Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ray Wilkins sentenced 15:02 - Jul 25 with 3369 viewsGloryHunter

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/25/ex-footballer-ray-wilkins-senten

Wilkins said: “Abstinence is the only way I can cure this situation.”

How about, "Not driving is the only way I can cure this situation"?
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:09 - Jul 25 with 2727 viewsjonno

My word.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:15 - Jul 25 with 2703 viewsEastR

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:09 - Jul 25 by jonno

My word.

he slurred

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:19 - Jul 25 with 2686 viewslondonscottish

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:15 - Jul 25 by EastR

he slurred

before doing some bird

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:28 - Jul 25 with 2643 viewsted_hendrix

Bet he left the court through a side door.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:33 - Jul 25 with 2621 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is his third drink-driving conviction, this time he was drinking at the wheel and he gets off with a trip to the Priory, a few tears and a driving ban. Nice to be famous.

Alcoholism is no joke. My family made its living out of selling alcohol so I've seen the damage it can do. I sympathise with him but he has gotten off lightly as well. In his many sober moments he should have been responsible enough to sell his car as it must be obvious to him that he can't resist driving when drunk, worse - driving while actually drinking.

He should have been committed to a proper course of treatment and getting his licence back and keeping it should be dependant on him being proven to be sober.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:37 - Jul 25 with 2609 viewsMytch_QPR

I hope he can sort himself out.

It makes me wonder how long he has had these issues - I know alcoholics can hide it well but I would be surprised if he had these problems when he was managing us. I wonder if losing his job at a few clubs has been a downer for him. Chelsea showed him the door and I think his spells at Fulham and Villa were brief.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:39 - Jul 25 with 2597 viewsPeterHucker

Great player for us in the 90s.
Met him a couple of times back in his playing days, and had a long chat with him at the Aylesbury pre-season friendly when he was manager.
Decent bloke, so wishing him all the best.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 2554 viewsNW10Hoop

I'd like to see him welcomed back to Loftus Rd in the near future, I reckon he deserves a warm round of applause at half time sometime. Although he managed the team when we first got relegated from the Premier League, he was part of one of our greatest periods as a player. And despite links with Chelsea, he's always speaks about his time at QPR with affection.

I'm in no way condoning his drink driving - but I do wish him a full recovery and a bit of happiness.
Login to get fewer ads

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 16:05 - Jul 25 with 2509 viewsKonk

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 15:37 - Jul 25 by Mytch_QPR

I hope he can sort himself out.

It makes me wonder how long he has had these issues - I know alcoholics can hide it well but I would be surprised if he had these problems when he was managing us. I wonder if losing his job at a few clubs has been a downer for him. Chelsea showed him the door and I think his spells at Fulham and Villa were brief.

It was an open secret that he had a drink problem during his most recent spell at Fulham.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 16:14 - Jul 25 with 2481 viewsBostonR

I wonder how deep the addiction problem goes with ex-footballers?
I cant remember who said it but one ex-footballer recently commented that a lot ex footballers just can't stop the urge to eat loads and drink loads once they give up the professional game.
I wish him well - it's a long road fighting those demons!
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 17:04 - Jul 25 with 2340 views18StoneOfHoop

[post edited July 26th 3:15 am]
Nah not my best post. #NotFeelingIt
Trying to be funny with fat footballer photos - been done before a few times
when the majority just want to pound on and castigate Wilkins mercilessly.
http://i.imgur.com/rnUnlCR.png?1
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 3:44]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 17:13 - Jul 25 with 2301 viewsstuabd

3rd conviction in 3 years. Glad no one was injured from his stupidity.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 18:24 - Jul 25 with 2166 viewsjohncharles

Rich person's wealth keeps him out of jail

Strong and stable my arse.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 18:36 - Jul 25 with 2130 viewsBrightonhoop

4 year ban to 4 year plan.....

Needs to sell his car and hire a driver. Which he should have done obviously after the 1st conviction.

Hope he can sort his problems out.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 19:56 - Jul 25 with 1988 viewsPunteR

Idiot.
He should get a lifetime driving ban. 3rd conviction?. That's ridiculous. How many times has he been drink driving and hasn't been caught.
I like a drink but even i know not to get behind a wheel after a couple.
Why does he need to be driving around anyway. Surely by now he knows if he is to go out socializing then get a lift or a cab.
I agree with gloryhunter, his problem isnt the drink but its the not being able to sort out transportation between home- pub - home again.
Pillock.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 21:35 - Jul 25 with 1829 viewsYorkRanger

A very sad tale. Easy for some to judge but he is ill and needs help.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 21:50 - Jul 25 with 1803 viewsPunteR

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 21:35 - Jul 25 by YorkRanger

I'm not judging him on being an alcoholic but judging him on his crime.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 22:20 - Jul 25 with 1751 viewspaesanu

You're right, let's only judge him after he mows someone down. He's a fcking imbecile and so is the law for the light sentence.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 22:24 - Jul 25 with 1739 viewsjohncharles

Not half as ill as you'd be if you' even hit by his car. Taking his eyes off the road to take a swig of the bottle.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 22:57 - Jul 25 with 1686 viewsGloryHunter

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 21:50 - Jul 25 by PunteR

I'm not judging him on being an alcoholic but judging him on his crime.

Exactly.

I like a drink, too. But I don't drive out to the pub in the evening, have a skinfull, and then drive home again. Ray's problem is not the drinking, it's the driving.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 23:01 - Jul 25 with 1671 viewsHendonHoop

Ray Wilkins is a player who I would put in my all time QPR Team every time. What he did was wrong and I hope he can turn things around as he always seems a real Gentleman. I would love to see talkSPORT giving him a more prominent role on some of their shows as I reckon he has a lot to offer as a Football Pundit. I wish him well.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 23:07 - Jul 25 with 1658 viewsToast_R

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 23:01 - Jul 25 by HendonHoop

Ray Wilkins is a player who I would put in my all time QPR Team every time. What he did was wrong and I hope he can turn things around as he always seems a real Gentleman. I would love to see talkSPORT giving him a more prominent role on some of their shows as I reckon he has a lot to offer as a Football Pundit. I wish him well.

He's an irresponsible c*nt. Dont let the fact that he played well for QPR determine a sympathetic opinion. Drink driving destroys lives.

If that was your John Terry who'd done this everyone on here would be screaming for the gallows.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 00:13 - Jul 26 with 1604 viewsNorthernr

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 22:57 - Jul 25 by GloryHunter

Exactly.

I like a drink, too. But I don't drive out to the pub in the evening, have a skinfull, and then drive home again. Ray's problem is not the drinking, it's the driving.

This. Loads of us have our issues with alcohol to varying degrees. But you don't get into a fcking car.
Ray Wilkins sentenced on 00:52 - Jul 26 with 1572 viewsBoston

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 22:20 - Jul 25 by paesanu

You're right, let's only judge him after he mows someone down. He's a fcking imbecile and so is the law for the light sentence.

I'm with you pissnuts, shame it's not California, third strike and yer on Death Row.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ray Wilkins sentenced on 07:13 - Jul 26 with 1476 viewswestberksr

1. Third time getting caught
2. Just cos he seems a top bloke seems to be a 'shame'
3. Lucky not to have killed someone
4. Seems lucid enough on TV, yet an 'alcoholic' rushed off for urgent treatment at the priory when likely to get banged up.

Let's not get carried away with the lovely chap stuff, he could have had a head on with one of us or ran over one of your kids.

If he is genuinely an alcoholic then I hope he gets over that but the being an irresponsible khunt is something completely different & he's bright enough to know better and wealthy enough to deal with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024