Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you've slept straight through 12:34 - Jul 26 with 3961 viewshopphoops

The Bologna-Copenhagen thread reminded me that when I went to Bologna about 15 years ago there was a political assassination around 1am outside the hotel, which presumably meant several gunshots and then a few hours of sirens and flashing lights. Slept through the whole thing.

Similarly slept through the Etape du Tour three weeks ago despite 15,000 riders going past and a helicopter apparently hovering outside our window for 10 minutes.

Does anyone else have this tendency to snooze through major events?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Things you've slept straight through on 19:54 - Jul 26 with 1468 viewsStanisgod

I slept through the 1986 Milk Cup Final, I assume I did as I don't remember a thing about it. !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Things you've slept straight through on 20:37 - Jul 26 with 1450 viewsMonahoop

I slept through Genesis playing at Glastonbury in '79. I was pretty inebriated on dubious farmhouse scrumpy at the time. Kind of glad I was really, but I think I would have fallen asleep to them anyway, stoned or unstoned.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Things you've slept straight through on 20:47 - Jul 26 with 1443 viewswgchoop

Only one springs to mind dianas death got in from a few beers family went mental ( would be roylasists) was more upset my bacon sarnie had bo ketchup
Things you've slept straight through on 21:25 - Jul 26 with 1421 viewskissmyrs

my wedding night
Things you've slept straight through on 22:49 - Jul 26 with 1368 viewsStanisgod

Any Leonard Cohen track 💤💤💤

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Things you've slept straight through on 23:13 - Jul 26 with 1353 viewsBklynRanger

When I was 10 I slept through a car skidding on ice and crashing through our garden fence to hit the wall below my bedroom window.

We had friends over from Spain a couple of years ago and a huge fire started in the building across from us. At least 10 fire engines, men on ladders with hoses, a helicopter hovering, windows getting smashed out, toxic smoke everywhere. They slept theogj the whole thing the lovely ham eating freaks.

I was a night watchman at Belfast Zoo once and slept through some ruffians robbing the staff office, which I was relieved about becuase Group 4 was only paying me 2.03 an hour so fcuk that.
Things you've slept straight through on 09:04 - Jul 27 with 1282 viewsdanehoop

Things you've slept straight through on 12:37 - Jul 26 by Metallica_Hoop

The grand storm of 1987.

I remember that. I went to work the next dear largely oblivious to anything having happened and was the only one in my central London office of 60 plus people until around 11 when some other souls emerged. Was only when they got in that I started to understand what had happened and the scale of the storm. I had slept through the whole thing and was starting to get a little worried that it was a public holiday that I had missed somehow.

Never knowingly understood

Things you've slept straight through on 10:08 - Jul 27 with 1264 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Slept through 87 hurricane and one that battered us in Manila. Which is odd, because I am not normally a 'good' sleeper, often awoken by the slightest thing and it can take ages to nod off.

But occasionally, that tiredness builds up and I can go into a deep coma.

Wife being more culturally minded than myself, wanted to go to an opera. I obviously put it off for as long as I could, and then we were in Berlin and cheeky minx booked tickets and so, all dressed up, off we went.

Her last words to me were, don't fall asleep.

Three minutes in, bang, out like a light. I'm not a snorer, but soon enough, I started. Poor girl, utterly embarrassed in front of the Gerry opera set and so the rib digs started; 'What, what, I'm listening!'

Two minutes later, back to snoring like a schwien I was. Head flopping, possible drooling and the likes.

Left at the interval.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Things you've slept straight through on 11:28 - Jul 27 with 1235 viewsFredManRave

Things you've slept straight through on 12:52 - Jul 26 by dannyblue

2010 Chile earthquake, 8.8 magnitude, caused tsunami warnings in 53 countries. We were in Argentina on a ranch. The whole building shook, some horses escaped and made a lot of noise panicking. My gf slept through the whole thing, like she does when our toddler wakes up at 4am.

Same here. The wife slept through it, continuing to snore like there was no tomorrow. I however, did wake up. The whole house shook for what felt like ages. Not being used to or prepared for earthquakes you never really know what to do when the moment arrives. They are an awesome show of the strength and power of mother nature. Amazing to think that in this particular example I was over 500 milea away from the epicentre and yet you could still feel the earth, literally move.

Did sleep tbrough my living room TV blowing up and going up in flames but was fortunately woken up by the smoke billowing into my bedroom. The then girlfriend and I got out of the flar just in time. 2 minutes later and it would have been game over for the pair of us.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Things you've slept straight through on 12:41 - Jul 27 with 1209 viewsPinnerPaul

Last 10 minutes of Antiques Roadshow - everytime I watch it!
Things you've slept straight through on 13:13 - Jul 27 with 1189 viewsmarkrtid

Most of the 90's
Things you've slept straight through on 13:59 - Jul 27 with 1158 viewshoof_hearted

My niece sleeps on the top bunk. We heard the massive thump as she fell out of bed and found her blissfully sleeping, curled up on the bedroom floor without even stirring. In the morning she had no idea that it had happened.
Things you've slept straight through on 14:22 - Jul 27 with 1142 viewsWilloW4

Things you've slept straight through on 13:13 - Jul 27 by markrtid

Most of the 90's

Agreed. Like your avatar mark. Nice one.
Things you've slept straight through on 14:22 - Jul 27 with 1142 viewsGaryT

'87 storm. Thursday night was pool night and after a particularly heavy night of drinking, woke to find the car surrounded by roof tiles but not a scratch on it. The corner shops window was smashed with bits of fence and rubbish everywhere so assumed there had been a riot in the night. Was told it was a storm so figured the road to work would be blocked so went back to bed.

Mates wife was in hospital about to pop out their first kid and I'd agreed to sleep on the sofa with the only phone in the house a foot from my head (you know the type, the ones where the phone, table and walls rattled when it rung). Sure enough I woke slowly to the distant sound of ringing in my ears and after a minute or so worked out it was the phone. My mate dashed off to the hospital so my role had been accomplished. Found out a day or so later they had been ringing for four hours until I eventually answered. His kids have got kids of their own now but his missus still hasn't forgiven me.

I'm always falling asleep on trains and planes and on one flight I must have woken up 5 or 6 times to find my head between my knees, I snapped back upright and then slowly drift off and repeat. I didn't feel the slightest bit embarrassed at the time but all I can see is Mr Bean when I imagine what I must have looked like.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 14:26]
Things you've slept straight through on 14:48 - Jul 27 with 1119 viewsmarkrtid

Things you've slept straight through on 14:22 - Jul 27 by WilloW4

Agreed. Like your avatar mark. Nice one.

Very nice of you to say so.
slightly chuffed.
Things you've slept straight through on 16:53 - Jul 27 with 1048 viewswelwynranger

Things you've slept straight through on 19:54 - Jul 26 by Stanisgod

I slept through the 1986 Milk Cup Final, I assume I did as I don't remember a thing about it. !

It must have been a bad dream. Because the match never took place .
Things you've slept straight through on 13:18 - Jul 28 with 981 viewssimmo

Totteridge and Whetstone station. Reguarly

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Things you've slept straight through on 13:56 - Jul 28 with 963 viewsKonk

Things you've slept straight through on 14:27 - Jul 26 by Konk

My mate was kipping in our spare bedroom and managed to miss the police hammering on the door of the upstairs flat at 7am on a Saturday, the police shouting, “Police — open the door!” about eighty times, the police banging on our door, us letting them in, the police running through our flat, into the back garden and up the fire escape stairs and trying to force our neighbour’s back door, the police running back through our flat shouting, the police smashing the neighbours front door down, charging up the steps shouting, “Police!” a lot, and then charging round the upstairs flat, charging down the stairs and then leaving empty handed. He then slept through the bloke using a drill to cover the broken door with a sheet of corrugated metal and when the dozy tw at actually woke up, he refused to believe any of it had happened.

I slept through a fire alarm in Boston that saw the whole of the Sheraton hotel evacuated at about 2am, with hundreds of people stood out in the street, fire engines sirens wailing etc, whilst I slept on fully dressed having been overcome by the twin terrors of booze and jet lag.

I should add that I was sharing the room with my wife and she actually took part in the evacuation, leaving me in the room because I was deep in sleep and she thought it was probably just a false alarm...charming.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Things you've slept straight through on 21:30 - Jul 28 with 915 viewsLadbrokeR

I went out out to Seville to Spain v England with Mrs Ladbroke. On the day of the game we foolishly started a bit early. We went back to the hotel where our balcony provided a excellent view of the England yoof throwing oranges at tourists in horse drawn carts. We opted for a late siesta so we fell asleep and completely missed the match. Long way to go for a drunken kip.
Things you've slept straight through on 11:28 - Aug 2 with 838 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.rt.com/viral/340762-zombie-biker-sleeping-man/

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024