Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you've slept straight through 12:34 - Jul 26 with 3973 viewshopphoops

The Bologna-Copenhagen thread reminded me that when I went to Bologna about 15 years ago there was a political assassination around 1am outside the hotel, which presumably meant several gunshots and then a few hours of sirens and flashing lights. Slept through the whole thing.

Similarly slept through the Etape du Tour three weeks ago despite 15,000 riders going past and a helicopter apparently hovering outside our window for 10 minutes.

Does anyone else have this tendency to snooze through major events?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Things you've slept straight through on 12:37 - Jul 26 with 2523 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The grand storm of 1987.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Things you've slept straight through on 12:39 - Jul 26 with 2518 viewsJuzzie

A lot of QPR games the least couple of years.
Things you've slept straight through on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 2493 viewsR_from_afar

The gripping finale of most DVDs and videos, sigh...

There was one snowboarding holiday during which we watched a film almost every night. I flaked out for the last 20 minutes of all of them. Like a lightweight.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Things you've slept straight through on 12:50 - Jul 26 with 2489 viewsMaggsinho

Things you've slept straight through on 12:37 - Jul 26 by Metallica_Hoop

The grand storm of 1987.

I woke up briefly that night and thought it sounded a bit windy outside and went straight back to sleep. Woke up to any number of trees having blown down around our house.
Things you've slept straight through on 12:50 - Jul 26 with 2489 viewsjohncharles

The grand storm of 1987.

I woke up when it started. An open window in the bedroom was rattling like mad so I got up and shut It. Went back to bed and slept through till morning. Woke up to find several trees down in the road, one had crashed into a house a couple of doors down.
I've often wondered what would have happened if I'd woken up five minutes later. The window would probably have gone and I'd be looking at all those trees crashing down.

Strong and stable my arse.

Things you've slept straight through on 12:52 - Jul 26 with 2475 viewsdannyblue

2010 Chile earthquake, 8.8 magnitude, caused tsunami warnings in 53 countries. We were in Argentina on a ranch. The whole building shook, some horses escaped and made a lot of noise panicking. My gf slept through the whole thing, like she does when our toddler wakes up at 4am.
Things you've slept straight through on 13:30 - Jul 26 with 2427 viewsaston_hoop

When I was a student, I slept through a 5AM fire alarm. Someone had come home drunk, burnt the toast and the whole 20 floor tower block was evacuated while it was checked as all clear and the fire engines did their token appearance just in case. The fire wardens come and bang on everyones door and even unlock them and get you out. The first I knew of it was the next day when all my flatmates wondered where I had got to and assumed I'd met a girl or something. Truth is I had fallen asleep drunk on the floor and wasn't noticed by the wardens and slept right through. No idea how that was possible.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Things you've slept straight through on 13:43 - Jul 26 with 2399 viewswelwynranger

Things you've slept straight through on 13:30 - Jul 26 by aston_hoop

When I was a student, I slept through a 5AM fire alarm. Someone had come home drunk, burnt the toast and the whole 20 floor tower block was evacuated while it was checked as all clear and the fire engines did their token appearance just in case. The fire wardens come and bang on everyones door and even unlock them and get you out. The first I knew of it was the next day when all my flatmates wondered where I had got to and assumed I'd met a girl or something. Truth is I had fallen asleep drunk on the floor and wasn't noticed by the wardens and slept right through. No idea how that was possible.

Captain Corellis Mandelin
Login to get fewer ads

Things you've slept straight through on 13:58 - Jul 26 with 2366 viewsTonto

same here - the 87 hurricane... totally unaware...
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 13:59]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Things you've slept straight through on 14:01 - Jul 26 with 2354 viewsLblock

For my shame....

I slept through the QPR 6 Scum 0 game.

Well most of it.
I'd been proper on it the day before, woke up, put my bedside radio on thinking it was still early morning and heard the commentary from Radio London coming from W12

Gutted? Moi?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Things you've slept straight through on 14:02 - Jul 26 with 2352 viewsDesertBoot

1987 storm yes. Lived in Montpellier Road at the time and had to climb over several trees to get to the bus stop - couldn't believe it.

On another level, slept through Life of Pi at the cinema and Madonna's concert in Hyde Park a few years ago. Free ticket but her voice had gone and I dozed off for the entire performance.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Things you've slept straight through on 14:19 - Jul 26 with 2324 viewsJeff

The grand storm of 1987.

True story - very nearly died in the great storm of 87 -

Massive oak tree crashed through my house, into my bedroom, and stopped about a foot from my bed. Only reason that it stopped in time was that this thin little willow tree was in it's path and it took the brunt enough to slow the tree down on it's descent...

Can we not knock it?

Things you've slept straight through on 14:27 - Jul 26 with 2305 viewsKonk

My mate was kipping in our spare bedroom and managed to miss the police hammering on the door of the upstairs flat at 7am on a Saturday, the police shouting, “Police — open the door!” about eighty times, the police banging on our door, us letting them in, the police running through our flat, into the back garden and up the fire escape stairs and trying to force our neighbour’s back door, the police running back through our flat shouting, the police smashing the neighbours front door down, charging up the steps shouting, “Police!” a lot, and then charging round the upstairs flat, charging down the stairs and then leaving empty handed. He then slept through the bloke using a drill to cover the broken door with a sheet of corrugated metal and when the dozy tw at actually woke up, he refused to believe any of it had happened.

I slept through a fire alarm in Boston that saw the whole of the Sheraton hotel evacuated at about 2am, with hundreds of people stood out in the street, fire engines sirens wailing etc, whilst I slept on fully dressed having been overcome by the twin terrors of booze and jet lag.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Things you've slept straight through on 15:05 - Jul 26 with 2251 viewsBoston

I have awoken for many things, earthquakes, tornadoes, bombs, gunfire, helping the police with their inquiries, but there was an occasion of er drowsiness over in Ireland many years ago. Myself and one of my brothers pitched up a tent in a field at the end of Cork Airport and headed into town for a nightcap or three.
The next morning I got up for a leak and noticed scenes of chaos as far as the eye could see. Tents flattened or up in hedges, tree debris everywhere, ponds where it had been a dust bowl the day before and to top it all some chunt had piled rocks all around our sleeping quarters. I pulled back the tent flap and started telling the bruv about the bleedin' liberty to be met with ...fcuk off.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Things you've slept straight through on 15:14 - Jul 26 with 2237 viewsE17hoop

First half of the Lion King stage show.

Was a very warm August night and had seats in the gods. Pre-show drinks, tiredness and the heat/humidity and I was off as they were doing the intro.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Things you've slept straight through on 15:20 - Jul 26 with 2226 viewswelwynranger

Things you've slept straight through on 15:14 - Jul 26 by E17hoop

First half of the Lion King stage show.

Was a very warm August night and had seats in the gods. Pre-show drinks, tiredness and the heat/humidity and I was off as they were doing the intro.

With you on that. Thought "The Lion King" . Was 2and a half hours too long. Hated it.
Things you've slept straight through on 15:28 - Jul 26 with 2217 viewsLowerloftLad

I slept through the skum 6 QPR 1 game got home around 7am from my mates stag do and just crashed when I woke up my dad screamed what ever you do don't turn on sky sports

I also slept through a house across the road burning down
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 15:30]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Things you've slept straight through on 15:37 - Jul 26 with 2192 viewsloftboy

Slept.through all the stations between Wokingham and waterloo before Christmas then every stop between waterloo and Chertsey last November! Was slightly pissed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Things you've slept straight through on 15:40 - Jul 26 with 2187 viewsmikeygunn

I slept through my train stop after the playoff final and ended up in Derby.
Things you've slept straight through on 15:59 - Jul 26 with 2142 viewspaulparker

During the promotion year I slept through the second half of QPR 1 Watford 3
all week before the game I had tonsillitis and was really ill , the thing was I arranged to meet an old mate and his old man for an all day session then on to the game
(the game was a Friday night) so I took the day off work still feeling like death and forced down 6 pints of London pride down my neck
during the half time the illness took over me and I hit a brick wall, I was shivering and all sorts and then passed out in my seat , my mates dad woke me up ecstatic that he had a bet on Watford at 8-1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Things you've slept straight through on 16:17 - Jul 26 with 2117 viewsMick_S

I slept through a drugs raid to the pub 25 yards from my house, involving riot police and a helicopter.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Things you've slept straight through on 16:30 - Jul 26 with 2095 viewsFredManRave

Things you've slept straight through on 16:17 - Jul 26 by Mick_S

I slept through a drugs raid to the pub 25 yards from my house, involving riot police and a helicopter.

Sounds like you'd bought and consumed the lot before they got there?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Things you've slept straight through on 16:39 - Jul 26 with 2077 viewssuttonranger

More up to date than '87
Military coup 2016 week or so ago in turkey 😀
Things you've slept straight through on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 2073 viewslondonscottish

I slept through half of Saturday. Mind you I was out till 5.30.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Things you've slept straight through on 19:50 - Jul 26 with 1958 viewsRoller

Super Saturday during the London Olympics.

My daughter roared home Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah, Greg Rutherford etc, I slept through the lot. I'd had a long, hard week - it was nothing to do with a bottle of red.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024