Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
conor washington. 22:18 - Jul 26 with 1460 viewsconnell10

I so want the kid to succeed! I would have given him the full 90 tonight.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

conor washington. on 22:22 - Jul 26 with 1442 viewsTacticalR

One up front with Washington just doesn't work. Either play him with a big player who can bring the ball down for him, or don't play long ball football.

Air hostess clique

conor washington. on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 1404 viewsHooparoo

conor washington. on 22:22 - Jul 26 by TacticalR

One up front with Washington just doesn't work. Either play him with a big player who can bring the ball down for him, or don't play long ball football.

Seems pretty obvious really. The obsession with long balls up to a bustling centre forward puzzles me. I don't get the point if it at all. We are fit (by all accounts) and we have pace in the side (at last) so why do we negate all that by playing aerial ping pong?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

conor washington. on 22:58 - Jul 26 with 1272 viewsdaveB

conor washington. on 22:29 - Jul 26 by Hooparoo

Seems pretty obvious really. The obsession with long balls up to a bustling centre forward puzzles me. I don't get the point if it at all. We are fit (by all accounts) and we have pace in the side (at last) so why do we negate all that by playing aerial ping pong?

I don't think the team had much pace or width in it tonight and the 2 in central midfield are not great at quick passing either so that left us either too slow in possession or knocking it forward too quickly .

I like the look of Washington but he played up front on his own for Ireland in the summer and did it at times for Peterbrough so it's not an alien position for him
conor washington. on 07:37 - Jul 27 with 1055 viewsNorthernr

conor washington. on 22:22 - Jul 26 by TacticalR

One up front with Washington can work, Sunderland played Defoe by himself last season and he's not exactly Duncan Ferguson. But it can't work the way we play it, long balls, channel balls, the poor bastard gets absolutely nothing to go on.
conor washington. on 08:05 - Jul 27 with 989 viewsconnell10

conor washington. on 07:37 - Jul 27 by Northernr

One up front with Washington can work, Sunderland played Defoe by himself last season and he's not exactly Duncan Ferguson. But it can't work the way we play it, long balls, channel balls, the poor bastard gets absolutely nothing to go on.

Totally agree and if it continues i cant see the lad getting many goals.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

conor washington. on 09:35 - Jul 27 with 814 viewsSuffolkHoop

Since January how many goal scoring situations has he been in? It's hardly any, 3 or less I'd say. Should have scored last night I hope it doesn't play on his mind already.
conor washington. on 10:03 - Jul 27 with 765 views1MoreBrightonR

Its an odd one...its seems pretty obvious to all of us and they must have knew this style of play didnt suit him. Hopefully they have an idea of some creative players they can bring in to support him...but i'm not optimistic!
conor washington. on 10:21 - Jul 27 with 722 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps I should have said that it didn't work last night (and we've seen previous games where it hasn't worked). The only time that it (almost) worked was when El Khayati played a pinpoint pass along the ground to Washington and Washington hit the bar.

Washington is going to need those sort of passes from midfield, but last night our central defenders defaulted to whacking the ball forward.

Defoe's a bit more nippy than Washington.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

conor washington. on 10:23 - Jul 27 with 713 viewsPunteR

I thought Jimmy prefers 442 ,why are we playing 1 at top?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

conor washington. on 10:57 - Jul 27 with 645 viewsWeaverQPR

30 games in under JFH and we are no further on tactically than day 1.

@WeavQPR

conor washington. on 10:59 - Jul 27 with 635 viewsNorthernr

conor washington. on 10:23 - Jul 27 by PunteR

I thought Jimmy prefers 442 ,why are we playing 1 at top?

Because what few creative, talented attacking players we do have are all best suited to playing 'ten' off a lone striker.
conor washington. on 11:11 - Jul 27 with 591 viewsstevec

I suppose last season we had a central midfield that were incapable of supporting the wide men.

So what do we do? Get rid of the wide men. Genius.
conor washington. on 11:12 - Jul 27 with 585 viewsJeff

conor washington. on 10:59 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Because what few creative, talented attacking players we do have are all best suited to playing 'ten' off a lone striker.

Agreed, if you want to play both Washington and Polter up top (or Lee Cook's other nominal non-scoring lump...) then you are naturally going to play 4 in midfield (assuming that we're not going Redknapp 352 or anything silly like that...)

That means you have to drop Chery, who can't play in a central midfield 2, and isn't the touchline hugging winger whipping in crosses that the 2 up top will want / demand.

and for me Clive, Chery>Washington.

Can we not knock it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024