Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another hero gone 13:12 - Jul 27 with 1430 viewsstowmarketrange

I was listening to 5live's tribute to Sir Gary Sobers last night,and they were talking to Ian Botham.
He said that his bedroom wall had a poster of Sobers along with his posters of the Chelshite players from the late 60's.Hero to zero in my eyes now.
How could he?
Another hero gone on 13:25 - Jul 27 with 1391 viewsR_from_afar

Good news he's still alive! I thought he'd gone too when I heard there was a tribute but the reason was that he is 80.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Another hero gone on 13:38 - Jul 27 with 1357 viewsstowmarketrange

Another hero gone on 13:25 - Jul 27 by R_from_afar

Good news he's still alive! I thought he'd gone too when I heard there was a tribute but the reason was that he is 80.

RFA

He sounded really well on the radio,and he still regularly enjoys playing various sports.He was in his last couple of years in international cricket when I started taking an interest in test matches.He certainly was a very good cricketer.
Another hero gone on 13:41 - Jul 27 with 1347 viewseghamranger

Another hero gone on 13:25 - Jul 27 by R_from_afar

RFA

Good old beefy.... Walked to lands end and didn't stop.

Only time I watched cricket was when him and viv Richards used to play for Somerset and spank balls all over the place!!
Another hero gone on 17:50 - Jul 27 with 1198 viewsDWQPR

I have just got tickets for Thursday night to go to the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown for a celebratory cricket match in Sir Garry's honour to celebrate his 80th birthday. A T20 match between his XI and a Brian Lara XI, along with a lot of partying. Four tickets in the Party Stand worked out at around £75! He really is a legend out here and described as the 'only living National Hero of Barbados'. The match evidently includes the likes of Sir Viv Richards and Andrew Flintoff playing so it should be one hell of a night. Entertainment also includes this fella:

Whose music provided the backdrop to the Cropover celebrations last year, which happens to be this weekend as well, so a long week of partying on the island!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Another hero gone on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 1154 viewsflynnbo

A Tory supporter and a Brexit supporter too, is Botham-make of that what you will.
Another hero gone on 18:52 - Jul 27 with 1115 viewsDWQPR

And he was England's Garry Sobers, gave pleasure to millions of cricket fans all over the world and also raised and still raises millions in aid of Lukaemia Research. The guy is an absolute legend and whatever his political persuasion, it is totally irrelevant. There are plenty of decent Tory supporters in this world, there are plenty of Labour supporters in this world but what I do notice is that there are also plenty of left-wing(h)ers who sneer at others because they do not appreciate that they may not be of the same political persuasion and instead insinuate that they are in fact 'Tory scum'.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Another hero gone on 21:32 - Jul 27 with 991 viewsflynnbo

Believe me, Botham was a hero of mine and I've followed his career since he played in the one dayers back in 1977. Also, he went to Alf Gover's wonderful cricket nets in Wandsworth where dear old Alf asked me to coach. Just cannot align myself with his views. A wonderful ex-cricketer who has done immense work for charity and that is where I will leave it.
Another hero gone on 22:16 - Jul 27 with 927 viewsLongsufferingR

Nothing to do with politics at all, but I've met the man and he is a grade A prize Toszer. Perfect example of why it's not usually a good thing to meet your heroes.
Login to get fewer ads

Another hero gone on 22:21 - Jul 27 with 917 viewsessextaxiboy

Another hero gone on 18:29 - Jul 27 by flynnbo

A Tory supporter and a Brexit supporter too, is Botham-make of that what you will.

I am a Tory supporter and a Brexit supporter .I have also been a QPR supporter since 1967 .
Another hero gone on 06:22 - Jul 28 with 824 viewsdanehoop

Another hero gone on 22:21 - Jul 27 by essextaxiboy

I am a Tory supporter and a Brexit supporter .I have also been a QPR supporter since 1967 .

Have we just established that you are in fact Michael gove?

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024