Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute 14:04 - Jul 27 with 1651 viewsmakaveli1882

I doubt any of our current squad will be so I am just going to go for the year I predicate 2038

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36904466

Clubs will be allowed to use a fourth substitute during extra time in the latter stages of this season's FA Cup.

The format, subject to approval from the International Football Association Board, was trialled in the Copa America this summer.

The rule will be introduced in the FA Cup from the quarter-final stage.

FA chief executive Martin Glenn said the move will add "intrigue and interest", adding that "player welfare" had also been a consideration.

"It is important The FA continues to look at how it can further add to the drama and spectacle of a competition loved by millions," he added.

The FA's decision to scrap replays from the quarter-final stage was another factor in the move.

"With the cup now adopting a straight knockout format from the quarter-finals onwards, the introduction of a fourth substitute in extra time will bring extra intrigue and interest," Glenn said.

"Also, from a technical point of view, it will be interesting to see how managers use the chance to make an additional substitution in such high-profile games and the impact it has on the final result."

This season's competition gets under way on Friday, 5 August when 184 preliminary matches take place.
Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 14:06 - Jul 27 with 1643 viewsaston_hoop

Thats all very well but can they confirm the rumour that the FA Cup also has a fourth round?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 14:19 - Jul 27 with 1610 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's a thread above about Premier League 2... but for me, the use of subs has been an enormous mistake over the last few years. Being able to use 2 subs was enough. Having 3 subs on the bench was enough. 5 was too many. 7 is ridiculous. This plays into the hands of richer clubs, who have more money to spend on better back-ups, who they can keep happy by involving them in the squad every week, even if they rarely play. Smaller clubs simply can't afford to do this.

A fourth sub is mental. As for the guff about 'player welfare' - well, if you can't run around for 120 minutes you need to pace yourself better. Or get fitter. Ridiculous.

Bare bones.

Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 14:29 - Jul 27 with 1591 viewsdaveB

Another pointless change to a competition that was fine as it was
Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 15:03 - Jul 27 with 1542 viewsHunterhoop

Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 14:29 - Jul 27 by daveB

Another pointless change to a competition that was fine as it was

Given it said the "... in the latter stages of the FA Cup", the name of the first fourth substitute is likely to be just a twinkle in their father's eye at the minute.
Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 1436 viewsnightwish

Sweepstake on Queens Park Rangers first fourth substitute on 14:19 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

There's a thread above about Premier League 2... but for me, the use of subs has been an enormous mistake over the last few years. Being able to use 2 subs was enough. Having 3 subs on the bench was enough. 5 was too many. 7 is ridiculous. This plays into the hands of richer clubs, who have more money to spend on better back-ups, who they can keep happy by involving them in the squad every week, even if they rarely play. Smaller clubs simply can't afford to do this.

A fourth sub is mental. As for the guff about 'player welfare' - well, if you can't run around for 120 minutes you need to pace yourself better. Or get fitter. Ridiculous.

The trouble is now so many managers use subs to waste time in matches this is only going to add to the problem.It certainly wont improve football the way things are going it will end up like ice hockey with players going on and off all the time.Referees are meant to add on 30secs per sub but on many occasions I have seen 3 players on each side used as subs yet only 2 mins injury time go up.So yet more tactical time wasting because of this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024