Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polite request 23:28 - Jul 28 with 6349 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Can we have the 90's back please?

Loads of work, loads of beer, loads of drugs, loads of women, great music, felt safe crawling across the pub car park at night, always woke up somewhere different, always found my way to work on time, always got paid with red 50 quid notes, always got paid on friday, never worked Saturday, never could and still can't do up my 501s right, bookies at 10 am, pub at 10:58 am, p1ssed at 3:05 pm, charlied up.... somewhere.... but always laughing....

We had a decent squad, international players, flair, guile, goals...

I wake up now and wonder why I bothered growing up...

I feel a bucket list coming on, only not things I ain't done ever, things I ain't done for 20 years!

Sorry, I'm going on again...

Polite request on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 1164 viewskensalriser

Polite request on 19:03 - Jul 29 by Lblock

1990 through to 1998 were, for me, the golden years.

Jesus I had some great times.

Always lived in Ealing and worked around West London / the West End / the City so I used to love that you could go into a boozer and it would undoubtably have someone in there you knew. Sometimes with mtes of mates you'd be a 70 strong army from a simple "couple on a Friday night"
It's one of the things that I simply cannot get my head around. Where are the 17 to 25 year olds spending their time these days? Any pub back then would have a flock o long and lank haired goons in wallabies etc mooching about. It's no wonder social skills are gone

Blimey - even the violence was better back then.

Raindance, Club UK, Bagleys, Eclipse, Energy, The Living Dream, 1st Bass, 2nd Bass, 3rd Bass, Clockwork Orange...even The GIn Palace... the list goes on

Was there much violence in the 90s? I think I went years without seeing more than a minor scuffle. Obviously there was the odd bit of bother when the police came to shut things down but that's different.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Polite request on 22:51 - Jul 29 with 1151 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think this belongs here.

and this
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 22:52]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Polite request on 22:58 - Jul 29 with 1139 viewsMetallica_Hoop

and we had 'the word'

[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 23:00]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Polite request on 23:04 - Jul 29 with 1133 viewsPunteR

If I was told I only had a couple more years left then a 90's style weekend would be on my list.
E is back in the clubs according to the hip and cool radio 1 and X. Makes you wonder why they announce that sort of thing on the radio.
BBC tv license doesn't cover all their costs then..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024