Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polite request 23:28 - Jul 28 with 6182 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Can we have the 90's back please?

Loads of work, loads of beer, loads of drugs, loads of women, great music, felt safe crawling across the pub car park at night, always woke up somewhere different, always found my way to work on time, always got paid with red 50 quid notes, always got paid on friday, never worked Saturday, never could and still can't do up my 501s right, bookies at 10 am, pub at 10:58 am, p1ssed at 3:05 pm, charlied up.... somewhere.... but always laughing....

We had a decent squad, international players, flair, guile, goals...

I wake up now and wonder why I bothered growing up...

I feel a bucket list coming on, only not things I ain't done ever, things I ain't done for 20 years!

Sorry, I'm going on again...

Polite request on 23:33 - Jul 28 with 5134 viewsozexile

Yeah the 90's were fantastic
Polite request on 23:58 - Jul 28 with 5111 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Fvck me sideways with a plastic oval shaped Bass ashtray with burn marks, how could I forget smoking??? Smoke where you fvcking well liked....
Polite request on 07:43 - Jul 29 with 4975 viewsloftboy

80's were better, ATAF

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Polite request on 08:29 - Jul 29 with 4912 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The 90's were amazing.

Great clubs, great music, phones you could only talk on (in the latter part) and there were hardly and gastro pubs.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Polite request on 08:32 - Jul 29 with 4909 viewspaulparker

Where do you start

House music was at its peak between 93 & 96
you had girls fm, clubs & Nights like Bagleys, SW1, Ministry, The Cross, Gardening club, Turnills, Garage city, Satellite, Hot Bubblegum, Gass club , The Ku Club , the emporium

blokes wore ralph laurens, stone island, rockports, Patrick coxs , Armani jeans , Katherine hamnett

you had the rave era , Fantazia, Dreamscape , Eclipse, the Astoria , Raindance , Strawberry Sundays ,

who remembers Kickers, Dungarees, champion sports shorts, reebok classics, British knights, Chippe , chevingnon, Soviet, replay ,

Drugs were Drugs and it wasn't cut to sh1t you had doves, disco biscuits, green apples
Moroccan black to smoke (mind the hot rocks in your best ralph lauren)
sniffing poppers does anyone do that anymore ?

A pub was still a pub still , it was Smokey and full of people chatting, some had Dj's on a Saturday night , none of this staring into phones in some poncy gastro pub whilst you nurse the local micro brewery ale and none of this pub closures that happen every week

the weekend started on a Thursday night and ended sunday night

summers were always hot

I had long hair I was in good shape & had a pick of the ladies !!!!!

it was still affordable to go to football with a group of mates , you could stand for a fiver
you could even a crafty joint at the back of the loft

we had Les, Sinton, Gerry, Ray, Barker, Wegerle, Bardsley, Sinclair, Macca, Willo Maddix
we had gentleman don howe
we had the greatest centre back in football in Paul Parker
we beat the top teams at HQ , always !!!!

Chelsea & spurs finished midtable ha ha

we had Italia 90 & Euro 96

no internet , your phone was a home one and you met on word of mouth
the world wasn't PC mad either

you lived at home and your mum done your washing and ironing , you came in when you pleased, you came home to dinner on the table,
you got paid on a Friday !!!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Polite request on 08:41 - Jul 29 with 4881 viewsLadbrokeR

I am with you here. House musuc was at it's zenith. What a time Soulsonic, Glitterarti, Girls FM. Who can forget Bagleys or Rave city as my brother used to say.

I remember going out to New York and going to Body and Soul in the 90s.

People were much more into experincing things rather than evidencing them.

I could pull an all nighter without my bones aching so much.

Even the England side looked half decent at one point.,
Polite request on 10:06 - Jul 29 with 4809 viewsAntti_Heinola

The 90s were a great decade indeed. My theory is it happens every 30 years in the UK. Next high should be around in about a decade.
although with the amount of drugs pp seems to have taken, i'm not sure he could differentiate between the 70s and the 90s ;)

Bare bones.

Polite request on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 4783 viewsPunteR

Polite request on 08:32 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Where do you start

House music was at its peak between 93 & 96
you had girls fm, clubs & Nights like Bagleys, SW1, Ministry, The Cross, Gardening club, Turnills, Garage city, Satellite, Hot Bubblegum, Gass club , The Ku Club , the emporium

blokes wore ralph laurens, stone island, rockports, Patrick coxs , Armani jeans , Katherine hamnett

you had the rave era , Fantazia, Dreamscape , Eclipse, the Astoria , Raindance , Strawberry Sundays ,

who remembers Kickers, Dungarees, champion sports shorts, reebok classics, British knights, Chippe , chevingnon, Soviet, replay ,

Drugs were Drugs and it wasn't cut to sh1t you had doves, disco biscuits, green apples
Moroccan black to smoke (mind the hot rocks in your best ralph lauren)
sniffing poppers does anyone do that anymore ?

A pub was still a pub still , it was Smokey and full of people chatting, some had Dj's on a Saturday night , none of this staring into phones in some poncy gastro pub whilst you nurse the local micro brewery ale and none of this pub closures that happen every week

the weekend started on a Thursday night and ended sunday night

summers were always hot

I had long hair I was in good shape & had a pick of the ladies !!!!!

it was still affordable to go to football with a group of mates , you could stand for a fiver
you could even a crafty joint at the back of the loft

we had Les, Sinton, Gerry, Ray, Barker, Wegerle, Bardsley, Sinclair, Macca, Willo Maddix
we had gentleman don howe
we had the greatest centre back in football in Paul Parker
we beat the top teams at HQ , always !!!!

Chelsea & spurs finished midtable ha ha

we had Italia 90 & Euro 96

no internet , your phone was a home one and you met on word of mouth
the world wasn't PC mad either

you lived at home and your mum done your washing and ironing , you came in when you pleased, you came home to dinner on the table,
you got paid on a Friday !!!!

Hot rocks on your vinyl was a f***er.

I saw a photo on facebook of a torn B&H gratis points card used for roach which took me back.

Yeh the 90's were ace.
House,Hip Hop, even rock n roll was smashing the airwaves..
Good end to an eventful century..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Polite request on 10:27 - Jul 29 with 4767 viewsPunteR

Polite request on 08:41 - Jul 29 by LadbrokeR

I am with you here. House musuc was at it's zenith. What a time Soulsonic, Glitterarti, Girls FM. Who can forget Bagleys or Rave city as my brother used to say.

I remember going out to New York and going to Body and Soul in the 90s.

People were much more into experincing things rather than evidencing them.

I could pull an all nighter without my bones aching so much.

Even the England side looked half decent at one point.,

"People were much more into experincing things rather than evidencing them. "

I think your spot on there LadbrokeR..

Polite request on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 4725 viewspaulparker

Polite request on 10:17 - Jul 29 by PunteR

Hot rocks on your vinyl was a f***er.

I saw a photo on facebook of a torn B&H gratis points card used for roach which took me back.

Yeh the 90's were ace.
House,Hip Hop, even rock n roll was smashing the airwaves..
Good end to an eventful century..

Yes Punter how could I forget rolling joints on your Vinyl Covers

also we had PM Dawn, Prodigy, Bizarre Inc , in the charts

does anyone remember Dance Energy as well with normski ?

oh and Baywatch with Pamela Anderson

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Polite request on 10:57 - Jul 29 with 4711 viewsdaveB

no smartphones either so no evidence of your nights out which is a very good thing.

I loved the 90's but it's probably an age thing, people in their 40's all wanted to go back to the 70's in the 90's
Polite request on 11:33 - Jul 29 with 4664 viewsDorse

Polite request on 10:51 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Yes Punter how could I forget rolling joints on your Vinyl Covers

also we had PM Dawn, Prodigy, Bizarre Inc , in the charts

does anyone remember Dance Energy as well with normski ?

oh and Baywatch with Pamela Anderson

Dance Energy! That was brilliant. The Ragga Twins performance is burned into my psyche. Seem to remember General Levy on there too. Prodigy's Music For The Jilted Generation still stands up as one of the best albums I have ever heard.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Polite request on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 4653 viewsToast_R

Polite request on 10:57 - Jul 29 by daveB

no smartphones either so no evidence of your nights out which is a very good thing.

I loved the 90's but it's probably an age thing, people in their 40's all wanted to go back to the 70's in the 90's

Yep it's all about the age you were at. To me my favourite time was the 1980s as a young kid where you had no worries and as an adult - probably 96 to 2004 before sh*t got real and the life style started to creep up on you.
Polite request on 11:55 - Jul 29 with 4627 viewsdavman

Polite request on 07:43 - Jul 29 by loftboy

80's were better, ATAF

The *best* decade will always be the one you 'came of age'; those born in the 70s (like me) were just starting in the 80s and so the 90s, when I had left home and had started to get a little cash were the best. The summer of 1990 of the World Cup, Paul Parker and everything was the one for me. Young enough to be healthy, full of energy with a body that didn't hurt no matter how much you abused it, old enough to have money to do the fun things that abused the body with no real commitments and responsibilities - what's not to like???

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Polite request on 12:07 - Jul 29 with 4615 viewsFredManRave

Polite request on 11:55 - Jul 29 by davman

The *best* decade will always be the one you 'came of age'; those born in the 70s (like me) were just starting in the 80s and so the 90s, when I had left home and had started to get a little cash were the best. The summer of 1990 of the World Cup, Paul Parker and everything was the one for me. Young enough to be healthy, full of energy with a body that didn't hurt no matter how much you abused it, old enough to have money to do the fun things that abused the body with no real commitments and responsibilities - what's not to like???

Not necessarily, unless of course I came of age in my 30's. The 90's were undoubtedly great for all the reasons PP mentions plus being able to afford to rent half decent places with mates, own old bangers (and sleep with a few as well!) plus Travel Fox trainers!

However my favourite was the naughties. A lot more streetwise, loads of travelling and subsequent amazing experiences and life changing events and I kind of missed the technology boom and still have so now into the tennies I live a very simple and chilled life.

Looking forward to the twenties which, according to Anti, should be roaring again!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Polite request on 13:29 - Jul 29 with 4522 viewsmarkrtid

Club Uk on a Friday night. cyclone at various venues. Great days until along came Drum n' bass and ruined it.
Polite request on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 4520 viewsPunteR

Polite request on 12:07 - Jul 29 by FredManRave

Not necessarily, unless of course I came of age in my 30's. The 90's were undoubtedly great for all the reasons PP mentions plus being able to afford to rent half decent places with mates, own old bangers (and sleep with a few as well!) plus Travel Fox trainers!

However my favourite was the naughties. A lot more streetwise, loads of travelling and subsequent amazing experiences and life changing events and I kind of missed the technology boom and still have so now into the tennies I live a very simple and chilled life.

Looking forward to the twenties which, according to Anti, should be roaring again!

Not sure where the naughtys went. It just passed me by. I still think 2004 was a couple of years ago.

I got married in 2000. Had our first child in 2001. Missus nearly kicked me out in 2002 so had to stop the going out malarkey. Had our 2nd in 2003, and third in 2008 and that was that,decade over.
The teenies are going just as quick...

I need a pause button.

Polite request on 13:39 - Jul 29 with 4503 viewsmarkrtid

Polite request on 13:29 - Jul 29 by markrtid

Club Uk on a Friday night. cyclone at various venues. Great days until along came Drum n' bass and ruined it.

Polite request on 14:29 - Jul 29 with 4446 viewsPommyhoop

The 90's made the 60's look like the 50's .Or something like that.
I just know that I was 25 in 1990. Perfect age for a perfect decade.
I f'cking loved it..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Polite request on 18:24 - Jul 29 with 4353 viewspaulparker

Sounds a bit dodgy , but a girls fm do from 1995
ahhh the memories

Polite request on 18:28 - Jul 29 with 4347 viewsMonahoop

You Know when you're getting old when you start hankering for life from a past decade. For me the 70's or at least the latter part of it.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Polite request on 18:28 - Jul 29 with 4347 viewsterryb

Are you sure your not describing the '70's?

Obviously not paid in £50 notes though!
Polite request on 18:36 - Jul 29 with 4333 viewsMonahoop

Polite request on 18:28 - Jul 29 by terryb

Are you sure your not describing the '70's?

Obviously not paid in £50 notes though!

Yeah the 1970's. Can't comment on the 70's. Haven't got there yet, but they're slowly approaching!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Polite request on 19:03 - Jul 29 with 4287 viewsLblock

1990 through to 1998 were, for me, the golden years.

Jesus I had some great times.

Always lived in Ealing and worked around West London / the West End / the City so I used to love that you could go into a boozer and it would undoubtably have someone in there you knew. Sometimes with mtes of mates you'd be a 70 strong army from a simple "couple on a Friday night"
It's one of the things that I simply cannot get my head around. Where are the 17 to 25 year olds spending their time these days? Any pub back then would have a flock o long and lank haired goons in wallabies etc mooching about. It's no wonder social skills are gone

Blimey - even the violence was better back then.

Raindance, Club UK, Bagleys, Eclipse, Energy, The Living Dream, 1st Bass, 2nd Bass, 3rd Bass, Clockwork Orange...even The GIn Palace... the list goes on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Polite request on 22:27 - Jul 29 with 4178 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Polite request on 19:03 - Jul 29 by Lblock

1990 through to 1998 were, for me, the golden years.

Jesus I had some great times.

Always lived in Ealing and worked around West London / the West End / the City so I used to love that you could go into a boozer and it would undoubtably have someone in there you knew. Sometimes with mtes of mates you'd be a 70 strong army from a simple "couple on a Friday night"
It's one of the things that I simply cannot get my head around. Where are the 17 to 25 year olds spending their time these days? Any pub back then would have a flock o long and lank haired goons in wallabies etc mooching about. It's no wonder social skills are gone

Blimey - even the violence was better back then.

Raindance, Club UK, Bagleys, Eclipse, Energy, The Living Dream, 1st Bass, 2nd Bass, 3rd Bass, Clockwork Orange...even The GIn Palace... the list goes on

Ealing, Walsingham, Coach and horses, Prince of Wales across the road. Just for starters. Back to The Red Lion greenford for the real stuff and wake up somewhere near tube station hopefully or your ringing in late on a Motorola brick with a flat battery!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024