Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) 23:51 - Aug 3 with 4912 viewskingsburyR

Please god let it not be Carlsberg in the blue and white this season.

For the record...Carlsberg stinks of socks!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:02 - Aug 4 with 2072 views1MoreBrightonR

Brewdog is fine for a quiet beer before the game and you can often get a seat but the service is awful...They act as if they are rammed and cant cope when there are 5 people at the bar and they never have extra staff on match day. It's quite funny to watch sometimes.

Was at a Hamburg game earlier in the year. Amazing stadium and they didnt have loads of choice but you could get an amazing hot dog for 5 euros and their was a handful of other stuff...including a pick and mix stand oddly enough. When i lived in America, you could get dirt cheap baseball tickets because they knew they would make so much money on the (good) food and drink inside the stadium.

If i could even get a passable hot god at the ground (actual sausage in a proper baguette), i would eat there way more. I've genuineley skipped lunch when ive been running late and not had time to eat before getting to the ground.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:16 - Aug 4 with 2053 viewsMick_S

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:02 - Aug 4 by NW10Hoop

We live in an age of some of the best beer that the UK has ever produced. A local brewery providing the beers would be brilliant. It kinda fits in with the picture that QPR are trying to paint these days too. Food could easily be improved too. There are loads of street food vendors that do some brilliant food out of a cramped little van, so there's no reason that QPR can't match that kind of quality. I'd definitely start having my pre match beers at the ground if it was better than Carlsberg and Pukka pies

Me too. A little discotheque in the corner would be nice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:27 - Aug 4 with 2033 viewsRickyDicky

We live in an age of some of the best beer that the UK has ever produced. A local brewery providing the beers would be brilliant. It kinda fits in with the picture that QPR are trying to paint these days too. Food could easily be improved too. There are loads of street food vendors that do some brilliant food out of a cramped little van, so there's no reason that QPR can't match that kind of quality. I'd definitely start having my pre match beers at the ground if it was better than Carlsberg and Pukka pies

I maybe be able to help, not local, but made by a QPR supporter of 48 years !

http://www.thefarriersarms.com/brewery/

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:33 - Aug 4 with 2021 viewsrobith

Get Weird Beard in. Brewery is just over in Hanwell and their beers are off the chart
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 12:13 - Aug 4 with 1982 viewsjohncharles

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 11:33 - Aug 4 by robith

Get Weird Beard in. Brewery is just over in Hanwell and their beers are off the chart

Amazing brewery, amazing beers. Always sold out at the Ealing beer festival

Strong and stable my arse.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 12:14 - Aug 4 with 1982 viewsBoston

Stopped buying stuff at ht a couple of years ago. All the argy batty for a crappy beer and a pie, do me a favour. Love the idea of letting the food van hipsters have some concessions, it's amazing the quality gear some of these enterprises can knock out with a hot plate and two gas rings.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 12:33 - Aug 4 with 1955 viewsDorse

Why can't they provide a nice relaxing pint of Rohypnol?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 1939 views1MoreBrightonR

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 12:14 - Aug 4 by Boston

Stopped buying stuff at ht a couple of years ago. All the argy batty for a crappy beer and a pie, do me a favour. Love the idea of letting the food van hipsters have some concessions, it's amazing the quality gear some of these enterprises can knock out with a hot plate and two gas rings.

i get why SA Road we dont get much due to complete lack of space but surely out on the concrete bit outside the Loftus road entrance and Ellerslie road stands you could get some food vans? I was at Oval the other day for the first time and they have loads...though they were insanely expensive.
Login to get fewer ads

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 13:40 - Aug 25 with 1749 viewsM40R

Did anyone notice that the Preston home game had a silver lining? In the match programme Lee Hoos promises a "much improved catering offering" including "real ale bars"! Apparently starting "over the next few matches".

I wait with bated breath...
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 15:18 - Aug 25 with 1639 viewsHunterhoop

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 13:40 - Aug 25 by M40R

Did anyone notice that the Preston home game had a silver lining? In the match programme Lee Hoos promises a "much improved catering offering" including "real ale bars"! Apparently starting "over the next few matches".

I wait with bated breath...

This man is the second coming!

Great, if true. I fully expect to see Boddingtons or some other chemically flavoured northern mass produced "ale". However, it's refreshing that Hoos and the club are properly reviewing the catering...unlike his predecessor, who, in spite of being a supposed events guru, didn't have a clue/wasn't interested.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 15:47 - Aug 25 with 1599 viewshoof_hearted

Just because football still pretends to be working class (whatever that means these days) doesn't mean we want p!ssy beer and sh!tty food for the price we pay anywhere else for the good stuff.

Mr Hoos. I for one will back your plan for decent beers by coming earlier and drinking more. No need to thank me. Oh, maybe make sure the urinals are flowing nicely before matchday.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 15:49 - Aug 25 with 1595 viewstraininvain

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 10:59 - Aug 4 by robith

Brewdog are scum and their beer is rubbs

They're arrogant scumbags.

Brewdog portray an image of being a small brewery in Scotland when in reality they now operate globally and are not much better than the big breweries they have often criticised. If anything they are worse as they only stock their own products.

Plenty of better pubs in London with a good selection of of beers these days.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 16:57 - Aug 25 with 1548 views1MoreBrightonR

I am so used to pubs in London having a really good range of beer....i was in a pub the other day that had Stella, Carling and Carsberg and nothing else and t was a bit of a bad shock.

QPR special in SA Road against Preston...12 taps, of which only 5 are working and they are all at the same end of the bar. 3.35pm and no one is pre pouring any pints. not as if its going to be busy in ten mins is it? They should be pouring a load 3/4 of the way full and the whole half time, there should be a person on the taps who just stands there and pulls pints while other people take money. its so simple.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 18:46 - Aug 25 with 1475 viewsRickyDicky

Long shot I know....but........What are they serving in the "Queens Tavern", beer I mean !?

Had a couple in the Brewdog Pub early and the "Black Heart Stout", (£5.50 mind !) was excellent. Left and went to the White Horse for some company !

Anyway... the beer is shite at HQ

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 20:08 - Aug 25 with 1423 viewsJuzzie

As said, if QPR ar about promoting 'in the community' then please support local breweries and food providers. Stop chasing the corporate £££. Carlsberg is to beer what Nike are to football kits.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 08:31 - Aug 26 with 1310 viewspaulparker

all well and good opening real ale bars but what's the point when you have to queue for 20 minutes , at the Preston game I thought I would have a beer at HT so I left my seat at 3.40 only to see the queue 20 deep already so I didn't bother , pre pour the fcuking things or have a bloke with a beer pack going round instead we got 2 fat birds walking around asking if people wanted a programme
oh and the Queens Tavern looks exactly like the springbok , and sells fosters for 4.50 a pint

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 14:32 - Oct 20 with 1011 viewsM40R

Update; Mr Hoos delivers without fanfare:

I noted that the lower Loft inner entrance area now contains a real ale bar serving Hobgoblin and an English Pale Ale! At long last. Only noticed it by accident just before kick off so not tried it yet. Any reviews welcomed.

Strange location tucked away by the family entrance. Surprised also that it has not been advertised.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 14:40 - Oct 20 with 995 viewsdaveB

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 14:32 - Oct 20 by M40R

Update; Mr Hoos delivers without fanfare:

I noted that the lower Loft inner entrance area now contains a real ale bar serving Hobgoblin and an English Pale Ale! At long last. Only noticed it by accident just before kick off so not tried it yet. Any reviews welcomed.

Strange location tucked away by the family entrance. Surprised also that it has not been advertised.

been there the last few weeks, is very good and the food van and kiosks have improved as well.
Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 14:47 - Oct 20 with 977 viewsJigsore

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 12:33 - Aug 4 by Dorse

Why can't they provide a nice relaxing pint of Rohypnol?

that's what the football is for!

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 15:39 - Oct 20 with 920 viewsMetallica_Hoop

May I add that I've been drinking this specimen this year hence and as it's getting colder is rather marvellous for those wanting a little warming as the nights draw in.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Beer in the stadium...(annual pointless thread) on 16:17 - Oct 20 with 873 views18StoneOfHoop

I've been told the much missed (serving out yet another ban)
Sir Kenneth Swindells of Portobello (AKA The Fighting Grandad) himself
enjoys a pint or 8 of Market Porter of an evening.
Lotta noxious trumping post-slurp being a little bit of a drawback.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 16:25]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024