Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympics 09:44 - Aug 4 with 18605 viewsRoller

Ignoring the pointless controversy that some sections of the media are trying to stir up over the selection of Andy Murray as the British flag bearer in the opening ceremony, tomorrow sees the official start of the Rio Olympics. I fully expect to enjoy the “festival of sport” and to thoroughly enjoy watch a whole series of sports the I would otherwise not give the time of day to. QPRSki put me onto handball before the London Olympics four years ago, it is a frenetic but very skilful sport, well worth watching if you have never done so. Outside of the usual diet of athletics, cycling, rowing etc, I’ve found myself watching bowls, yachting, even archery.

However, I will not be watching golf, tennis nor football. I firmly believe that these sports should not be included, the Olympics should only feature sports where winning the Olympic gold medal is the pinnacle of the sportsman’s or sportswoman’s career; that will never be the case with these sports.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2016 9:45]
Olympics on 19:50 - Aug 21 with 1683 viewsCamberleyR

Don't know what fight that Turkish judge was watching in Joe Joyce's match. 30-27 when the other two judges scored it 29-28, one for Joyce one for the frog?? Losing every round? Fcking bent.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Olympics on 19:54 - Aug 21 with 1679 viewsjonno

Olympics on 19:50 - Aug 21 by CamberleyR

Don't know what fight that Turkish judge was watching in Joe Joyce's match. 30-27 when the other two judges scored it 29-28, one for Joyce one for the frog?? Losing every round? Fcking bent.

I have watched a few fights during these Olympics and the judging has been ludicrous. This was just another one. Have the judges any knowledge of the sport at all?
Olympics on 20:01 - Aug 21 with 1664 viewsDWQPR

Olympics on 19:54 - Aug 21 by jonno

I have watched a few fights during these Olympics and the judging has been ludicrous. This was just another one. Have the judges any knowledge of the sport at all?

What happened to the points scoring based on punches landed as with previous Olympic boxing. The frog just stood there like a punchbag and occasionally landed a clean punch. If that was under the old scoring system he would have had to come out and fight, (or run based on his nations previous) and would have got pummelled.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Olympics on 20:17 - Aug 21 with 1645 viewsMrSheen

The fight before looked a bigger injustice. Joyce was aggressive, but the French guy was tidier. Could have been called either way. Can't see the French guy making it in the pros, had a touch of the Audleys about him.
Olympics on 20:24 - Aug 21 with 1630 viewsCamberleyR

Olympics on 20:17 - Aug 21 by MrSheen

The fight before looked a bigger injustice. Joyce was aggressive, but the French guy was tidier. Could have been called either way. Can't see the French guy making it in the pros, had a touch of the Audleys about him.

It could have been called either way, that is why two of the judges scored it 29-28 one in each of their favour. The scandalous mark is that Turkish prick who scored it 30-27, giving every round to the frog. He needs investigating for bribery IMO.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Olympics on 20:39 - Aug 21 with 1605 viewsMrSheen

Olympics on 20:24 - Aug 21 by CamberleyR

It could have been called either way, that is why two of the judges scored it 29-28 one in each of their favour. The scandalous mark is that Turkish prick who scored it 30-27, giving every round to the frog. He needs investigating for bribery IMO.

Time to protest the refereeing, Mongolian-stylee.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 20:42]
Olympics on 21:48 - Aug 21 with 1512 viewsRoller

Beating China in the medals table is a phenomenal achievement. The absence of the Russians in Rio would have had a major bearing on the final table, but you can only beat the opposition in front of you (or in QPR's case, only lose to them).

I've thoroughly enjoyed a spectacular Olympics, so much better than the Euros earlier in the summer. God bless the lottery.
Olympics on 08:06 - Aug 22 with 1414 viewseloisamaturen

Risako Kawai the Japanese wrestler is very strong lady . I love this lady athleticism . She is very quick and thats why she is always no 1
Login to get fewer ads

Olympics on 08:35 - Aug 22 with 1387 viewsDWQPR

Olympics on 21:48 - Aug 21 by Roller

Beating China in the medals table is a phenomenal achievement. The absence of the Russians in Rio would have had a major bearing on the final table, but you can only beat the opposition in front of you (or in QPR's case, only lose to them).

I've thoroughly enjoyed a spectacular Olympics, so much better than the Euros earlier in the summer. God bless the lottery.

The absence of the Russians wouldn't have had that much effect on the GB total. Fact is that if the Russian athletes were clean then many that might have otherwise medaled wouldn't have.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Olympics on 08:57 - Aug 22 with 1372 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I didn't think we'd beat the feel good vibe of 2012 but for our small sceptered isle to finish second is an incredible achievement.

Take a bow Team GB

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Olympics on 09:39 - Aug 22 with 1351 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a great achievement, and the way it's been done is just as impressive. It's not just hard work, there's intelligence there too.

A friend of mine who's a coach pointed out that on RTE once the event is over the conversation back in the studio is high-brow but boring whereas on BBC the mood was upbeat, inclusive and inspiring with links to websites where interested kids can look up the sport and hopefully sign up. He was right, and all this should help in the future.

Very impressive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olympics on 09:46 - Aug 22 with 1341 viewsMick_S

Olympics on 08:06 - Aug 22 by eloisamaturen

Risako Kawai the Japanese wrestler is very strong lady . I love this lady athleticism . She is very quick and thats why she is always no 1

Don't mess.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Olympics on 10:14 - Aug 22 with 1325 viewsHooparoo

Well done Britain. Second at the Olympics is a great performance. I hope some of our overpaid nancy boys take note.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Olympics on 12:05 - Aug 25 with 1232 viewsHooparoo

Good lord. The Media here are already running a countdown to the Tokyo Olympics.

Sigh! 😞

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Olympics on 13:42 - Aug 25 with 1208 viewstimcocking

Olympics on 10:15 - Aug 4 by Antti_Heinola

The idea that anyone cares who should hold a flag is pretty funny. Even if the glorious Jess should be doing it.
Love the Olympics though. Brilliant doc about the 2012 opening ceremony on iplayer at the moment well worth watching - Yentob hardly gets a word in, so that's particularly good. Danny Boyle is a legend.
As the OP says, i'm looking forward to a feast of sport I watch on a... squannual? quatre-annual? Fournnual? basis - table tennis, handball, swimming... Really looking forward to Velodrome action - shame the massive thighs of Chris Hoy won't be there anymore.

What i was wound up by, those utter pr!cks in the daily mail said it absolutely should have been Nicola Adams carrying the flag because she is both black and a lesbian. Can't see what the fcuk skin colour or sexual orientation should have to do with it. Should be on merit. Pretty sure it's harder to win the men's wimbledon title twice than win a gold in women's boxing.

Daily fcuking mail, what a complete joke of a paper.
Olympics on 10:54 - Aug 29 with 1099 viewseloisamaturen

Olympics on 09:46 - Aug 22 by Mick_S

Don't mess.

This celebration is the best i have seen by any wrestler. The spirit of game is not not finished in her until she gave some wrestle stunts to her coach. This lady is just amazing. Salute to her love for game. I love her name meaning too. check this out http://www.babynology.com/meaning-risako-f35.html
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024