Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympics 09:44 - Aug 4 with 18693 viewsRoller

Ignoring the pointless controversy that some sections of the media are trying to stir up over the selection of Andy Murray as the British flag bearer in the opening ceremony, tomorrow sees the official start of the Rio Olympics. I fully expect to enjoy the “festival of sport” and to thoroughly enjoy watch a whole series of sports the I would otherwise not give the time of day to. QPRSki put me onto handball before the London Olympics four years ago, it is a frenetic but very skilful sport, well worth watching if you have never done so. Outside of the usual diet of athletics, cycling, rowing etc, I’ve found myself watching bowls, yachting, even archery.

However, I will not be watching golf, tennis nor football. I firmly believe that these sports should not be included, the Olympics should only feature sports where winning the Olympic gold medal is the pinnacle of the sportsman’s or sportswoman’s career; that will never be the case with these sports.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2016 9:45]
Olympics on 00:06 - Aug 7 with 2037 viewsPunteR

I haven't watched athletics for years or swimming. I watched some of it tonight with the kids and i tell you what..it beats watching xfactor or whatever.
There's so much crap on telly with fake people on it that its actually a joy to watch someone who's genuinely dedicated their life to a sport,just for a gold medal.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Olympics on 02:03 - Aug 7 with 2008 viewsPommyhoop

Olympics on 12:48 - Aug 6 by bob566

everybody remembers Jacks and Keegan. To remember the others is a phenomenal talent Disco.

I remember Stan too. How could anyone forget him. Legend.
I remember being childishly gutted he was so sh1t, and not understanding why the Old Man
was pissing himself laughing.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Olympics on 02:33 - Aug 7 with 2005 viewsBoston

Olympics on 02:03 - Aug 7 by Pommyhoop

I remember Stan too. How could anyone forget him. Legend.
I remember being childishly gutted he was so sh1t, and not understanding why the Old Man
was pissing himself laughing.

Particularly embarrassed as, being imbued with a warped sense of humour and a big mouth, I still completely wanted Stan to piss all over the competition and totally missed the comedy genius of the anointed one. I sorta hid for a week or so after the show, then b'jesus, an older and wiser R explained the carry on and I was able to come out of hibernation.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Olympics on 02:44 - Aug 7 with 2001 viewsPommyhoop

Olympics on 02:33 - Aug 7 by Boston

Particularly embarrassed as, being imbued with a warped sense of humour and a big mouth, I still completely wanted Stan to piss all over the competition and totally missed the comedy genius of the anointed one. I sorta hid for a week or so after the show, then b'jesus, an older and wiser R explained the carry on and I was able to come out of hibernation.

Yep
Beautifully put.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Olympics on 12:32 - Aug 7 with 1945 viewsloftboy

Olympics on 15:07 - Aug 5 by Konk

I think Superstars was the forerunner to the modern Olympics.

Brian Jacks absolutely caned the squat thrusts. He was a legend in our house. When my son's old enough, I'm gonna go on youtube and show him the episode with Keegan riding a bike for the first time and stacking it on a corner, wearing nothing but a flimsy vest and tiny silk shorts. Ouch.

I was stood on the corner that Keegan fell off on, was 9 years old,the whole school bunked off to watch it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Olympics on 19:57 - Aug 7 with 1894 viewsMatch82

Oh man, that crash in the women's cycling... Ouch
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 19:58]
Olympics on 20:18 - Aug 7 with 1877 viewsQPR_Jim

Olympics on 19:57 - Aug 7 by Match82

Oh man, that crash in the women's cycling... Ouch
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 19:58]

Didn't look good, made me feel a bit sick just watching it. Hope she's OK
Olympics on 20:23 - Aug 7 with 1869 viewsHollowayRanger

looked like she landed on her head hope she's ok team mate won the gold as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Olympics on 20:28 - Aug 7 with 1863 viewsHantsR

Van vleuten conscious and on way to hospital
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 20:28]
Olympics on 23:42 - Aug 7 with 1803 viewsMatch82

Olympics on 20:28 - Aug 7 by HantsR

Van vleuten conscious and on way to hospital
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 20:28]

Good to hear, that looked bad
Olympics on 05:50 - Aug 8 with 1760 viewsRoller

It looked horrific, but according to reports she was diagnosed as having severe concussion and three small fractures in her lower back and was admitted to intensive care for 24 hours.

She may not feel like it now, but she was very lucky.
Olympics on 14:36 - Aug 8 with 1695 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just seen a horse fall horribly in the Cross-Country. The poor thing rattled into a huge timber log that it was forced towards at pace, smashed her hind legs and landed on her neck at a terrible angle and speed.

Both Irish commentators were quick to reassure viewers that the jockey was ok (as if I care) and that the horse was also ok (even though it was clearly limping and hurt). It's fuggin' barbaric. Pure filth.

Another one gone just now...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olympics on 14:52 - Aug 8 with 1670 viewsstevec

Olympics on 14:36 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Just seen a horse fall horribly in the Cross-Country. The poor thing rattled into a huge timber log that it was forced towards at pace, smashed her hind legs and landed on her neck at a terrible angle and speed.

Both Irish commentators were quick to reassure viewers that the jockey was ok (as if I care) and that the horse was also ok (even though it was clearly limping and hurt). It's fuggin' barbaric. Pure filth.

Another one gone just now...

Reminds me of that old Mel Smith sketch, where the horse digs its heels in at the water jump and ditches the rider head first in the pond with a 'serves you right, Miss Hoity Toity'.

Just had a look, those fences do look a bit solid. After seeing that poor girl in that horrifying cycling accident yesterday it appears Health & Safety weren't invited to the party.
Olympics on 15:01 - Aug 8 with 1649 viewsDorse

Olympics on 14:52 - Aug 8 by stevec

Reminds me of that old Mel Smith sketch, where the horse digs its heels in at the water jump and ditches the rider head first in the pond with a 'serves you right, Miss Hoity Toity'.

Just had a look, those fences do look a bit solid. After seeing that poor girl in that horrifying cycling accident yesterday it appears Health & Safety weren't invited to the party.

I know what you mean. I watched it last night and saw two guys poking each other with swords wearing only straight jackets and sieves over their faces. Someone is going to get hurt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Olympics on 15:02 - Aug 8 with 1644 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I saw a pic of that cyclist but didn't play the replay.

It's making me wince thinking about it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Olympics on 15:22 - Aug 8 with 1624 viewsStanisgod

Beach volleyball , ladies of course.😏

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Olympics on 18:24 - Aug 8 with 1561 viewsHollowayRanger

don't get much worse then this

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Olympics on 19:13 - Aug 8 with 1545 viewsaston_hoop

Anyone else become an overnight expert on sports like Fencing and judo? Cracking entertainment even if I don't have a clue whats going on.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Olympics on 19:15 - Aug 8 with 1541 viewsaston_hoop

I would also recommend watching the Norwegian ladies handball team! Some lovely ladies there

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Olympics on 10:14 - Aug 10 with 1450 viewsTacticalR

I see in this morning's City A.M. paper the GB team was described as 'medal-shy' (I prefer the term 'medally challenged')

Air hostess clique

Olympics on 10:44 - Aug 10 with 1434 viewsDiscodroids

I was Deeply saddened Watching the Elitist sport of Equine reportage yesterday Afternoon in the Olympics Games.Quite Frankly I was disgusted and moreover, Suicidal, that this bourgeoisie bauble is the sole plaything of Bored Aristocrats and thus not accessible to all.

Truly against the Spirit of the Games .

Imagine my relief when I heard Team GB Dressage Competitor Sir William Fox Pitt, tell Clare Balding that 'Anyone can do it' , and Then 14th in line to the Throne Pippa Funnell, confirm Sir Williams observation with 'Yah, Most Definitely, Absolutely '.

Good news For my young Client at the probation service 'Jughead ', of the East Ham Tamil Tigers when I see him Next week.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Olympics on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 1421 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone else thinking Rebecca Adlington is looking quite charming?

Or is it just me?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Olympics on 11:11 - Aug 10 with 1405 viewsDorse

Olympics on 11:02 - Aug 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Anyone else thinking Rebecca Adlington is looking quite charming?

Or is it just me?

Frankie Boyle described her as having a face like a reflection in a spoon.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Olympics on 12:00 - Aug 10 with 1376 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've just watched a replay of the BBC coverage of last night's swimming with her, some luvvy lad and what appears to be a young Mrs. Merton and I've never seen so many tears. The three of them spent the entire time, fanning tears away, OMG'ing and being sooooooooooo emotional.

God be with the days of Lynam and Wolstenholme.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olympics on 12:18 - Aug 10 with 1340 viewsMick_S

Olympics on 11:11 - Aug 10 by Dorse

Frankie Boyle described her as having a face like a reflection in a spoon.

She really, really wants to jump his bones. The bloke in the picture not F.B.

Brian - "young Mrs Merton"
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 12:19]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024