Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Chinese Takeover 11:44 - Aug 5 with 2727 viewspaulparker

See West Brom are the latest to be taken over by a Chinese consortium
is this a midlands thing now ?
Be interesting to see if Pullis keeps his job especially seeing as they pulled the plug on the Sakho deal , could be worth a cheeky tenner for him to be the next Prem manager to go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Another Chinese Takeover on 18:02 - Nov 3 with 615 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thing about China, they see, think and act differently to us and where as we think a company with a five year plan is forward thinking, China thinks in terms of centuries.

On the face of it, Chinese buying football clubs makes no sense at all. If you've ever been to a domestic game out there, there is zero interest, stands are virtually empty and the average Xing Joe, if he is arsed about football, its more likely to be a team outside of China. Admittedly it was a few years since I was there, but of all the Asian countries I've got experience of, China seemed impervious to the unfounded lure of the Premiership.

So, why? What's their plan?

Well as we know, they are buying anything and everything up. From vineyards in Bordeaux to dairys in New Zealand, they are buying up vast tracts of Latin America and Africa. Its like a game of Monopoly to them and I wouldn't be surprised if they own that too.

In fact, they can't buy enough of the world. Money laundering, undoubtedly going on, global domination, already there. They've got something in mind I be telling ya, but not sure how buying the Baggies fits into it.

Probably linked to when our pups gave their boys a bit of a kickin'. If they buy every club out there, we'll be getting a shoein every week. There it is, that's the reason, add the fookin' Chinese to the fookin list of fookin people who fookin don't like us.

Oh and the Mandarin for 'see you next Tuesday' is pronounced shabby, just in case we need it in the heat of battle.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Another Chinese Takeover on 20:35 - Nov 3 with 579 viewsdanehoop

Good post.
The Premier League is big in the far east and has a premium feel to it, given all of the stars and all of the cash it has, but that isn't the attraction.

There is a desire to improve Chinese domestic and international football standards so that China can be seen to be successful. Given a population of 1.3 billion and a such a following for european football and the EPL, there is real drive to get China on the football map (currently the national side struggles to compete with Hong Kong).

So one strategy is to buy up premier league teams (all deals are sanctioned by the state) the other is around bringing in of big name stars in their twilight years on stupid contracts to China. This last point isn't just a random thing, but part of a push to get people to follow domestic teams rather than foreign alternatives.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 20:36]

Never knowingly understood

Another Chinese Takeover on 22:25 - Nov 3 with 540 viewsingeminate

Another Chinese Takeover on 18:02 - Nov 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Thing about China, they see, think and act differently to us and where as we think a company with a five year plan is forward thinking, China thinks in terms of centuries.

On the face of it, Chinese buying football clubs makes no sense at all. If you've ever been to a domestic game out there, there is zero interest, stands are virtually empty and the average Xing Joe, if he is arsed about football, its more likely to be a team outside of China. Admittedly it was a few years since I was there, but of all the Asian countries I've got experience of, China seemed impervious to the unfounded lure of the Premiership.

So, why? What's their plan?

Well as we know, they are buying anything and everything up. From vineyards in Bordeaux to dairys in New Zealand, they are buying up vast tracts of Latin America and Africa. Its like a game of Monopoly to them and I wouldn't be surprised if they own that too.

In fact, they can't buy enough of the world. Money laundering, undoubtedly going on, global domination, already there. They've got something in mind I be telling ya, but not sure how buying the Baggies fits into it.

Probably linked to when our pups gave their boys a bit of a kickin'. If they buy every club out there, we'll be getting a shoein every week. There it is, that's the reason, add the fookin' Chinese to the fookin list of fookin people who fookin don't like us.

Oh and the Mandarin for 'see you next Tuesday' is pronounced shabby, just in case we need it in the heat of battle.

Bang on.

Interesting movement in staple food supply too as Cofco have taken over Noble and Nidera.

Determined to be completely self sufficient and as you say routinely pay over the odds in the short term to secure strategic investment for the long term.

Intriguing to see how it unfolds.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Another Chinese Takeover on 22:36 - Nov 3 with 536 viewsCiderwithRsie

The theory of a Brum fan I know is that the buying up of all the West Midlands clubs by the Chinese is linked to HS2, which will (he reckons) be largely built by the Chinese. Presumably they think Birmingham will get a boost and the clubs will rise on the back of that.

Alternatively they are going to put a bloody great railway line straight through the middle of Villa Park, The Hawthorns and St Andrews.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024