Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Admin 17:51 - Aug 10 with 6371 viewsStormin

Hi Admin Leicester Fan in Peace here .I am looking to sell a signed Boxed QPR Shirt that was donated by the club to raise money for a childrens Charity .The chosen charities are Wishes 4 Kids and Rainbows Childrens Hospice .If any members on here are interested please let me know It was donated by QPR in April this year and is signed by the squad and also Les Ferdinand All the money raised will be shared between the 2 charities Thanks Stormin
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 17:52]
Admin on 21:55 - Aug 10 with 4416 viewsDylanP

Interested! Are you auctioning? How do I bid?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Admin on 22:28 - Aug 10 with 4365 viewsStormin

Admin on 21:55 - Aug 10 by DylanP

Interested! Are you auctioning? How do I bid?

Ive not decide yet just putting out feeler to see who is interested I dont have a letter of Authenticity but have photos off the Club Shop Manager presenting it ALL money will go to charity so I would like as much as possible
Admin on 22:53 - Aug 10 with 4281 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 22:28 - Aug 10 by Stormin

Ive not decide yet just putting out feeler to see who is interested I dont have a letter of Authenticity but have photos off the Club Shop Manager presenting it ALL money will go to charity so I would like as much as possible

Maybe a raffle would raise as much as any other way.If the tickets were cheap enough it would generate a fair bit of interest.The only downside is that hassle of arranging it all.
Or a secret auction,but you'd only get the one pile of money for that idea.
Admin on 23:01 - Aug 10 with 4252 viewsStormin

Admin on 22:53 - Aug 10 by stowmarketrange

Maybe a raffle would raise as much as any other way.If the tickets were cheap enough it would generate a fair bit of interest.The only downside is that hassle of arranging it all.
Or a secret auction,but you'd only get the one pile of money for that idea.

Yes a raffle is another way as most people can spare a few quid more input from you guys can help me decide the best way to do this Thanks
Admin on 09:55 - Aug 11 with 4022 viewsJacksDad

Admin on 23:01 - Aug 10 by Stormin

Yes a raffle is another way as most people can spare a few quid more input from you guys can help me decide the best way to do this Thanks

My wife raises money for the Special School my son attends and last year we were given a signed Norwich City shirt - we put it up for secret auction but were disappointed. We would definitely go for a raffle next time.

PS its amazing how low some of the bids were I know it were only Narrrrrwidge but £5.00?!!!
Admin on 09:58 - Aug 11 with 4019 viewsDorse

Admin on 09:55 - Aug 11 by JacksDad

My wife raises money for the Special School my son attends and last year we were given a signed Norwich City shirt - we put it up for secret auction but were disappointed. We would definitely go for a raffle next time.

PS its amazing how low some of the bids were I know it were only Narrrrrwidge but £5.00?!!!

Probably because they were counting on their fingers.

No, wait, that's six. Sorry.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Admin on 14:40 - Aug 11 with 3821 viewsstowmarketrange

Is it possible to see a picture of the shirt as proof?I don't mind buying a book of raffle tickets and selling them on match days around the pubs around the area on match days.
I think you'd sell at least 500 at possibly £2 a ticket.That would raise at least £1000.Maybe more if there was enough interest.
Admin on 17:07 - Aug 11 with 3690 viewsBoston

Or just send your money in unmarked notes to an address in Nigeria.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Admin on 17:33 - Aug 11 with 3655 viewsStormin

Admin on 14:40 - Aug 11 by stowmarketrange

Is it possible to see a picture of the shirt as proof?I don't mind buying a book of raffle tickets and selling them on match days around the pubs around the area on match days.
I think you'd sell at least 500 at possibly £2 a ticket.That would raise at least £1000.Maybe more if there was enough interest.

Hi Yes I have pictures of this shirt including one of it being presented by the manager of your club shop I dont know how to post photo's on here but if anyone does and message me the mobile number I can send you the photos .If you have Facebook join The Beautiful Game and you can see them on there .Another option would be we could sell 59 numbers for £5 or £10 a number when all are sold we could use the next National Lottery Bonus Ball to decide the winner ?? £10 each would make the Charities £590 and id stick my own £10 in to round it up without having a chance of winning so £300 each and I will pay postage ?
Admin on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 3632 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 17:33 - Aug 11 by Stormin

Hi Yes I have pictures of this shirt including one of it being presented by the manager of your club shop I dont know how to post photo's on here but if anyone does and message me the mobile number I can send you the photos .If you have Facebook join The Beautiful Game and you can see them on there .Another option would be we could sell 59 numbers for £5 or £10 a number when all are sold we could use the next National Lottery Bonus Ball to decide the winner ?? £10 each would make the Charities £590 and id stick my own £10 in to round it up without having a chance of winning so £300 each and I will pay postage ?

Whichever way you suggest mate.I think we could easily shift 500 tickets rather than try to get qpr fans to part with a tenner each.I'll send you me mobile number via a private message and I normally go oop north quite often in my truck,so it wouldn't be a problem meeting up somewhere.
Admin on 16:20 - Aug 12 with 3356 viewsStormin

Admin on 17:56 - Aug 11 by stowmarketrange

Whichever way you suggest mate.I think we could easily shift 500 tickets rather than try to get qpr fans to part with a tenner each.I'll send you me mobile number via a private message and I normally go oop north quite often in my truck,so it wouldn't be a problem meeting up somewhere.

I think I would like to go with your Raffle idea If you can help it would be very much appreciated Let me know and we can start the ball rolling as soon as you like
Thanks Norm Good Luck Tomorrow against the Welsh
Admin on 17:05 - Aug 12 with 3324 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 16:20 - Aug 12 by Stormin

I think I would like to go with your Raffle idea If you can help it would be very much appreciated Let me know and we can start the ball rolling as soon as you like
Thanks Norm Good Luck Tomorrow against the Welsh

Ok mate.It's your shirt,so it's your choice.I'll write to your chosen charities and hopefully get a letter of authority from them in order to raise funds via a raffle.I'll upload the pictures you sent me yesterday,and I'll also get our club involved with maybe a couple of consolation prizes.They should have loads of last year's kit with the name Traore on it that has never been worn that they want rid of.
I will update you when we're ready to start selling,and thanks mate.Hopefully we will raise a stack of cash for the charities,and some lucky bugger will win a signed shirt for a couple of pounds.
Admin on 18:02 - Aug 12 with 3291 viewsStormin

Admin on 17:05 - Aug 12 by stowmarketrange

Ok mate.It's your shirt,so it's your choice.I'll write to your chosen charities and hopefully get a letter of authority from them in order to raise funds via a raffle.I'll upload the pictures you sent me yesterday,and I'll also get our club involved with maybe a couple of consolation prizes.They should have loads of last year's kit with the name Traore on it that has never been worn that they want rid of.
I will update you when we're ready to start selling,and thanks mate.Hopefully we will raise a stack of cash for the charities,and some lucky bugger will win a signed shirt for a couple of pounds.

Thanks For your Support and Help http://www.wishes4kids.co.uk/ Will varify I have been raising money for them for 9 years and https://www.rainbows.co.uk/ will confirm ive been helping them about 15 years .
Admin on 14:22 - Aug 13 with 3201 viewsstowmarketrange

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilGoodenough/status/764451315703570433
Here are the pictures of the signed shirt that I'm planning to raffle.Thanks.
Admin on 05:37 - Aug 18 with 3078 viewsstowmarketrange

I met up with Stormin tonight and collected the signed shirt from him,so I plan to start selling raffle tickets for it on Saturday for the Preston game and hopefully continue until the Brentford home game on October 28th.
The tickets are priced at £2 each,and at the moment there are 3 prizes.The signed shirt has been donated by Stormin and I've donated a brand new boxed barbecue,and another prize, which I haven't decided on yet.
I will wearing my really old Dennis the menance kit,with the really old badge,and I'll be mooching around outside the ground before and after the next few home games,so feel free to stop me and buy some.

All money collected will be split between his 2 favourite children's charities,Rainbow Hospice for children and young people,and Wishes4kids.

I have e-mailed the club with a request to hold the draw on the pitch at HT during the Brentford match,but failing that,my Nephew is friends with a former player,and he might be able to persuade him to draw the lucky winning tickets in a local pub on the night.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support.
Admin on 12:54 - Aug 18 with 2945 viewsBrightonhoop

Admin on 05:37 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

I met up with Stormin tonight and collected the signed shirt from him,so I plan to start selling raffle tickets for it on Saturday for the Preston game and hopefully continue until the Brentford home game on October 28th.
The tickets are priced at £2 each,and at the moment there are 3 prizes.The signed shirt has been donated by Stormin and I've donated a brand new boxed barbecue,and another prize, which I haven't decided on yet.
I will wearing my really old Dennis the menance kit,with the really old badge,and I'll be mooching around outside the ground before and after the next few home games,so feel free to stop me and buy some.

All money collected will be split between his 2 favourite children's charities,Rainbow Hospice for children and young people,and Wishes4kids.

I have e-mailed the club with a request to hold the draw on the pitch at HT during the Brentford match,but failing that,my Nephew is friends with a former player,and he might be able to persuade him to draw the lucky winning tickets in a local pub on the night.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support.

Ok, well done. For those of us elsewhere unlikely to get the ground in the weeks ahead, can we buy online via Paypal for example? Cheers.
Admin on 14:41 - Aug 18 with 2893 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 12:54 - Aug 18 by Brightonhoop

Ok, well done. For those of us elsewhere unlikely to get the ground in the weeks ahead, can we buy online via Paypal for example? Cheers.

The short answer is that I don't know.In the past I've set up a justgiving page so that the money goes directly to the charity concerned,but I'm not sure whether they do donations of £2 effectively.
I find paypal to be a bit of a rip off as they seem to charge to withdraw money to pay somebody else.I would be open to suggestions as to which way to go in order to sell the tickets online.
Admin on 14:52 - Aug 18 with 2887 viewsBrightonhoop

Best way I guess would be to use a personal paypal account and people pay on a basis of giving to family/friends so there are no charges going in, and then withdraw to your account allocating tickets of five if some pays £10 for example. There's no cost in transferring a paypal balance to your bank account.
Admin on 14:58 - Aug 18 with 2880 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 14:52 - Aug 18 by Brightonhoop

Best way I guess would be to use a personal paypal account and people pay on a basis of giving to family/friends so there are no charges going in, and then withdraw to your account allocating tickets of five if some pays £10 for example. There's no cost in transferring a paypal balance to your bank account.

Thanks for the info.I do have a personal paypal account,but they always seem to charge me if I sell my season ticket via Twickets,so I don't use it very often.
We have 2 months to sort things out,so even a dinosaur like me can sort something out before then.Cheers.
Admin on 16:32 - Aug 18 with 2842 viewstinhead

I don't know about legallity etc but why not set it up as a justgiving page for both charities?

Potentially then, each donation becomes a virtual raffle ticket?

You might even be able to claim gift aid
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 16:33]

Puny God!

Admin on 16:52 - Aug 18 with 2832 viewsStormin

Admin on 14:58 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

Thanks for the info.I do have a personal paypal account,but they always seem to charge me if I sell my season ticket via Twickets,so I don't use it very often.
We have 2 months to sort things out,so even a dinosaur like me can sort something out before then.Cheers.

Ive used my paypal for a few people buying tickets for my raffle providing paypal dont find out its quite easy just do it through family and friends but you dont want to be messing with 2 quiders maybe a minimum of £10 if through Paypal ? .Dont mind doing it through mine and I can let phil know by phone text and he can put name on tickets and add them to the draw .But only if Phil Agrees ?
Admin on 17:05 - Aug 18 with 2824 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 16:52 - Aug 18 by Stormin

Ive used my paypal for a few people buying tickets for my raffle providing paypal dont find out its quite easy just do it through family and friends but you dont want to be messing with 2 quiders maybe a minimum of £10 if through Paypal ? .Dont mind doing it through mine and I can let phil know by phone text and he can put name on tickets and add them to the draw .But only if Phil Agrees ?

It was good to meet you last night mate.Hope it wasn't too late for you day people?
I think it might be better to go for the justgiving option and just send the online ticket money to one charity and then deduct that from the total that would be equal otherwise.
Admin on 20:15 - Aug 18 with 2761 viewsstowmarketrange

It's all set up now.The web address is www.justgiving.com/QPRshirt.
If you leave your name when you donate I will write it on the back of each ticket you buy.
All the money goes directly to the charity concerned.
Thanks.
Admin on 21:57 - Aug 18 with 2714 viewsbosh67

Great - I will do that tomorrow. Just got it up. Really good cause. Is there a way to give a smaller amount just to give. Like anything from £1 - £5 just because people want to help. That would be effective too because it's not really about winning something, although someone will, it is more about helping kids have a better life.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Admin on 22:01 - Aug 18 with 2710 viewsstowmarketrange

Admin on 21:57 - Aug 18 by bosh67

Great - I will do that tomorrow. Just got it up. Really good cause. Is there a way to give a smaller amount just to give. Like anything from £1 - £5 just because people want to help. That would be effective too because it's not really about winning something, although someone will, it is more about helping kids have a better life.

I think you can add your own amount at whatever level you like above a pound.I will check that tomorrow though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024