Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From Villa messgeboard 13:37 - Aug 11 with 8081 viewsPinnerPaul

and I thought there were plenty of ott drama queens on HERE!

Outclassed by a league 2 team, if anyone was unsure we are definitely finished as a football club. One last chance at the weekend, if we don't win the game or at least put in a decent performance then you can stick a fork in us because we are done.
From Villa messgeboard on 13:40 - Aug 11 with 5169 viewsrrrspricey

A bit OTT I agree but could you imagine what it'd be like on here if we hadn't won a game since Feb?

Long may it continue, I've got a couple of Villa mates...it hilarious
From Villa messgeboard on 13:42 - Aug 11 with 5157 viewsMytch_QPR

I wonder what Tony Xiu makes of it all after referring to Oliie as a 'f***ed pundit'...

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rotherham get a win on Saturday.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

From Villa messgeboard on 13:51 - Aug 11 with 5101 viewsTacticalR

Saw the highlights and Luton were peppering the Villa goal with shots.

I noticed Micah Richards is still on the loose in their back four - why on earth didn't he stay on holiday in Florence?

Air hostess clique

From Villa messgeboard on 14:18 - Aug 11 with 4970 viewsLongsufferingR

Luton's third goal is an absolute gem. Had to watch it a few times to believe it.
From Villa messgeboard on 14:37 - Aug 11 with 4896 viewsLblock

Still time to turn this around obviously but I was in agreement with Tony "Gayley" Gale on Sky last night.
He was arguing with Joelyn Lescott and Gabby Ababababalongyouwhore's best mate Matt that Villa's squad is bereft and in the habit of being, quite frankly, sh1t. Matt was insinuating that Matteo was the issue as he's ostracized these senior "quality" players. Nah. They are carrion.

As Warnock would say -- I'm lovin it me -- coz I am. I've never warmed to them as a club and since that 3-2 game two seasons back with Capt Bellend in their dugout I simply detest them.
May a pox be upon them.

Side note - Tony "Gayley" Gayle. Nice fella. Bumped into him just before he went into the studio the other day and a more down to earth fella you couldn't hope to meet.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

From Villa messgeboard on 14:43 - Aug 11 with 4870 viewsToast_R

I think they've gone with the wrong type of manger there, what they needed was someone to go in there, look to clear the rot and consolidate before mounting a push next season. That club has a losing mentality heavily ingrained at the moment and there is only one way they can put a stop to it...

When do they play QPR again?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 14:46]
From Villa messgeboard on 15:12 - Aug 11 with 4769 viewsPinnerPaul

From Villa messgeboard on 13:40 - Aug 11 by rrrspricey

A bit OTT I agree but could you imagine what it'd be like on here if we hadn't won a game since Feb?

Long may it continue, I've got a couple of Villa mates...it hilarious

True - they haven't won an away game for over a year!

I'm on Rotherham at 9/2 thats for sure.
From Villa messgeboard on 15:21 - Aug 11 with 4732 viewsstowmarketrange

From Villa messgeboard on 14:37 - Aug 11 by Lblock

Still time to turn this around obviously but I was in agreement with Tony "Gayley" Gale on Sky last night.
He was arguing with Joelyn Lescott and Gabby Ababababalongyouwhore's best mate Matt that Villa's squad is bereft and in the habit of being, quite frankly, sh1t. Matt was insinuating that Matteo was the issue as he's ostracized these senior "quality" players. Nah. They are carrion.

As Warnock would say -- I'm lovin it me -- coz I am. I've never warmed to them as a club and since that 3-2 game two seasons back with Capt Bellend in their dugout I simply detest them.
May a pox be upon them.

Side note - Tony "Gayley" Gayle. Nice fella. Bumped into him just before he went into the studio the other day and a more down to earth fella you couldn't hope to meet.

I detest them even more for the gloating fans outside after that 3-2 game.
Fair enough that they'd won a game they deserved to lose,but some of them went way ott.
A second successive relegation would be nice.
Login to get fewer ads

From Villa messgeboard on 15:38 - Aug 11 with 4657 viewsPinnerPaul

From Villa messgeboard on 15:21 - Aug 11 by stowmarketrange

I detest them even more for the gloating fans outside after that 3-2 game.
Fair enough that they'd won a game they deserved to lose,but some of them went way ott.
A second successive relegation would be nice.

Indeed , screaming "eff off back to London" wasn't very sporting, one of my rare away trips and not a very pleasant one, although to be fair stewards Mrs PP and me came across were very nice.
From Villa messgeboard on 16:05 - Aug 11 with 4548 viewsNorthernr

This is stepping it up a notch from that time our first match of the season (out of 38) was declared a "must win game". Explicitly stating that the club will cease to exist altogether if it fails to beat Rotherham this weekend.
From Villa messgeboard on 16:12 - Aug 11 with 4520 viewsBrianMcCarthy

From Villa messgeboard on 16:05 - Aug 11 by Northernr

This is stepping it up a notch from that time our first match of the season (out of 38) was declared a "must win game". Explicitly stating that the club will cease to exist altogether if it fails to beat Rotherham this weekend.

Lose to Roterham and your club goes out of existence?

I don't like these new League rules.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

From Villa messgeboard on 16:25 - Aug 11 with 4448 viewsWatford_Ranger

They're about to throw £10m at West Brom for James Chester. Guaranteed glory ahead.
From Villa messgeboard on 16:26 - Aug 11 with 4446 viewsNorthernr

From Villa messgeboard on 16:25 - Aug 11 by Watford_Ranger

They're about to throw £10m at West Brom for James Chester. Guaranteed glory ahead.

Overpriced at £8m a year ago since when he's done nothing but sit on the bench for West Brom = £2m increase.
From Villa messgeboard on 16:29 - Aug 11 with 4430 viewsWatford_Ranger

From Villa messgeboard on 16:26 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Overpriced at £8m a year ago since when he's done nothing but sit on the bench for West Brom = £2m increase.

Yeah but he had a good Euros so Real should be interested.
From Villa messgeboard on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 4409 viewsMytch_QPR

From Villa messgeboard on 16:29 - Aug 11 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah but he had a good Euros so Real should be interested.

Off the main topic but reminded by the Euros, did Robson-Kanu get a contract somewhere in the end?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

From Villa messgeboard on 16:39 - Aug 11 with 4371 viewsWatford_Ranger

From Villa messgeboard on 16:32 - Aug 11 by Mytch_QPR

Off the main topic but reminded by the Euros, did Robson-Kanu get a contract somewhere in the end?

Not yet. Bruce wanted him at Hull and everyone else seems to have realised he's a Championship winger. Apparently turned down big money from China to try and get a Prem club which is admirable but probably foolish.
From Villa messgeboard on 17:12 - Aug 11 with 4237 viewsTacticalR

Some people say that the fun has gone out of football, but surely watching other people's meltdowns is one of the finest spectator sports in this country?

Air hostess clique

From Villa messgeboard on 18:09 - Aug 11 with 4083 viewslondonscottish

From Villa messgeboard on 17:12 - Aug 11 by TacticalR

Some people say that the fun has gone out of football, but surely watching other people's meltdowns is one of the finest spectator sports in this country?

They are very much fu88d and it's going to be fun watching this season.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

From Villa messgeboard on 18:13 - Aug 11 with 4060 viewsterryb

From Villa messgeboard on 14:43 - Aug 11 by Toast_R

I think they've gone with the wrong type of manger there, what they needed was someone to go in there, look to clear the rot and consolidate before mounting a push next season. That club has a losing mentality heavily ingrained at the moment and there is only one way they can put a stop to it...

When do they play QPR again?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 14:46]

They look to me to be copying Queens Park Rangers !

They look to be signing the same sort of players we did under Redknapp & these will be at prices & wages that are excessive. Thank God, we have lerarned our lessons.

Let's hope Villa continue in this vein!
From Villa messgeboard on 18:51 - Aug 11 with 3952 viewsMedwayR

Their chairman seems to love making a fool of himself on Twitter more than ours, which is an achievement in itself, and there are doubts over his wealth. They haven't had a much needed clear-out & their squad lacks experience of the championship. Di Matteo probably isn't the right man for the job. Their fans will expect promotion.

I reckon they're in for a big shock this season, I certainly hope they are.

I think McCormack & Chester are both good signing but both overpriced. Having said that if Tomkins & Dunk are worth £10m then Chester is probably worth nearer £15m!!

Poll: Who’s better?

From Villa messgeboard on 19:32 - Aug 11 with 3838 viewsLblock

From Villa messgeboard on 16:05 - Aug 11 by Northernr

I think I said "must not lose" on that one.

Returning to the Claret Schlags, I hear signing McCormack has "guaranteed goals at this level". This is certainly true; but it was true for Foolham and Lids but both struggled at the wrong end.
It is clear you need to build a solid outfit and hope for a sprinkle of magics here and there.
We proved that with Adel, Burnley did with Ings and again last season with Boyd etc

I think Villa's only hope is Grealish but I don't see him having the minerals for it and if he does shine his agent will have him back in the Prem in January.
By that I'm talking promotion as I don't see them free falling but if they did I'd love it, love it I'm telling ya!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

From Villa messgeboard on 19:39 - Aug 11 with 3817 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Got a feeling that they may just drop down again this year. And thats not based on thier start this year but that they are a club that have been in freefall for the last 5/6 years.
From Villa messgeboard on 20:31 - Aug 11 with 3656 viewsjohncharles

From Villa messgeboard on 16:25 - Aug 11 by Watford_Ranger

Impressed for Wales at the Euro's, a real team player, would love to see him at Loftus Road but FFS, 8 million ????? 1.5 maybe . The world's crazy.

Strong and stable my arse.

From Villa messgeboard on 20:54 - Aug 11 with 3594 viewsrsonist

One of my least favourite fanbases. Loud, pretentious, whingeing, and don't know what day it is half the time. I had a look at Villatalk during the summer for some reason and I'm not joking, two blokes on there were having a row about whether they should sign Robson-Kanu or buy back Benteke.

Guarantee you that none of them will learn anything about the other clubs and players at this level during the hopefully extended time they're stuck here.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 20:55]
From Villa messgeboard on 10:11 - Aug 12 with 3200 viewsPinnerPaul

From Villa messgeboard on 16:26 - Aug 11 by Northernr

and no doubt, despite dropping a league, he will want an increase on what he is on now, and like us and others, they will agree to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024