Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clock is ticking for JFH 21:46 - Aug 20 with 21137 viewsRangers67

That is the second of the three strikes I am prepared to give you sunshine. That was up there amongst the top 3 worst performances I have witnessed from an R,s team. I personally see absolutely no improvement in the team since this bloke took over from the previous clown, so Jimmy get it sorted soon mate or you will be out. No tactics, no idea what to do from set pieces and Jimmy doing a more than passable impression of his predecessor by standing on the sideline staring into space. If most of the crowd could see after 5 mins that we weren't,t at the races yet he stood there and did nothing , what does that say about the chosen one.
Embarrassing
The clock is ticking for JFH on 09:08 - Aug 22 with 2614 viewsaston_hoop

We look excellent for 2 games - its the Warnock team, its the promotion season all over again. Luongo is the re-incarnation of Ali Faurlin, Karl Henry has become our answer to Kante, Polter is the best German striker since Jurgen Klinsmann.

We look poor for 2 games - Its the worst thing since forever, we are going down. Give us Kenny Jackett's number, give us Warnock's number. Henry is the worst player we have ever seen, Smithies is the re-incarnation of Generoso Rossi and JFH is the new Paul Hart

It will be a long season thats for sure. But we'll be fine and we'll finish where a lot of people predicted and thats mid-table. With the introduction of a few younger players and a clearly defined style.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 09:46 - Aug 22 with 2582 viewsMaggsinho

I'm starting my Jackett Out 2017 campaign right now.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:27 - Aug 22 with 2540 viewsNorthernr

"sunshine"
The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:43 - Aug 22 with 2497 viewsPinnerPaul

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:58 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

3 worst performances?
Liverpool Dec 2012
Preston 2000
Wimbledon 2001

Just off the top of my head

Vauxhall Motor? s and for older viewers L Cup semi final replay v Villa at Arsenal 0-3 I think.

Plus League Cup final v Oxford, Fulham away + any number of PL defeats from THOSE two seasons - there's loads and loads, I wouldn't put Saturday even in the top 20!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:45 - Aug 22 with 2492 viewsMaggsinho

The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:43 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Vauxhall Motor? s and for older viewers L Cup semi final replay v Villa at Arsenal 0-3 I think.

Plus League Cup final v Oxford, Fulham away + any number of PL defeats from THOSE two seasons - there's loads and loads, I wouldn't put Saturday even in the top 20!

Tranmere at home in 99ish. A game so dull, the ball went out of play, bounced back into play off the Ellerslie Road stand and everyone played on to so reaction to anyone such was the stupified atmosphere that day.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:01 - Aug 22 with 2450 viewsfrancisbowles

The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:43 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Plymouth at home League Cup 1973'ish lost 3.0!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:01 - Aug 22 with 2450 viewsDorse

The clock is ticking for JFH on 09:46 - Aug 22 by Maggsinho

I'm starting my Jackett Out 2017 campaign right now.

May I suggest this as a campaign slogan?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:02 - Aug 22 with 2446 viewswhittocksRs

We've all known JFH isn't going to get much of a chance due to the Chelsea links. Here's a good example.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:05 - Aug 22 with 2438 viewsDorse

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:02 - Aug 22 by whittocksRs

We've all known JFH isn't going to get much of a chance due to the Chelsea links. Here's a good example.

You just had to bring that up, didn't you. Why I oughta...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 11:06]

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 2430 viewsfrancisbowles

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:17 - Aug 21 by Rangers67

Sorry for having a different view to your obviously correct one, I was under the impression this was a forum ! Anyway my opinion is worth no more than yesterday's news to JFH and that is how it should be. But when I go to watch my team play I like to see a bit of football not the pony that was served up yesterday and numerous times in the past. Fulham at home last season was his first strike. How you can play lump ball all afternoon towards a centre half who is six foot nine or there about a and expect to get results is beyond me but maybe you guys like watching that !
Yesterday time after time we launched it long to Polter with not one of our players within ten yards of him, not only is that stone age football it doesn't,t work ! We were playing the team bottom of the league at home for gods sake not Barcelona. This is obviously Jimmy,s tactics, one man up front against not very good teams, that might be a good idea away from home but he is limiting our chances severely by doing this at home because as soon as the opposition know this they grow in confidence. The worst bit is he stands on the side line watching this and does nothing about it. After half time I expected the players to come out and give it a go with maybe different tactics to the dire ones that had failed in the first half but no same old same old and what did we get ? What we deserved ! I appreciate he hasn't,t had years in the job but the early signs for me aren,t great. I do hope I am wrong as like everyone else on here I want the R,s to be successful but not at the expense of hoofball . By the way credit to Preston and there tactically astute manager.

Now your getting the hang of it, a much better post! A well reasoned list of critical observations including crediting the opposition.

Btw, no need to apologise to me and I never said you weren't entitled to an opinion, just pleaded for a little less emotion and a bit more thought before you start a thread.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:13 - Aug 22 with 2407 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Has he been sacked yet?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:22 - Aug 22 with 2387 viewsfrancisbowles

The clock is ticking for JFH on 08:46 - Aug 22 by paulparker

I Like JFH I think he needs time as I feel we are still very short of quality in the squad
I know what we are trying to do as a club and some days it will work others it wont
but Saturday was truly dreadful against a club that hadn't won a game

he OP does have a point he pays his money and is entitled to an opinion
JFH has to take the lions share of the blame for Saturday , if the players were tired and im looking at Polter & Chery who looked shot then why not try something else
play el khayite or Washington , mix it up and play a 4-4-2 diamond , play Yeni as a striker anything other than the long ball dross we got
I think we have to accept with JFH that we wont get free flowing football there will be days (probably a lot) that will be boring but we may end up squeaking a 1 nil win to cover it , I was having a chat to a fella next to me who was slating jimmy and I compared him to Jim Smith in that some people like him and others don't

Hopefully LF was there on sat because I still think we still need 4 players to even finish midtable if we don't get a proper RB, 2 wingers and possibly a creative midfielder then its gonna be a long hard winter

Good post PP, I agree with most of it and he needs to change more than just bringing back Hall for the Wigan game.

Not sure we need four players though, I would have thought a big back up striker is the priority. We may get away with Ned at rb he has played well there so far this season and does add pace to the team. If we could sell Perch, for decent money, then we will need cover.

I think that we already have one of the wingers in Yenni and we do have Shodipo, El Khayati and Petrasso as options. A left footed winger would be good though. As for creative central midfield we have Cousins, the Polish lad, Luongo and Henry as options as well as Cherry and El Khayati as back up for no 10, so not sure where an addition would fit in.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 2383 viewsRangers67

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:07 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

Now your getting the hang of it, a much better post! A well reasoned list of critical observations including crediting the opposition.

Btw, no need to apologise to me and I never said you weren't entitled to an opinion, just pleaded for a little less emotion and a bit more thought before you start a thread.

Thanks for your approval, just let me know where to send any of my future posts for your approval before I put them on and we will all be fine. My problem you see , is I don,t just sit there when I see things going wrong, I tend to do or say something about it, I won,t just tow the party line so to speak unlike some.....sorry about that.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:29 - Aug 22 with 2374 viewsPinnerPaul

Presume we still don't want Austin though
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 2345 viewsLongsufferingR

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:13 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Has he been sacked yet?

Who? Jackett?
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:40 - Aug 22 with 2170 viewssimmo

I didn't make the Barnsley or Preston game, so won't comment on that, but some good comments from Polter this morning, you always have to take soundbites through the offish with a pinch of salt but at least they are acknowledging how poor they were and are angry about it. I think this group is a pretty honest bunch so I don't think it's a lack of desire.

I personally think JFH is struggling to implement his training/way of playing in such a demanding fixture list with such a small squad. He says we need another forward and winger, which I can see, but I reckon he probably wants more as the medical team can only do so much with recovery. If we get to the intl break with similar issues, I think we may push the boat out a little more to appease him - we will probably find a few more options open up too, especially from the PL.

That being said, we will have the Polish lad back, plus Lynch and Gladwin to return, so that gives us some depth to use. I'd still like to see Washington on the left as it's the one position we can't seem to make work. Yeni, Shodipo, Gladwin, El Karate have all played there now and none seem to have done enough to make it their own. I'd prefer to see Yeni right and Cousins back in the middle.

Overall I am not panicking and with 42 games left, nobody else should be either. I thought we had a better defence than last season, with a slightly worse attack - 8th-10th. I still think that and so far we're ahead of my prediction!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 2152 viewsjohncharles

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:01 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

Had a couple of real stinkers against the Fakes recently

Strong and stable my arse.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 2154 viewspaulparker

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:22 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

Good post PP, I agree with most of it and he needs to change more than just bringing back Hall for the Wigan game.

Not sure we need four players though, I would have thought a big back up striker is the priority. We may get away with Ned at rb he has played well there so far this season and does add pace to the team. If we could sell Perch, for decent money, then we will need cover.

I think that we already have one of the wingers in Yenni and we do have Shodipo, El Khayati and Petrasso as options. A left footed winger would be good though. As for creative central midfield we have Cousins, the Polish lad, Luongo and Henry as options as well as Cherry and El Khayati as back up for no 10, so not sure where an addition would fit in.

Cousins, Luango & Henry are battlers what we are missing is a player who can get his foot on the ball look up and spot a pass , a player who can think quickly and get the play moving , maybe this polish lad can do that who knows,
it was the sort of game that we could have done with Faurlin
as for Yeni im not convinced that he is a winger , he didn't seem to have the natural instincts of getting the ball and taking on his man , he didn't seem (to me) to know where he should be , looking at him I think he would be better as a striker or possibly a number "10" I think we need completion for Chery because he to me was going through the motions , it was his silly attempt of a cruyff turn that got us in trouble for the second goal

as for getting away with Ned at RB I really hope we don't , I see nothing in him , I cant understand how he is captain either, looking at Saturday I really hope we get a RB in pronto because if we are to play with width then we need fullbacks or help and support when we are on the attack neither fullbacks did that it was back to the bad old days of last year in that respect

we have a decent 13 but give or take injuries , loss of form and suspensions then we don't have the back up to cover , this could be a long old season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:52 - Aug 22 with 2134 viewsHooped_Pullie

The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:45 - Aug 22 by Maggsinho

Tranmere at home in 99ish. A game so dull, the ball went out of play, bounced back into play off the Ellerslie Road stand and everyone played on to so reaction to anyone such was the stupified atmosphere that day.

I well remember that game, watched from my ST seat in Block V, Ellerslie. Jesus, it was dull.

Surprised no-one's nominated the 2015 FA Cup 3rd round exit for the Hall Of Shame, a marvellous 0-3 home defeat at the hands of the mighty Sheffield United, a side so good they've been struggling in League One for years.

On the bigger picture…

We are becoming a little bit stereotyped in our reactions, I think. Those who saw the first two games & thought we were on to something can be forgiven for doing so - after all, the manager had his time to settle in, his own pre-season, a few new players, and big decisions made on letting the end-of-contracters go (or stay, in the case of Henry). So now we are seeing the plan come to fruition…

A further two games on, and we look as bad as we ever did under Ramsey. If we have truly made progress, then of course that won't prevent us from losing some games, but there's a kind and a type of defeat you should never see if a manager is overall getting it right. On Saturday, from all I've seen, we saw the proof that we remain vulnerable not merely to defeat, but to sheer awfulness of a kind we didn't see when we had the likes of Christer Warren in the side. You don't need hysteria to see how damning that is.

Time to wind back. A crazy sort of either/or swirls around our Club and its supporters…the choice has mutated into a 'let's go glory hunting' mentality, or an 'accept we'll be shite for years, rebuilding innit' one.

I don't accept this, and we face a terrible future if we accept this , by 'we' I mean the club and its supporters. Of course, big spending and big names have failed us spectacularly. FFP hangs around our neck like an albatross. But there is no reason on earth we can't be more frugal at this level and STILL be successful-no reason at all. Accepting that living within our means in effect leaves us low performers on the pitch is the kind of defeatism that could pose a threat to our future survival. I hate to use the word in a football sense, but we need leadership with the philosophy that says hang the tiny wage bill, we are going to be the chuffing dog's gonads every time we cross the line. No excuses if we're not. Plenty of examples showing you can be successful doing this as long as the manager and the players stand squarely behind it.

We have fallen into the trap of thinking that because we handled success very badly, success is bad and we should try for years of miserable struggle, calling it rebuilding so that we can sound virtuous. Play like plunkers ? Let's put it down to tiredness, oh and did I mention the fact that I can't afford to sign Callum McManaman ? It isn't far down the slippery slope to the third tier with no parachute and crowds (if you can call them that) of 8,000.

The squad may be wafer-thin, but we need a massive attitude upgrade and a real desire to win far more than we need any new player.

Rant over (mic dropped)
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:14]
The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:15 - Aug 22 with 2096 viewsstowmarketrange

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:01 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

How about the 3-0 loss at home to Stockport bloody county in our relegation year.And Karl Ready being sent off didn't improve us.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:20 - Aug 22 with 2070 viewsThe_Mole

A lot of my mates (non QPR) were waxing lyrical to me as we sat top of the Championship after two games and I can't lie, for almost 10 seconds I thought maybe, just maybe JFH & LF have got it right and this could be the biggest surprise season to everyone with knowledge of football. I then came out of that trance very quickly and predicted to these pals that we would drop points at Oakwell and probably loose to Preston! Why the feck can I not be this accurate on the Lotto numbers?!!

Regardless of how many games gone thus far, take into account last season as well, I just wonder/worry that JFH doesn't really know his best system or style as I'm yet to witness any real identity with this current QPR side? Against Leeds, we were far from sensational, but you could clearly see the plan in place. How can that change so drastically with barely two weeks of the season gone?
The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:24 - Aug 22 with 2056 viewsDorse

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:52 - Aug 22 by Hooped_Pullie

I well remember that game, watched from my ST seat in Block V, Ellerslie. Jesus, it was dull.

Surprised no-one's nominated the 2015 FA Cup 3rd round exit for the Hall Of Shame, a marvellous 0-3 home defeat at the hands of the mighty Sheffield United, a side so good they've been struggling in League One for years.

On the bigger picture…

We are becoming a little bit stereotyped in our reactions, I think. Those who saw the first two games & thought we were on to something can be forgiven for doing so - after all, the manager had his time to settle in, his own pre-season, a few new players, and big decisions made on letting the end-of-contracters go (or stay, in the case of Henry). So now we are seeing the plan come to fruition…

A further two games on, and we look as bad as we ever did under Ramsey. If we have truly made progress, then of course that won't prevent us from losing some games, but there's a kind and a type of defeat you should never see if a manager is overall getting it right. On Saturday, from all I've seen, we saw the proof that we remain vulnerable not merely to defeat, but to sheer awfulness of a kind we didn't see when we had the likes of Christer Warren in the side. You don't need hysteria to see how damning that is.

Time to wind back. A crazy sort of either/or swirls around our Club and its supporters…the choice has mutated into a 'let's go glory hunting' mentality, or an 'accept we'll be shite for years, rebuilding innit' one.

I don't accept this, and we face a terrible future if we accept this , by 'we' I mean the club and its supporters. Of course, big spending and big names have failed us spectacularly. FFP hangs around our neck like an albatross. But there is no reason on earth we can't be more frugal at this level and STILL be successful-no reason at all. Accepting that living within our means in effect leaves us low performers on the pitch is the kind of defeatism that could pose a threat to our future survival. I hate to use the word in a football sense, but we need leadership with the philosophy that says hang the tiny wage bill, we are going to be the chuffing dog's gonads every time we cross the line. No excuses if we're not. Plenty of examples showing you can be successful doing this as long as the manager and the players stand squarely behind it.

We have fallen into the trap of thinking that because we handled success very badly, success is bad and we should try for years of miserable struggle, calling it rebuilding so that we can sound virtuous. Play like plunkers ? Let's put it down to tiredness, oh and did I mention the fact that I can't afford to sign Callum McManaman ? It isn't far down the slippery slope to the third tier with no parachute and crowds (if you can call them that) of 8,000.

The squad may be wafer-thin, but we need a massive attitude upgrade and a real desire to win far more than we need any new player.

Rant over (mic dropped)
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:14]

The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:25 - Aug 22 with 2051 viewsHooped_Pullie

The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:15 - Aug 22 by stowmarketrange

How about the 3-0 loss at home to Stockport bloody county in our relegation year.And Karl Ready being sent off didn't improve us.

If memory serves, that was the last game of the season in 2001…an unseasonably freezing late April day, a fitting end to that campaign. Went out that night to watch "The Contender" a very good movie about a female US politician.

Funny the things you remember...
The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:31 - Aug 22 with 2032 viewsJuzzie

My post is based on a number of different threads, just happen to be posting on this one.

Let me get this right, if we win it's;
- Great tactics
- We're getting promoted
- Team togetherness/dressing room harmony
- Players working 110% on the pitch
- etc.

If we don't win (remember, only about the top 4 teams in each FL tier win more games than they don't win), it's;
- Manager doesn't know what he's doing, sack him
- Mid-lower table mediocrity
- Team disharmony, manager has lost the dressing room.
- Players playing awful
- etc.

Just want clarification so I can get my 'QPR Bingo' cards ready for the end of each game.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 1961 viewsMytch_QPR

The clock is ticking for JFH on 12:31 - Aug 22 by Juzzie

My post is based on a number of different threads, just happen to be posting on this one.

Let me get this right, if we win it's;
- Great tactics
- We're getting promoted
- Team togetherness/dressing room harmony
- Players working 110% on the pitch
- etc.

If we don't win (remember, only about the top 4 teams in each FL tier win more games than they don't win), it's;
- Manager doesn't know what he's doing, sack him
- Mid-lower table mediocrity
- Team disharmony, manager has lost the dressing room.
- Players playing awful
- etc.

Just want clarification so I can get my 'QPR Bingo' cards ready for the end of each game.

Nearly, but if we don't win for 2-3 consecutive games it's 'we're going down' rather than mid-table mediocrity.

Why settle for a drama when you can have a crisis (or meltdown)?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024