Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clock is ticking for JFH 21:46 - Aug 20 with 21135 viewsRangers67

That is the second of the three strikes I am prepared to give you sunshine. That was up there amongst the top 3 worst performances I have witnessed from an R,s team. I personally see absolutely no improvement in the team since this bloke took over from the previous clown, so Jimmy get it sorted soon mate or you will be out. No tactics, no idea what to do from set pieces and Jimmy doing a more than passable impression of his predecessor by standing on the sideline staring into space. If most of the crowd could see after 5 mins that we weren't,t at the races yet he stood there and did nothing , what does that say about the chosen one.
Embarrassing
The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:49 - Aug 22 with 2057 viewsPinnerPaul

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:52 - Aug 22 by Hooped_Pullie

I well remember that game, watched from my ST seat in Block V, Ellerslie. Jesus, it was dull.

Surprised no-one's nominated the 2015 FA Cup 3rd round exit for the Hall Of Shame, a marvellous 0-3 home defeat at the hands of the mighty Sheffield United, a side so good they've been struggling in League One for years.

On the bigger picture…

We are becoming a little bit stereotyped in our reactions, I think. Those who saw the first two games & thought we were on to something can be forgiven for doing so - after all, the manager had his time to settle in, his own pre-season, a few new players, and big decisions made on letting the end-of-contracters go (or stay, in the case of Henry). So now we are seeing the plan come to fruition…

A further two games on, and we look as bad as we ever did under Ramsey. If we have truly made progress, then of course that won't prevent us from losing some games, but there's a kind and a type of defeat you should never see if a manager is overall getting it right. On Saturday, from all I've seen, we saw the proof that we remain vulnerable not merely to defeat, but to sheer awfulness of a kind we didn't see when we had the likes of Christer Warren in the side. You don't need hysteria to see how damning that is.

Time to wind back. A crazy sort of either/or swirls around our Club and its supporters…the choice has mutated into a 'let's go glory hunting' mentality, or an 'accept we'll be shite for years, rebuilding innit' one.

I don't accept this, and we face a terrible future if we accept this , by 'we' I mean the club and its supporters. Of course, big spending and big names have failed us spectacularly. FFP hangs around our neck like an albatross. But there is no reason on earth we can't be more frugal at this level and STILL be successful-no reason at all. Accepting that living within our means in effect leaves us low performers on the pitch is the kind of defeatism that could pose a threat to our future survival. I hate to use the word in a football sense, but we need leadership with the philosophy that says hang the tiny wage bill, we are going to be the chuffing dog's gonads every time we cross the line. No excuses if we're not. Plenty of examples showing you can be successful doing this as long as the manager and the players stand squarely behind it.

We have fallen into the trap of thinking that because we handled success very badly, success is bad and we should try for years of miserable struggle, calling it rebuilding so that we can sound virtuous. Play like plunkers ? Let's put it down to tiredness, oh and did I mention the fact that I can't afford to sign Callum McManaman ? It isn't far down the slippery slope to the third tier with no parachute and crowds (if you can call them that) of 8,000.

The squad may be wafer-thin, but we need a massive attitude upgrade and a real desire to win far more than we need any new player.

Rant over (mic dropped)
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:14]

Let's put it down to tiredness, oh and did I mention the fact that I can't afford to sign Callum McManaman ? It isn't far down the slippery slope to the third tier with no parachute and crowds (if you can call them that) of 8,000.

Nonsense - one bad performance and a remark you don't like is light years from "the third tier" - more over dramatic flouncing.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 2022 viewsA40Bosh

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:52 - Aug 22 by Hooped_Pullie

I well remember that game, watched from my ST seat in Block V, Ellerslie. Jesus, it was dull.

Surprised no-one's nominated the 2015 FA Cup 3rd round exit for the Hall Of Shame, a marvellous 0-3 home defeat at the hands of the mighty Sheffield United, a side so good they've been struggling in League One for years.

On the bigger picture…

We are becoming a little bit stereotyped in our reactions, I think. Those who saw the first two games & thought we were on to something can be forgiven for doing so - after all, the manager had his time to settle in, his own pre-season, a few new players, and big decisions made on letting the end-of-contracters go (or stay, in the case of Henry). So now we are seeing the plan come to fruition…

A further two games on, and we look as bad as we ever did under Ramsey. If we have truly made progress, then of course that won't prevent us from losing some games, but there's a kind and a type of defeat you should never see if a manager is overall getting it right. On Saturday, from all I've seen, we saw the proof that we remain vulnerable not merely to defeat, but to sheer awfulness of a kind we didn't see when we had the likes of Christer Warren in the side. You don't need hysteria to see how damning that is.

Time to wind back. A crazy sort of either/or swirls around our Club and its supporters…the choice has mutated into a 'let's go glory hunting' mentality, or an 'accept we'll be shite for years, rebuilding innit' one.

I don't accept this, and we face a terrible future if we accept this , by 'we' I mean the club and its supporters. Of course, big spending and big names have failed us spectacularly. FFP hangs around our neck like an albatross. But there is no reason on earth we can't be more frugal at this level and STILL be successful-no reason at all. Accepting that living within our means in effect leaves us low performers on the pitch is the kind of defeatism that could pose a threat to our future survival. I hate to use the word in a football sense, but we need leadership with the philosophy that says hang the tiny wage bill, we are going to be the chuffing dog's gonads every time we cross the line. No excuses if we're not. Plenty of examples showing you can be successful doing this as long as the manager and the players stand squarely behind it.

We have fallen into the trap of thinking that because we handled success very badly, success is bad and we should try for years of miserable struggle, calling it rebuilding so that we can sound virtuous. Play like plunkers ? Let's put it down to tiredness, oh and did I mention the fact that I can't afford to sign Callum McManaman ? It isn't far down the slippery slope to the third tier with no parachute and crowds (if you can call them that) of 8,000.

The squad may be wafer-thin, but we need a massive attitude upgrade and a real desire to win far more than we need any new player.

Rant over (mic dropped)
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:14]

"But there is no reason on earth we can't be more frugal at this level and STILL be successful-no reason at all. Accepting that living within our means in effect leaves us low performers on the pitch is the kind of defeatism that could pose a threat to our future survival. I hate to use the word in a football sense, but we need leadership with the philosophy that says hang the tiny wage bill, we are going to be the chuffing dog's gonads every time we cross the line. No excuses if we're not. Plenty of examples showing you can be successful doing this as long as the manager and the players stand squarely behind it."

A thoughtful post, but a couple of things about the above paragraph. I don't disagree with the principle behind that winning mentality sentiment, but it depends on how long you give any club, team or manager to be success and what the "success criteria" is for being successful.

I don't think we have been successful since that day against Leeds in May 2011 when we won the league, avoided the Ale Faurlin points deduction and won the league fair and square with NW and his core of Kenny - Hill - Derry . No massive spending at least when compared to what was to come. Everything since then has been proving how much we are actually not successful. The stupid intervening years of buying our initial scraped survival, and scraping in to the play off final for promotion with an underperforming team of overpaid Premier League has beens .

Last year was a lesson in proving that you can't do a quick fix on the team, you can't simply get rid of an expensive manager, put a much cheaper talented coach who has no management experience in the league, and expect miracles. So as patience was lost with CR because Uncle Tone wants us back in the big bucks league, so he then told Les to tell JFH, you get the rest of this season to sort it out but next year we want up because this season is the end of the Sky money.

Unfortunately for Uncle Tone the worst thing he has done was to put Lee Hoos in to balance the books and by the looks of it Tony from above and Les and JFH from below are wanting promotion at any cost but as far as LH is concerned, not on my watch!

So, regardless of how much positivity you try to bring and a never say die attitude, I think this is going to be another painful season full of ups and downs because the current crop of recruits are coming pretty much from our level or below and are being brought in to develop and as Les has pointed out, you bring players in knowing there is a strong risk they wont work, at least not straight away.

Total Success to me this year would be a strong top 6 finish based on a greater number of games with us playing good football and a few scraped 1-0s combined with some shock home defeats along the way.

Success to me would be a top 10 finish, playing better football as the season progresses, new players (a la Washington) making their mark, a settled regular team with Smithies reverting back to his first Green replacement form. And, no FFP penalties hanging over us and with youth team players coming through. Ned as 3rd choice CB and back up RB with a proper right back brought in this window.

4 games in, very early doors.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:13 - Aug 22 with 2013 viewsHunterhoop

The clock is not ticking for JFH.

He's not had two strikes, one strike, or fifty strikes.

We were abysmal on Saturday. Everyone knows it. It was one of the worst performances of the last couple of years, but nothing like in the worst 3 of all time. Fulham 6-0, Fulham 1-3, Fulham 4-0, Arsenal 6-0, Wimbledon 5-0, Preston 5-0, Forest, 5-0, Chelsea 6-1, pretty much the entire season when we were relegated under Francis (and then Holloway) from Div 1....Vauxhall Motors!

No one played particularly well on Saturday, although I do think our problems stemmed from our full backs, both of whom had stinkers. I know everyone wants to like Bidwell - I do too - but I've been distinctly unimpressed with him so far, even against Leeds, when a early error almost gave them the lead. On Saturday his and Perch's distribution was appallingly lazy and badly executed. As a result we were simply unable to play out from the back, meaning we resorted to lumping it, in a strong breeze against a team built to play lower league long ball football.

Perch, in particular, strikes me as an utter moron. The countless high risk lunges, the indecision, the fact he hardly ever has his next pass planned when he receives the ball, how he switches off....everyone can slate Onouha all they like at RB, but he's 3 times the RB Perch is and we have looked far better with him there than Perch (last season and this).

Bidwell really struggled to play it out too. Constantly playing the ball up to Polter above head height when he'd gone short, in front of his man, therefore needing it to chest/feet. He also appeared to have no understanding with Yenni nor any communication. They barely completed more than 5 passes together whilst both on the pitch. Again, in a 4-2-3-1, a typical method for playing out completely removed. Part of this may have been Yenni's fault, but even then, when a pass was on into the central midfielders Bidwell just seemed to be having one of those days.

Don't get me wrong, most of the team struggled The central midfielders were too static and didn't do anywhere near enough to find space to receive the ball to feet. The wide players got too narrow and their crossing was poor. Onouha didn't calm down teammates and provide the composure needed from a senior head. Caulker seemed to stop communicating and lose his head. Chery got frustrated, went looking for the ball, and consequently lost it in a dangerous area directly setting up their 2nd. Smithies was flappy. Washington missed a good chance. Polter didn't win enough in the air. The whole team panicked.

However, I said it during the first half, and still believe it; the cause of our crap play, on the ball at least, was our inability to play it out of defence from full back. We just gave it away time after time...which led to Caulker and Onouha going direct on occasion.

I hope this is identified by JFH et al. And I hope we do a few key things:
1) Start Jack Robinson (or threaten to) to create a genuine competition for LB. I think Bidwell needs this. He's clearly a good player looking at his recent past, but he's not playing well as he should be and he appears to be a "shoe in", which is not a healthy combination.
2) Get Onouha back at RB (should be easy now Hall is back and Lynch will be soon), dropping Perch and preferably shifting him on somehow. We will be much better defensively as a unit, and no worse, in fact better, on the ball.
3) Recall Furlong...to develop the competition referred to above.
4) Stop playing Cousins wide...he wants to play CM. You can tell by his positioning in game...either he's good enough to start there or his isn't. He should be competing with Luongo and/or Henry
5) NOT move to 4-4-2. Our best player is Chery. His best position is no. 10. Keep playing him there. Play Polter up top, with Washington in reserve or coached to play on one flank.
6) If Yenni prefers playing on the right, play him there and bring back Shodipo on the left/sign someone for the left.
7) Luongo and Henry need to be told, in no uncertain terms, they must work harder WHEN WE HAVE THE BALL, to get free to offer for a ball into feet. If they're done for after an hour, so be it.

11 raw, rough "far from perfect" round pegs still fit better into 11 round holes than 11 squares do.

But all of this does not mean the "clock is ticking" for JFH, Les or any of his "black mates". It just means, we're far from the finished article and still a work in progress, and very erratic. All of which is not much of a revelation given we're a mid table Championship side. We'll beat some good teams and lose to some bad ones is this 46 season. I still hope/think we'll be there or thereabout the play offs come April.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:24 - Aug 22 with 1978 viewsHooped_Pullie

The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:49 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Let's put it down to tiredness, oh and did I mention the fact that I can't afford to sign Callum McManaman ? It isn't far down the slippery slope to the third tier with no parachute and crowds (if you can call them that) of 8,000.

Nonsense - one bad performance and a remark you don't like is light years from "the third tier" - more over dramatic flouncing.

A flounce, Paul ? Hardly fair, I think.

No team is immune to free fall, not least in this league, though I'll grant it's a worst case scenario.

Who knows how this season will pan out. As I said, I just hope we show some pride & grit.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:36 - Aug 22 with 1955 viewsPinnerPaul

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:24 - Aug 22 by Hooped_Pullie

A flounce, Paul ? Hardly fair, I think.

No team is immune to free fall, not least in this league, though I'll grant it's a worst case scenario.

Who knows how this season will pan out. As I said, I just hope we show some pride & grit.

Talking relegation after 4 games is a flounce in my book - especially when we are 6th!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:38 - Aug 22 with 1951 viewsA40Bosh

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:36 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Talking relegation after 4 games is a flounce in my book - especially when we are 6th!

What do you mean we are 6th

I thought we were top after beating Leeds and Cardiff (away)

JFH out
JFH out

What do we want?
JFH out
When do we wont it?
Nowwwwww!
Why do we want it?
Urh?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 14:39]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:47 - Aug 22 with 1915 viewsMytch_QPR

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:38 - Aug 22 by A40Bosh

JFH out
JFH out

What do we want?
JFH out
When do we wont it?
Nowwwwww!
Why do we want it?
Urh?

How about this catchy (and clean) chant:

'2 - 4 - 6 - 8,
who do we appreciate?
At present, none of the senior players or management, however we would be happy to review this opinion after the next couple of results'.

Don't forget, football leagues tend to get shut down in national emergencies, so if we can organise a war, ebola outbreak or triggering article 50 then we should be in the play-offs once the league restarts (if we can hold out until May with the emergency thing).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:47 - Aug 22 with 1912 viewspaulparker

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:38 - Aug 22 by A40Bosh

JFH out
JFH out

What do we want?
JFH out
When do we wont it?
Nowwwwww!
Why do we want it?
Urh?

has anybody said JFH should be sacked ?

are fans who pay good money to watch hoof ball not allowed to criticise ?

must those who do sway from the LFW mass opinion be talked down as hysterical idiots ?

its a football MB at the end of the day and those who rate JFH are fine by me and those who don't rate him are also fine by me , a few performances like that and fans have every right to have a moan and if they come on here to voice that so what

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:14 - Aug 22 with 1827 viewsPinnerPaul

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:47 - Aug 22 by paulparker

must those who do sway from the LFW mass opinion be talked down as hysterical idiots ?

its a football MB at the end of the day and those who rate JFH are fine by me and those who don't rate him are also fine by me , a few performances like that and fans have every right to have a moan and if they come on here to voice that so what

Well the the title of the thread and remarks in op like "...you will soon be out" seems like a start to me!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 1788 viewsRangers67

The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:14 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Well the the title of the thread and remarks in op like "...you will soon be out" seems like a start to me!

As the original poster I can confirm I don,t want to see JFH sacked but I also don,t want to see my team play like they did on Saturday and watch the manager stand there with his hands in his pockets and do nothing. My remarks were of a personal point of view that many more performances like that and his inaction , for me would be cause for me to lose faith in JFH. His tactics and team selection especially when we are playing some of the poorer teams at home leave me baffled. If I was Sir Les ( and I am not ) I would have had some very direct questions for Jimmy after Saturdays performance.
Not just about the teams performance but his lack of reaction to it. Why persist in punting the ball long to no one in particular only for it to come back and put us under pressure. I do realise we are having to cut our cloth under new financial restrictions but that is no excuse for inaction in the face of us getting a going over.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:34 - Aug 22 with 1779 viewsHunterhoop

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:47 - Aug 22 by paulparker

Of course people are allowed to criticise and hold different opinions. I just criticised lots of elements of the team performance and individuals myself!

But I do think a chunk of our fanbase needs to have some sense of perspective with their criticism. Yes, it was abysmal. But, no, it doesn't mean the manager is two strikes into his "three strikes" allowed, before he deserves to get the sack. That is patently hysterical nonsense.

The same goes for the other over the top criticism.

Criticise things, absolutely. Hold different opinions on the relative merits of James Perch, Nedum Onouha or Jude the Stadium Cat. But, as a fanbase we have a responsibility to not let every loss or poor performance mean we jump to the most exaggerated of conclusions and evaluations on our manager and/or DoF and/or CEO. It's a little embarrassing, hardly what you'd expect from "fans" of something, and, ultimately, entirely self defeating.

If people put reasoned, coherent arguments together, that weren't directly and inherently linked to the last result, which explained why they thought our manager, DoF or CEO weren't taking the club in the right direction, then fair enough. But what they're trying to do is entirely opposite to what went so horribly wrong under Hughes and Redknapp (and Rigg, Beard, etc), and whilst TF was "hands on". And most of us were very vocal about hating that. We're doing the exact opposite and people hate hat too! This makes me think people just focus on the last few results....which is very short sighted, and, in my opinion, a little stupid.

Some of the "critical" posts, haven't been coherent and reasoned. it's been one loss and the sky is falling in. It is completely hysterical.

I think if we'd not been in the Prem at all in our recent past, nor had gone through so many managers, nor existed in a culture where everyone else does the same and instant success is expected, we could all go back to the days on this forum of discussing our ineptitude (and what we would do differently) without it all automatically meaning our manager needs to go.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 1764 viewsjohncharles

It's not surprising and not altogether unfair to blame JFH for Saturday's shambles. As I've said before, even if he didn't tell his players to hoof the ball ball up into the swirling wind he had plenty of time to tell them to stop. Play it on the ground. Put a few passes together even it was only in our own half. Give the midfield half a chance to get into the game. I've seen criticism of Luongo but be fair, the only way he was going to get near the ball was with a step ladder.
To blame the players, saying they were tired, just added insult to injury. Hold your hand up Jimmy, you made a right balls of that one and let's all move on.

Strong and stable my arse.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:47 - Aug 22 with 1755 viewsBrightonhoop

All a bit OTT for losing at Home to Preston.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:55 - Aug 22 with 1732 viewsjohncharles

Just passionate supporters. It's what football's all about.
( not the Prem on TV )

Strong and stable my arse.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:02 - Aug 22 with 1718 viewsRangers67

The clock is ticking for JFH on 16:34 - Aug 22 by Hunterhoop

Of course people are allowed to criticise and hold different opinions. I just criticised lots of elements of the team performance and individuals myself!

But I do think a chunk of our fanbase needs to have some sense of perspective with their criticism. Yes, it was abysmal. But, no, it doesn't mean the manager is two strikes into his "three strikes" allowed, before he deserves to get the sack. That is patently hysterical nonsense.

The same goes for the other over the top criticism.

Criticise things, absolutely. Hold different opinions on the relative merits of James Perch, Nedum Onouha or Jude the Stadium Cat. But, as a fanbase we have a responsibility to not let every loss or poor performance mean we jump to the most exaggerated of conclusions and evaluations on our manager and/or DoF and/or CEO. It's a little embarrassing, hardly what you'd expect from "fans" of something, and, ultimately, entirely self defeating.

If people put reasoned, coherent arguments together, that weren't directly and inherently linked to the last result, which explained why they thought our manager, DoF or CEO weren't taking the club in the right direction, then fair enough. But what they're trying to do is entirely opposite to what went so horribly wrong under Hughes and Redknapp (and Rigg, Beard, etc), and whilst TF was "hands on". And most of us were very vocal about hating that. We're doing the exact opposite and people hate hat too! This makes me think people just focus on the last few results....which is very short sighted, and, in my opinion, a little stupid.

Some of the "critical" posts, haven't been coherent and reasoned. it's been one loss and the sky is falling in. It is completely hysterical.

I think if we'd not been in the Prem at all in our recent past, nor had gone through so many managers, nor existed in a culture where everyone else does the same and instant success is expected, we could all go back to the days on this forum of discussing our ineptitude (and what we would do differently) without it all automatically meaning our manager needs to go.

Hysterical, stupid, focused on the last few results....interesting analysis. As I said in my OP I don,t think we have improved since he took over, that's a lot more than the last few games. And if you want an example of his tactical failure just look at our lack of imagination at throw ins, no attempt to retain possession just hurl it down the line in the general direction of Seb and hope for the best, stoneage ! The vast majority of teams we play have some sort of plan to retain possession at throw ins etc.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:06 - Aug 22 with 1703 viewsWatford_Ranger

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:02 - Aug 22 by Rangers67

Hysterical, stupid, focused on the last few results....interesting analysis. As I said in my OP I don,t think we have improved since he took over, that's a lot more than the last few games. And if you want an example of his tactical failure just look at our lack of imagination at throw ins, no attempt to retain possession just hurl it down the line in the general direction of Seb and hope for the best, stoneage ! The vast majority of teams we play have some sort of plan to retain possession at throw ins etc.

Who are these teams? Preston's tactic was to lob it into the box. Were Leeds, Cardiff or Barnsley innovative with their throw-ins?
The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:38 - Aug 22 with 1658 viewsHendonHoop

Sorry, but I think enough is enough right now. Time to go I reckon. Not sure who to bring in though? Steve Bruce? Just a thought?
The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:50 - Aug 22 with 1634 viewsWatford_Ranger

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:38 - Aug 22 by HendonHoop

Sorry, but I think enough is enough right now. Time to go I reckon. Not sure who to bring in though? Steve Bruce? Just a thought?

Enough is enough? We've played four games this season and won two of them. Three out of five if you include the cup. What part of our illustrious recent history suggests regular change is what we need?
The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:52 - Aug 22 with 1628 viewsNorthernr

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:38 - Aug 22 by HendonHoop

Doesn't matter, could appoint Mr Magoo, if "enough is enough" after two wins and a draw from five matches then you're going to want every QPR manager sacked after a month for the rest of time so I don't think it matters a great deal who exactly it is.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:56 - Aug 22 with 1620 viewsHooped_Pullie

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:36 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Well, taken out of the context of a lengthy post, and not taking anything pre-Saturday into consideration, you could say that.

If we win just two of the next ten games, though, you'll have quite a few flounces to chase all over this MB.

Not saying that's going to happen, of course.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:05 - Aug 22 with 1607 viewsHunterhoop

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:02 - Aug 22 by Rangers67

That wasn't my analysis. It was my evaluation of certain comments based on a fairly lengthy analysis of such comments. In simpler terms, i didn't just give my opinion I explained it rationally, I thought.

But, hey ho, I'm being a pedant.

I'm not sure we've improved too much either from Ramsey, although on balance I'd say we have. But I still don't understand why that warrants the clock ticking, etc... We have no God given right to be on a continuous march to success (and that's without getting into the whole debate of what success is, which is crucial, and I have no doubt are views would differ). But I also think improvement in the time scales you and others seem to operate in is unrealistic and unreasonable. Only a few years ago managers used to get "a full season before we can judge". JFH has had half a season, one offseason/preseason, and a whopping 4 league games into the next season, where we're 6th, and he's "two strikes in". Seriously?! People need some perspective!

No one should be even remotely considering judging him until Christmas...at the absolute earliest. I'd wait until next summer.

In the meantime, turn up, support the club, celebrate when we do win/play well, don't go OTT when we lose, and let's see where we are over a far more reasonable time frame.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:15 - Aug 22 with 1595 viewsHooped_Pullie

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:52 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Doesn't matter, could appoint Mr Magoo, if "enough is enough" after two wins and a draw from five matches then you're going to want every QPR manager sacked after a month for the rest of time so I don't think it matters a great deal who exactly it is.

Thing is, Clive, JFH is not being judged wholly on this season. Throughout all of the many games he was in charge for last term, most of them were dire. Only one of our three managers last season produced an immediate uplift in results and performances, though it wasn't all pretty to watch.

He was to be given a chance, though : his own pre-season, decisions on staying or going players (some big calls there), a bit of new blood. And a clean slate come August.

He hasn't built up much credit with the fans through last season's performances, and the fact that he's a Chelscum legend hardly helps. I haven't called for his head, nor will I, but I've expressed my opinion about what we should be doing and it doesn't really tally with what he's doing at the moment, so I'm exercising, politely, my right to differ.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:27 - Aug 22 with 1580 viewsDylanP

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:58 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

3 worst performances?
Liverpool Dec 2012
Preston 2000
Wimbledon 2001

Just off the top of my head

Edit (Double post)
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 18:45]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:42 - Aug 22 with 1561 viewsDylanP

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:17 - Aug 21 by Rangers67

Sorry for having a different view to your obviously correct one, I was under the impression this was a forum ! Anyway my opinion is worth no more than yesterday's news to JFH and that is how it should be. But when I go to watch my team play I like to see a bit of football not the pony that was served up yesterday and numerous times in the past. Fulham at home last season was his first strike. How you can play lump ball all afternoon towards a centre half who is six foot nine or there about a and expect to get results is beyond me but maybe you guys like watching that !
Yesterday time after time we launched it long to Polter with not one of our players within ten yards of him, not only is that stone age football it doesn't,t work ! We were playing the team bottom of the league at home for gods sake not Barcelona. This is obviously Jimmy,s tactics, one man up front against not very good teams, that might be a good idea away from home but he is limiting our chances severely by doing this at home because as soon as the opposition know this they grow in confidence. The worst bit is he stands on the side line watching this and does nothing about it. After half time I expected the players to come out and give it a go with maybe different tactics to the dire ones that had failed in the first half but no same old same old and what did we get ? What we deserved ! I appreciate he hasn't,t had years in the job but the early signs for me aren,t great. I do hope I am wrong as like everyone else on here I want the R,s to be successful but not at the expense of hoofball . By the way credit to Preston and there tactically astute manager.

Thanks for the idiotic drivel. I am delighted that you chose to explain why you are positive that your idiotic drivel is correct and everyone else is wrong.

I am also thrilled to learn that Jimmy gets three strikes from you and that each dire performance from the team counts as a strike against. Honestly, I am amazed that you only consider two performances deserve that rating since Jimmy arrived. I would guess that even in a good season, a QPR fan should expect to view 6-7 pretty dire performances.

As for your earlier assertion that this rated as one of the worst team performances of all time, I have to disagree. As a fan of 40 years, there are loads of performances that are worse. Obviously, Vauxhall Motors and the League Cup Final loss to Oxford (3-0) were more humiliating. Boxing Day at Notts Forest last year was pretty disappointing, as well. Hmmm, there are just so many to choose from.

As you note, this is a Forum and everyone has their right to an opinion, and (in the spirit of fee speech, liberty and other such wholesome phrases) I would fight to my dying breath for your absolute right to post as much idiotic drivel as you like!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:51 - Aug 22 with 1548 viewsNorthernr

The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:15 - Aug 22 by Hooped_Pullie

Thing is, Clive, JFH is not being judged wholly on this season. Throughout all of the many games he was in charge for last term, most of them were dire. Only one of our three managers last season produced an immediate uplift in results and performances, though it wasn't all pretty to watch.

He was to be given a chance, though : his own pre-season, decisions on staying or going players (some big calls there), a bit of new blood. And a clean slate come August.

He hasn't built up much credit with the fans through last season's performances, and the fact that he's a Chelscum legend hardly helps. I haven't called for his head, nor will I, but I've expressed my opinion about what we should be doing and it doesn't really tally with what he's doing at the moment, so I'm exercising, politely, my right to differ.

The fact he played for Chelsea (briefly) more than a decade ago should have fck all to o with anything.

And if you're talking about Warnock being the only manager who produced an "immediate uplift in result and performances" last season then you were at a different four matches than the ones I was at. Two goals scored in four matches (one of them dropped in the net by the goalkeeper) and playing horrendously defensive football without a striker even on the pitch.

This is all such bullsht after five matches, sixth in the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024