Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clock is ticking for JFH 21:46 - Aug 20 with 21146 viewsRangers67

That is the second of the three strikes I am prepared to give you sunshine. That was up there amongst the top 3 worst performances I have witnessed from an R,s team. I personally see absolutely no improvement in the team since this bloke took over from the previous clown, so Jimmy get it sorted soon mate or you will be out. No tactics, no idea what to do from set pieces and Jimmy doing a more than passable impression of his predecessor by standing on the sideline staring into space. If most of the crowd could see after 5 mins that we weren't,t at the races yet he stood there and did nothing , what does that say about the chosen one.
Embarrassing
The clock is ticking for JFH on 19:10 - Aug 22 with 2402 viewsHooped_Pullie

The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:51 - Aug 22 by Northernr

The fact he played for Chelsea (briefly) more than a decade ago should have fck all to o with anything.

And if you're talking about Warnock being the only manager who produced an "immediate uplift in result and performances" last season then you were at a different four matches than the ones I was at. Two goals scored in four matches (one of them dropped in the net by the goalkeeper) and playing horrendously defensive football without a striker even on the pitch.

This is all such bullsht after five matches, sixth in the league.

Clive, it doesn't matter to me who he played for, but there are fans it will matter to.

I did say those games weren't pretty, but he was steadying the ship from a bloody low watermark, and the old adage comes in : stop conceding, give yourself something to build from. I acknowledge that'll never look good, and it'll not be the last time we see it.

I do see your point about four games and all that, I really do. But with this season in so many respects a continuation of last, more than those four games are being taken into account when it comes to current feelings about where we are & where we're going.

Slam four or five past Rochdale tomorrow night, and the 'meltdown' will cool off for a while, although Wigan looms.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 19:13 - Aug 22 with 2395 viewskensalriser

It seems my early season concern about the lack of negatives and scapegoats was entirely misplaced.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 20:00 - Aug 22 with 2350 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The clock is ticking for JFH on 18:51 - Aug 22 by Northernr

The fact he played for Chelsea (briefly) more than a decade ago should have fck all to o with anything.

And if you're talking about Warnock being the only manager who produced an "immediate uplift in result and performances" last season then you were at a different four matches than the ones I was at. Two goals scored in four matches (one of them dropped in the net by the goalkeeper) and playing horrendously defensive football without a striker even on the pitch.

This is all such bullsht after five matches, sixth in the league.

If we were fifth, that would be acceptable.

Sixth is just not good enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:06 - Aug 22 with 2291 viewsJuzzie

The whole Chelsea thing is rubbish. I had to google/wiki to find some stuff out, thats how little i knew.

He played for them 2000-2004. The time we were mainly in the third tier.
QPR and the PL were so far apart i didn't really know or care what was going on in the PL let along who was playing at Chelsea or whether he even played in the friendly when we done them 3-1.

With QPR in such a perilous state all that mattered was our own situation.

If pepole obsess over him being at Chelsea then they're spending too much time looking at other clubs when we were at our lowest point in living memory.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:36 - Aug 22 with 2251 viewsYorkRanger

This is a MB and everyone is entitled to their opinions, however the title of the OP does create a slightly hysterical feel to the state of play. We are 6th in the league and have won 2 lost 2. We are a mid table team at best and are rebuilding. It is early in that journey and after the sh1te of recent years I'm prepared to give it some time. I wasn't there Saturday and understand it was crap. We will play crap again but we will also play well - it is what it is, changing the manager again will be madness. I'd give JFH two seasons and then see where we are. We will not go up this season and people need to come to terms with that quickly
The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:42 - Aug 22 with 2192 viewsfrancisbowles

The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:06 - Aug 22 by Juzzie

The whole Chelsea thing is rubbish. I had to google/wiki to find some stuff out, thats how little i knew.

He played for them 2000-2004. The time we were mainly in the third tier.
QPR and the PL were so far apart i didn't really know or care what was going on in the PL let along who was playing at Chelsea or whether he even played in the friendly when we done them 3-1.

With QPR in such a perilous state all that mattered was our own situation.

If pepole obsess over him being at Chelsea then they're spending too much time looking at other clubs when we were at our lowest point in living memory.

For those who may be too young to remember two of our best ever managers had spells at the scum, Dave Sexton and Terry Venables. Also two members of our nearly Champions 75-76 followed Sexton directly from them, Dave Webb.and John Hollins.

ALL the above became well liked at Loftus Road.

Yes I hate them as well but when an individual joins our club it doesn't really matter where he was in the past, he is now one of us.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 2175 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:42 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

For those who may be too young to remember two of our best ever managers had spells at the scum, Dave Sexton and Terry Venables. Also two members of our nearly Champions 75-76 followed Sexton directly from them, Dave Webb.and John Hollins.

ALL the above became well liked at Loftus Road.

Yes I hate them as well but when an individual joins our club it doesn't really matter where he was in the past, he is now one of us.

Same as that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:30 - Aug 22 with 2122 viewsconnell10

The clock is ticking for JFH on 19:10 - Aug 22 by Hooped_Pullie

Clive, it doesn't matter to me who he played for, but there are fans it will matter to.

I did say those games weren't pretty, but he was steadying the ship from a bloody low watermark, and the old adage comes in : stop conceding, give yourself something to build from. I acknowledge that'll never look good, and it'll not be the last time we see it.

I do see your point about four games and all that, I really do. But with this season in so many respects a continuation of last, more than those four games are being taken into account when it comes to current feelings about where we are & where we're going.

Slam four or five past Rochdale tomorrow night, and the 'meltdown' will cool off for a while, although Wigan looms.

Ahh it always goes back to Mr warnock dont it, news is me old china neil has gone , he aint coming back , get over it and im still waiting for my bloody email replie!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:31 - Aug 22 with 2118 viewsWatford_Ranger

Furlong didn't do too badly for us. No one outside of West London gives a sht about any rivalry with Chelsea. Ridiculous reason to slag off Hasselbaink.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:34 - Aug 22 with 2112 viewsconnell10

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:31 - Aug 22 by Watford_Ranger

Furlong didn't do too badly for us. No one outside of West London gives a sht about any rivalry with Chelsea. Ridiculous reason to slag off Hasselbaink.

Ive honestly not heard one rangers fan mention mate, i think it a load of BS !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 00:20 - Aug 23 with 2053 viewsLythamR

We very nearly got a draw at Barnsley despite being outplayed by a team that was much better on the day. we were poor against Preston for sure but we have to recognise that days like saturday are going to happen again this season, the team is a work in progress, generally I am pleased that we seem to have more tenacity than previously and certainly look generally fitter.

I would like to see Washington get more pitch time and we need to be more positive sometimes and support attacks more aggressively when we have possession but i think JFH has us going in the right direction and we should get on with supporting the team for a bit and see how it develops.

I expect us to finish the season just outside the play offs unless something sensational happens with incoming transfers, I think would be realistic progress given the financial situation. Anything better than that would be a massive bonus
The clock is ticking for JFH on 00:59 - Aug 23 with 2040 viewsdaveinmelbourne

I find it interesting the amount of near hysteria on the messageboards whenever we lose.

Quite frankly people have extremely short memories. It took Terry Venables two and a half seasons get us promoted to the top flight. I see similarities between him and JFH, both were/are driven young managers with a certain style of play in mind. It takes time to get that right but I'm pretty sure Hasselbaink will succeed, he seems pretty ruthless.

The other thing that's pretty obvious to me is that Hasselbaink is still learning, is it only four or five seasons he's been a manager?

A little more patience by some is required, from where I'm sitting across the other side of the world we look to be heading in the right direction, saying that though I can understand the frustration at sitting through what looked a truly awful match. But hey, I've done that many times at LR. This QPR after all
The clock is ticking for JFH on 02:24 - Aug 23 with 2020 viewsStpeteR

Wow, for a second there I thought this post was from TonyF and merely re-posted from Twitter...seemed to have as much thought baked into it.

We need another striker to start. I have seen, on QPRplayer, a vast improvement in quality and desire (with a Preston exception) on a championship budget team sheet. JFH will solidify this squad with time and young signings, patience and alcohol needed, of course.

If not, Hang em High and go back to square one again, and again. Also, ramp up the meds dosage perhaps...

The clock is ticking for JFH on 09:50 - Aug 23 with 1930 viewsAntti_Heinola

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:31 - Aug 22 by Watford_Ranger

Our best left back in the last 30 years was also, of course, from Chelsea - Clive Wilson.

Bare bones.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 09:56 - Aug 23 with 1918 viewspaulparker

The clock is ticking for JFH on 09:50 - Aug 23 by Antti_Heinola

Our best left back in the last 30 years was also, of course, from Chelsea - Clive Wilson.

We also ended up with Mike Fillery , Gary Chivers & Clive "Flasher" walker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:43 - Aug 23 with 1884 viewsThe_Mole

Aside from LF & Ray Wilkins, my favourite QPR players to date have been Gavin Peacock and John Spencer - how we could do with those two now!

The worrying thing for me currently, isn't our table position, or the fact that JFH is ex-Chelscum, but I don't see where the goals are coming from in open play? We've scored 7 league goals so far, 1 of which was from open play. I touched upon this in another thread, regardless of our formation, we just don't seem to be a particularly creative side under JFH?

I understand he is setting us up not to loose, rather than a Kevin Keegan style team but if this continues throughout I may need a few extra beers before each game!!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 1877 viewsadhoc_qpr

We ultimately look like we're a midtable team, which means we'll win, draw and lose about the same number of games.

Any team that is consistently winning will generally finish in/near the playoffs and i don't think that's us.

Ultimately i'd just leave him to it this season and reassess in May with something the following criteria:

Where did we finish?
What were the performance like?
Did we improve over the season and show an uptick in form?
Was JFH backed in the transfer market and how did the signings do?
Have he developed our young players?
Has he got performances from/sold for profit our top players?

Obviously i'm assuming we don't go up or down here (seems likely).

Assess all of that and figure out whether to give him another year.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:02 - Aug 23 with 1867 viewsjohncharles

The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:56 - Aug 23 by adhoc_qpr

We ultimately look like we're a midtable team, which means we'll win, draw and lose about the same number of games.

Any team that is consistently winning will generally finish in/near the playoffs and i don't think that's us.

Ultimately i'd just leave him to it this season and reassess in May with something the following criteria:

Where did we finish?
What were the performance like?
Did we improve over the season and show an uptick in form?
Was JFH backed in the transfer market and how did the signings do?
Have he developed our young players?
Has he got performances from/sold for profit our top players?

Obviously i'm assuming we don't go up or down here (seems likely).

Assess all of that and figure out whether to give him another year.

Assuming we don't go down (seems likely) I'm not superstitious but please don't say things like that.
That's the the attitude that will see us relegated.

Strong and stable my arse.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 1846 viewsadhoc_qpr

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:02 - Aug 23 by johncharles

Assuming we don't go down (seems likely) I'm not superstitious but please don't say things like that.
That's the the attitude that will see us relegated.

True that is a little flippant!

But i do think our defence is generally solid enough to keep us out of real relegation danger - despite the evidence of the past week.

Obviously a long term injury to Polter or Chery and we'd be in serious trouble though as we have nothing else in attack!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:16 - Aug 23 with 1836 viewsAntti_Heinola

The clock is ticking for JFH on 10:43 - Aug 23 by The_Mole

Aside from LF & Ray Wilkins, my favourite QPR players to date have been Gavin Peacock and John Spencer - how we could do with those two now!

The worrying thing for me currently, isn't our table position, or the fact that JFH is ex-Chelscum, but I don't see where the goals are coming from in open play? We've scored 7 league goals so far, 1 of which was from open play. I touched upon this in another thread, regardless of our formation, we just don't seem to be a particularly creative side under JFH?

I understand he is setting us up not to loose, rather than a Kevin Keegan style team but if this continues throughout I may need a few extra beers before each game!!

the problem with the 'only one goal in open play out of 7' thing is that you're looking at too few games to make that assessment.
Yes, we've had four pens - on 2 or 3 of those at least we were in a great goalscoring position and might well have scored anyway. We've also hit the post a couple of times too.
I agree, though, that we're light on goals. As I said last season, everyone was desperate to offload Phillips and Hoilett but I bet between them last season they gave us something like 12-14 goals, plus at least as many assists. That's two big holes to fill, whatever anyone;s opinion on them.
Hopefully Yeni will step up and chip in and you'd also hope Mass and Cousins will grab some goals too. But we're unlikely to be top scorers.

Bare bones.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 1818 viewsadhoc_qpr

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:16 - Aug 23 by Antti_Heinola

the problem with the 'only one goal in open play out of 7' thing is that you're looking at too few games to make that assessment.
Yes, we've had four pens - on 2 or 3 of those at least we were in a great goalscoring position and might well have scored anyway. We've also hit the post a couple of times too.
I agree, though, that we're light on goals. As I said last season, everyone was desperate to offload Phillips and Hoilett but I bet between them last season they gave us something like 12-14 goals, plus at least as many assists. That's two big holes to fill, whatever anyone;s opinion on them.
Hopefully Yeni will step up and chip in and you'd also hope Mass and Cousins will grab some goals too. But we're unlikely to be top scorers.

Weren't Jimmy's Burton side also renowned for grinding out narrow wins, without scoring or conceding many?

It's a big ask for Yeni to settle from French Div 2 and contribute to the same level as Phillips/Hoillett straight away.

Hopefully once the prem 25 man squads are settled and players left out, we can pick up a few loans to plug the gaps in our squad.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:44 - Aug 23 with 1801 views1MoreBrightonR

I wonder if the clock is ticking on Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool? carrying on from last season with the same inconsistent performances, winning one game looking good and then losing to a 'weak' team the next week...completely unacceptable ;)

We are a funny bunch on here sometimes.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:46 - Aug 23 with 1720 viewsPinnerPaul

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:44 - Aug 23 by 1MoreBrightonR

I wonder if the clock is ticking on Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool? carrying on from last season with the same inconsistent performances, winning one game looking good and then losing to a 'weak' team the next week...completely unacceptable ;)

We are a funny bunch on here sometimes.

is it also ticking, for the managers of any of the 18 teams below us.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:53 - Aug 23 with 1714 viewsstansleftfoot

The clock is ticking for JFH on 00:59 - Aug 23 by daveinmelbourne

I find it interesting the amount of near hysteria on the messageboards whenever we lose.

Quite frankly people have extremely short memories. It took Terry Venables two and a half seasons get us promoted to the top flight. I see similarities between him and JFH, both were/are driven young managers with a certain style of play in mind. It takes time to get that right but I'm pretty sure Hasselbaink will succeed, he seems pretty ruthless.

The other thing that's pretty obvious to me is that Hasselbaink is still learning, is it only four or five seasons he's been a manager?

A little more patience by some is required, from where I'm sitting across the other side of the world we look to be heading in the right direction, saying that though I can understand the frustration at sitting through what looked a truly awful match. But hey, I've done that many times at LR. This QPR after all

It should also be remembered Venables ripped up the football pitch, wrote a book called they used to play on grass and subsequently the ball hardly touched our new plastic pitch, equally we played a cynical breed of off-side that drew endless condemnation from football writes on Sunday morning.
This is without a doubt the toughest and most competitive league, for those with ambitions or with hopes to return to the Premiership it's a journey that threatens bankruptcy, humiliation and usually failure. For those who just want to remain in the division the same can apply or worse.
All the Clubs are threatened with Chinese or other eastern takeover and there lies any number of awful outcomes.
QPR are in a good place, we have realistic ambitions, we are aiming for some financial sobriety and sustainable business activity. Our losses will become manageable for our owners who seem to have adopted Hoo's as their advisor alongside Ferdinand and JFH.
As to JFH's quality, we can only wait and see, Football Managers are by nature failures, the nature of the competition and the job means that coaches and or Managers have little effect on actual results until you get to the top dogs, Jose, Conte, and whoever else is flavour of the month. Wenger is a failure! That's the measure of English Football....how can JFH be any different?
I'm enjoying watch JFH find his feet while the Club makes great progress at a Community level, I've never been embarrassed by QPR as a Club....that has changed but I'm beginning to forget and therefore beginning to forgive, however the juvenile, childish posturing of the new social media friendly fans do embarrass me. Of Course they have a right to an opinion, but sadly an opinion that postures a position of failure due to losing two football matches is hardly one of any merit or interest.....why bother...I suggest we all stop responding to these people and try and remember why we are proud of QPR and why, in the past, our fans where respected for their level of support balanced by a knowledge of great football.
Bowles, Givens, Francis, Thomas, Marsh, Currie these are players created and utilised by this Club, do we not recognise Sodipo, Cheri, Polter, Mass, Hall and others as being part of an ethos that admires skill attempting to be played out in very harsh and competitive circumstances...surely they deserve our critical support rather than a blanket " they are just not good enough" neither is the Manager, or the DOF or the Owners....its frankly pathetic and it's an opinion that is not worth listening to.
I sense pride in what Sir Les and JFH are attempting to achieve here, I think I hear it from
the players, with very little adjustment QPR could be unbeaten so far this year, it's easy with hindsight to see how and why....JFH and the Players will learn from both Barnsley and Preston, fitness and attitude will allow them to succeed or fail.....bring it On!
The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:23 - Aug 23 with 1683 viewsbrad

give JFH a chance!!fu*k sake!!.......... 4 games in!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024