Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clock is ticking for JFH 21:46 - Aug 20 with 21037 viewsRangers67

That is the second of the three strikes I am prepared to give you sunshine. That was up there amongst the top 3 worst performances I have witnessed from an R,s team. I personally see absolutely no improvement in the team since this bloke took over from the previous clown, so Jimmy get it sorted soon mate or you will be out. No tactics, no idea what to do from set pieces and Jimmy doing a more than passable impression of his predecessor by standing on the sideline staring into space. If most of the crowd could see after 5 mins that we weren't,t at the races yet he stood there and did nothing , what does that say about the chosen one.
Embarrassing
The clock is ticking for JFH on 15:16 - Aug 29 with 1756 viewsmartincook

The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:45 - Aug 29 by daveinmelbourne

I loved that Venables team, and no I'm not making a direct comparison between Venables and Hasselbaink, you can't. My point is that Hasselbaink gets enough TIME to build the team how he wants it, enough with all this bullsh it about 'three strikes sunshine' etc.
Venables (in my eyes) was a genius and dramatically improved the team, Hasselbaink has also improved his team, not as dramatically I'll give you that but then he's not Venables!
Again my point is TIME, and giving Hasselbaink enough of it.

As for the dig about not watching Hasselbaink's team, there's enough streams floating about as well as watching the game in full on the clubs website the next day anyway.

I agree, he needs time and it's unreasonable to compare him with Venables. And like you, I have to watch on the internet, too. It would be interesting to hear the view of anyone who is able to go to matches regularly: which former Manager could we compare him with?
The clock is ticking for JFH on 15:22 - Aug 29 with 1746 viewskensalriser

I think Jimmy's thing is sorting out the basics: get the defence tight and the midfield in order, be disciplined, keep shape, be hard to beat. Not much room for flair yet, but it's like building a house - get the roof on and the windows in before you start on the interior.

The Preston game was a warning of how it can go wrong, though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 15:47 - Aug 29 with 1719 viewsNorthernr

The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:34 - Aug 29 by RangersDave

I for one am giving JFH a fair chance this season.
After years of being disappointed by managerial choice and performance, I wasn't happy last year with the choice of JImmy Jimmy, but this season I've thought....feckit lets see what develops.

Having been at Wigan on Saturday I was mortified to see lump ball, square ball, back pass ball, no first to the ball, no speed in the team, so decent passes, no proper running into spaces and no changes by the manager.

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased we won, but we could have been 2-0 down by half time.

Wigan played with 2 wide players, who were given room to roam. We never kept anyone on the half way like to keep 2 players back marking him, therefore any attack by Wigan was 10 against 10 rather than 8 against 9.

Our lack of speed was atrocious. Do we not have any in our team? Or was it a tired team again?
Getting to the ball first was almost non existent, as was the nerve to take a shot instead opting for back passes or careful build up passes across field to end up another back pass.

No one seemed to have the ability or guile to take a man on and go for a run.......or should that be a huff and puff?

Not sure to be honest. Early days etc etc, but how many times have we said that? I think we need to see how we stand around November really. But I'm hoping for the best.

Cheers
Dave

And for all that, Wigan with their wonderful free flowing wide players managed just one shot on target in the whole game against QPR and their mortifyingly bad side.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:16 - Aug 29 with 1637 viewsEsox_Lucius

The clock is ticking for JFH on 14:11 - Aug 22 by A40Bosh

"But there is no reason on earth we can't be more frugal at this level and STILL be successful-no reason at all. Accepting that living within our means in effect leaves us low performers on the pitch is the kind of defeatism that could pose a threat to our future survival. I hate to use the word in a football sense, but we need leadership with the philosophy that says hang the tiny wage bill, we are going to be the chuffing dog's gonads every time we cross the line. No excuses if we're not. Plenty of examples showing you can be successful doing this as long as the manager and the players stand squarely behind it."

A thoughtful post, but a couple of things about the above paragraph. I don't disagree with the principle behind that winning mentality sentiment, but it depends on how long you give any club, team or manager to be success and what the "success criteria" is for being successful.

I don't think we have been successful since that day against Leeds in May 2011 when we won the league, avoided the Ale Faurlin points deduction and won the league fair and square with NW and his core of Kenny - Hill - Derry . No massive spending at least when compared to what was to come. Everything since then has been proving how much we are actually not successful. The stupid intervening years of buying our initial scraped survival, and scraping in to the play off final for promotion with an underperforming team of overpaid Premier League has beens .

Last year was a lesson in proving that you can't do a quick fix on the team, you can't simply get rid of an expensive manager, put a much cheaper talented coach who has no management experience in the league, and expect miracles. So as patience was lost with CR because Uncle Tone wants us back in the big bucks league, so he then told Les to tell JFH, you get the rest of this season to sort it out but next year we want up because this season is the end of the Sky money.

Unfortunately for Uncle Tone the worst thing he has done was to put Lee Hoos in to balance the books and by the looks of it Tony from above and Les and JFH from below are wanting promotion at any cost but as far as LH is concerned, not on my watch!

So, regardless of how much positivity you try to bring and a never say die attitude, I think this is going to be another painful season full of ups and downs because the current crop of recruits are coming pretty much from our level or below and are being brought in to develop and as Les has pointed out, you bring players in knowing there is a strong risk they wont work, at least not straight away.

Total Success to me this year would be a strong top 6 finish based on a greater number of games with us playing good football and a few scraped 1-0s combined with some shock home defeats along the way.

Success to me would be a top 10 finish, playing better football as the season progresses, new players (a la Washington) making their mark, a settled regular team with Smithies reverting back to his first Green replacement form. And, no FFP penalties hanging over us and with youth team players coming through. Ned as 3rd choice CB and back up RB with a proper right back brought in this window.

4 games in, very early doors.

Kenny, Hill & Derry the core of the promotions side? Risible, Try Taarabt, Routledge & Walker, they had far more impact on games and were the reason our defence was so little troubled that season. You compounded your error with decrying Chief in the current team; statistically one of the best defenders in this league and well respected by his fellow players. Seems it's just the fans who have a problem with him.

The grass is always greener.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:59 - Aug 29 with 1574 viewsWatford_Ranger

The clock is ticking for JFH on 17:16 - Aug 29 by Esox_Lucius

Kenny, Hill & Derry the core of the promotions side? Risible, Try Taarabt, Routledge & Walker, they had far more impact on games and were the reason our defence was so little troubled that season. You compounded your error with decrying Chief in the current team; statistically one of the best defenders in this league and well respected by his fellow players. Seems it's just the fans who have a problem with him.

All the players you mention were excellent that season for their parts. Kenny was POTY and rightly so. The save he made from Yakubu at home to Leicester was as skilful as anything Taarabt did.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 21:16 - Aug 29 with 1485 viewsPommyhoop

The clock is ticking for JFH on 13:53 - Aug 23 by stansleftfoot

It should also be remembered Venables ripped up the football pitch, wrote a book called they used to play on grass and subsequently the ball hardly touched our new plastic pitch, equally we played a cynical breed of off-side that drew endless condemnation from football writes on Sunday morning.
This is without a doubt the toughest and most competitive league, for those with ambitions or with hopes to return to the Premiership it's a journey that threatens bankruptcy, humiliation and usually failure. For those who just want to remain in the division the same can apply or worse.
All the Clubs are threatened with Chinese or other eastern takeover and there lies any number of awful outcomes.
QPR are in a good place, we have realistic ambitions, we are aiming for some financial sobriety and sustainable business activity. Our losses will become manageable for our owners who seem to have adopted Hoo's as their advisor alongside Ferdinand and JFH.
As to JFH's quality, we can only wait and see, Football Managers are by nature failures, the nature of the competition and the job means that coaches and or Managers have little effect on actual results until you get to the top dogs, Jose, Conte, and whoever else is flavour of the month. Wenger is a failure! That's the measure of English Football....how can JFH be any different?
I'm enjoying watch JFH find his feet while the Club makes great progress at a Community level, I've never been embarrassed by QPR as a Club....that has changed but I'm beginning to forget and therefore beginning to forgive, however the juvenile, childish posturing of the new social media friendly fans do embarrass me. Of Course they have a right to an opinion, but sadly an opinion that postures a position of failure due to losing two football matches is hardly one of any merit or interest.....why bother...I suggest we all stop responding to these people and try and remember why we are proud of QPR and why, in the past, our fans where respected for their level of support balanced by a knowledge of great football.
Bowles, Givens, Francis, Thomas, Marsh, Currie these are players created and utilised by this Club, do we not recognise Sodipo, Cheri, Polter, Mass, Hall and others as being part of an ethos that admires skill attempting to be played out in very harsh and competitive circumstances...surely they deserve our critical support rather than a blanket " they are just not good enough" neither is the Manager, or the DOF or the Owners....its frankly pathetic and it's an opinion that is not worth listening to.
I sense pride in what Sir Les and JFH are attempting to achieve here, I think I hear it from
the players, with very little adjustment QPR could be unbeaten so far this year, it's easy with hindsight to see how and why....JFH and the Players will learn from both Barnsley and Preston, fitness and attitude will allow them to succeed or fail.....bring it On!

That's a bloody good post Sir !

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The clock is ticking for JFH on 22:54 - Aug 29 with 1444 viewsRangers67

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:47 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Surprise surprise, as QPR record a second away win of the season before the end of August (only managed four all of last season) no sign of the OP or several others.

Can't for the life of me work out why, but I swear there are QPR fans who want it to go wrong this season, either because they don't like Ferdinand, don't like JFH, want us to go back to buying Chris Samba for £12m or because they want to come on message boards and Twitter and say they were right.

OP here, just to say that unlike some (you) I have a life outside this site. Didn't go to Wigan away but if DWQPR is to be believed it was more uninspiring stuff. Granted a welcome away win and I applaud the team for that but you like many others have made the mistake of assuming I want results above all else, wrong again ! I have been a QPR fan long enough to know the nature of this unique football club and I am not expecting us to be running away with the league. But it is more to do with the style of football we are playing and the managers team selection and tactics that are plainly wrong that bothers me. Compounded by either his inability or unwillingness to change things when we are getting a going over is what I don,t understand. Lastly because someone disagrees with your view doesn't,t mean they want QPR to fail , take time to think about how stupid that statement is and maybe you will come to your senses.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 01:21 - Aug 30 with 1369 viewsdaveinmelbourne

The clock is ticking for JFH on 15:16 - Aug 29 by martincook

I agree, he needs time and it's unreasonable to compare him with Venables. And like you, I have to watch on the internet, too. It would be interesting to hear the view of anyone who is able to go to matches regularly: which former Manager could we compare him with?

By crikey, I loved watching that Venables side! They could be as cynical as hell, but so effective,eh?! I don't know about you but I'll always remember that 2-0 win at Highbury, if I remember correctly it was a cold foggy day and Stewart and Fenwick scored, I know Arsenal weren't great at the time, but Rangers were so totally dominant. Lovely stuff. 😀
Login to get fewer ads

The clock is ticking for JFH on 01:43 - Aug 30 with 1359 viewsDylanP

The clock is ticking for JFH on 11:47 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Surprise surprise, as QPR record a second away win of the season before the end of August (only managed four all of last season) no sign of the OP or several others.

Can't for the life of me work out why, but I swear there are QPR fans who want it to go wrong this season, either because they don't like Ferdinand, don't like JFH, want us to go back to buying Chris Samba for £12m or because they want to come on message boards and Twitter and say they were right.

It not just this season, its every season. Some people just aren't happy unless they are moaning about something. Its just particularly annoying right now coz there really is no excuse -- the team is playing well and doing all the things that everyone demanded;building gradually rather than trying to buy success; uncovering raw talent from the lower divisions and developing it; patiently developing the squad; playing high energy. committed football where everyone leaves everything out there on the field; and so on. We sit in 5th place after just five games. True, its much too soon to be passing judgement, but it is hard to be disappointed with 5th place, especially after three away games and two at home. But, like I said, some just love to whine. It is their jam, so to speak, and no amount of success or doing things the right way is going to change that.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 21:58]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The clock is ticking for JFH on 02:56 - Aug 30 with 1346 viewsRType

I wonder if all those being negative would have the same opinion if it was Warnock managing this team in the same way. I suspect with Neil in charge there would be more credit to "building a team" and "grinding out results" and such like. I think JFH is doing a fine job, and am encouraged by the direction and purpose in how the club is doing things these days both on and off the pitch. I'm just baffled by some peoples expectations.
The clock is ticking for JFH on 02:58 - Aug 30 with 1345 viewsMatch82

The clock is ticking for JFH on 01:43 - Aug 30 by DylanP

It not just this season, its every season. Some people just aren't happy unless they are moaning about something. Its just particularly annoying right now coz there really is no excuse -- the team is playing well and doing all the things that everyone demanded;building gradually rather than trying to buy success; uncovering raw talent from the lower divisions and developing it; patiently developing the squad; playing high energy. committed football where everyone leaves everything out there on the field; and so on. We sit in 5th place after just five games. True, its much too soon to be passing judgement, but it is hard to be disappointed with 5th place, especially after three away games and two at home. But, like I said, some just love to whine. It is their jam, so to speak, and no amount of success or doing things the right way is going to change that.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 21:58]

Yeah, but y'know, fck em
Some people are always looking for negatives. If you're not happy with the way the club is being run now compared to the last few years then you never will be. Not worth wasting the energy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024