Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you do not like to see . . . 14:12 - Aug 22 with 13206 viewsCFW

I will start off by saying I really do not like to see Women who smoke roll ups, neck tattoo's , old men with pony tails and young children dressed like their parents.

Also add losing at home to a team that had not yet won a game!!!
Things you do not like to see . . . on 18:02 - Aug 23 with 2018 viewsjohncharles

Things you do not like to see . . . on 15:24 - Aug 23 by Cliff

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/out-control-dog-bites-dad-8571488
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37004515
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/boy_bitten_by_staffordshire_bull_terrier_in_bury_st_e
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/guildford-dog-owner-sentenced-after-
http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/staffordshire-bull-terrier-attack-left-retired-busin

All of these stories are from the first page of a Google search on Staffordshire bull terrier and then clicking on the "News" page. They all relate to stories in August which isn't even over yet. I haven't read them all but the ones I did read didn't mention Vaseline or small spaces.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2016 15:25]

And if you looked up Ford Fiesta and road accidents you would get the same kind of result because there are more Fiestas than any other car and there are more Staffies than any other dog.
Shallow sensational headlines don't mean a thing. I'm surprised you consider this to be some sort of "evidence"
No, I don't have a Staffie, never have.

Strong and stable my arse.

Things you do not like to see . . . on 18:21 - Aug 23 with 2011 viewssuperstan

Things you do not like to see . . . on 15:06 - Aug 23 by Cliff

Now I don't know you so I obviously don't mean any of this as a personal attack but...

1. "I am 57 years old not a Neanderthal", since when did these become mutually exclusive?, and

2. My dog has never "shown any aggression to dog or human", so all of that breed must be fine then?

All of which brings me to one of my gripes, people who use the statistics of one as an argument in a problem. You know the type who will say "my dad/mum/uncle/... smoked 60 a day and lived until he was 93" as a justification for smoking. The fact is smoking kills a lot of people, but not all, in the same way that a lot of Staffordshire bull terriers are a menace -but not all, and I'm yet to be convinced that it an owner/trainer issue rather than the luck of the draw.

No you don't know me or my dog and the analogy I will use is that every car is a potential killing machine but in the right hands they are fine, put idiots behind the wheel and deaths occur doesn't mean cars should be taken off the road.
Things you do not like to see . . . on 01:04 - Aug 24 with 1926 viewsCliff

Things you do not like to see . . . on 18:02 - Aug 23 by johncharles

And if you looked up Ford Fiesta and road accidents you would get the same kind of result because there are more Fiestas than any other car and there are more Staffies than any other dog.
Shallow sensational headlines don't mean a thing. I'm surprised you consider this to be some sort of "evidence"
No, I don't have a Staffie, never have.

Talking of evidence can you please provide a source for your statement that there are more Staffies than any other dog?
Things you do not like to see . . . on 01:06 - Aug 24 with 1925 viewsCliff

Things you do not like to see . . . on 18:21 - Aug 23 by superstan

No you don't know me or my dog and the analogy I will use is that every car is a potential killing machine but in the right hands they are fine, put idiots behind the wheel and deaths occur doesn't mean cars should be taken off the road.

I thoroughly agree, but then when I leave my car outside in the street with no one in control I'm fairly confident that it won't kill a toddler ....
Things you do not like to see . . . on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 1839 viewsizlingtonhoop

Things you do not like to see . . . on 01:04 - Aug 24 by Cliff

Talking of evidence can you please provide a source for your statement that there are more Staffies than any other dog?

I too was interested in that assertion.

A bit of internetery and sure enough most statistics list Labradors, Cockers, Borders and Shepherds out in front. Surprised me (not really) cos round here visual evidence would lead one to suspect whippets with little neckerchiefs were the only dog available.

Anyway, one site noted that theses stats are based on registered animals, and had Staffordshires in about fourth and (and I paraphrase) said if you took into account unregistered animals they might well prove the most popular...

I can't be ars ed to find it. But it's out there...
Things you do not like to see . . . on 11:44 - Aug 24 with 1802 viewsjohncharles

Things you do not like to see . . . on 11:30 - Aug 24 by izlingtonhoop

I too was interested in that assertion.

A bit of internetery and sure enough most statistics list Labradors, Cockers, Borders and Shepherds out in front. Surprised me (not really) cos round here visual evidence would lead one to suspect whippets with little neckerchiefs were the only dog available.

Anyway, one site noted that theses stats are based on registered animals, and had Staffordshires in about fourth and (and I paraphrase) said if you took into account unregistered animals they might well prove the most popular...

I can't be ars ed to find it. But it's out there...

Did you look up how many Ford Fiestas are on the road ? I'm probably wrong about that as well.
Okay, so I should have said there's an awful lot of Staffies and Ford Fiestas ............
I wasn't expecting to be scrutinised by the NSO.
A point about registered dogs. I would guess that the majority of dogs in this country are not registered.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 11:59]

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:02 - Aug 24 with 1768 viewsbob566

Things you do not like to see . . . on 11:44 - Aug 24 by johncharles

Did you look up how many Ford Fiestas are on the road ? I'm probably wrong about that as well.
Okay, so I should have said there's an awful lot of Staffies and Ford Fiestas ............
I wasn't expecting to be scrutinised by the NSO.
A point about registered dogs. I would guess that the majority of dogs in this country are not registered.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 11:59]

my neighbour has a bull terrier of some sort. Couldn't tell you if its English, American but it's absolutely massive. It jumps up against my wall and you can see the power in the thing. It scares the absolute bajesus out of me. He seems a good natured dog but I have two kids and I'm always nervous of the dog when he's out the front.

My opinion is that the dog should be muzzled as soon as he goes out the front door.

Do I feel the same about collies or Labradors? Definitely not.

The point is that I reckon my kids would stand a chance of pushing away a Labrador, collie or cocker spaniel. I'm not so sure they could push away the terrier next door.
Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:12 - Aug 24 with 1758 viewsjohncharles

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:02 - Aug 24 by bob566

my neighbour has a bull terrier of some sort. Couldn't tell you if its English, American but it's absolutely massive. It jumps up against my wall and you can see the power in the thing. It scares the absolute bajesus out of me. He seems a good natured dog but I have two kids and I'm always nervous of the dog when he's out the front.

My opinion is that the dog should be muzzled as soon as he goes out the front door.

Do I feel the same about collies or Labradors? Definitely not.

The point is that I reckon my kids would stand a chance of pushing away a Labrador, collie or cocker spaniel. I'm not so sure they could push away the terrier next door.

I totally agree with you. As you say the dog is a mixture of breeds and therefore not registered.all dogs above a certain weight should registered and muzzled and kept on a lead in public. As for some dogs be less dangerous than others......I've had Border Collies all my life and some of them have been right buggers. The most aggressive dog I've ever owned however was believe it or not, a Golden Retriever.

Login to get fewer ads

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:24 - Aug 24 with 1738 viewslave16

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:12 - Aug 24 by johncharles

I totally agree with you. As you say the dog is a mixture of breeds and therefore not registered.all dogs above a certain weight should registered and muzzled and kept on a lead in public. As for some dogs be less dangerous than others......I've had Border Collies all my life and some of them have been right buggers. The most aggressive dog I've ever owned however was believe it or not, a Golden Retriever.

drivers stopping the car then turning on their indicator...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:38 - Aug 24 with 1721 viewsR_from_afar

Things you do not like to see . . . on 08:29 - Aug 23 by paulparker

I must be the only one then who finds Tattoos on women quite appealing ?

I hate to see the fcuking Chelsea div who lives round the corner from me park his van on the corner of the street so no fcuker can see what's coming round the corner
every morning I play Russian roulette by trying to get my car round this blind spot
on Sunday I had a couple of stellas and as I was walking home I wiped the biggest dirtiest bogey on the front of this rsouls windscreen

also the phantom cra pper at work is at large again , every day I go in the bogs and some git has either left a floater the size of king kongs finger in there or p1ssed all over the seat whilst trimming his pubes , use the flush you kunt

oh and Mrs P , now im a bald sod these days which means I have to spend £2300 on some poxy Gillette razors just to wet shave my bonce, Mrs P thinks this is an excuse to shave her legs as in her words women razors are crap , I deliberately set a trap for her the other day like some bushtucker man and she took the bait hook line and sinker ,
listen woman I need my razors and they are expensive and your fcuking them up by shaving your legs , go and buy your own

I'm with you on the van parking thing. I had a crash because someone had parked a huge van on the side of the road at a busy T junction, on double yellow lines, meaning that anyone turning right was taking their life in their hands grrrr.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:59 - Aug 24 with 1678 viewshoops_legend

While I agree with 90% of the above aggravations. I would like to add those people who stand by and complain afterwards or just get angry about it and post on social media..

Why not stand up and be counted and stop people from doing so.. I am not talking about taking vigilante justice but simple ones like:

- 'people talking to loud at a gig that you can't hear the music' just ask them politely to be quiet...

- 'Adults littering' - Tell them to dispose of their goods properly and if they don't - perhaps even do it for them to prove a point)

- 'Feet on chairs' - Ask them to take them down of the seat

- 'People in supermarkets at till with what looks like 6 Months shopping unloading it ONE item @ a time.' - Ask them if they would like a hand

I do not mean tell these people in an angry way how to live their life but remain calm and suggest a solution and usually people feel embarrassed and might learn and over time we will all stop being so ANGRY!!!! :)
Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:12 - Aug 24 with 1662 viewsLongsufferingR

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:59 - Aug 24 by hoops_legend

While I agree with 90% of the above aggravations. I would like to add those people who stand by and complain afterwards or just get angry about it and post on social media..

Why not stand up and be counted and stop people from doing so.. I am not talking about taking vigilante justice but simple ones like:

- 'people talking to loud at a gig that you can't hear the music' just ask them politely to be quiet...

- 'Adults littering' - Tell them to dispose of their goods properly and if they don't - perhaps even do it for them to prove a point)

- 'Feet on chairs' - Ask them to take them down of the seat

- 'People in supermarkets at till with what looks like 6 Months shopping unloading it ONE item @ a time.' - Ask them if they would like a hand

I do not mean tell these people in an angry way how to live their life but remain calm and suggest a solution and usually people feel embarrassed and might learn and over time we will all stop being so ANGRY!!!! :)

I do regularly politely point things like that out to people. 30 years ago, you would have got a "sorry,mate". These days most of the time you either get a stream of abuse or threats of violence.
Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:15 - Aug 24 with 1652 viewsR_from_afar

War, suffering, hatred, greed, arrogance, wheel clamps...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 1621 viewsA40Bosh

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:12 - Aug 24 by LongsufferingR

I do regularly politely point things like that out to people. 30 years ago, you would have got a "sorry,mate". These days most of the time you either get a stream of abuse or threats of violence.

+1

As I complained about the litter louts I will give you two examples because as long ago as they happened the reaction of the perps has stayed with me.

Years ago I was walking up from Brook Green to The Bush and there was a row of shops with a chipper and two women with push chairs were stood outside in the sun obviously finishing off chips. One of them screwed up the paper and then just let it drop at her feet - now what got me was that she was standing 10cms (yes centimetres) away from the council bin beside the chipper and she could not even be bothered to put it in there.
So as I approached I stopped, looked down at the wrapper, picked it up, said, "don't worry love, let me put in in for you" and exaggerated stretching out and dropping it all the way in to the bin. Now, what got me about her reaction was that she looked at her friend and then at me with a totally bemused expression that meant she did not understand that I was being sarcastic and giving out about her being a litter lout. It obviously did not occur to her that many people do actually use the bins that are provided.

Second one was local to me a couple of years back and two blokes in their 20s are sat in a BM outside the local shops and again (genuinely) the council bin was right in front of their car and all they had to do was to get out, take about 5 steps to the bin. Again perfect timing, I am walking to the shops from behind their car as one of them simply flings a load of Greggs bags and sandwich box out of his window on to the service road. So I bent down as I walked past picked them up and said "don't worry mate I got it for you" and all I got to my back was "Fhuck You!" at the top of his voice.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:33 - Aug 24 with 1598 viewsDorse

Things you do not like to see . . . on 12:12 - Aug 24 by johncharles

I blame the owners - it's about training. I take it very seriously and neither of my two goldfish have ever bitten anyone.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:43 - Aug 24 with 1583 viewsjohncharles

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:33 - Aug 24 by Dorse

I blame the owners - it's about training. I take it very seriously and neither of my two goldfish have ever bitten anyone.

Don't bring your slippers though do they ?

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 1583 viewsMick_S

I got savaged by my rabbit last night - no kidding, it ripped my arm to shreds. Thickest pet we've ever had.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:53 - Aug 24 with 1557 viewsCliff

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:44 - Aug 24 by Mick_S

I got savaged by my rabbit last night - no kidding, it ripped my arm to shreds. Thickest pet we've ever had.

Hopefully it wasn't one of these ones:
Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 1537 viewsMick_S

Things you do not like to see . . . on 13:53 - Aug 24 by Cliff

Hopefully it wasn't one of these ones:

That's just creepy.

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 1513 viewsLongsufferingR

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:03 - Aug 24 by Mick_S

That's just creepy.

...and the rabbit looks weird as well.
Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:17 - Aug 24 with 1510 viewsMick_S

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:15 - Aug 24 by LongsufferingR

...and the rabbit looks weird as well.

That's not the bake off lady, is it?

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:22 - Aug 24 with 1499 viewsJuzzie

Things you do not like to see . . . on 15:04 - Aug 22 by kensalriser

Taking that a step further, people who throw stuff out of moving cars, particularly still-burning fag butts.

Flash cnt in his convertible BMW parked up in Sainsbury's, opens his door and empties out the contents of his footwell onto the ground and drives off. Dustbin 10ft away.

These people (inc woman dropping cake box) should legally be allowed to be shot.

(Well, send them t the USA as that'll happen one way or another anyway.)

Anyone in a Chelsea shirt

As autumn approaches and roads get wetter and dirtier, watch out for all the gormless tw@ts with mud all over the back of their car which 'conviniently' obscures the number plate. "Sorry officer, I didn't realise". Not that their are any patrol cars about which is why they do it.

Same gormless drives who only have their DRL's on at night not realising their tail lights aren't on. Partly the fault of manufactures that allows the dashboard to be lit up when the DRL's are on but IMO the dash should only be illuminated when full lights (not inc. side-lights) are on.

Not just young kids dressing as their parents but particularly pre-pubescent girls looking like little sluts...... whilst out with their parents. Jeezus wept, do they just want their kids to be raped by a peadeo?

Scooter riders with their headlights on full beam. Fk off you cnt, use dipped beam like everyone else.

Anyone in a Chelsea shirt, particularly in west Kensington while there's a game on 1/2 mile away. Go to the game you bandwagon jumping cnt.

Van drivers using the 'meccano' bridge that goes over the Hogarth roundabout in west London. I PMSL when they get pulled over by the old bill waiting for them at the other end!

Anyone in a Chelsea shirt
Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:23 - Aug 24 with 1491 viewsLongsufferingR

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:17 - Aug 24 by Mick_S

That's not the bake off lady, is it?

Can't see her right hand so I think she might be the .... off lady.
Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 1466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kids not belted-in and hopping all over the back of a car. Words fail me...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 1455 viewslave16

Things you do not like to see . . . on 14:43 - Aug 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Kids not belted-in and hopping all over the back of a car. Words fail me...

read that quickly and it read "kids not being belted"

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024