Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you, should you 18:06 - Aug 22 with 911 viewsBoston

...go to a Black Sabbath gig after not seeing them for nigh on forty years? Been offered a ticket, but to think of all that racket when I could be home with my slippers on and a bottle of India Pale Ale.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Would you, should you on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 882 viewsSonofNorfolt

Worth seeing for Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi not Ozzy.
Would you, should you on 19:22 - Aug 22 with 865 viewsAitch

As it's a farewell tour they should have Bill Ward on drums. As they haven't I'd stick with my memories of seeing the original line-up and the CDs.

Norfolt is right about Butler & Iommi. The guv'nors.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Would you, should you on 19:30 - Aug 22 with 852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yes

I don't know much about Black Sabbath but I reversed a rule on Thursday of not going to see past heroes and was delighted. In my case it was Grandaddy in Vicar Street in Dublin, but my advice is take a chance. Even if they're not as good as they were then it won't ruin your memories of past glories.

Go for it, Boston.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Would you, should you on 21:49 - Aug 22 with 792 viewsToast_R

Would you, should you on 19:22 - Aug 22 by Aitch

As it's a farewell tour they should have Bill Ward on drums. As they haven't I'd stick with my memories of seeing the original line-up and the CDs.

Norfolt is right about Butler & Iommi. The guv'nors.

I dont think Bill can do live shows anymore due to poor health and problems with his heart.

They're almost a tribute act of themselves these days. Iommi still worth watching but Ozzy, I can only imagine he's a mere shadow of a the man doing the iconic California jam where he's stealing the show with Children of the Grave etc.

Worth one final gig though. I went to see Queen with Paul Rodgers in 2008 - it was nowhere near a Queen or Free gig in their hey day but it had its moments. The final couple of songs played to a back drop of the photos of the bands doing their thing back in the day and of course Bohemian Rhapsody live with footage Freddie singing, was quite moving.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 22:06]
Would you, should you on 02:05 - Aug 23 with 712 viewsMatch82

Saw the "21st century" Doors about ten years ago at Wembley. Was in my all time top 5 gigs for sure even though obviously no Morrison. So for me i'd say go for it.
Would you, should you on 19:42 - Aug 23 with 625 viewsDanVanDyke

If nothing else, go for the support, Rival Sons. Fantastic band, saw them last year and they were absolutely amazing. Winning lots of accolades in the Rock scene.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024