Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! 06:54 - Aug 23 with 15902 viewsdavman

My success at starting the Leeds match thread has encouraged me to have another go! It's early doors so that I could post up a team prediction. JFH has started to play the "tired" card, so I expect a disappointing team made up of mainly kids who will, ultimately not make it at QPR.

1-2 defeat.

Possible team :
Ingram
Perch
Hall (punishment for getting sent off)
Kpekawa
Robinson (if he actually exists anymore)
Borysiuk
Cousins
Oladipo
Petrasso
El Khayti
Washington

Not sure that would be enough to beat an up for it, settled team like Rochdale.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 15:03 - Aug 23 with 2512 viewsSimonJames

With just a few days before the transfer window slams shut a cunning manager (who wants a few more through the door) might be tempted to put out a team that looks tired and short of ideas...

I think he'll rest Smithies, BFG, Chery and anyone carrying injuries from last Saturday.
Hall will be back and everyone else needs to learn by playing together in real matches and have lighter training sessions for the rest of the week.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 15:06 - Aug 23 with 2513 viewsjohncharles

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 13:33 - Aug 23 by Jigsore

jesus christ

He's on the bench. Might need him if there's a swirling wind.

Strong and stable my arse.

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 15:16 - Aug 23 with 2493 viewseghamranger

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 12:17 - Aug 23 by simmo

The Surname itself is annoying.....
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 15:24 - Aug 23 with 2484 viewspaulparker

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 15:06 - Aug 23 by johncharles

He's on the bench. Might need him if there's a swirling wind.

yeah but he is no good on crosses

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 17:00 - Aug 23 with 2393 viewsdavman

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 15:24 - Aug 23 by paulparker

yeah but he is no good on crosses

...and that took 18 minutes to get that reply. Really, people, really????

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 17:48 - Aug 23 with 2319 viewsrsonist

Looking forward to seeing how Borysiuk does. As bad as we were on Saturday at least we may have some solutions already on the books.
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 18:45 - Aug 23 with 2248 viewsaston_hoop

Sandro starts. fck that.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2016 18:46]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 18:57 - Aug 23 with 2168 viewsDorse

I'm out tonight so I'll just post this now, while I remember: AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:07 - Aug 23 with 2120 viewsjohncharles

I see Sandro's name there. Does that include his knees ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:18 - Aug 23 with 2039 viewsBlue_Castello

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 18:45 - Aug 23 by aston_hoop

Sandro starts. fck that.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2016 18:46]

Agreed but then what else do we do with the liability, we desperately want his wages off the books so he needs to be sold.

Nobody is prepared to buy him because he's a sick note who has reportedly failed a medical even though he's disputing the issue we all know he's knees buggered.

By picking him just maybe somebody might buy him because they have seen him play and if not then reluctantly I would include him in the squad as we are paying his humongous salary so we might as well get some return on our investment.
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:24 - Aug 23 with 1992 viewsaston_hoop

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:18 - Aug 23 by Blue_Castello

Agreed but then what else do we do with the liability, we desperately want his wages off the books so he needs to be sold.

Nobody is prepared to buy him because he's a sick note who has reportedly failed a medical even though he's disputing the issue we all know he's knees buggered.

By picking him just maybe somebody might buy him because they have seen him play and if not then reluctantly I would include him in the squad as we are paying his humongous salary so we might as well get some return on our investment.

The last thing I would do is actually play him so that he's injured before the transfer window closes!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:33 - Aug 23 with 1923 viewsvegasranger

Can't believe we are starting with only 3 offensive players at home against Rochdale. Washington up front on his own playing a role that he proved on a few occasions not to suit him.
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:33 - Aug 23 with 1923 viewsRickyDicky

Sandro....wtf

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:38 - Aug 23 with 1881 viewsBlue_Castello

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:24 - Aug 23 by aston_hoop

The last thing I would do is actually play him so that he's injured before the transfer window closes!

Fair point but nobody wants him or he would have gone by now, my guess is Les and Lee are hoping by playing him will get him in the shop window and show his fitness level, which may just prompt somebody to make an offer, it's all a gamble........
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:39 - Aug 23 with 1870 viewsBrazilNutR

I am actually really pleased to see Sandro involved.. I think he is genuinly desperate to play, and loves the game.. Can~t blame him that he has some injury problems and Harry signed him to massive wages.. The guy has genuine quality (or had) if we can't sell him on, then surely we should be trying to squeeze as much game time out of him both to help us and to keep him in the shop window.
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:41 - Aug 23 with 1769 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not a bad team. Where do we think Kakay will play?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:41 - Aug 23 with 1769 viewsdistortR

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:33 - Aug 23 by RickyDicky

Sandro....wtf

why not? doubt we are going to be able to get rid of him, so we might as well use him. I imagine his wages are a real stumbling block in getting in new players while sticking to a budget. Drum it into him, if he wants a move he's got to prove himself to potential suitors.
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:43 - Aug 23 with 1743 viewsbosh67

Is Petrasso injured?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:46 - Aug 23 with 1707 viewskarl

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:33 - Aug 23 by vegasranger

Can't believe we are starting with only 3 offensive players at home against Rochdale. Washington up front on his own playing a role that he proved on a few occasions not to suit him.

My view is that most teams nowadays don't overload with players specifically labeled as attackers but that the good squads can adapt their shape to suit the opposition. In a game like this i'd want the fullbacks high up the pitch allowing the wide midfielders to come inside and support the front man, making a defensive 4-5-1 (against a good team) into a kind of 2-4-3-1.
Do we have the fullbacks for this? It seems atm we don't going by the reports and Onuaha's history but hopefully its where we're heading
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:50 - Aug 23 with 1657 viewsdistortR

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:46 - Aug 23 by karl

My view is that most teams nowadays don't overload with players specifically labeled as attackers but that the good squads can adapt their shape to suit the opposition. In a game like this i'd want the fullbacks high up the pitch allowing the wide midfielders to come inside and support the front man, making a defensive 4-5-1 (against a good team) into a kind of 2-4-3-1.
Do we have the fullbacks for this? It seems atm we don't going by the reports and Onuaha's history but hopefully its where we're heading

wtf, you've changed! 2 weeks ago you were booting up to the big man! Have the orcadian f.a. got a p.r. firm writing your posts? What's happened to you, Karl? I know, somewhere deep inside, you're still there.....
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:51 - Aug 23 with 1641 viewskarl

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:50 - Aug 23 by distortR

wtf, you've changed! 2 weeks ago you were booting up to the big man! Have the orcadian f.a. got a p.r. firm writing your posts? What's happened to you, Karl? I know, somewhere deep inside, you're still there.....

Neil_S has hacked my account!
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:52 - Aug 23 with 1626 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh man - 1-0 down already.

Free header from a corner.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:52 - Aug 23 with 1623 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Well there you go...
Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:54 - Aug 23 with 1569 viewsconnell10

nice one rangers! free header again!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Match Thread - Rochdale CUP ROUND TWO!!!! on 19:54 - Aug 23 with 1564 viewskarl

I have to admit we have played an absolute 4-5-1, to stop conceding goals, and when you've done that dogmatically to then expect expansive football is unrealistic. JFH will probably be saying exactly the same?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024