Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo 23:21 - Aug 23 with 2993 viewsDWQPR

Just got back and I will say this kid was without doubt for me MOTM, he was at times a real delight to watch, terrorised their right back in the second half, got some great crosses on, just using his pace to get past defenders without resorting to unnecessary tricks and was unlucky not to get a goal from a decent goalkeeping save from a one on one. He really does need to play on Saturday as he gives us much greater width and the lad Kakay on the right wasn't far behind, should be pleased with his debut.

Also pleasing to see was Borysuik who looks a very tidy player in the middle of the park and he was a my assisted by that other new player, Sandra I think his name is, got through 90 minutes at a canter. All in all a very enjoyable game of football and it was called off by me meeting one of my musical heroes, Mick Jones, thanks Mick for spending a couple of minutes talking to a middle aged star struck idiot, you are a real gentleman. Would be lovely to hear him on the QPR Podcast.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Shodipo on 23:29 - Aug 23 with 2924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great to hear a report. Thanks DW. Sounds like you had a cracker of a night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Shodipo on 23:32 - Aug 23 with 2898 viewsted_hendrix

I liked the look of Borysuik, agree with you on Shopido too, I liked the look of their ginger bloke in the first half No 27 very composed on the ball and he made some cracking passes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shodipo on 23:35 - Aug 23 with 2879 viewsdaveB

I was also really impressed with Shodipo, great pace and skiil and tore his full back apart, unlucky not to score as well. Looked very promising.

Was a dull game but we played ok, good to see a few kids get a game. I thought Ned looked dire again at centre half, the Polish fella was decent and liked a tackle. The two wide players made it worth turning up for.

Sandro was either good or possibly found his level, not sure which one it was.
Shodipo on 07:27 - Aug 24 with 2347 viewsRoller

I really liked the look of Borysiuk, both he and Kakay made excellent debuts.

Unbelievably, there were some around me moaning when Shodipo lost the ball trying to turn his man. I would have to agree that he did try the same trick too often, but when it worked he was away and threatening.
Shodipo on 08:37 - Aug 24 with 2121 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't normally go to these cup exits but I am glad I went.
What I didn't enjoy was the ridiculously cramped seats in SAR. I now know why we stand over in R Block!
Shodipo on 08:48 - Aug 24 with 2072 viewssimmo

We really need a LW so we can put Ngbokoto on the right. With no inexpensive alternative on the horizon I am more than happy with Shodipo being that man

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Shodipo on 08:54 - Aug 24 with 2043 viewsbosh67

Anyone know if Petrasso is injured. He looked great when he played. Also we need to bring on Ryan Manning. He is doing well in the academy team and he is a proper left winger.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Shodipo on 08:58 - Aug 24 with 2011 viewsaston_hoop

What I've liked about him in the 2 short times I've seen him (Watford friendly and Leeds) is that he seems to not only be keen to take on his man but he also actually seems to have that extra sought after skill so sadly lacking in so many modern wingers in that he can actually put in a half decent cross! Polter will feed off those chances all season. Really hope he gets his chance and I really really hope that the crowds realise he is a teenager and it won't always be perfect, he will make mistakes and he will be naïve. Thats football development and we need to encourage him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo on 09:03 - Aug 24 with 1983 viewsMytch_QPR

Shodipo on 08:37 - Aug 24 by CroydonCaptJack

I don't normally go to these cup exits but I am glad I went.
What I didn't enjoy was the ridiculously cramped seats in SAR. I now know why we stand over in R Block!

Sounds as though I picked the wrong first match of the season (PNE) - have heard good things about Shodipo and pleased Ariel looking good so far. Does anyone know if highlights are about? - some joker hacked into the BBC mobile site and put down Sandro as goalscorer (twice)...
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 9:04]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Shodipo on 09:12 - Aug 24 with 1933 viewssimmo

Shodipo on 08:54 - Aug 24 by bosh67

Anyone know if Petrasso is injured. He looked great when he played. Also we need to bring on Ryan Manning. He is doing well in the academy team and he is a proper left winger.

Not sure where this view that Petrasso has done really well comes from, I have seen him 4/5 times now, some of which were starts and full 90mins and despite attempting to be direct he's not produced one thing of note by way of end product. No cross, no goal, no key passes... I think he needs at least one more loan but IMO I don't see the Championship as his level.

Shodipo on the other hand put in an absolute beauty of a cross within the first 5 mins of his home debut - it may just be the exuberance of youth being given a chance that he's playing without fear, but so far I have been impressed. It looks like he's doing the business in training too, according to his IG he scored 2 absolute worldies earlier this week.

Shodipo on 09:13 - Aug 24 with 1923 viewsBlue_Castello

Shodipo on 08:58 - Aug 24 by aston_hoop

What I've liked about him in the 2 short times I've seen him (Watford friendly and Leeds) is that he seems to not only be keen to take on his man but he also actually seems to have that extra sought after skill so sadly lacking in so many modern wingers in that he can actually put in a half decent cross! Polter will feed off those chances all season. Really hope he gets his chance and I really really hope that the crowds realise he is a teenager and it won't always be perfect, he will make mistakes and he will be naïve. Thats football development and we need to encourage him.

Agreed - I really thought he was good against Leeds, taking players on and as you say getting good crosses into the box.

Both Hoillett and Philips had got to the stage where they never even tried to get to the byline so would either cut inside or put in an early cross, which in Philips case had become very accurate but he was lacking in work rate and the confidence to try and beat his full back.

Shodipo looks exactly the type of winger we need, he's still very raw but needs game time to see if he can progress, even before the Preston game I was complaining he wasn't being given another chance, he looks far more comfortable on the left than the current alternatives.
Shodipo on 09:15 - Aug 24 with 1913 viewsE17hoop

Shodipo had a good game but needs to cross first time more often. He's not the biggest and gets knocked off the ball too often. With Polter in the middle he'd have someone to get on the end of early balls. Unlucky not to score in the second half and I thought he looked better on the right cutting in.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Shodipo on 09:50 - Aug 24 with 1813 viewsrichranger

I thought Kakay had a good game too. Is normally a right back, so gives us options in that position too. Makes the loaning out of Furlong seem more logical
Shodipo on 09:52 - Aug 24 with 1812 viewsLongsufferingR

I actually thought Kakay offered a lot more for the first hour both going forward and tracking back. Very impressed although taking into account the League One opposition. Shodipo seemed to get much more success in the last half hour and it would have been fantastic for him (and us) if he'd slotted away that one on one chance near the end.

Would definitely make us look less lopsided if he was to start on the left with Ngbakoto on the right on Saturday.
Shodipo on 10:03 - Aug 24 with 1771 viewsfrancisbowles

I've seen him a few times in friendlies and against Leeds and he shows great promise. Needs to be managed carefully ie. not exposed to anything that might set back his development. We need to give him chances to buid up his confidence gradually and protect him from the howls of derision that greet every mistake from the crowd especially when things are not going well. After all it hasn't gone very well with Furlong so far and there have been many others that have fulfilled their potential.

As for Petrasso, his development seems to have stalled. He was on the bench at Barnsley, unused, but seems to get few chances. I think he was late back to pre season probably because of his Canadian duties. These may well be a double edged sword giving him some games but not at a great standard whilst meaning he misses time away from his development at the club.
Shodipo on 10:18 - Aug 24 with 1715 viewsadhoc_qpr

It's great that after seemingly decades of having no youth teamers do anything in the first team, we've now had a number play meaningful minutes for the first team over the last couple of seasons.

Furlong is still my biggest hope for a youth product establishing himself as a genuine first team player, but Shodipo has come from nowhere to take this chance.

Let's hope him and Kakay continue in this vein.
Shodipo on 10:34 - Aug 24 with 1678 viewsSomersetHoops

I like the sound of this. There was a time when QPR had no choice but to use its youngsters and develop them, which resulted in some good players and some who didn't make it. If we are returning to this attitude due to more realistic spending budgets that can be a good thing. Fans in those days realised our younger players were developing and gave them some allowance for that, its important we understand that now and don't destroy some promising young players prospects before they start. Some may not make it, but loud obvious criticism of every mistake during a match will not help them become what we need.

These days every good or bad move and accurate or missed pass is analysed by post match video discussion, so nobody needs to draw attention to it during a game, they will be told where they went right or wrong and the risks associated with that taken into account during the selection process. Obviously a player who is obviously not up to the job will cause fans to demonstrate their discontent, but lets at least give the most promising of these youngsters a chance.

Who's Next?

Shodipo on 11:07 - Aug 24 with 1576 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shodipo on 08:48 - Aug 24 by simmo

We really need a LW so we can put Ngbokoto on the right. With no inexpensive alternative on the horizon I am more than happy with Shodipo being that man

almost every clip i saw of Yeni was him on the left cutting in to score?

Bare bones.

Shodipo on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 1415 viewssimmo

Shodipo on 11:07 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

almost every clip i saw of Yeni was him on the left cutting in to score?

Oh, fair enough. I didn't watch all the clips but he played on the right against Swindon and did well there, after seeing Gladwin struggle in the same position and with 3-4 players that can play on the LW, I assumed Yeni was bought to play on the right.

Shodipo on 14:09 - Aug 24 with 1224 viewsspencer

I saw Shodipo first game V Leeds and looked very lively indeed.

We have a few problems though at QPR

The Management/Squad

At present is very thin. I assume we are going to improve ...as we are kept being told we are.After 4-5 years of signing footballing mercenaries, we are now trying to sign promising players (Cousins/Bidwell/Lynch...) A completely new experience for may new QPR fans. These players will take time to adjust/gel...call in what you like. Couple of good games couple of bad. Assuming hands are tied....this will mean a lot of youth players will be coming through. They will take longer...But need to be used correctly....Don't throw on at end of game with 5 mins to go, give them a decent run out...or start them and drag them off. Shopido first game ..got took off about right time second half..

If we can get a loan signing in...make sure their chances keep coming and they keep improving....
....but this brings our second problem...the crowd/our fans

I sit in r Block, a very vocal block..have sat there for many years now. There are some complete football dick heads there though. They appear to no ..not a lot about football or how to encourage a YOUNG footballer.

If Shodipo...does the odd drag back..in their half...so what...He needs to perfect his skills...know when to cross and also know when to dig in when he has made a mistake....Some of our crowd.fans...do get on players backs to soon.

From this season..i do not expect anything special to happen. Improvement/passion/teamwork all seem to be there....we just need to give them time. Modern day football does not allow that....Poor old Washington..getting a bad name already....Good job we kept faith in a young Les F at the time.
Shodipo on 14:27 - Aug 24 with 1165 viewstimcocking

I thought he had a great game against Leeds on opening day as well. He was unlucky to be dropped, must have been gutted. In the olden days (yeah yeah) if you had a great game and won easily, you wouldn't expect to be dropped for the next match. Especially when Gladwin on the other side had had such a shocker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024