Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice required ( small claims court) off topic obviously ;-) 08:18 - Aug 26 with 1551 viewsRangersDave

Hi everyone, just asking some advice please.

I have taken out a claim against an airline for a catalogue of problems during my last holiday which left me without clothing or help for 8 of my 9 days away in India.

Yesterday on the day before their response time ran out they responded denying everything, and the phraseology suggests i made everything up. (including the suitcase going missing)

Now, i have a deposition from the Hotel owner (part of a big chain in India), and all my dated and timed e-mails and responses during the 8 days i was without clothes and toiletries so i think i'm on a safe wicket so to speak.

As they have refuted my claim, what do i do now? let the paperwork take its course, respond, withdraw as they are a big company?

help gratefully received.
cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Advice required ( small claims court) off topic obviously ;-) on 08:53 - Aug 26 with 1511 viewsSimonJames

There is some advice here:
https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/

100% of people who drink water will die.

Advice required ( small claims court) off topic obviously ;-) on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 1465 viewspomanjou

The above link is good stuff.

Did you register the lost baggage at the arrival airport?

Do you have receipts for anything you had to buy whilst in India consequent on the lost baggage?

Have you photocopied all your documentation and sent it off in a bundle to the CEO of the airline in question requesting his intervention prior to a small claims court action.

Its also useful to send off with the bundle a copy of a proposed SCCA dated say 14 days ahead. This will concentrate your mind in preparing your case and the airlines mind in deciding whether they wish to besmirch their name in court.

Does the amount you wish to claim justify the effort you will need to make......

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Advice required ( small claims court) off topic obviously ;-) on 11:43 - Aug 26 with 1369 viewshoof_hearted

This is the sort of case that is made for one of the no win no fee lawyares. Sure they'll take 35% or whatever but they'll get it done and take away all the hassle from you.

I did it with a Monarch 7 hour delay claim. The airlines are experts at stalling and waffling until you give up but almost always settle before anything gets to court if solicitors are involved.

I used a company called Bott and Co (tee hee). Google them. Very professional, geared up for online documents but available on phone too. I'm sure they'd take on your case.
Advice required ( small claims court) off topic obviously ;-) on 11:43 - Aug 26 with 1366 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My advice is to pursue this claim definitely.
Advice required ( small claims court) off topic obviously ;-) on 01:20 - Aug 27 with 1144 viewsWindsorHoopMan

If you can afford to fly to India, Why are you after a payout? Just buy some more clothes you cheapskate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024