Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland tickets £6.70 11:10 - Aug 26 with 7393 viewsDieByYourSide

To mark the anniversary of 1967 cup win. Well done all at the club for getting this right.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:13 - Aug 26 with 4147 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:15 - Aug 26 with 4127 viewsNorthernr

Haha great idea, really hope we respond.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:18 - Aug 26 with 4093 viewspaulparker

Well done this should now sell out , a proper cup tie atmosphere

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:21 - Aug 26 with 4067 viewskingsburyR

If its not a sell out then we should be ashamed of ourselves!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:21 - Aug 26 with 4065 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Superb.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:22 - Aug 26 with 4057 viewsLongsufferingR

No excuse not to sell this out now. Well done the club.

Should make the Sunderland end £1967 each though.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:27 - Aug 26 with 4005 viewsDieByYourSide

Also some very quick maths reveals that:

4,000 x £15 = £60k
and say 15,000 x £7 = £105k

Not to mention the amount of extra pints, programmes etc sold. Really does make you wonder why this isn't the norm across the country
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 11:28]

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:30 - Aug 26 with 3971 viewsMytch_QPR

Brilliant. Looking forward to a full LR and this mythical cup run thing!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:32 - Aug 26 with 3953 viewsJuzzie

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:27 - Aug 26 by DieByYourSide

4,000 x £15 = £60k

Not to mention the amount of extra pints, programmes etc sold. Really does make you wonder why this isn't the norm across the country

This was the maths that Briatore couldn't understand. He couldn't see that a full house at lower prices brought in bums-on-seats meaning more income generated through programme, merchandise & food/drink sales.

For someone supposedly successful in the retail industry, he didn't have a scooby as all he wanted was to creat ean elite. W@nker.

Great move by the club, I just hope I can make it as I can only do mid-week games these days and as long as it falls on a day when my girlfriend is not at work and the chances of the two aligning are slim.

[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 11:33]
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:34 - Aug 26 with 3940 viewstoboboly

Fantastic stuff. Went to the first two and actually having some one off cup games to go to is great and refreshing.

This lower price is brilliant and I can't wait for it :)

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:41 - Aug 26 with 3904 viewsCamberleyR

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:27 - Aug 26 by DieByYourSide

4,000 x £15 = £60k

Agree. We could make more a bit more cash out of a half filled ground with tickets at 25-30 quid but it's surely to our advantage to have a full, rocking LR under the lights with the lower prices.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:44 - Aug 26 with 3883 viewsgigiisourgod

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:32 - Aug 26 by Juzzie

This was the maths that Briatore couldn't understand. He couldn't see that a full house at lower prices brought in bums-on-seats meaning more income generated through programme, merchandise & food/drink sales.

For someone supposedly successful in the retail industry, he didn't have a scooby as all he wanted was to creat ean elite. W@nker.

Great move by the club, I just hope I can make it as I can only do mid-week games these days and as long as it falls on a day when my girlfriend is not at work and the chances of the two aligning are slim.

Game now moved to Wednesday, think as Sunderland got Spurs at 16:30 the Sunday before.

Great gesture/business acumen from the club.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:48 - Aug 26 with 3859 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:34 - Aug 26 by toboboly

Fantastic stuff. Went to the first two and actually having some one off cup games to go to is great and refreshing.

This lower price is brilliant and I can't wait for it :)

"One-off"?

Force of habit there, tobobly!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:48 - Aug 26 with 3856 viewsMick_S

Hats off - can't wait already.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:55 - Aug 26 with 3802 views00calben

Big credit to the Club. This would never have happened before Lee Hoos.

Still early days but he does seem to be having the impact we all hoped, long-term.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:58 - Aug 26 with 3778 viewsHunterhoop

Lee Hoos is the second coming! I believe!

Exceptional work from the club. Should be a proper cup tie under lights. Looking forward to it!
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:00 - Aug 26 with 3759 viewsspencer

Its not F.... rocket science.
It's a mid week game - meaning a late night travelling up for me. Meaning ...finishing work early.....was thinking.....thinking about going as it was V Sunderland. Now...after seeing these prices...no brainer, definitely going to make the journey now...

Atmosphere alone....could turn the tie towards us...
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:25 - Aug 26 with 3630 viewsmcqpr10

Great decision by the club. Will be embarrassing now if we pull a poor crowd!
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 3603 viewsDieByYourSide

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:41 - Aug 26 by CamberleyR

Agree. We could make more a bit more cash out of a half filled ground with tickets at 25-30 quid but it's surely to our advantage to have a full, rocking LR under the lights with the lower prices.

Very optimistic to think that the ground would be half full if we'd charged £25-30!

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 3591 viewsDieByYourSide

Not to sound like I'm moaning because I'm not but this really should be the norm for us and all other regular non-world scale behemoth clubs across the land. Supporters get taken for granted and dicked on so often, a simple gesture like this means so much and makes sense on every level.

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:46 - Aug 26 with 3508 viewsDorse

And the 'Kid For A Quid' against Blackburn shows that someone somewhere is paying attention at last. I am really pleased with the direction the club is taking. Say what you like about signings etc but if the ground is full(ish) every week, that makes a big difference. Think back to the Ollie days in Div 2: the fans were such a big part of the process. I still look at those days as being the most fun, even if we were the most fcuked. The club needed the fans - desperately - and everyone stepped up. Maybe LH, LF etc have seen the light.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:52 - Aug 26 with 3480 viewsBrightonhoop

Very good from the Club. Last time tickets cost that little Cola Spangels were 5p.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 12:54 - Aug 26 with 3469 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 11:32 - Aug 26 by Juzzie

Agree totally with this, but at the same time, there are big costs with opening all stands, so it's probably not quite as black and white as all that when it comes to the profit margin. I can see why they've done it for Sunderland, because they'd hope to get more away fans, plus more home fans because it's a prem club and we're into something called the third round. But I'm not convinced lowering ticket prices for the Rochdale game would have packed the stands much more - and if you sold just enough to have to open up Ellerslie, the profit would not be great. Agree, though, that you could argue that's also beside the point and it can be an investment - get people coming, see a win, they might come again etc. Just saying it's not (and never is) a simple equation.

Bare bones.

Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 13:03 - Aug 26 with 3421 viewsLongsufferingR

The other bonus of all this is that we all get to deal with Conor one more time.
Sunderland tickets £6.70 on 14:19 - Aug 26 with 3141 viewsMrGrieves

Fantastic decision, definitely going now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024