Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Photo printing at home 16:56 - Aug 26 with 1083 viewsstuabd

I was looking at some printers today and wondered whether anyone here actually prints their own photos. I guess it's good because you can be more creative, but I wasn't sure whether it actually works out a lot more expensive (ink cartridges + paper) than going down to Boots. Any advice on a good printer would be much appreciated too. Cheers.
Photo printing at home on 17:15 - Aug 26 with 1068 viewsBrightonhoop

I'd definitely give boots a swerve, very expensive, and use one of the online print services where you can do your own post production on an image then secure it for printing and delivering to your home.
Price of inks is far higher than oil and the quality of non-professional printers can sometimes be questionable.
FotoBox, Drop Box etc are pretty reliable and very cost effective per print, often costing just pennies per print.
http://fotobox.co.uk/
Photo printing at home on 17:34 - Aug 26 with 1048 viewsToast_R

Aleays use Snap fish. Can get Quidco cash back usually too
Photo printing at home on 18:02 - Aug 26 with 1024 viewsjohncharles

The price of inkjet printers has come down a lot since I first started. I would recommend a Canon Pixma 5000 series. Currys are doing them for about £60. Hitch it up to your PC or Mac (it's wireless but I'm using USB cable just 'cos I had one spare ) and you can do all sorts of editing. Very easy to crop pictures and adjust brightness and contrast. Plenty of photo editing apps about if you want to go more into it. You don't have to use photo paper. Any good quality paper will do. Canon Red label, 500 sheets at £4.99 is a terrific deal at the moment.

Strong and stable my arse.

Photo printing at home on 18:56 - Aug 26 with 984 viewsstuabd

Thanks very much, everyone.
Photo printing at home on 20:20 - Aug 26 with 951 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Photo printing at home on 18:02 - Aug 26 by johncharles

The price of inkjet printers has come down a lot since I first started. I would recommend a Canon Pixma 5000 series. Currys are doing them for about £60. Hitch it up to your PC or Mac (it's wireless but I'm using USB cable just 'cos I had one spare ) and you can do all sorts of editing. Very easy to crop pictures and adjust brightness and contrast. Plenty of photo editing apps about if you want to go more into it. You don't have to use photo paper. Any good quality paper will do. Canon Red label, 500 sheets at £4.99 is a terrific deal at the moment.

Got a Pixma 5650 for £50 off Argos Ebay a couple of months ago, bit fiddly and complicated when you ain't used one before, but you soon pick it up. Cheap inks widely available, cheap photo paper not a problem and it prints some good shots straight from my phone over wifi.

Can't fault it for the price really. Have a look on youtube for other printer reviews, best place to see them in action.
Photo printing at home on 01:12 - Aug 27 with 868 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Just print them km photobox mate, cheap as chips. You would have to print about a thousand copies to equal the cost of a home printer
Photo printing at home on 09:13 - Aug 27 with 829 viewsBlackCrowe

Photo printing at home on 01:12 - Aug 27 by WindsorHoopMan

Just print them km photobox mate, cheap as chips. You would have to print about a thousand copies to equal the cost of a home printer

Can also endorse photobox as being v cost efficient and quality pretty good.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Photo printing at home on 11:53 - Aug 27 with 790 viewsDeepcutHoop

I won a Canon Pixma Pro-100S in a competition, it's an excellent printer tbf,

Good enough for my photos, both for home and when I occasionally sell them.

Prints up to A3 but I see Fotospeed do panoramic paper which would let me print A2 width. Ink is expensive though, but not needed to refill yet, it's lasting well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024