Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
matty taylor bristol rovers. 20:21 - Aug 26 with 7854 viewsconnell10

Just read we are after him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 20:22 - Aug 26 with 5370 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

How much???

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 20:23 - Aug 26 with 5363 viewsconnell10

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 20:22 - Aug 26 by Hoop_Du_Jour

How much???

Says 2.5 million , i dont even know who he is mate!

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 20:32 - Aug 26 with 5318 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

That's about five Kpekawas!!
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:39 - Aug 26 with 5097 viewsrichranger

Just signed new contract with Bristol Rovers, so unlikely, but not impossible.

Scored 28 goals for them last season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36808001
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:40 - Aug 26 with 5087 viewsWestonsuperR

I watch Rovers fairly regularly, Taylor has had a great last couple of season's, a classic poacher and I'm pretty confident he could step up to The Championship. 2.5mill sounds about fair as well, if it did happen then not good news for Washington who is a smile player, I wonder if we would consider loaning him out which may not be a bad idea, still hasn't scored a Chamionship goal.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:48 - Aug 26 with 5061 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:40 - Aug 26 by WestonsuperR

I watch Rovers fairly regularly, Taylor has had a great last couple of season's, a classic poacher and I'm pretty confident he could step up to The Championship. 2.5mill sounds about fair as well, if it did happen then not good news for Washington who is a smile player, I wonder if we would consider loaning him out which may not be a bad idea, still hasn't scored a Chamionship goal.

He's come close in his many 8 minute cameos.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 23:15 - Aug 26 with 4817 viewsbosh67

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:48 - Aug 26 by Hoop_Du_Jour

He's come close in his many 8 minute cameos.

He could also change sex and put on weight like Conor and sing after we lose. A duet.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 00:46 - Aug 27 with 4654 viewsTacticalR

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 20:32 - Aug 26 by Hoop_Du_Jour

That's about five Kpekawas!!

Is that our currency?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 01:13 - Aug 27 with 4622 viewsWindsorHoopMan

My mate knows him and its 2 mill
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 06:27 - Aug 27 with 4494 viewsvegasranger

He looks the same size as Washington ( he's an inch shorter) but has a lesser pedigree. Doesn't look like he has played above Div 2. Had shook hands to sign for Oxford United before signing a new contract. If this story is true , it tells you everything you need to know about our scouting system !!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 6:30]
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 08:07 - Aug 27 with 4348 viewsHAYESBOY

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 06:27 - Aug 27 by vegasranger

He looks the same size as Washington ( he's an inch shorter) but has a lesser pedigree. Doesn't look like he has played above Div 2. Had shook hands to sign for Oxford United before signing a new contract. If this story is true , it tells you everything you need to know about our scouting system !!

He's off to Wolves then......

Smells like a trout farm in here

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 08:25 - Aug 27 with 4308 viewsNorthernr

Second time this summer you've completely written off a potential signing you've never actually seen play yourself after a quick glance at his Wikipedia profile.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:19 - Aug 27 with 4018 viewsterryb

IMO he would be well worth the asking money.

I am more excited about this possibility than anyone else we have been associated with this summer.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:31 - Aug 27 with 3981 viewsMedwayR

He looks a good player, good finishing and seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

However, like Washington, I don't really see where he fits in. We currently play 4-2-3-1 which allows Chery to link up with Polter but leaves us heavily reliant on Polter staying fit. I could see Washington & Taylor playing off Polter in a 4-3-3 but we'd still be heavily reliant on Polter staying fit, that would also mean dropping Chery although on the upside it's good to have options.

Maybe a 4-2-1-3 would suit our style of play and allow all our attackers to be on the field, although we'd be sacrificing many clean sheets I'm sure which isn't JFH's style.

Poll: Who’s better?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 12:33 - Aug 27 with 3873 viewseghamranger

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 01:13 - Aug 27 by WindsorHoopMan

My mate knows him and its 2 mill

Any truth in it?
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 14:28 - Aug 27 with 3616 viewsDeepcutHoop

When Derby are signing decent but unproven players for £14m in the Championship, what kind of market should we be looking in in your opinion?
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:29 - Aug 27 with 3412 viewsvegasranger

Don't disagree the market has gone crazy. This where you have to have a really good scouting network to find those so called hidden gems. Maybe the lad Flowers who was released by Man Utd and has ended up at West Ham? Obviously the loaning of Abrahams now at Bristol City from Chelsea. We never seem to be able to unearth young talent like Jonathan Kodija. 2 million to Bristol City a couple of years ago.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 10:18 - Aug 28 with 2991 viewssimmo

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:29 - Aug 27 by vegasranger

Don't disagree the market has gone crazy. This where you have to have a really good scouting network to find those so called hidden gems. Maybe the lad Flowers who was released by Man Utd and has ended up at West Ham? Obviously the loaning of Abrahams now at Bristol City from Chelsea. We never seem to be able to unearth young talent like Jonathan Kodija. 2 million to Bristol City a couple of years ago.

Chery for around 2.5? Now worth at least double that (or 10m in today's market)

Grant Hall? Bought for a drink now one of the best young CBs in the league

Luongo - few million, now worth more and leading the league in tackles so far this season

Polter - what was it? Just over 1m? Got to be worth 5 at least, especially if dogs like Murphy are going for silly money

The problem with Tammy Abraham is that although he's doing great for Bristol - his stock is going up for Chelsea to get even more for him when they sell him next season. We're a club that needs to start washing our own face, which means buying our own players and increasing their sell on value - I think we've got that with every player so far which is remarkable when just a few seasons ago we had max loans and loads of players in their mid 30s

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 15:50 - Aug 28 with 2786 viewsNorthernr

Flowers?
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 16:16 - Aug 28 with 2713 viewsJeff

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 15:50 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Flowers?

He means Ashley Fletcher. Left one hell of a mark on him, obviously!

Can we not knock it?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:12 - Aug 28 with 2540 viewsvegasranger

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 10:18 - Aug 28 by simmo

Chery for around 2.5? Now worth at least double that (or 10m in today's market)

Grant Hall? Bought for a drink now one of the best young CBs in the league

Luongo - few million, now worth more and leading the league in tackles so far this season

Polter - what was it? Just over 1m? Got to be worth 5 at least, especially if dogs like Murphy are going for silly money

The problem with Tammy Abraham is that although he's doing great for Bristol - his stock is going up for Chelsea to get even more for him when they sell him next season. We're a club that needs to start washing our own face, which means buying our own players and increasing their sell on value - I think we've got that with every player so far which is remarkable when just a few seasons ago we had max loans and loads of players in their mid 30s

Cherry and Hall were good buys. Luongo, no way. Really has looked very average in this division. * ( * I have to point out living in Las Vegas, I have only seen him on TV and internet feeds. According to NorthernR this means my opinions have very little validity. You have to be pitch side to really see a game ) As for Poulter for me it's too early to say. Great work ethic and high energy but does he really have the skill level? I don't think there is anything wrong with loaning players. Not the way we did it under Redknapp although the way we treated Vargas was nothing short of criminal. I'm not sure about every player ( although that happens at all clubs ). Gladwin looks way out of his depth, El Khayati for me is a lightweight showboat and Perch is really poor considering his career.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:32 - Aug 28 with 2481 viewsrsonist

You mean the Jonathan Kodija who was signed after becoming one of the outstanding players of Ligue 2 and hitting double figures for the season at 24 years of age?

Yeah that doesn't sound like anyone we'd ever unearth.

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:41 - Aug 28 with 2443 viewsLongsufferingR

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:12 - Aug 28 by vegasranger

Cherry and Hall were good buys. Luongo, no way. Really has looked very average in this division. * ( * I have to point out living in Las Vegas, I have only seen him on TV and internet feeds. According to NorthernR this means my opinions have very little validity. You have to be pitch side to really see a game ) As for Poulter for me it's too early to say. Great work ethic and high energy but does he really have the skill level? I don't think there is anything wrong with loaning players. Not the way we did it under Redknapp although the way we treated Vargas was nothing short of criminal. I'm not sure about every player ( although that happens at all clubs ). Gladwin looks way out of his depth, El Khayati for me is a lightweight showboat and Perch is really poor considering his career.

Agree re Hall, Chery and Perch but Luongo very average? I think any team in the division would have him given the chance.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:45 - Aug 28 with 2427 viewsDylanP

Sorry mate but it seems like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth at the exact same time.

A good scouting system doesn't get young players from Manure. Anyone can do that. In fact, we tried that sort of scouting for a few years and ended up with lots of crap (Jason Puncheon, anyone?).

A good scouting system looks at players in the lower divisions with upside. Like Conor and this lad. Now, they are obviously going to need more time and patience than a $50million player, but that is what a team like QPR has to do.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:47 - Aug 28 with 2413 viewsconnell10

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:41 - Aug 28 by LongsufferingR

Agree re Hall, Chery and Perch but Luongo very average? I think any team in the division would have him given the chance.

Best player on the pitch yesterday!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024