Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
matty taylor bristol rovers. 20:21 - Aug 26 with 7844 viewsconnell10

Just read we are after him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:17 - Aug 28 with 2532 viewsNorthernr

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:12 - Aug 28 by vegasranger

Cherry and Hall were good buys. Luongo, no way. Really has looked very average in this division. * ( * I have to point out living in Las Vegas, I have only seen him on TV and internet feeds. According to NorthernR this means my opinions have very little validity. You have to be pitch side to really see a game ) As for Poulter for me it's too early to say. Great work ethic and high energy but does he really have the skill level? I don't think there is anything wrong with loaning players. Not the way we did it under Redknapp although the way we treated Vargas was nothing short of criminal. I'm not sure about every player ( although that happens at all clubs ). Gladwin looks way out of his depth, El Khayati for me is a lightweight showboat and Perch is really poor considering his career.

I do think it's nice if you've at least seen them play once, particularly if you're going to absolutely slate them as you did with Lynch and now Matt Taylor.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:28 - Aug 28 with 2478 viewseghamranger

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:17 - Aug 28 by Northernr

I do think it's nice if you've at least seen them play once, particularly if you're going to absolutely slate them as you did with Lynch and now Matt Taylor.

Think your right in what your saying about certain players Vegasranger, but if you do go every week and see the whole game you see it differently than on tv.

Has anyone got an update on Taylor, he has a decent scoring record and we do need a striker before Thursday
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:43 - Aug 28 with 2441 viewsvegasranger

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:32 - Aug 28 by rsonist

You mean the Jonathan Kodija who was signed after becoming one of the outstanding players of Ligue 2 and hitting double figures for the season at 24 years of age?

Yeah that doesn't sound like anyone we'd ever unearth.

No we haven't unearthed anyone like Kodija and that's after many R's fans who have played at good levels, recommended the like of Nakhi Wells and Andre Gray. I'm hoping Yeni will be a hidden gem, I don't think you can call him that yet !!
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:46 - Aug 28 with 2429 viewsvegasranger

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:45 - Aug 28 by DylanP

Sorry mate but it seems like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth at the exact same time.

A good scouting system doesn't get young players from Manure. Anyone can do that. In fact, we tried that sort of scouting for a few years and ended up with lots of crap (Jason Puncheon, anyone?).

A good scouting system looks at players in the lower divisions with upside. Like Conor and this lad. Now, they are obviously going to need more time and patience than a $50million player, but that is what a team like QPR has to do.

Not anyone can do that !! A good scouting system looks at players released at the top level, all the way down to non league. Jason Puncheon turned out to be a very decent player. Probably too much pace for our team at the team !!
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:52 - Aug 28 with 2413 viewsvegasranger

I agree Egham but I'm stuck in Las Vegas. Hope to get back at some point if finances allow. The things I miss about being there is seeing the shape and movement of the team. That first touch as well. I would love to see what we do when we have the ball. Everything seems to be focused on pressing but there is no talk of transition. Taylor I don't know apart from checking his career stats, seeing what fans on other message boards think of him and the fact that he shook hands on joining Oxford United. Lynch I've seen on TV, not that impressed but I would love to be proved wrong.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 19:25 - Aug 28 with 2345 viewsQPR_Jim

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:52 - Aug 28 by vegasranger

I agree Egham but I'm stuck in Las Vegas. Hope to get back at some point if finances allow. The things I miss about being there is seeing the shape and movement of the team. That first touch as well. I would love to see what we do when we have the ball. Everything seems to be focused on pressing but there is no talk of transition. Taylor I don't know apart from checking his career stats, seeing what fans on other message boards think of him and the fact that he shook hands on joining Oxford United. Lynch I've seen on TV, not that impressed but I would love to be proved wrong.

I'm not sure you can hold the Oxford story against him too much, it sounds like they just assumed he'd want to go to his hometown club when he's representatives were probably talking to loads of clubs and agreeing deals in principle for him to choose from. Instead he chose to repay the faith put in him by his current club and manager and ensure they got a fee for him if he does leave.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 19:42 - Aug 28 with 2298 viewskensalriser

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 17:45 - Aug 28 by DylanP

Sorry mate but it seems like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth at the exact same time.

A good scouting system doesn't get young players from Manure. Anyone can do that. In fact, we tried that sort of scouting for a few years and ended up with lots of crap (Jason Puncheon, anyone?).

A good scouting system looks at players in the lower divisions with upside. Like Conor and this lad. Now, they are obviously going to need more time and patience than a $50million player, but that is what a team like QPR has to do.

You mean the Jason Puncheon who's spent the last three seasons in the Premier league averaging over 30 appearances per season and scored a goal in this year's FA Cup final?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 19:57 - Aug 28 with 2258 viewscaliforniahoop

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 19:42 - Aug 28 by kensalriser

You mean the Jason Puncheon who's spent the last three seasons in the Premier league averaging over 30 appearances per season and scored a goal in this year's FA Cup final?

Puncheon looked like a cat caught in headlights playing for us, but great for Southampton and Palace in the Prem.

It's a fresh start for us on all fronts!
Login to get fewer ads

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 20:42 - Aug 28 with 2103 viewsTacticalR

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 15:50 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Flowers?

I draw the line at signing imaginary players.

Air hostess clique

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:03 - Aug 28 with 2030 viewsCroydonCaptJack

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 19:57 - Aug 28 by californiahoop

Puncheon looked like a cat caught in headlights playing for us, but great for Southampton and Palace in the Prem.

It's a fresh start for us on all fronts!

He hardly got a game for us to be fair to him.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:16 - Aug 28 with 1992 viewsHollowayRanger

we should be looking to sign/loan cover for polter

not another one to replace/cover for washington

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:23 - Aug 28 with 1962 viewskensalriser

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:03 - Aug 28 by CroydonCaptJack

He hardly got a game for us to be fair to him.

A grand total of two.

Mind you, that's a lot more appraisal time than many players get from QPR's expert fans.

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:27 - Aug 28 with 1949 viewsRoller

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 21:16 - Aug 28 by HollowayRanger

we should be looking to sign/loan cover for polter

not another one to replace/cover for washington

Good point, although I don't think that Matt Taylor is in anyway cover for Washington (who should be playing left midfield)
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 00:45 - Aug 29 with 1794 viewsNorthernr

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 18:52 - Aug 28 by vegasranger

So you know nothing about Taylor other than his stats and reading a couple of message boards, but signing him would mean our scouting system is sht?
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 06:27 - Aug 29 with 1709 viewsvegasranger

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 00:45 - Aug 29 by Northernr

So you know nothing about Taylor other than his stats and reading a couple of message boards, but signing him would mean our scouting system is sht?

Of course, Taylor is exactly what we need.A 5 foot nine, 26 year old career lower league striker who was expected to sign for Oxford United. The perfect back up for Poulter. Let's hope we are getting a scouting department together. It's been nothing short of disastrous.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 10:12 - Aug 29 with 1504 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Can't agree with you Vegas regarding Luongo, kids got heaps of potential, I saw him last year at Loftus Road, great feet, very skilled. Also watched him for Aus a few times, looked quality there. I think him and Cousins in central midfield would be ideal.
I can understand why JFH picks Henry at the moment as he obviously trusts him, but as the season wears on I can see Cousins and Luongo being first choice.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:13 - Aug 29 with 1414 viewsterryb

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 06:27 - Aug 29 by vegasranger

Of course, Taylor is exactly what we need.A 5 foot nine, 26 year old career lower league striker who was expected to sign for Oxford United. The perfect back up for Poulter. Let's hope we are getting a scouting department together. It's been nothing short of disastrous.

Are you seriously saying that we should not consider Taylor because he is 5' 9" in height?

I can't recall that height had anything to do with the ability to put the ball into the net. Sorry Vegas, but you are ruling out the goalscoring exploits of players like Cureton, Phillips etc. Never mind the good like Defoe & Greaves, ot the greatest of them all Gerd Muller!

Or are you ruling him out because he has so far only played lowe or non league at the age of 26? A bit like saying no to John Aldridge or Charlie Austin. However, Oxford decided to take a chance on Aldridge & Burnley did with Austin. Do you think either club regretted doing so?

Why would signing a player who was deemed not good enough for a Premier club, be a good signing? Some are, Drinkwater for example, but some are s**t. Macheda being in this category.

Lastly, who expected him to sign for Oxford? This is a move that escaped (not surprisingly) my attention.

Taylor is a GOOD GOALSCORER. He would score more goals in the Championship than McCormack ever will!
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:37 - Aug 29 with 1358 viewskensalriser

Three wins out of the first five games including away wins at Cardiff and Wigan is disastrous? Perhaps your expectations are slightly unrealistic.

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:53 - Aug 29 with 1308 viewsBAWHoops

Hope we don't sign him.

Where's he going to play?

Polter is our first choice striker. Washington second choice striker

We play 451 and are always going to as long as JFH has a hole in his arse. Chery best player at club and it gets the best out of him.

So, to sign another striker seems ridiculous to me as it means one of POlter, Washington or the new boy will never actually play

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 1284 viewsDeepcutHoop

Not half as disastrous as your performance in this thread tbh.....
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 13:24 - Aug 29 with 1193 viewsWatfordR

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:53 - Aug 29 by BAWHoops

Hope we don't sign him.

We play 451 and are always going to as long as JFH has a hole in his arse. Chery best player at club and it gets the best out of him.

So, to sign another striker seems ridiculous to me as it means one of POlter, Washington or the new boy will never actually play

Have to say this is my concern too.

No fan of one up front although I accept this seems to be the way of things in football at the moment. Washington seems to me to have been wasted with us and bringing in another striker who can cover for Polter would appear to be a greater priority.

Strikers need to be playing and if they aren't, they won't be happy for long.
matty taylor bristol rovers. on 13:43 - Aug 29 with 1148 viewsMedwayR

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 13:24 - Aug 29 by WatfordR

Have to say this is my concern too.

No fan of one up front although I accept this seems to be the way of things in football at the moment. Washington seems to me to have been wasted with us and bringing in another striker who can cover for Polter would appear to be a greater priority.

Strikers need to be playing and if they aren't, they won't be happy for long.

This is a valid concern however JFH has said in the past that he wants more than one way of playing. Having Washington gives us the option of playing 2 up front, adding Taylor would give the option of 3 up front. We'd still need cover for Polter though. I'm not against this signing but I don't feel that it's a priority in the way that cover for Polter should be.

Poll: Who’s better?

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 15:54 - Aug 29 with 1071 viewsterryb

matty taylor bristol rovers. on 11:53 - Aug 29 by BAWHoops

Hope we don't sign him.

Now, these are reasons that I can understand for having doubts about signing Taylor. It may also be that he would not fit into our playing pattern.

However, I would hope that as a club we had given this a lot of consideration & will only persue if JFH thought he could be accomodated.

Either way, he is exactly the sort of player that our scouting system should be interested in & reporting accordingly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024