Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jet 19:23 - Aug 27 with 2668 viewsGloucs_R

Banging in the goals for the gills, scored another two today with Ehmer scoring the other.

Still think he should have been given another chance this year, in a minority though.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Jet on 20:24 - Aug 27 with 2546 viewsconnell10

we won away from home today mate , enjoy just saying like!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jet on 20:30 - Aug 27 with 2535 viewseccles

He's a division 1 striker. That's his level.
we need another front player...its not him.
good luck to him. lets move on.
Jet on 20:45 - Aug 27 with 2499 viewsCamberleyR

Jet on 20:30 - Aug 27 by eccles

This. All day long.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jet on 21:12 - Aug 27 with 2410 viewsloftboy

I'm with Gloucs on this, reckon there's a goal machine there if he applies himself properly.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Jet on 21:34 - Aug 27 with 2352 viewsngbqpr

Jet on 21:12 - Aug 27 by loftboy

I'm with Gloucs on this, reckon there's a goal machine there if he applies himself properly.

There is. But he doesn't.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jet on 21:47 - Aug 27 with 2320 viewsGloucs_R

Jet on 20:24 - Aug 27 by connell10

we won away from home today mate , enjoy just saying like!

Trust me. I am. Just hearing that we are in the market again, he could have made a fine third choice striker!

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Jet on 22:46 - Aug 27 with 2189 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jet on 21:47 - Aug 27 by Gloucs_R

Trust me. I am. Just hearing that we are in the market again, he could have made a fine third choice striker!

Sadly, not at our level I think.

I don't dislike the bloke, the few goals he scored for us were pretty good and I did hope he might have turned a corner with us.

But he didn't apply himself when he had the opportunity and I just don't see him putting in the effort needed to be a 3rd choice striker. I think that's actually a really tough gig, in some ways tougher than being first choice - to keep yourself constantly fit and hungry, while knowing full well there's two the blokes ahead of you in the pecking order, and waiting for injuries or a loss of form to give you your chance. (And knowing you could play pretty well and still get dropped if the guy ahead of you gets fit again and is an automatic choice.)

I think he's far more likely to make a go of it as first choice in a lower league side, where he will always be the centre of attention and probably be streets ahead in ability compared to the general standard. If he does well enough, maybe he can make the step up to the Championship or even higher. But I just don't see him doing it here.

Good luck to him and goodbye.
Jet on 22:47 - Aug 27 with 2186 viewsmarkrtid

Maybe he is the wrong sort.
I hate to say but there doesnt seem to be anything happening with conor washington. I want the lad to do well but something aint right.

Austin will be back next week. I had a dream.
Login to get fewer ads

Jet on 00:12 - Aug 28 with 2062 viewsDeepcutHoop

Jet on 21:12 - Aug 27 by loftboy

There is.

He never does for very long when it gets a bit tougher, ie at a higher level than League 1
Jet on 05:36 - Aug 28 with 1934 viewstimcocking

Jet on 20:30 - Aug 27 by eccles

Division 1 striker? He's quality. Just unfortunately a lazy get. If he ran like Jamie Vardy, he's a premier league striker no question.
Jet on 07:05 - Aug 28 with 1885 viewsrsonist

08:20 - "Jay Emmanuel Thomas... very, very clear, didn't fit in MY plans. And we had to loan him out, to get him football, but also as much money back for the club. Simple as possible."

Stop doing this thread every two weeks.
Jet on 08:44 - Aug 28 with 1780 viewsWatford_Ranger

At that level they can afford to indulge him. I'm only basing this on one game where I watched him play in person this season but he slowed every attack down, took an extra touch, drifted wide for no reason etc.

Yes he has incredible talent and the goal he got yesterday was sublime but he'd rather be the best player in his own house than part of a team at Championship level.
Jet on 10:20 - Aug 28 with 1672 viewsfrancisbowles

Jet on 22:46 - Aug 27 by CiderwithRsie

Sadly, not at our level I think.

I don't dislike the bloke, the few goals he scored for us were pretty good and I did hope he might have turned a corner with us.

But he didn't apply himself when he had the opportunity and I just don't see him putting in the effort needed to be a 3rd choice striker. I think that's actually a really tough gig, in some ways tougher than being first choice - to keep yourself constantly fit and hungry, while knowing full well there's two the blokes ahead of you in the pecking order, and waiting for injuries or a loss of form to give you your chance. (And knowing you could play pretty well and still get dropped if the guy ahead of you gets fit again and is an automatic choice.)

I think he's far more likely to make a go of it as first choice in a lower league side, where he will always be the centre of attention and probably be streets ahead in ability compared to the general standard. If he does well enough, maybe he can make the step up to the Championship or even higher. But I just don't see him doing it here.

Good luck to him and goodbye.

It's not quite goodbye as if I remember right he has another year with us after this twelve month loan. If he continues to do well we might even get a fee for him.
Jet on 21:37 - Aug 28 with 1487 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jet on 10:20 - Aug 28 by francisbowles

It's not quite goodbye as if I remember right he has another year with us after this twelve month loan. If he continues to do well we might even get a fee for him.

Very much what I hope. Good for all concerned.
Jet on 00:13 - Aug 29 with 1395 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He has a great talent but sadly it only comes out rarely.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024