Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifth! 22:02 - Aug 27 with 4796 viewseasthertsr

Who on here would honestly expected us to be fifth after five games? The expectation of most on here was mid-table at best. Isn't it time we got behind JFH and tried to have a better season than most of us predicted?
Fifth! on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 4771 viewsRoller

Fifth is an excellent start, but I feel it is down to Sir Les' hard work in the transfer market over the last couple of windows rather than Hasselbank's tactical genius.
Fifth! on 22:11 - Aug 27 with 4764 viewseghamranger

Next up Blackburn at home (3 points)

But then 2 really hard one 😱
Fifth! on 22:18 - Aug 27 with 4732 viewsdanehoop

Fifth! on 22:11 - Aug 27 by eghamranger

Next up Blackburn at home (3 points)

But then 2 really hard one 😱

JFH out, we've dropped a place since the game finished this afternoon.

Never knowingly understood

Fifth! on 22:23 - Aug 27 with 4714 viewsLblock

Should be top

I'd pi$$ this league if Manager

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fifth! on 22:40 - Aug 27 with 4641 viewsShunter

I thought that about Preston at home
Fifth! on 23:08 - Aug 27 with 4569 viewsAntti_Heinola

To the OP: i'm mr positive, but this aint the time to be crowing. We've done fine, but we had a kind start and truth is the table means f all after 5 games. Come back in 5 more. I'd be saying the same if we were 5th bottom mind. The season is long and hard.

Bare bones.

Fifth! on 01:38 - Aug 28 with 4377 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fifth! on 23:08 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

To the OP: i'm mr positive, but this aint the time to be crowing. We've done fine, but we had a kind start and truth is the table means f all after 5 games. Come back in 5 more. I'd be saying the same if we were 5th bottom mind. The season is long and hard.

He's not really crowing to be fair.
Fifth! on 09:25 - Aug 28 with 4158 viewseasthertsr

Fifth! on 01:38 - Aug 28 by CroydonCaptJack

He's not really crowing to be fair.

Thanks! No I'm not crowing just pleasantly surprised by our start. Preston apart we have looked organised. If this squad can maintain this then we just might be in the running for the play-offs, you never know!
Login to get fewer ads

Fifth! on 10:00 - Aug 28 with 4095 viewsBAWHoops

What's clear is that there is a plan and a way that JFH wants to play football.

He wants us to be tight at the back, press all over the park and make sure chances are taken.

It won't be pretty or free flowing, but it will stabilise us and build a solid foundation of young, fit players who are willing to play for the shirt.

I must say, already I like a fair few of this squad and feel they want to be here for the right reasons

Smithies, Hall, Chief, Luongo, Cousins, Chery, Polter are all great in one way or another.

Need to keep going, need to stay calm. There will be shite performances like PNE at home and there will be average performances like Wigan away. But for the forst time in ages there appears to be a semblance of a plan

It is what it is

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Fifth! on 10:06 - Aug 28 with 4076 viewsted_hendrix

Compared to recent seasons and what we as fans have had to witness on and of the pitch I'd take today's date and league position all day long.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fifth! on 10:17 - Aug 28 with 4044 viewsbaz_qpr

Its a bit early to break out the bunting with 2 points separating 3rd to 15th and with half the teams having played one more home game. We've done OK, sadly Fulham have done a lot better like us having played one more away game. 10 games tells us where we are
Fifth! on 10:27 - Aug 28 with 4032 viewsPinnerPaul

Fifth! on 23:08 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

"kind start"? Hmmmmm

Some on here were fretting where the points were coming from in August when the fixtures came out.

All - Has that clock stopped ticking now?
Fifth! on 10:29 - Aug 28 with 4025 viewsPinnerPaul

Fifth! on 10:17 - Aug 28 by baz_qpr

Its a bit early to break out the bunting with 2 points separating 3rd to 15th and with half the teams having played one more home game. We've done OK, sadly Fulham have done a lot better like us having played one more away game. 10 games tells us where we are

If people get the ticking clocks out after a defeat, I'm getting the bunting out after a win!
Fifth! on 10:29 - Aug 28 with 4025 viewsElHoop

I think that I predicted third place for us, and whilst I'd be delighted with anywhere in the top 6, I think that we've got a long way to go if we are going to maintain this position. I've only seen the Preston game and that wasn't anywhere near a top 6 performance. I still think that Newcastle will romp it, but the rest is up for grabs. The period up to the transfer deadline and the international break is always a prologue to the season proper, and nine points is a terrific start given that the squad is still formative in terms of both membership and integration. I rate JFH very highly and I doubt that many managers in this division could have got nine points from where we are at the moment. If the squad gets better and more integrated then we really do have a chance of top 6. You R's!!!
Fifth! on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 3990 viewsDeepcutHoop

Is being pleasantly surprised and pleased by our start, 'breaking out the bunting' or 'crowing' now?
Fifth! on 12:28 - Aug 28 with 3892 viewskensalriser

Same isn't it? Three away and two at home for each of us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fifth! on 12:32 - Aug 28 with 3879 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fulham have played the same number of away games as us, mate.

Bare bones.

Fifth! on 12:37 - Aug 28 with 3863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fifth! on 10:59 - Aug 28 by DeepcutHoop

Is being pleasantly surprised and pleased by our start, 'breaking out the bunting' or 'crowing' now?

yeah soz to the op on that. wasn't supposed to be a dig. I'm delighted with the start, but really, 5 games means very, very little as baz says. it's stupid league tables are even published before 10 games. And as i said, i'd be the same if we were fifth bottom with 6 points. so, yeah, pleased, but not that surprised we're 5th because one result either way at this stage could be the difference between top 6 and bottom 6!

Bare bones.

Fifth! on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 3736 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Doing well we will know more after the next 5 games

4 of the sides we have faced so far are placed 17th and lower so not getting carried away just yet

U R's
Fifth! on 17:39 - Aug 28 with 3717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very happy with fifth and with our start. Lots of changes this summer and a few more probably yet to come in o fifth is a a great start.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fifth! on 12:12 - Aug 29 with 3581 viewshopphoops

On target for fourth place, just as expected.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Fifth! on 12:15 - Aug 29 with 3577 viewsNorthernr

Not surprised we've won three games, but I didn't think we'd win at Cardiff or Wigan, nor lose at home to Preston. Apart from Leeds and Preston all our results, including the cup games, could have been the other way around. Pleased it's going reasonably well but getting carried away. We'll lose to Blackburn then beat Newcastle next week or something daft like that.
Fifth! on 21:31 - Aug 29 with 3455 viewsPommyhoop

Still on for my prediction of auto promotion behind Toon..

YAYY I can see YouTube on ere again.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Fifth! on 01:45 - Aug 30 with 3384 viewsDylanP

Fifth! on 22:10 - Aug 27 by Roller

Fifth is an excellent start, but I feel it is down to Sir Les' hard work in the transfer market over the last couple of windows rather than Hasselbank's tactical genius.

Its not really one or the other- its probably a combination of the two.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Fifth! on 01:51 - Aug 30 with 3381 viewsDylanP

Fifth! on 17:25 - Aug 28 by superhoopdownunder

Doing well we will know more after the next 5 games

4 of the sides we have faced so far are placed 17th and lower so not getting carried away just yet

U R's

Yes, but if they had beaten us they wouldn't have been down there, would they? They are literally down there because we beat them.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024