Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton de ja vu 05:44 - Aug 28 with 4450 viewstimcocking

"Barton was ineffective again, his main involvement being on the end of the terrible tackle that earned Killie teenager Taylor a red card just after the hour. The Englishman was anonymous. Wasteful in possession, passive as a defensive midfielder and a non-event going forward. Eventually he was replaced by Niko Kranjcar. He walked to the bench, shaking his head as he went. Rangers were level by then and it was deserved. Tavernier's free-kick was long range and magnificent. It was interesting hearing his friend, the former Rangers player Peter Lovenkrands, talking on BBC Radio Scotland of Tavernier's frustration at having lost free-kick taking duty to Barton this season. Tavernier has surely got his old job back again now."

Sound familiar?

Barton de ja vu on 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3571 viewsHooparoo

Very familiar, especially the wasteful in possession bit.

Not missed at all.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Barton de ja vu on 09:21 - Aug 28 with 3486 viewsWestbourneR

I guess driving Burnley to promotion and being voted Player of the Year didn't sound familiar then.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Barton de ja vu on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 3465 viewscaliforniahoop

This is one guy that's conned a living, corner and free kicks where the worst.

I liked Warburton until he signed those guys, some wanted him here, this proved a serious lack of judgment. Hill on the bench, I can, just about understand, the rest?

Barton brought our club to its knees because of his unjustified massive ego, so pleased he isn't our problem anymore.
Barton de ja vu on 09:52 - Aug 28 with 3399 viewsHooparoo

Barton de ja vu on 09:21 - Aug 28 by WestbourneR

I guess driving Burnley to promotion and being voted Player of the Year didn't sound familiar then.

No

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Barton de ja vu on 09:54 - Aug 28 with 3391 viewsCamberleyR

That was more down to Dyche not indulging him like he has been everywhere else.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Barton de ja vu on 09:54 - Aug 28 with 3389 viewsdanehoop

Barton de ja vu on 09:28 - Aug 28 by californiahoop

I liked Warburton until he signed those guys, some wanted him here, this proved a serious lack of judgment. Hill on the bench, I can, just about understand, the rest?

Barton brought our club to its knees because of his unjustified massive ego, so pleased he isn't our problem anymore.

Warburton basically tried to buy the spine of one the most successful championship sides of past few years. Hill provides leadership in defence, Barton the midfield bite and energy and krancjar the creativity. Krancjar has lost a shed load of weight, got his fitness back and is injury free. He is playing really well. Barton has reverted to the idiot who played for us. Hill really should be playing as that is the weakness for rangers at the moment.

Never knowingly understood

Barton de ja vu on 10:34 - Aug 28 with 3299 viewsPinnerPaul

Burnley are defo missing him IMHO.
Barton de ja vu on 10:39 - Aug 28 with 3285 viewsWatford_Ranger

Get him to do what he's good at, as Dyche did, and he's very good at it. Let him do what he thinks he's good at and he's ineffective. Quite simple really and something our managers couldn't grasp or enforce.

Burnley Barton would walk into our team. QPR Barton was a liability.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton de ja vu on 11:34 - Aug 28 with 3166 viewsdistortR

Barton de ja vu on 10:39 - Aug 28 by Watford_Ranger

Get him to do what he's good at, as Dyche did, and he's very good at it. Let him do what he thinks he's good at and he's ineffective. Quite simple really and something our managers couldn't grasp or enforce.

The man's a fool, thinks he knows best. Dyche managed him superbly, and understood perfectly that, having taken all the plaudits last year, barton and his ego would be unmanagable this season. Credit to Dyche.
Barton de ja vu on 11:48 - Aug 28 with 3130 viewsWatford_Ranger

Barton de ja vu on 11:34 - Aug 28 by distortR

The man's a fool, thinks he knows best. Dyche managed him superbly, and understood perfectly that, having taken all the plaudits last year, barton and his ego would be unmanagable this season. Credit to Dyche.

Pretty sure they offered him a new contract
Barton de ja vu on 11:51 - Aug 28 with 3118 viewsdistortR

Barton de ja vu on 11:48 - Aug 28 by Watford_Ranger

aww, bollox.
Barton de ja vu on 12:18 - Aug 28 with 3052 viewsstuabd

Barton de ja vu on 11:48 - Aug 28 by Watford_Ranger

I think he said Burnley were the best group of individuals/team he'd played with. That and the chance to play in the Prem again make me think that he wasn't given a contract or was at least told that he wouldn't be playing much.
Barton de ja vu on 12:29 - Aug 28 with 3029 viewscaliforniahoop

Barton de ja vu on 10:39 - Aug 28 by Watford_Ranger

Ok, I take that on board.
Barton de ja vu on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 2837 viewsNorthernr

Barton de ja vu on 12:18 - Aug 28 by stuabd

I think he said Burnley were the best group of individuals/team he'd played with. That and the chance to play in the Prem again make me think that he wasn't given a contract or was at least told that he wouldn't be playing much.

No, he was offered one, but he chose to go and play Scottish football for more money. Also sounds familiar.

Burnley can't have been that bothered about keeping their supposed Lord and saviour, awash with Premier League cash but didn't want to match Rangers' offer. I think Dyche had him exactly right, Championship player useful when given a very specific job. Not good enough for the Prem, nor disciplined enough to stick to that basic job amidst the extra exposure.
Barton de ja vu on 16:12 - Aug 28 with 2811 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I've got a mate who is a Burnley fan and he said he was excellent last season. I suspect Douche knew he wouldn't be as good in the Prem and I've no doubt he demanded too much money having won that award. If he knew his limitations he could be decent enough but he doesn't unfortunately.
Barton de ja vu on 16:27 - Aug 28 with 2785 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah, and look how he repaid them for showing faith after spouting all that guff last season.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 16:30]

Bare bones.

Barton de ja vu on 16:28 - Aug 28 with 2783 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton de ja vu on 09:54 - Aug 28 by danehoop

Warburton basically tried to buy the spine of one the most successful championship sides of past few years. Hill provides leadership in defence, Barton the midfield bite and energy and krancjar the creativity. Krancjar has lost a shed load of weight, got his fitness back and is injury free. He is playing really well. Barton has reverted to the idiot who played for us. Hill really should be playing as that is the weakness for rangers at the moment.

Niko always looks good in August. Heard that weight story before. Total waste of space - he'll tail off by the end of September, like he always does.

Bare bones.

Barton de ja vu on 16:52 - Aug 28 with 2725 viewskarl

Barton de ja vu on 16:28 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

Niko always looks good in August. Heard that weight story before. Total waste of space - he'll tail off by the end of September, like he always does.

Kranjcar has done nothing other than a couple of his long raking passes and is being slated by most and including Rangers fans, as too is Hill tbh though he is struggling with Warburton only having one way of playing. I think we're lucky to have 'missed' out on him as he can't seem to change his team pattern at all, both fullbacks play high up the pitch and leave the centre backs exposed if the sitting midfielder doesnt do the covering work. Clint of course has no pace and he's been exposed with this a few times, he's getting bad reviews after most games but at the moment Warburton is escaping any mainstream criticism.
Barton has played around the edges but hasn't done a great deal though can't say he has played poorly either but knowing him he'll start taking over the centre of the park and try doing everything which in turn slows it all up and becomes a sideways game. Great!!
Barton de ja vu on 17:33 - Aug 28 with 2664 viewsyankeephil

I have found that QPR fans can never let go. JB outlasted his use for us. Too inconsistent & always all about him. That said, let it go & move on. Amassed we have not seen a Rob Green post for weeks ( as it should be)
Barton de ja vu on 18:53 - Aug 28 with 2574 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Got off a plane in Glasgow Friday morning and caught site of a picture on the back page of a newspape; Joey Pirlo being sent skywards by a young pup and the ball so long gone, it was probably on the next page.

I don't like egregious violence in sport however, that being said, I chuckled the chuckle of someone nae fussed at all and if anything, I rather enjoyed it truth be told.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Barton de ja vu on 09:16 - Aug 29 with 2358 viewsloftinoz

Barton de ja vu on 09:28 - Aug 28 by californiahoop

"were", not "where".
Barton de ja vu on 10:23 - Aug 29 with 2295 viewspaulparker

Barton de ja vu on 09:16 - Aug 29 by loftinoz

"were", not "where".

Here we go our resident grammar teacher mr peter file is back with another awe inspiring post

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton de ja vu on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 2232 viewsbosh67

Gets on very well with Warburton off the field and wants to coach in the future. Good luck to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barton de ja vu on 10:28 - Sep 11 with 1945 viewsrsonist

Barton de ja vu on 14:40 - Sep 11 with 1691 viewsozranger

https://www.facebook.com/1466143443619987/photos/a.1514435878790743.1073741829.1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024