Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kpekawa 12:08 - Aug 29 with 9704 viewsstevenagehoop

Looks like may be on his way. Always thought he would make a decent centre back in a few years time Has the physique and can play with the ball - may well regret this one.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Kpekawa on 12:16 - Aug 29 with 5027 viewsNorthernr

Depends on the money offered. Bit nervous as Barnsley have a habit of picking up defenders from jumble sales without anybody noticing then selling them on for big money later on.
Kpekawa on 12:34 - Aug 29 with 4967 viewsBAWHoops

You'd assume Bidwell & Robinson ahead of him at LB
Caulker, Hall, Onouha, Lynch ahead of him at CB

Very difficult to turn down money for your 3rd choice LB and 5th choice CB

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Kpekawa on 12:54 - Aug 29 with 4887 viewsHollowayRanger

if big if but if caulker goes it will leave us pretty short at c/b wont it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Kpekawa on 13:01 - Aug 29 with 4869 viewsWadR

Kpekawa on 12:34 - Aug 29 by BAWHoops

You'd assume Bidwell & Robinson ahead of him at LB
Caulker, Hall, Onouha, Lynch ahead of him at CB

Very difficult to turn down money for your 3rd choice LB and 5th choice CB

Probably only 4th choice LB, Perch is probably ahead of him in the pecking order there too.

I'm ok with him going, but kinda intrigued by what Barnsley see in him. He had a poor loan spell at Portsmouth, middling ones at Orient and Colchester and only a handful of appearances at Championship level where he's hardly been impressive.

As Northern says, given Mawson, Holgate, Stones, Bree etc. they clearly have an eye for a defender. But as long as there's a significant sell on clause and get a few hundred thousand for him, I think it's a good deal for all parties.
Kpekawa on 13:08 - Aug 29 with 4841 viewsrsonist

Justifiable but regrettable. Definitely negotiate a sell-on.

Worth pointing out that he could easily be closer to the first team if management wanted him to be - ie if we sold Caulker and Perch and didn't replace them with new players. I don't think we would do that though unfortunately so it's better he leaves.
Kpekawa on 17:39 - Aug 29 with 4608 viewsmcqpr10

Tough decision this one. Felt he has looked reasonable at left back but a bit shaky at centre half. Needs games and experience but the championship is a brutal league for a young defender to learn their trade and fans have no patience in waiting for people to develop. If Cole was a loanee from say arsenal I'm not sure we would see much of a future for him with us.
Kpekawa on 17:48 - Aug 29 with 4574 viewsWatford_Ranger

I've only seen as much of him as anyone else so not a lot but he looks like a potentially excellent player and if Barnsley fancy him then it says a lot. Would rather lose Caulker for a decent fee and promote Kpekawa up the order. Would have him over Perch as cover in any position.
Kpekawa on 18:01 - Aug 29 with 4539 viewsBucksRanger

Apparently going for £450k.
Login to get fewer ads

Kpekawa on 18:41 - Aug 29 with 4425 viewsBoston

Kpekawa on 18:01 - Aug 29 by BucksRanger

I'm confused, are we a buying or a selling club these days?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kpekawa on 18:53 - Aug 29 with 4394 viewseghamranger

Kpekawa on 18:41 - Aug 29 by Boston

I'm confused, are we a buying or a selling club these days?

Think it will be a good move for him. Looks a decent player but he is down the pecking order as we are flush in those positions. Barnsley are a decent team and he could go onto bigger things. Can't see Caulker going anywhere now which I'm pleased about and he has been quality this season.
Kpekawa on 19:51 - Aug 29 with 4287 viewsHooparoo

Not sure I'd be selling him but we need to trust the judgement of Jimmy and Les. Probably means Caulker is staying which is great if we get a whole season of the current incarnation of Caulker. He really does seem to have turned a corner.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Kpekawa on 20:54 - Aug 29 with 4170 viewsrsonist

Kpekawa on 18:01 - Aug 29 by BucksRanger

Have to say this is an extremely fair price for him.
Kpekawa on 21:14 - Aug 29 with 4114 viewsGloucs_R

450k for a player that has barely played, was poor on loan last season and is 4th choice.... Good business for both parties.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Kpekawa on 21:33 - Aug 29 with 4069 viewsderbyhoop

It's a shame because he has the attributes to be a top defender, either at LB or CB. However, he doesn't fit our current set up. I just hope we've got a decent sell on percentage written into the deal. Otherwise this one could come back to haunt us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kpekawa on 22:24 - Aug 29 with 3938 viewsichbinnaughty

What was the name of that other big youth lad who we thought was going to be the next Danny Shittu about five years ago?
Kpekawa on 22:28 - Aug 29 with 3932 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kpekawa on 22:24 - Aug 29 by ichbinnaughty

What was the name of that other big youth lad who we thought was going to be the next Danny Shittu about five years ago?

SWP

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Kpekawa on 22:35 - Aug 29 with 3910 viewsWatford_Ranger

Kpekawa on 22:24 - Aug 29 by ichbinnaughty

Pat Kanyuka? Kpekawa is a far better player IMO. Kanyuka did a job at a time when we had to sell the pot we were pissing in.
Kpekawa on 08:03 - Aug 30 with 3716 viewsichbinnaughty

Kpekawa on 22:35 - Aug 29 by Watford_Ranger

Pat Kanyuka? Kpekawa is a far better player IMO. Kanyuka did a job at a time when we had to sell the pot we were pissing in.

That was him!
Him and Kpekawa very similar in terms of progress and expectation.
Kpekawa on 08:10 - Aug 30 with 3709 viewsconnell10

I think in a way its great because he must be the first youth team player we have sold for a fee in years, that money is straight profit for the club. It also proves that maybe our youth policy is working. As for the answer to a question posed earlier we are a selling club and long may that continue!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Kpekawa on 08:57 - Aug 30 with 3641 viewsJeff

Kpekawa on 22:35 - Aug 29 by Watford_Ranger

He's also the reason, lest we forget, that Patrick Agyemang was called 'Dave' as opposed to 'Big Pat', because Kanyuka was already 'Big Pat'

and during the glorious message board wars of 5 or so years ago, i believe one message board (WATRB?) claimed that he was called 'Dave' because we were all racial over here and couldn't pronounce / spell 'Agyemang', when in fact someone on here (WindsorHoop?) said it entirely at random.

Agyemang got told of the apparent racial undertones, insisted that we don't call him 'Dave' anymore, and stopped scoring, after scoring 100 goals in his opening 10 fixtures...

Can we not knock it?

Kpekawa on 09:33 - Aug 30 with 3593 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kpekawa on 08:57 - Aug 30 by Jeff

He's also the reason, lest we forget, that Patrick Agyemang was called 'Dave' as opposed to 'Big Pat', because Kanyuka was already 'Big Pat'

and during the glorious message board wars of 5 or so years ago, i believe one message board (WATRB?) claimed that he was called 'Dave' because we were all racial over here and couldn't pronounce / spell 'Agyemang', when in fact someone on here (WindsorHoop?) said it entirely at random.

Agyemang got told of the apparent racial undertones, insisted that we don't call him 'Dave' anymore, and stopped scoring, after scoring 100 goals in his opening 10 fixtures...

Ya, I remember that. It al got a bit silly when WATRB reported us to Kofi (John) Annan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kpekawa on 10:22 - Aug 30 with 3524 viewsadhoc_qpr

Oddly enough, i didn't think he was going to make it at this level with us - but now that Barnsley have bought him he probably will given their track record!

The squad is definitely looking a bit lean now, but better that than the bloated entity it's been for the last 7 or 8 years.

Plus we're still likely to come out of this window making a profit on transfers with a smaller wage bill.
Kpekawa on 10:29 - Aug 30 with 3506 viewsrobith

Kpekawa on 08:57 - Aug 30 by Jeff

The idea of a poster on WATRB accusing someone else of being racist :''')
Kpekawa on 10:45 - Aug 30 with 3476 viewsToast_R

That’s rubbish.

He was called ‘Dave the Sub’ by Preston fans — this is where it came from.
Just like 'Legs of Wood' came from Sheffield United fans. Message ends.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 10:48]
Kpekawa on 10:58 - Aug 30 with 3442 viewslave16

Kpekawa on 08:10 - Aug 30 by connell10

I think in a way its great because he must be the first youth team player we have sold for a fee in years, that money is straight profit for the club. It also proves that maybe our youth policy is working. As for the answer to a question posed earlier we are a selling club and long may that continue!

agree selling a youth team player who we feel is not going to make it for us is a good idea..
whether this is due to bidwell looking like he will be a fixture for a while and we feel its holding back Kpekawa and we are helping him out I dunno.

Just one question what does harry make of it? was he not the one who said there was no worthwhile youth players at the club 1/2 a million is worthwhile to me

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024