Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Captain 14:36 - Aug 29 with 908 viewsexiled_dictator

from this lot:

England squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Michail Antonio (West Ham United), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Strikers: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City).

seems likely that sam will stick with rooney seemingly for some continuity, or cahill could be in with a shout.
just anyone but henderson. how that guy gets to play professional football on a regular basis is beyond me. captaining his club and representing his country shows what a dreadful situation football is in this country.
marginally better that a sunday pub team footballer. just.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

England Captain on 15:00 - Aug 29 with 885 viewsMedwayR

If I was in charge I'd be building a team around Stones, Dier, Barkley, Alli & Kane so maybe Dier with Stones as vice-captain.

Smalling has to be in with a shout but I suspect it'll be Rooney which doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Poll: Who’s better?

England Captain on 15:04 - Aug 29 with 877 viewskensalriser

Ever seen Henderson play, exiled?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Captain on 15:11 - Aug 29 with 869 viewsexiled_dictator

England Captain on 15:04 - Aug 29 by kensalriser

Ever seen Henderson play, exiled?

Yes, hence my comment that he's shyte

England Captain on 15:14 - Aug 29 with 866 viewskensalriser

In the flesh or on TV?

England Captain on 18:44 - Aug 29 with 768 viewsexiled_dictator

England Captain on 15:14 - Aug 29 by kensalriser

In the flesh or on TV?

Why, so w he play better live ?

England Captain on 19:03 - Aug 29 with 743 viewsstuabd

England Captain on 18:44 - Aug 29 by exiled_dictator

Why, so w he play better live ?

Yeah apparently you shouldn't have critiqued Henderson unless you've seen him play "in the flesh" lol.
I always thought that great England international Carlton Palmer was shite, but then again I never actually saw him play live so maybe he was better than I thought.
England Captain on 19:10 - Aug 29 with 726 viewsTGRRRSSS

Why is Rooney labelled a Midfielder? He isnt he's a forward. OK some of his passing is good but he doesn't have the engine to play midfield.
Other than maybe in 4-5-1 with him playing as second forward more or less.
England Captain on 19:13 - Aug 29 with 725 viewskensalriser

You get a different and generally better perspective watching live. TV's better for close-ups and action replays, sure, but it doesn't give you the whole picture.

After we got promoted in 2011 I remember seeing the likes of Rooney and Gerrard at LR - having not seen a PL game live since 1996 - and being amazed at just how good they really were.

Seems to be that those with the more strident opinions are the ones who go to fewer games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024