Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes 14:49 - Sep 18 with 5555 viewsHayesender

Stoke currently losing 2-0 at palace. This will be 5 games from the start of the season without a win.

"It's happening again, it's happening again, Mark Hughes, it's happening again

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mark Hughes on 15:11 - Sep 18 with 4230 viewsbosh67

We all know he doesn't get going until game 15.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Hughes on 15:20 - Sep 18 with 4203 viewsrsonist

Couldn't be more delighted. I've spent the four years waiting for that cnt to be exposed for the charlatan he is and I was starting to think he'd get away with it.

Extremely gratifying finally seeing an article in the papers a few weeks ago suggesting it might have been him not us.
Mark Hughes on 15:27 - Sep 18 with 4184 viewsDejR_vu

Mark Hughes on 15:20 - Sep 18 by rsonist

Couldn't be more delighted. I've spent the four years waiting for that cnt to be exposed for the charlatan he is and I was starting to think he'd get away with it.

Extremely gratifying finally seeing an article in the papers a few weeks ago suggesting it might have been him not us.

Same.

Great at taking someone else's stable team and living off the back of the last manager's hard work. Once he starts to exert his own influence and buying players, different story. Typical of modern day football, very average at his job, very rich.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mark Hughes on 15:46 - Sep 18 with 4144 viewstoboboly

4 down in consecutive matches. Meticulous.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Mark Hughes on 15:53 - Sep 18 with 4115 viewsdannyblue

Training to defend set pieces might help a little, Mark.
Mark Hughes on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 3819 viewsWestonsuperR

Totally agree. MH was given a chance to spend a fortune on players, then had the whole Summer to gel the players and get them playing as a team, that was our big chance to stabilised and not only did he fail he managed to make the worst start in Prem history.
Mark Hughes on 22:41 - Sep 18 with 3749 viewsDesertBoot

His media whores are starting to see the light.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mark Hughes on 22:59 - Sep 18 with 3715 viewsClive_Anderson

It's brilliant isn't it? Been waiting years for him to crash and burn, just hope they don't scrape out of it again.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Hughes on 23:04 - Sep 18 with 3700 viewsconnell10

Lets get him back after all he kept us up in the the prem once upon a time!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mark Hughes on 23:16 - Sep 18 with 3676 viewschris1969

Stoke can't handle the new rules on cheating when defending. Hopefully Shawcross style defending from set peices will continue to be penalised.

Diving - Check
Grappling- Check
Disent - Working on it
Shirt Pulling - Next
Mark Hughes on 08:32 - Sep 19 with 3508 viewspaulparker

Couldn't happen to a nicer pr1ck or a t0sspot club like Stoke
fed up with this codswallop of Stokealona and how he changed them in to a footballing side , the man is a fraud and its about time these plums in the media did there homework and have a look at the shambles he created here
every time I see him and that constipated folded arm look I just want to punch him in the face ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Hughes on 08:47 - Sep 19 with 3491 viewsjohnhoop

Where was the article? I would be interested in reading it.
Mark Hughes on 09:11 - Sep 19 with 3457 viewsrsonist

Mark Hughes on 08:47 - Sep 19 by johnhoop

Where was the article? I would be interested in reading it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/sep/11/sick-stoke-mark-hughes-cur

There's not a lot to it to be fair. But it's just so rare to see it.
Mark Hughes on 09:49 - Sep 19 with 3406 viewsjohnhoop

Mark Hughes on 09:11 - Sep 19 by rsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/sep/11/sick-stoke-mark-hughes-cur

There's not a lot to it to be fair. But it's just so rare to see it.

Thanks for that. At least somebody in the press seems to be aware of his part in our protracted Premier League clusterf-ck.
Mark Hughes on 10:22 - Sep 19 with 3359 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'd love to join in, but it's still a bit early for that...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mark Hughes on 10:30 - Sep 19 with 3341 viewsjohncharles

If he gets the bullet does mean will be available for........

Strong and stable my arse.

Mark Hughes on 10:43 - Sep 19 with 3318 viewsTacticalR

Mark Hughes on 15:11 - Sep 18 by bosh67

We all know he doesn't get going until game 15.

It will be interesting to see whether Stoke stick with him and put that theory to the test.

When we got rid of him in November 2012 he hadn't won a match all season.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 9:01]

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes on 11:56 - Sep 19 with 3252 viewsJAPRANGERS

Mark Hughes on 10:43 - Sep 19 by TacticalR

It will be interesting to see whether Stoke stick with him and put that theory to the test.

When we got rid of him in November 2012 he hadn't won a match all season.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 9:01]

He must be furiously playing pocket billiards now!
Mark Hughes on 12:08 - Sep 19 with 3228 viewsDoughnut

oh dear...how sad, never mind!
Mark Hughes on 13:00 - Sep 19 with 3143 viewsjohncharles

Mark Hughes on 12:08 - Sep 19 by Doughnut

oh dear...how sad, never mind!

Heartfelt.

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:08 - Sep 19 with 3125 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mark Hughes on 09:39 - Sep 24 with 2885 viewsrsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/mark-hughes-player-unrest-stoke

It was the mention of his time in charge at Queens Park Rangers, however, that prompted the most withering response. “It’s a completely different situation at all levels. We’ve been here three years, for goodness’ sake. I know the talent that we have in the group, the group is strong, it’s a completely different situation to what I faced there.”
Mark Hughes on 09:59 - Sep 24 with 2853 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mark Hughes on 09:39 - Sep 24 by rsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/mark-hughes-player-unrest-stoke

It was the mention of his time in charge at Queens Park Rangers, however, that prompted the most withering response. “It’s a completely different situation at all levels. We’ve been here three years, for goodness’ sake. I know the talent that we have in the group, the group is strong, it’s a completely different situation to what I faced there.”

Thanks for sharing the link. Interesting read for sure. This bit in particular is spot on:

The strange thing about Hughes’s managerial career, which is into its 17th year, is that when he has had little room in which to manoeuvre, such as at Wales and Blackburn Rovers and for a season at Fulham, he has done well. But when he has been given the resources to develop a vision, as at Manchester City and QPR, he has served up a jumble.

So....he's OK as a manger until he has to buy his own players.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mark Hughes on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 2794 viewsTacticalR

On Five Live Daily on Wednesday after the Stoke-Hull game a Stoke fan rang up and said:

'Marc Wilson, before he signed for Bournemouth, this was when he was still a Stoke City player, said in the media 'It would be nice if Mark Hughes, once in a while, worked on defensive training', and we all laughed and said 'Did you hear what Marc Wilson said?' and 'As if we don't work on defensive training'. Well, I'm sorry, but he might have a point, because we're not just conceding goals, we're conceding two, three, four at time. Three times this season we've conceded four goals. That's not including the absolutely abysmal run we had at the end of last season.'

He also said that Shawcross isn't the same player after getting a back injury and that Stoke shouldn't have sold Huth.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 11:32]

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes on 11:32 - Sep 24 with 2762 viewsrsonist

Mark Hughes on 09:59 - Sep 24 by Northolt_Rs

Thanks for sharing the link. Interesting read for sure. This bit in particular is spot on:

The strange thing about Hughes’s managerial career, which is into its 17th year, is that when he has had little room in which to manoeuvre, such as at Wales and Blackburn Rovers and for a season at Fulham, he has done well. But when he has been given the resources to develop a vision, as at Manchester City and QPR, he has served up a jumble.

So....he's OK as a manger until he has to buy his own players.

That's because his "vision", when allowed to be indulged, is just empty big club big name big talk arrogance and vanity.

This is always the image that stuck in my mind from those days. It really does say it all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024