Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes 14:49 - Sep 18 with 5542 viewsHayesender

Stoke currently losing 2-0 at palace. This will be 5 games from the start of the season without a win.

"It's happening again, it's happening again, Mark Hughes, it's happening again

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mark Hughes on 11:54 - Sep 24 with 1411 viewsTacticalR

@rsonist 'That's because his "vision", when allowed to be indulged, is just empty big club big name big talk arrogance and vanity.'

True, but let's not forget that the QPR board also wanted big names from big clubs so were willing customers at the Hughes and Joorabchian all you can eat buffet.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes on 12:41 - Sep 24 with 1379 viewsrsonist

Mark Hughes on 11:54 - Sep 24 by TacticalR

@rsonist 'That's because his "vision", when allowed to be indulged, is just empty big club big name big talk arrogance and vanity.'

True, but let's not forget that the QPR board also wanted big names from big clubs so were willing customers at the Hughes and Joorabchian all you can eat buffet.

Does that diminish Hughes' responsibility in any way? The board against all common sense got sucked into giving him everything he asked for, sure, but unless you can prove he was strong-armed into anything then Hughes' mistakes were entirely his own.

The problem I have with the line that Club Culture contributed to our downfall is that it forgets that Hughes had more control over his and our destiny than any manager we've ever had.
Mark Hughes on 17:01 - Sep 24 with 1278 viewsCamberleyR

6 without a win. Closing in on that record he set with us

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mark Hughes on 09:56 - Sep 25 with 1109 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mark Hughes on 11:54 - Sep 24 by TacticalR

I don't see that as a reason to blame Fernandes and the board. The worst you can say, imho, is that they were sufficiently football-ignorant to realise that Hughes was a bad choice, but they were hardly Robinson Crusoe on that one: let's face it, that argument is still playing out in real time.

Fernandes got the best manager he thought he could, and then backed him to the hilt. Where is the culpability in that?

The failure was caused by Hughes' particular inadequacies as a manager. I include among them three major inabilities: to compose a new strategy for a team to beat most others and to populate that team (even with huge resources); to analyse an opponent's tactics and devise a suitable counter; and to perceive problems with and make improvements to team morale.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mark Hughes on 14:03 - Sep 25 with 1021 viewsTacticalR

In reply to rsonist and isawqpratwcity, this is what I said at the time of his departure in 2012:

'It does all make you wonder if Fernandes and Hughes were a lethal combination...the man who wanted everything (or didn't have the sense to ask for the right things) and the man who promised everything (or didn't have the sense to promise only what he could deliver).'

QPR left to count the cost of Hughes false ambition
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/18716/qpr-left-to-c

Remember, one of the questions we are trying to answer is why Hughes has appeared to do well (or at least be seen as a safe pair of hands) at some clubs, and not at others.

Well who 'allowed' him 'to be indulged'?

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes on 23:18 - Oct 15 with 876 viewsTacticalR

Hughes has actually won a game.

I suppose even if was sacked this season it would be different from his time at QPR as he has already lasted over three years at Stoke.

Air hostess clique

Mark Hughes on 01:28 - Oct 16 with 813 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mark Hughes on 14:03 - Sep 25 by TacticalR

In reply to rsonist and isawqpratwcity, this is what I said at the time of his departure in 2012:

'It does all make you wonder if Fernandes and Hughes were a lethal combination...the man who wanted everything (or didn't have the sense to ask for the right things) and the man who promised everything (or didn't have the sense to promise only what he could deliver).'

QPR left to count the cost of Hughes false ambition
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/18716/qpr-left-to-c

Remember, one of the questions we are trying to answer is why Hughes has appeared to do well (or at least be seen as a safe pair of hands) at some clubs, and not at others.

Well who 'allowed' him 'to be indulged'?

And as I said more recently, "Fernandes got the best manager he thought he could, and then backed him to the hilt. Where is the culpability in that?"

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024