Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? 11:03 - Sep 20 with 24965 viewsDiscodroids

Could be our First County Championship Title Since 1993. Im Watching the Winner take all decider Vs Yorkshire over the next 4 days Like a crazed Alex in his eye clamps @Clockwork Orange .
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 18:25 - Sep 20 with 2827 viewseasthertsr

Somerset closed on 322-9!!! They've just lost 5 wickets with the score on 322!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 18:26 - Sep 20 with 2824 viewsHendonHoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:35 - Sep 20 by danehoop

Zumerzet are doing their best to remove up, but agree that they should win at a canter. Also a Middlesex supporter since a young age. Hooked when i got to watch them play at Uxbridge when I was waiting for my mum to finish playing tennis there. Actually had a few nets at lords when I as older when I accidentally ended up playing for a few seasons again about 12 years ago. Great experience getting coaching off some of the Middlesex coaches.

Come on you Super Middlesex. We are in with a good shout at present.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 18:49 - Sep 20 with 2794 viewsHollowayRanger

for what its worth im a Somerset supporter and we have NEVER won the frigging title

and after that collapse I don't think they are going win it this time unless Middlesex are bowled out for under 300 and same happens to Yorkshire then they draw or yorkshire win

and of course Somerset have to win their game as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 19:01 - Sep 20 with 2783 viewseasthertsr

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 18:49 - Sep 20 by HollowayRanger

for what its worth im a Somerset supporter and we have NEVER won the frigging title

and after that collapse I don't think they are going win it this time unless Middlesex are bowled out for under 300 and same happens to Yorkshire then they draw or yorkshire win

and of course Somerset have to win their game as well

Have always found the yokels supporters a bit full of themselves considering they had probably the best three players in the world in the eighties but still never won the title. Always mouthy at one day finals during that time I hope we can edge them out this week!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 19:14 - Sep 20 with 2768 viewseasthertsr

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:22 - Sep 20 by johann28

Another fan from birth, and actually played for Middlesex 2nds a few times in early 80s before I realised I was crap. Would be great to see them take the title, but Somerset could well nick it. Gubbins is a wonderful player.

Mate if you played for Middlesex seconds you are not crap! The rest of us who turned out of a weekend we are the crap ones!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:48 - Sep 20 with 2712 viewsNorthLondonR

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 19:01 - Sep 20 by easthertsr

Have always found the yokels supporters a bit full of themselves considering they had probably the best three players in the world in the eighties but still never won the title. Always mouthy at one day finals during that time I hope we can edge them out this week!

Completely agree with this, I somehow know a lot of Somerset supporters who are from Somerset but are all posh and completely full of themselves and self-pitying...

Don't mention it too loudly but apparently (this will sound like a huddersfield ffp investigation) but Somerset, yorks and lancs are primary reasons why we have to consider the city t20 franchise.

Was in Taunton today in a meeting and there are suddenly thousands of devoted fans. Literally hundreds of Ukrainian lesbians as well.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 2707 viewswgchoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:48 - Sep 20 by NorthLondonR

Completely agree with this, I somehow know a lot of Somerset supporters who are from Somerset but are all posh and completely full of themselves and self-pitying...

Don't mention it too loudly but apparently (this will sound like a huddersfield ffp investigation) but Somerset, yorks and lancs are primary reasons why we have to consider the city t20 franchise.

Was in Taunton today in a meeting and there are suddenly thousands of devoted fans. Literally hundreds of Ukrainian lesbians as well.

Another middlesex fan here.
Used to go to alot of games at lords but when they went elsewhere struggled but "would love it " if we piped the yorkies
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 20:56]
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:58 - Sep 20 with 2700 viewschris1969

Middlesex fan back in the 80s and early 90s and even worked at Lords as a steward/barman/ice cream seller for 3 summers. Still look out for scores but haven't been back for 20yrs now. Remember watching the 'Hand of God' 86 QF game with Gatting and Co in the Bar after a match.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 21:09 - Sep 20 with 2693 viewswgchoop

This thread reminds me of my first visit to lords with my dad, got there early watched teams warming up in nets big old devon malcom was firing them in one for deryshire one ball went astray i picked it up and asked for an autograph he duly did and asked " what team u follow today " i say "middlesex" he says "wrong team" he duly rips apart our opening batsmen at the time so full of confidence good old gatting will get us out the sh!t i thought , we only see him walking out the sweet tent with what can only be explained as a large portion of sweets and drink 😎😎
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 21:16 - Sep 20 with 2684 viewsMrSheen

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:48 - Sep 20 by NorthLondonR

Tickets for one day finals were like gold dust in the 70s and 80s. Such a shame they are so poorly attended these days. Another victim of sport not being on free to air television.

It was always funny how p*ssed the fans would get late in the day at Taunton, with Jim Laker and Peter West doing their best to ignore the obscene chanting.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 23:06 - Sep 20 with 2626 viewsCiderwithRsie

One more Middle Saxon here. Always the thinking man's team.

Maybe for the first time all season the stodgy pitch at Lords will suit us, what with Yorkshire having to make up points on us.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 23:50 - Sep 20 with 2609 viewsjohann28

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 19:14 - Sep 20 by easthertsr

Mate if you played for Middlesex seconds you are not crap! The rest of us who turned out of a weekend we are the crap ones!

Ha; I suppose it's all relative - good enough to make it so far, I guess. But I still have nightmares about a ball in the nets delivered by a Mr Norman Cowans which hit me in the chest and after which I was rather pleased to be able to walk away - never saw it leave his hand. With such moments, you bow out gracefully and do something else :(
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 00:20 - Sep 21 with 2590 viewsFredManRave

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 19:14 - Sep 20 by easthertsr

Indeed. When I was 16 I reached the heady heights of playing for Crawley 3rds batting 11 and never getting a bowl. Good I wasn't. Enjoyed it all the same and was a good fielder at mid-off, throwing down the stumps on many an occasion.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 00:27 - Sep 21 with 2585 viewsAndyB

Was in Barbados last month when I was suddenly surrounded by cricket greats - all over for Garry Sobers 80th bash at Kensington Oval.
Courtney Walsh, Curtley Ambrose (one scary dude - but lovely bloke), Clive Lloyd, Ranatunga, Mike Procter, Brian Lara and Collis King.
Was like a school kid - shook hands and had a few words with most. Collis King was well up for a chat when I said his knock in 1979 World Cup final still pisses me off.
Had a good few rum and cokes with Mr.Proctor who
regailed stories about the old days and some very interesting ones about his time as match referee from which he only recently retired.
I spent more time with them than the wife and kids for a couple of days - but fu** it - worth the aggro - wouldn't you?
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:34 - Sep 21 with 2522 viewsstevenagehoop

Another one here although Willesden was easier to get to Lords. Still did see Roland Butcher locally before he stepped up.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:53 - Sep 21 with 1720 viewsDiscodroids

Reading through the thread last night gave me a ready brek Glow and an odd feeling of pride in the Team I support which has been so sadly lacking with QPR. In fact I spent 4 hours last night watching late 70's early 80's Gillette And Benson and Hedges one day cup finals on you tube with Richie Benaud, Jim Laker, Tony lewis,Tom Gravney, Ted Dexter And Peter West commentating. great stuff.

I really must get out more.

Paul Downton could found with alarming regularity in the Lamb Tavern , Leadenhall Market in the mid 90's and Andrew Miller (former Middle Batsman in the mid 80's) was a broker at Bowring Reinsurance.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 8:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:54 - Sep 21 with 1720 viewsElHoop

I don't think that Somerset will have to bat again in their match, which might be good enough if Middlesex don't win, but this title could be extremely close.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 10:26 - Sep 21 with 1684 viewsheadhoops

Head Hoops. Born Shepperton - Middlesex.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 10:29 - Sep 21 with 1681 viewsHunterhoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 23:06 - Sep 20 by CiderwithRsie

One more Middle Saxon here. Always the thinking man's team.

Maybe for the first time all season the stodgy pitch at Lords will suit us, what with Yorkshire having to make up points on us.

Exactly.

Slurry is show ponies for the Made in Chelsea crowd of graduates working in Accenture or PWC (other generic accounting firms exist); Essex is for loud mouthed builders or coked up city traders. Middlesex is for gentlemen, thinkers and witty cricket lovers.

Anyway, Today's first session is huge. The weather is a LOT better than yesterday's conditions. Clouds were very low yesterday and no sunshine. Ball swung and seamed (even up the hill!) all day. Batting today will be a lot easier. Therefore, we need to get up past 300. A lot rests on Gubbo and Franklin because TRJ doesn't always come off (when he does...WHAMMY!) and Rayner has forgotten how to bat.

Equally, I have faith in our attack. If there is swing, Murts will find it. TRJ, on a track like this which seams and keeps a tad low could....COULD....run through them. He's done it before to teams. And Finn bowls spells for us, where he's the big man, which he simply doesn't for England. He's faster and better for us. And Yorkshire have picked a team filled with bowlers. Bresnan was their 5th seamer yesterday! He could bat 5 today and Willey 6! Their whole tail can hold a bat, but there's only a handful of out and out batters and two of them are out of nick!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:37 - Sep 21 with 1657 viewsMrSheen

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:53 - Sep 21 by Discodroids

Reading through the thread last night gave me a ready brek Glow and an odd feeling of pride in the Team I support which has been so sadly lacking with QPR. In fact I spent 4 hours last night watching late 70's early 80's Gillette And Benson and Hedges one day cup finals on you tube with Richie Benaud, Jim Laker, Tony lewis,Tom Gravney, Ted Dexter And Peter West commentating. great stuff.

I really must get out more.

Paul Downton could found with alarming regularity in the Lamb Tavern , Leadenhall Market in the mid 90's and Andrew Miller (former Middle Batsman in the mid 80's) was a broker at Bowring Reinsurance.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 8:56]

Downton used to be our salesman at Cazenove when I worked in European equities. Ummmn, not the brightest, I was amazed when he got a top job in ECB administration, less surprised when he lost it. I was at college with John Carr - fantastic footballer - a few of us used to go and watch him at Lord's. We'd meet him behind the pavilion at the close of play, and try to sign as many autographs for kids on the way out of the Grace Gates before they worked out we weren't players.

Didn't Miller live in an estate car when he was playing? Talented as anything, but too keen a drinker to make the most of it.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:00 - Sep 21 with 1638 viewshopphoops

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 23:50 - Sep 20 by johann28

Ha; I suppose it's all relative - good enough to make it so far, I guess. But I still have nightmares about a ball in the nets delivered by a Mr Norman Cowans which hit me in the chest and after which I was rather pleased to be able to walk away - never saw it leave his hand. With such moments, you bow out gracefully and do something else :(

Well I'm impressed. My only cricketing claim to fame was being caught behind by Alan Partridge's very own Glenn Ponder (ta-tish!), who had a fine leg-break on him, a proper pub-league Abdul Qadir he was.

I grew up watching Worcs in the Hick and Dilley (RIP) years and before that Glamorgan when the openers were Alan Jones and Alan Lewis Jones, the scorers' nightmare. Depressingly I couldn't name any of the Middx or Yorkshire teams now.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:26 - Sep 21 with 1625 viewsDiscodroids

Mmmmm 270 all out. 50 runs short i reckon.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:44 - Sep 21 with 1594 viewsmikeygunn

Yawkshure! Its gonna go right to the wire but Somerset are faves on sky bet. Yorks second and Middlesex the outsiders. I'm not putting a bet on though as I've no idea what will happen!

All the best to Middlesex & Somerset fans, may the best team win!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:49 - Sep 21 with 1591 viewsjohann28

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:26 - Sep 21 by Discodroids

Mmmmm 270 all out. 50 runs short i reckon.

Yup. Will have to bowl out of their skins. Yorks back in it. Very exciting end to season
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 12:54 - Sep 21 with 1583 viewsrbsranger

Another Middx fan here that used to enjoy the glory days of the 1980s. Not looking good this morning after Somerset got the 4th batting point that looked unlikely and we only managed 2. Assuming that Somerset win, they will get 23 points and we can only get 10 at most if it is a draw in our game, meaning we will definitely need to win to win the title. 2 most crucial sessions of the season coming up. If we can bowl Yorks out cheaply in the first innings then we might just do it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024