Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? 11:03 - Sep 20 with 24867 viewsDiscodroids

Could be our First County Championship Title Since 1993. Im Watching the Winner take all decider Vs Yorkshire over the next 4 days Like a crazed Alex in his eye clamps @Clockwork Orange .
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:21 - Sep 21 with 2541 viewsplasmahoop

We will need to bowl well. With reference to Neil Williams who was mentioned further up, I had no idea he had died. Ten years ago aged just 43. Completely passed me by, don't know how.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:25 - Sep 21 with 2536 viewsstowmarketrange

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 10:29 - Sep 21 by Hunterhoop

Exactly.

Slurry is show ponies for the Made in Chelsea crowd of graduates working in Accenture or PWC (other generic accounting firms exist); Essex is for loud mouthed builders or coked up city traders. Middlesex is for gentlemen, thinkers and witty cricket lovers.

Anyway, Today's first session is huge. The weather is a LOT better than yesterday's conditions. Clouds were very low yesterday and no sunshine. Ball swung and seamed (even up the hill!) all day. Batting today will be a lot easier. Therefore, we need to get up past 300. A lot rests on Gubbo and Franklin because TRJ doesn't always come off (when he does...WHAMMY!) and Rayner has forgotten how to bat.

Equally, I have faith in our attack. If there is swing, Murts will find it. TRJ, on a track like this which seams and keeps a tad low could....COULD....run through them. He's done it before to teams. And Finn bowls spells for us, where he's the big man, which he simply doesn't for England. He's faster and better for us. And Yorkshire have picked a team filled with bowlers. Bresnan was their 5th seamer yesterday! He could bat 5 today and Willey 6! Their whole tail can hold a bat, but there's only a handful of out and out batters and two of them are out of nick!

As a Surrey man I've followed this thread with a slight interest until now.I didn't really care who won the title as long as it wasn't Yorkshire,but after being called slurry and made in chelshite people,I've got a sudden liking for zumerzet.
Thinking mans county indeed.They must be thinking about how they've not won it for 23 years with all those great players.
You only just held out for a draw against little old Surrey last month.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:31 - Sep 21 with 2525 viewsDiscodroids

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:21 - Sep 21 by plasmahoop

We will need to bowl well. With reference to Neil Williams who was mentioned further up, I had no idea he had died. Ten years ago aged just 43. Completely passed me by, don't know how.

sad. I was watching an old benson and hedges cup final on youtube last ight and was looking up some players on circinfo and read that David thomas the old surrey fast bowler died a couple of years ago in his early 50's.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:51 - Sep 21 with 2500 viewsmakaveli1882

Yorkshire 32/3

Am I right in thinking if Middlesex win they win the league regardless?
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:53 - Sep 21 with 2495 viewsstowmarketrange

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:51 - Sep 21 by makaveli1882

Yorkshire 32/3

Am I right in thinking if Middlesex win they win the league regardless?

Yes.They are 10pts in front of Somerset.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:53 - Sep 21 with 2495 viewsCamberleyR

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:31 - Sep 21 by Discodroids

sad. I was watching an old benson and hedges cup final on youtube last ight and was looking up some players on circinfo and read that David thomas the old surrey fast bowler died a couple of years ago in his early 50's.

Blimey, didn't realise he'd died. Reading his Cricinfo profile again he suffered with MS, poor bloke. David Thomas was one of the great nearly men for England in the early 80s. I seem to remember him getting into a few England test squads when they used to name them on a Sunday at lunchtime but he was always 12th man. He was another one that got lumped into the "New Botham" category.

Being a Surrey man, I remember that he was MOTM in the 1982 NatWest final and everybody thought he was a shoo-in for the Ashes tour squad that was going to be named the following day but instead his place went to Derek Bloody Pringle I think, who IIRC was Chairman of selectors Peter May's godson or something.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:54 - Sep 21 with 2491 viewsmakaveli1882

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:53 - Sep 21 by stowmarketrange

Yes.They are 10pts in front of Somerset.

Thanks, wonder if it will go to Friday
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:00 - Sep 21 with 2475 viewsDiscodroids

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:53 - Sep 21 by CamberleyR

Blimey, didn't realise he'd died. Reading his Cricinfo profile again he suffered with MS, poor bloke. David Thomas was one of the great nearly men for England in the early 80s. I seem to remember him getting into a few England test squads when they used to name them on a Sunday at lunchtime but he was always 12th man. He was another one that got lumped into the "New Botham" category.

Being a Surrey man, I remember that he was MOTM in the 1982 NatWest final and everybody thought he was a shoo-in for the Ashes tour squad that was going to be named the following day but instead his place went to Derek Bloody Pringle I think, who IIRC was Chairman of selectors Peter May's godson or something.

Yep i remember that about david thomas, i think Clive Lloyd said he was one of the fastest 3 english bowlers he had faced in county cricket along with Greg Thomas from Glamorgan and Paul Smith from Warwicks.

good side surrey in the those days,,Monte Lynch, Pat Pocock, Graham roope, David smith, and the openers Alan Butcher and Grahame Clinton .

Login to get fewer ads

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:02 - Sep 21 with 2468 viewsstowmarketrange

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:54 - Sep 21 by makaveli1882

Thanks, wonder if it will go to Friday

Not the way its going.You'd better book up though as it looks like its filling up faster than the Lower Loft on a night game.There must be at least 150 people there now.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 2461 viewsHunterhoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:25 - Sep 21 by stowmarketrange

As a Surrey man I've followed this thread with a slight interest until now.I didn't really care who won the title as long as it wasn't Yorkshire,but after being called slurry and made in chelshite people,I've got a sudden liking for zumerzet.
Thinking mans county indeed.They must be thinking about how they've not won it for 23 years with all those great players.
You only just held out for a draw against little old Surrey last month.

Oh, don't be so sensitive. It's light hearted. Besides, you been down the Oval recently. Have a look around!

And Slurry were excellent in that match. No doubt about it. But you still didn't win and only the weather saved you earlier in the season.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:16 - Sep 21 with 2444 viewsstowmarketrange

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:06 - Sep 21 by Hunterhoop

Oh, don't be so sensitive. It's light hearted. Besides, you been down the Oval recently. Have a look around!

And Slurry were excellent in that match. No doubt about it. But you still didn't win and only the weather saved you earlier in the season.

I was last there for the Ashes finale a couple of years ago,so I'm definitely a regular.I also went to Lords for the 1 day cup final last year,but I'm glad I didn't make it last Saturday.

The only decent cricket ground near me is at Chelmsford but I don't think I could go there too often.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:23 - Sep 21 with 2440 viewsbob566

are these clubs subsidised in any way?

just looking at the average attendance figures and the average in the county league is 3500 (source wiki)

how do they upkeep a place like lords with figures like that.

according to wiki there are speedway meetings with better average attendances. I just don't get how they survive.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 14:24]
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:07 - Sep 21 with 2413 viewsCamberleyR

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:23 - Sep 21 by bob566

just looking at the average attendance figures and the average in the county league is 3500 (source wiki)

according to wiki there are speedway meetings with better average attendances. I just don't get how they survive.

MCC upkeep Lord's as they own it. Middlesex are just tenants.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:35 - Sep 21 with 2391 viewsmikeygunn

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:23 - Sep 21 by bob566

Test Cricket & ODI's keep Yorkshire going, that and the T20's against Lancashire.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:53 - Sep 21 with 2367 viewsDiscodroids

the Compton dropped catch looking like it could cost us.

Notts rolling over and having their tummy tickled.

humbug.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:55 - Sep 21 with 2319 viewsHunterhoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:53 - Sep 21 by Discodroids

the Compton dropped catch looking like it could cost us.

Notts rolling over and having their tummy tickled.

humbug.

Yep. As easy as they come at 3rd slip. Would have been 90 odd for 5. Huge drop....We could be facing a 50-100 run deficit with only a day and a half left. Very difficult to win from there. Need wickets and quickly!

As is always the case though: Lords under clouds = moves all over the place; Lord's in sun = easy to bat. We have definitely had the worst of the conditions in this match and through the season. More overs lost to rain than anyone else...
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 19:44 - Sep 21 with 2266 viewsHollowayRanger

Being Somerset I want a midd/ York draw or York to win as long as they don't get 350

somersets hidreaths ankle

made 135 on that and its fractured
we also got a 19 year old new spin bowler this is just his 2nd match

first match v warwick took with 8 wickets for 59 runs
this his 2nd match first inns took 5 for 43

and made 41 as last man to gain that 4th bonus batting point

Somerset could actually win their first EVER championhip what a reward that would be for Trescothick

still long way to go think Middlesex are favs if they finish off York for under 350 then York cant win it so could well fold 2nd inns

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:39 - Sep 22 with 2163 viewsDiscodroids

Its all about the first 2hours today IMO. We need to sweep 'em up in parity or for a 10 to 20 run deficit, Then Get 250/260 if possible by close.

A Full day tomorrow with the ball to go for the throat.

He who dares Rodders.He who Dares.

Let 'ave it.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 10:49 - Sep 22 with 2140 viewsDiscodroids

diabolical start . 4's all over the gaff and another dropped catch from compton aka Mr Magoo.

edit another dropped catch, two this morning now..middlesex folding up like a cheap b&Q pair of step ladders under the pressure.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 11:04]

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:16 - Sep 22 with 2123 viewsbob566

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 10:49 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

diabolical start . 4's all over the gaff and another dropped catch from compton aka Mr Magoo.

edit another dropped catch, two this morning now..middlesex folding up like a cheap b&Q pair of step ladders under the pressure.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 11:04]

msex are making hard work of this. Awful morning. Dropped catches everywhere and Robson has gone off injured.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:34 - Sep 22 with 2104 viewsDiscodroids

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:16 - Sep 22 by bob566

msex are making hard work of this. Awful morning. Dropped catches everywhere and Robson has gone off injured.

the only thing we need now is toby roland jones to be kidnapped by aliens and replaced with Kellie Maloney. We had lancashire at 6 for 4 last match and yorks 40 odd for 4 in this.

perhaps we dont deserve to win it.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:39 - Sep 22 with 2099 viewsbob566

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:34 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

the only thing we need now is toby roland jones to be kidnapped by aliens and replaced with Kellie Maloney. We had lancashire at 6 for 4 last match and yorks 40 odd for 4 in this.

perhaps we dont deserve to win it.

century up for Tim Bresnan.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 15:46 - Sep 22 with 2028 viewsmikeygunn

All gone quiet on here! Still a tough one to call, 120 runs behind and Middlesex have to win....who wins?!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:36 - Sep 22 with 2013 viewsMrSheen

10-2, still 110 behind. Curtains.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:43 - Sep 22 with 1999 viewsplasmahoop

We are screwed. I would like us to at least draw so bloody Yorkshire don't win it. I could at least be a bit pleased for somerset. And with reference to the earlier thread, county cricket is subsidised by the ecb from test match ticket sales
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024