Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? 11:03 - Sep 20 with 24896 viewsDiscodroids

Could be our First County Championship Title Since 1993. Im Watching the Winner take all decider Vs Yorkshire over the next 4 days Like a crazed Alex in his eye clamps @Clockwork Orange .
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 11:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:47 - Sep 22 with 2156 viewsHunterhoop

Worst 4 sessions from us all season. Typical.

From having them 57-4 to this. Pathetic.

Compton has had a mare. Bugger all runs and two dollies dropped in the Yorkshire innings which would have saved us 100 odd runs. Pillock.

Feel for TRJ and Gubbins, and to a lesser degree Finn, Murtagh and Franklin. Given their all. Not backed up. Rayner has completely gone missing in this match too.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:59 - Sep 22 with 2140 viewsbob566

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:43 - Sep 22 by plasmahoop

We are screwed. I would like us to at least draw so bloody Yorkshire don't win it. I could at least be a bit pleased for somerset. And with reference to the earlier thread, county cricket is subsidised by the ecb from test match ticket sales

thanks.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:59 - Sep 22 with 2140 viewsMrSheen

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:43 - Sep 22 by plasmahoop

We are screwed. I would like us to at least draw so bloody Yorkshire don't win it. I could at least be a bit pleased for somerset. And with reference to the earlier thread, county cricket is subsidised by the ecb from test match ticket sales

Is this the most thorough thrashing administered by Somerset since the days of Peter Roebuck?
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:13 - Sep 22 with 2121 viewsHendonHoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:59 - Sep 22 by bob566

thanks.

Not a chance now. As good as over.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:29 - Sep 22 with 2112 viewsDiscodroids

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 16:47 - Sep 22 by Hunterhoop

Worst 4 sessions from us all season. Typical.

From having them 57-4 to this. Pathetic.

Compton has had a mare. Bugger all runs and two dollies dropped in the Yorkshire innings which would have saved us 100 odd runs. Pillock.

Feel for TRJ and Gubbins, and to a lesser degree Finn, Murtagh and Franklin. Given their all. Not backed up. Rayner has completely gone missing in this match too.

summed up brilliantly and my thoughts exactly.

Came back from the dentist to see that they (yorks) put on over 50 for the last wicket with sidebottom batting like wayne larkins and bresnan morphing into kapil dev. Most of their bottom order with season best scores.

when we went 2 wickets down for two runs i opened a packet of shortbreads and arsed the lot like some kind of hormonal woman whose husband has just run off with the 19 year old baby sitter . Might even put on ' love actually' in a minute and have a good cry. depressing.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 17:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:49 - Sep 22 with 2107 viewsdanehoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:29 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

Came back from the dentist to see that they (yorks) put on over 50 for the last wicket with sidebottom batting like wayne larkins and bresnan morphing into kapil dev. Most of their bottom order with season best scores.

when we went 2 wickets down for two runs i opened a packet of shortbreads and arsed the lot like some kind of hormonal woman whose husband has just run off with the 19 year old baby sitter . Might even put on ' love actually' in a minute and have a good cry. depressing.

We have choked. Unless there is an extrodinairy turn of events we have blown it.

Never knowingly understood

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 2044 viewsHunterhoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 17:29 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

I genuinely feel sad. One of my mates txt me saying the same thing. Supported Middlesex since 1994. 23 bloody seasons. 69 major trophies available each season. We've won one....in 2008.

I thought we were going to do it and win the big one this year. I suggest we have a 2% chance from here. We have two options:

1) treat tomorrow like a one day game. Go like the clappers. Bat for 40-45overs, score 250 at least, set them over 200 in 50 odd. Somehow bowl them out. Hope we get a few early and the pitch goes up and down and starts turning. Rayner to step up or Finn to take a pocket full of Coke and decapitate them.

2) bat normal and long and deep into the day. Set something like 220 with 25-30 overs for the Yorkies to get them. Turn it into a sort of T20 for them and hope we can bowl them out as occasionally happens in T20s. With Yorks having to throw the bat, chances/wickets bound to come....and pressure could aid us. Also rests the quicks a bit longer.

The wicket will not be easy to take 10 wickets if Yorks can take no wickets, but 25 overs won't be long enough. I'd prefer say f*ck it, let's have you, and go for option 1. Toby and Murts scored 100 in 9.3 overs against this bunch earlier in the season when we beat them. We need to get 10 wickets. I don't give a sh*t if we finish 2nd or 3rd...both mean nothing. Malan and Rayner need to turn up. We need something special from the batters and then Finn or TRJ to run through them like a knife through Yorkshire f*cking butter. I very much doubt it'll happen.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 21:02 - Sep 22 with 2037 viewsHollowayRanger

im sure the two captains will try to fix it so that there's a winner

but being a somerset supporter I would love Middlesex to say sod it we cant win this but we will do our best to stop you winning it as well
I think York will try to bowl out Middlesex till lunch then offer them a deal

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 00:06 - Sep 23 with 1976 viewsColombiR

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 20:50 - Sep 22 by Hunterhoop

I genuinely feel sad. One of my mates txt me saying the same thing. Supported Middlesex since 1994. 23 bloody seasons. 69 major trophies available each season. We've won one....in 2008.

I thought we were going to do it and win the big one this year. I suggest we have a 2% chance from here. We have two options:

1) treat tomorrow like a one day game. Go like the clappers. Bat for 40-45overs, score 250 at least, set them over 200 in 50 odd. Somehow bowl them out. Hope we get a few early and the pitch goes up and down and starts turning. Rayner to step up or Finn to take a pocket full of Coke and decapitate them.

2) bat normal and long and deep into the day. Set something like 220 with 25-30 overs for the Yorkies to get them. Turn it into a sort of T20 for them and hope we can bowl them out as occasionally happens in T20s. With Yorks having to throw the bat, chances/wickets bound to come....and pressure could aid us. Also rests the quicks a bit longer.

The wicket will not be easy to take 10 wickets if Yorks can take no wickets, but 25 overs won't be long enough. I'd prefer say f*ck it, let's have you, and go for option 1. Toby and Murts scored 100 in 9.3 overs against this bunch earlier in the season when we beat them. We need to get 10 wickets. I don't give a sh*t if we finish 2nd or 3rd...both mean nothing. Malan and Rayner need to turn up. We need something special from the batters and then Finn or TRJ to run through them like a knife through Yorkshire f*cking butter. I very much doubt it'll happen.

It's very hard to escape the feeling that we've thrown this away, but the exceptional circumstances mean we still have an outside chance.
I imagine we'll just bat normally in the morning session; if Gubbins and Malan stick around then the score rate will naturally be decent. Unless we set them 150-200 then it's game over.
I'd argue we don't want to leave them too many overs to get the runs because our best hope is forcing them to bat very aggressively. Their tail is full of hitters who will continue to hit whatever the target because they have nothing to lose. Funnily enough it's looking tough for
220 in 30 overs sounds about right. Set them 200 off 50 overs and I fear they'd cruise to victory. These days you can expect to score 80+ easily in the last 10 overs if you have wickets in hand, so they'd have no need to rush early-doors at all.
TRJ is flying and you'd back him to take early wickets again; this time let's not give them the option of consolidating...

Yes, we're choking under the pressure but those incredible victories at Scarborough, and at Taunton without any bowlers, were the kinds of games Championship-winning sides take and we'd fully deserve the title. Let down by the bloody weather and Lord's pitch early in the season really...

Gawd knows what's going on in Compton's head but he can't be anywhere near the slip cordon tomorrow...

I'll be up at 4am tomorrow to watch in any case.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 00:15 - Sep 23 with 1969 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chins up, lads; some of our best wins came when all seemed lost, including at Scarborough vs this lot.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 00:31 - Sep 23 with 1960 viewsStanisgod

Sorry guys, but as an Essex fan this is on par with Terrys slip in the Champions final . Seriously, be nice to see one of the smaller teams win something

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:01 - Sep 23 with 1932 viewsHunterhoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 00:31 - Sep 23 by Stanisgod

Sorry guys, but as an Essex fan this is on par with Terrys slip in the Champions final . Seriously, be nice to see one of the smaller teams win something

We are effectively one of the smaller sides now!! We've won one trophy in 23 seasons!! We haven't even done a Liverpool and won the knock out competitions even though they stopped winning the league. We stopped winning anything!

Have a heart. And don't ever compare us to Chelsea. Slurry are Chelsea. Most Slurry fans support Chelsea and every fan in county cricket know they equate (except possibly the non-Chelsea supporting Surrey fans).
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:17 - Sep 23 with 1925 viewsElHoop

Betting is around:

4/5 Yorks
2/1 Somerset
9/2 Middx

I think that Yorkshire is a bad bet at 4/5. I can see Middx batting for as long as they want. That might leave Yorkshire needing around 200 off 20 odd overs. That's not a T20 type chase because of there being fewer fielding and bowling restrictions. To throw the bat in those circumstances is dangerous but what else can they do? It's hard for Somerset who are in the QPR 75/76 position. Both sides need to win this game so in all probability somebody will do so.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:59 - Sep 23 with 1910 viewsjohnhoop

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:01 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

We are effectively one of the smaller sides now!! We've won one trophy in 23 seasons!! We haven't even done a Liverpool and won the knock out competitions even though they stopped winning the league. We stopped winning anything!

Have a heart. And don't ever compare us to Chelsea. Slurry are Chelsea. Most Slurry fans support Chelsea and every fan in county cricket know they equate (except possibly the non-Chelsea supporting Surrey fans).

To me if Surrey are Chelsea (which I'm not sure about), then Yorkshire are like ManUre and Man City combined. The two tier Championship may be a good thing in some ways but it's given rich clubs like Yorkshire the chance to asset strip the second division teams to make their already strong pool of players virtually unbeatable. Adding players like Jack Brooks and David Willey from Northants and Liam Plunkett from Durham means that the smaller sides are likely to struggle in perpetuity and Middlesex and Somerset have done extremely well to make it as close as they have.
I really admire the stance taken by Ben Duckett this week, who said that if he could be selected for the England tour party from the second Division, then he'd like to remain a Northants player. And I really hope Middlesex bat it out today because it would be great to see a first Championship for Somerset.Sod's law means they probably won't though.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 09:41 - Sep 23 with 1892 viewsStanisgod

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 08:01 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Just having a laugh 😏 I can't say much as I was born in Willesden but moved to Essex in 1967 at 12 years old, so I'm a bit of a traitor really. My late dad, grandad and uncle were all staunch Middlesex and used to give me loads of grief for supporting Essex.
But what did they know , they introduced me to Rangers even though my grandad was staunch Spurs , my dad Chelsea ( I know ), and my uncle Blackpool !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 10:04 - Sep 23 with 1866 viewsElHoop

I don't see how Surrey are Chelsea either. Nobody else is Chelsea - Chelsea are the ultimate scum fc and that's the beginning middle and end of it.

I once went through the test teams and paired them with international soccer teams but I've fogotten most of it now. Was something like this anyway:

England - England
India - Brazil
Pakistan - Argentina
South Africa - Holland
Australia - Germany
West Indies - Cameroon
New Zealand - Austria
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 11:48 - Sep 23 with 1836 viewskensalriser

I know next to nothing about cricket but I will say that QPR is a Middlesex club and a QPR supporter supporting another county is, well, just not cricket.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:23 - Sep 23 with 1776 viewsMrSheen

Eskinazi 19 ball 0 not out. That's the spirit!
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:30 - Sep 23 with 1772 viewsKonk

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:23 - Sep 23 by MrSheen

This has shades of Alan Ball's Man City playing for the draw against Liverpool in '96.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:34 - Sep 23 with 1763 viewsCamberleyR

The spirit of Chris Tavaré lives on. He's off the mark now though.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 13:36 - Sep 23 with 1762 viewsElHoop

They'll all muck about until it ends up with Yorks needing 200 odd off of 20 odd overs.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:29 - Sep 23 with 1711 viewsMrSheen

Fair play, 54 off 66 now. Simpson got 31 off 10!

Both Yorkie openers bowling. Obvious declaration fodder.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 14:30]
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 1692 viewsMrSheen

Yorkshire set 239 off 40 overs.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:52 - Sep 23 with 1672 viewsbob566

Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:46 - Sep 23 by MrSheen

Yorkshire set 239 off 40 overs.

six an over. Needs some real tight bowling now.
Any Middlesex Supporters on Here ? on 14:58 - Sep 23 with 1656 viewsplasmahoop

At least we have a chance. Last night I thought wed probably get bowled out this morning. Being naturally pessimistic, I think Yorkshire will win, but we have a chance and it should be entertaining. Come on the middle
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024