Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey's Book 11:36 - Sep 22 with 12348 viewsLunarJetman

Got this review on Amazon....

"Contains quite a considerable amount of nonsense. It reads like Rik from The Young Ones' essay about what he did in the summer holidays; a summer that saw an inexplicably bitter Rik from The Young Ones play for Burnley, pausing occasionally to assault an adolescent.

If you ever wanted to know what Marlon Brando's "I coulda been a contender" speech might've read like if written by post-success Freddie Star over 352 pages, this is the book for you. If not, I'd recommend that you check out literally any other book ever written, or perhaps even the calming serenity of staring into the middle distance for 3 to 4 hours.

Awarding it 2 stars as the cover image make Barton look like a minor character from HBO's Deadwood. Or an owner of an unremarkable cafe who, in an attempt to reverse his business's ailing fortunes, has rebranded himself as a provocative hipster who's rude to breastfeeding mothers on his cafe's Facebook page.
"
Joey's Book on 19:28 - Sep 22 with 3327 viewsstuabd

Big Ron has a book out as well. Well soon anyway. Apparently it was going to be serialised in one of the papers but the editor pulled the plug saying he was still toxic. They are even struggling to get a bookshop that will do the launch.

It's called the manager. That must have taken some time to think that one up. I think it's safe to say that this will be a 99p kindle book in record time.

I saw him in the pub near where I live last year. He was doing a Dennis Taylor tribute evening. Both of them looked like they were on their last legs. Couldn't resist going over to say hello. He had what I thought was his minder with him; a big fat Irish bloke who turned out to be Steve Staunton. Ron's wig is a work of art.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/22/ron-atkinson-on-the-one-word-that
Joey's Book on 19:49 - Sep 22 with 3293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Ron Atkinson on the one word that has defined his career: 'To this day, I cannot believe that I said it' "

I can. Because you did it before, 'Big' Ron. So it's not one word, you pr!ck.

"He said on-air that Cameroon defender Massing did not have a brain. Viewers abroad later heard him ask Moore, off-microphone, whether the criticism of Massing could have caused trouble "if his mother had been listening in Cameroon up a tree"."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1459982/Atkinson-sorry-for-racist-remark.html

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joey's Book on 19:56 - Sep 22 with 3281 viewsstuabd

Joey's Book on 19:49 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

"Ron Atkinson on the one word that has defined his career: 'To this day, I cannot believe that I said it' "

I can. Because you did it before, 'Big' Ron. So it's not one word, you pr!ck.

"He said on-air that Cameroon defender Massing did not have a brain. Viewers abroad later heard him ask Moore, off-microphone, whether the criticism of Massing could have caused trouble "if his mother had been listening in Cameroon up a tree"."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1459982/Atkinson-sorry-for-racist-remark.html

Yeah, he constantly defends his n-word comment by saying that he gave black players a chance in football. He did pick black players but that was because the likes of Regis and Cunnimgham were top players that helped him to be successful.
Joey's Book on 19:57 - Sep 22 with 3276 viewssmegma

If it's as bad as Morrisseys autobiography then I'll doff my cap to the egotistical up his own Arsenal C You Next Tuesday.That is surely the zenith of writing.
Joey's Book on 20:12 - Sep 22 with 3257 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Joey's Book on 19:57 - Sep 22 by smegma

If it's as bad as Morrisseys autobiography then I'll doff my cap to the egotistical up his own Arsenal C You Next Tuesday.That is surely the zenith of writing.

Man, I lasted half a page on that. Seriously - I'm not exaggerating. Half a page.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joey's Book on 21:21 - Sep 22 with 3214 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No doubt the central themes throughout the book are: it wasn't my fault, I was right/they were wrong and I'm the victim in all of this!

I fear his impending departure from over the border will hasten the day when Linekar will utter the following '...and alongside me in the studio, Joey Barton and Robbie Savage' whereupon HM Government can stick their licence fee up their 'arris.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Joey's Book on 21:53 - Sep 22 with 3178 viewslondonscottish

Joey's Book on 19:57 - Sep 22 by smegma

God, those two deserve each other. Two of the most annoying knobs ever.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Joey's Book on 03:02 - Sep 23 with 3082 viewsBoston

Joey's Book on 11:52 - Sep 22 by Jeff

really, really curious to read it (in the same way i 'enjoy' reading the daily mail for the outrage...) but i absolutely refuse to give the tw@t any more of my money considering how much he's had from me / us in the last few years.

if anyone has a hooky copy lying about (that LFW in no way endorses me seeing...), let me know?

You really don't understand the Scouser philosophy, Jeffrey. In honour of the author, you start a ruckus down one end of the counter while I slip a couple of first editions under me coat.Divvy up down the local.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Joey's Book on 18:05 - Sep 23 with 2992 viewsRBlock

Joey's Book on 12:00 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Greatest book review ever written

https://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel/293169

Got around to reading this. Absolutely fcking incredible. The second installment for anyone who hasn't seen it....
http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/
Joey's Book on 18:25 - Sep 23 with 2975 viewsNorthernr

Joey's Book on 18:05 - Sep 23 by RBlock

Got around to reading this. Absolutely fcking incredible. The second installment for anyone who hasn't seen it....
http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

There are two beautiful lines in there - "because sometimes even Steve Bruce tired of subtlety" and "anyway, enough plot". Absolutely slayed me. That and all the stuff crammed into the last four pages.
Joey's Book on 18:58 - Sep 23 with 2940 viewsDannyPaddox

Imagine (ear-magine?) the horror of the audio version of Barton's book. A long drawn out atonal whine. Karlheinz Stockhausen reversing in a lorry.
Joey's Book on 20:19 - Sep 23 with 2870 viewssmegma

Joey's Book on 20:12 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Man, I lasted half a page on that. Seriously - I'm not exaggerating. Half a page.

I got through it on a diet of LSD, temazepan, ketamine and a big bag of Haribo. I think the author did the same going by the gibberish spouted within.
Joey's Book on 09:20 - Sep 24 with 2796 viewsRBlock

Joey's Book on 18:25 - Sep 23 by Northernr

There are two beautiful lines in there - "because sometimes even Steve Bruce tired of subtlety" and "anyway, enough plot". Absolutely slayed me. That and all the stuff crammed into the last four pages.

I love the constant preening over the Jag, and tangential history lessons
Joey's Book on 12:43 - Sep 24 with 2748 viewsAddinall

Classic Lawro quote on Football Focus re JB.

"Promising career ruined by a niggling brain injury"
Joey's Book on 13:45 - Sep 24 with 2707 viewslondonscottish

Joey's Book on 09:20 - Sep 24 by RBlock

I love the constant preening over the Jag, and tangential history lessons

Is that the Jag with the 3.2 litre engine, speed sensitive power steering and electronic automatic gearbox?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Joey's Book on 12:16 - Sep 26 with 2464 viewsR_from_afar

I haven't read the book but The Observer had a short article about how Barton is able to laugh at himself (who knew?). If this episode is true and not just invented for the book, it is wicked.

Apparently, JB and his agent were in the car, with JB looking for a club but all set to join the Rs, when his agent's 'phone rang and they both saw the name "Sir Alex" flash up on the 'phone's screen. JB proceeded to have a chat with Sir Alex telling him how keen he was to join ManUre and how he would shore up their fragile central midfield. It turned out that the bloke on the other end of the 'phone was a mate of the agent doing such a convincing impression of Sir Alex that Barton fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joey's Book on 14:37 - Sep 26 with 2341 viewsThe_Mole

When a player openly admits to inflicting not one, but three 'late' tackles on Adel to make a point you know something isn't quite right upstairs!

I bet he loved stitching NW up as well when called into the boardroom to speak with TF and Amit!
Joey's Book on 15:20 - Sep 26 with 2308 viewsNorthernr

Joey's Book on 14:37 - Sep 26 by The_Mole

When a player openly admits to inflicting not one, but three 'late' tackles on Adel to make a point you know something isn't quite right upstairs!

I bet he loved stitching NW up as well when called into the boardroom to speak with TF and Amit!

Yeh, very keen to get on his Twitter once Mark Hughes arrived and tell everybody how much better everything was, more professional , better training etc - wholly disrespectful to Warnock who he'd only played for for five months, and who'd won a promotion with us just the summer before.

Of course when Barton subsequently fcked up again, entirely of his own volition, and was bombed out by Hughes, he became a dreadful manager who didn't know what he was doing and completely misunderstood that Barton punching and kicking people and getting sent off in another massive game for us was just because he wants to win more than anybody else etc etc etc etc.

Basically Barton never does anything wrong. It's either other people misunderstanding him because they're not on his intellectual level, or they're crimes of passion brought about by his unmatched desire to win.

Absolute wnkr.
Joey's Book on 15:29 - Sep 26 with 2299 viewsFearless

Joey's Book on 15:20 - Sep 26 by Northernr

Yeh, very keen to get on his Twitter once Mark Hughes arrived and tell everybody how much better everything was, more professional , better training etc - wholly disrespectful to Warnock who he'd only played for for five months, and who'd won a promotion with us just the summer before.

Of course when Barton subsequently fcked up again, entirely of his own volition, and was bombed out by Hughes, he became a dreadful manager who didn't know what he was doing and completely misunderstood that Barton punching and kicking people and getting sent off in another massive game for us was just because he wants to win more than anybody else etc etc etc etc.

Basically Barton never does anything wrong. It's either other people misunderstanding him because they're not on his intellectual level, or they're crimes of passion brought about by his unmatched desire to win.

Absolute wnkr.

"So Joey, what's the 1 thing that all your past troubles have in common?"

Nope, still not got it?
Joey's Book on 16:23 - Sep 26 with 2245 viewsDannyPaddox

The publishers have recalled the pop-up version from bookshops up and down the country after several readers opened up page one and got gauged in the eye with a lit cigar.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 16:30]
Joey's Book on 17:50 - Sep 26 with 2181 viewsAntti_Heinola

Joey's Book on 15:20 - Sep 26 by Northernr

Absolute wnkr.

But Clive, he's a leader, and we miss him in our team blah blah.

Best thing that happened to our club for years was finally being rid of him.

Bare bones.

Joey's Book on 19:20 - Sep 26 with 2122 viewsFredManRave

I'll just leave this little snippet here;

Joey Barton has revealed he was tricked into thinking Manchester United wanted to sign him... by his own agent. The under-fire Rangers midfielder signed for QPR in 2011, but was duped by agent Willie McKay while travelling to Loftus Road to agree a deal. Barton couldn't help but notice the name 'Sir Alex' pop up on his agent's phone, and after pleasantries between McKay and 'Fergie', the phone was passed to Barton. “I’ve seen what you’re up to on Sky," the voice on the other end said. "Don’t go doing anything silly now. Why don’t you come here and we’ll have a conversation?” Barton, revealing the story in his autobiography, quoted in The Guardian, wrote: “Finally, a big club, and a great manager, had come to their senses. I would give Manchester United's midfield a bit of bite, an injection of urgency. 'What are you waiting for?' I asked McKay. 'Turn the bloody car round'."It was only then McKay revealed that the person on the other end of the phone was a pal of his called 'Joe', who could clearly do a very good impression of Sir Alex. Barton would continue on his journey to west London to pen a four-year deal with QPR.....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Joey's Book on 19:25 - Sep 26 with 2115 viewsBasingstokeR

Does it say he got a £6m signing on fee and £75k p/w in there?

Not read it but I heard it's got some sort of story about (to paraphrase) Barton telling Redknapp the squad hated him in the promotion season in there???
Joey's Book on 13:34 - Sep 27 with 1946 viewsR_from_afar

Joey's Book on 19:20 - Sep 26 by FredManRave

I'll just leave this little snippet here;

Joey Barton has revealed he was tricked into thinking Manchester United wanted to sign him... by his own agent. The under-fire Rangers midfielder signed for QPR in 2011, but was duped by agent Willie McKay while travelling to Loftus Road to agree a deal. Barton couldn't help but notice the name 'Sir Alex' pop up on his agent's phone, and after pleasantries between McKay and 'Fergie', the phone was passed to Barton. “I’ve seen what you’re up to on Sky," the voice on the other end said. "Don’t go doing anything silly now. Why don’t you come here and we’ll have a conversation?” Barton, revealing the story in his autobiography, quoted in The Guardian, wrote: “Finally, a big club, and a great manager, had come to their senses. I would give Manchester United's midfield a bit of bite, an injection of urgency. 'What are you waiting for?' I asked McKay. 'Turn the bloody car round'."It was only then McKay revealed that the person on the other end of the phone was a pal of his called 'Joe', who could clearly do a very good impression of Sir Alex. Barton would continue on his journey to west London to pen a four-year deal with QPR.....

LOL are you blocking my content?

I posted a paraphrased version of that on this thread a bit earlier. Totally understandable if you are blocking the codswallop I trot out on here, though...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joey's Book on 14:39 - Sep 27 with 1886 viewsFredManRave

Joey's Book on 13:34 - Sep 27 by R_from_afar

LOL are you blocking my content?

I posted a paraphrased version of that on this thread a bit earlier. Totally understandable if you are blocking the codswallop I trot out on here, though...

RFA

No blocking, FAR, just hadn't seen your post. Anyway it's Barton Gold which is worth a second reading. My particular enjoyment/incredulity was reserved for his Utd comment nd about what he probably genuinely believed he would bring to the Utd midfield.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024