Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Caulker 23:31 - Sep 23 with 4080 viewsPunteR

This lad should be a legend at QPR.
All the talk about bringing local youth players through, means nothing when we have a local lad who has played at a top level,still not being recognized as a good player.
This lad should be the first name on the team sheet.
Sorry Onouha

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steven Caulker on 13:37 - Sep 24 with 1014 viewsPunteR

Steven Caulker on 12:55 - Sep 24 by rsonist

He spent all of last season scrabbling around for anywhere else to play and now he's out of takers you want to give him the armband to gee him on? People have been blowing air up his backside all his career to no avail and you're giving it the poor underappreciated lamb routine.

If he wants to become a good player, a leader of the squad, he can knuckle down and earn it. He has very much been given all the opportunity he needs here.

Also Caulker and Onuoha haven't even been in competition for the same place this season so I dunno why you're harping on about Ned.

I'm harping on about Ned because he's supposed to be our captain and hardly ever gets dropped. Although he is probably first choice RB now as perch is injured.
Last season we didn't want Caulker. We tried off loading him to whoever would take him , I assume because of his wages but also his off field antics.
I didn't like the way we tried to make him someone else's problem and i felt,rightly or wrongly, we needed to do more to help him at the time. I posted that at the time and got a couple of pelters for it. Yes you could say paying him £50 large a week goes some way to help his course but this is the world of football.
It was good to see him knuckle down at the start of the season but his form is tailing off a little which is a concern. The fact we never really know our first choice CB pairing probably doesn't help.
Like I said he should be a top player for QPR , I just feel we're not getting the best out of him. I think its called man management.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steven Caulker on 14:30 - Sep 24 with 977 viewsWatford_Ranger

Steven Caulker on 13:37 - Sep 24 by PunteR

I'm harping on about Ned because he's supposed to be our captain and hardly ever gets dropped. Although he is probably first choice RB now as perch is injured.
Last season we didn't want Caulker. We tried off loading him to whoever would take him , I assume because of his wages but also his off field antics.
I didn't like the way we tried to make him someone else's problem and i felt,rightly or wrongly, we needed to do more to help him at the time. I posted that at the time and got a couple of pelters for it. Yes you could say paying him £50 large a week goes some way to help his course but this is the world of football.
It was good to see him knuckle down at the start of the season but his form is tailing off a little which is a concern. The fact we never really know our first choice CB pairing probably doesn't help.
Like I said he should be a top player for QPR , I just feel we're not getting the best out of him. I think its called man management.

If Caulker played at 80% of his ability he'd be streets ahead of Onuoha, Lynch and Hall. Onuoha can be poor, especially when played out of position, but I'd rather support a team with him in it than Caulker.

Caulker isn't a kid- he's nearly 25. He's had plenty of chances and is now an average Championship centre-half on good Premier League money. It's not too much to expect he could play at something close to his best more often than not.
Steven Caulker on 14:39 - Sep 24 with 965 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Whatever we decide, I think we need to find the ideal pairing asap, and then stick with it.

Ned is not a RB and neither is he a commanding CH. I like the idea of Lynch/Hall but what do we do with Caulker? If we want to move him on, then not being in the shop window makes it harder.

But there's no guarantee anyone will come in and take Caulker off our hands in January. It's a conundrum having such huge question marks over two of our highest earners!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Steven Caulker on 15:49 - Sep 24 with 923 viewsyankeephil

Nice goal, we have to stay positive & hope this young man finally gets it together.We are really short on quality players & need those with talent to step up.
Steven Caulker on 17:28 - Sep 24 with 879 viewsstrikerace

I'm always amazed at the dislike for Caulker here. In fact I could say the same thing for a lot of the players who were on the PL side, which looks to be the best squad QPR will have for a long time. Caulker, Fer, Phillips, Hoilett, Green, Austin, Zamora, Redknapp (especially Redknapp), etc. were all panned. Well look at what we have now? Anyway, Caulker is one of our best players and if he stays here for a while he very well may be the newest QPR legend.
Steven Caulker on 17:56 - Sep 24 with 855 viewseghamranger

He played well today, Lynch should replace Hall, hes just not doing it for me this season.

His poor marking cost us the goal today
Steven Caulker on 18:06 - Sep 24 with 830 viewsDesertBoot

Caulker was superb today both in defence and when he was in more advanced positions too.
I think he and Lynch would be a superb partnership - no nonsense Lynch and the finesse of Caulker.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Steven Caulker on 18:59 - Sep 24 with 793 viewsTacticalR

Er, did anyone notice that for their goal as it was Caulker who ran out to try and stop the corner coming in he was nowhere to be seen when the goal went in?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Steven Caulker on 20:39 - Sep 24 with 714 viewswestberksr

Steven Caulker on 00:03 - Sep 24 by WilloW4

Why sorry Onouha? He's not a good footballer.. Don't understand the love in for the bloke..nice fella apparently .. So was my uncle Richard.. And he wasn't any good at football.. Caulker will never be a legend at the R's or anywhere else. Lazy player who has next to no concentration. Don't believe the hype... Lynch and hall for me at centre halves.. I wouldn't entertain "chief" in the starting 11.

+1

Unfortunately Ned just isn't a very good footballer. He has all of the athletic attributes, seems mentally sorted and a decent bloke but just can't really pass the ball.

Having said that he looked better in the second half when we were 442 and pushing them back.

Happy enough with 2 from the other 3, feel a bit sorry for Lynch as we presumably thought caulker would be gone.
Steven Caulker on 21:06 - Sep 24 with 691 viewscaliforniahoop

For me it Caulker and Lynch, we also need more pace in at least one of the FB positions, again, for me, Ned is the weak link, good club man but not a footballer, good cover along with Hall for CB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024