Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucky Jim 18:25 - Sep 24 with 2504 viewsDWQPR

The injury to Cousins was the turning point for today. Why the hell did he think that putting Cousins on the right again when he clearly hasn't got the ability for that role puzzles me. And once he was off and Wszolek got his chance we suddenly looked a far better team both in balance and attacking threat. For me this guy was MOTM, created an awful lot and with some better finishing from Chery, Sylla and Polter from what Wszolek created with his wing play we could have strolled away with the game. Borysuik looks far superior to Cousins in the centre as well. Felt sorry for Sylla, the ref seemed to have it in for him.

As for Birmingham's goal, once again eleven men back and none went out to mark the corner taker who had free reign to pick his man out for the second cross. And what was more annoying is that the same thing could have happened again in the second half. All in all a far better display, mainly in the second half, but Hasselbaink got his get out of jail card with Cousins injury.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lucky Jim on 18:34 - Sep 24 with 2428 viewsDiscodroids

My mate a Charlton Fan of some 40 years tells me that Cousins played at right full back on a number of occasions for them.. I Wonder if he can slip in there to replace The Walking Mummy and Hammer house Horror Ned at right back, thus Allowing Borysiuk and luongo in the centre with Wszolek in his most effective position on the right ?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Lucky Jim on 18:45 - Sep 24 with 2370 viewsLblock

Make you right mate

This is just so turgid and negative to watch

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lucky Jim on 18:51 - Sep 24 with 2324 viewsTacticalR

Cousins excels as a ball-winner, but his control and passing were poor before he went off.

Air hostess clique

Lucky Jim on 19:43 - Sep 24 with 2173 viewstraininvain

Lucky Jim on 18:45 - Sep 24 by Lblock

Make you right mate

This is just so turgid and negative to watch

Not sure what game you watched today but we were far from turgid & negative.

But I suppose that doesn't suit your agenda.
Lucky Jim on 21:39 - Sep 24 with 1919 viewsLblock

Lucky Jim on 19:43 - Sep 24 by traininvain

Not sure what game you watched today but we were far from turgid & negative.

But I suppose that doesn't suit your agenda.

What agenda is that then my old cocker?

If it's the one where we have a shot on target before the 59th minute, score from open play, have defenders not scared out of their minds and put players in their correct positions then; yep, today didn't suit my agenda

I don't know, maybe you refer to spoilt childish brat agendas, race agendas, just a neg head brain dead idiot agenda or some other.

If you're happy with what you've see the last 10 months then crack on.
I'm not and unless Clive bans me I'll talk about it on here.
Sorry about that my good fellow

Lucky Jim on 21:48 - Sep 24 with 1879 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Luck is a massive part of success in football, and it's nice to see us have it for a change.
Lucky Jim on 22:09 - Sep 24 with 1825 viewstraininvain

Lucky Jim on 21:39 - Sep 24 by Lblock

What agenda is that then my old cocker?

If it's the one where we have a shot on target before the 59th minute, score from open play, have defenders not scared out of their minds and put players in their correct positions then; yep, today didn't suit my agenda

I don't know, maybe you refer to spoilt childish brat agendas, race agendas, just a neg head brain dead idiot agenda or some other.

If you're happy with what you've see the last 10 months then crack on.
I'm not and unless Clive bans me I'll talk about it on here.
Sorry about that my good fellow

If you honestly believe that the performance today was turgid & negative then fair enough.

In my opinion it was much improved particularly in the second half and it's no coincidence that the new faces played an important role.

It's worth bearing in mind that we're barely two months into the season and JFH is only just having an opportunity to pick some of the players signed in the summer.

Here's a novel idea, why don't we get off the manager's back, give the new players time to settle / gel and see how we're playing in a few months?
Lucky Jim on 22:31 - Sep 24 with 1756 viewsQPR_Jim

Look, there was nothing lucky about cousins getting injured. He's a fine player but shouldn't be a wide player, the Polish lad who replaced him was more suited to that role but for me the weak link was chery. In an ideal world today cousins would be in central midfield and Luongo played in Chery's place. After cousins went off our only option in central midfield was Henry.
Login to get fewer ads

Lucky Jim on 22:32 - Sep 24 with 1755 viewsLblock

Great idea

The winger Pole was obviously fit to play 90 mins and was good, why stick a square peg out there in Cousins until he was injured?
We did pretty good for 25 minutes 2nd half - most of that when he went more attacking - as a home team at this level is that acceptable to you?
Nine league games in and not one goal from open play, who is that down to?
It took 59 minutes to register our first powder puff effort on target - much improved???

ODH has coached this team to death to be scared to lose and not brave enough to win. It could still turn around in his favour and I hope it does as this club doesn't need to pay another load of compo or get another meaningless Director position formed for a failed appointment

I agree with you, today was improved - we didn't lose - but it was for about 20 minutes and we still didn't really test the keeper or pepper the goal. At this rate we might get a good full performance by game 38

Game 2 of 4.... Needs a big turnaround next 2 me thinks

Lucky Jim on 22:44 - Sep 24 with 1709 viewsNorthernr

Lucky Jim on 22:32 - Sep 24 by Lblock

Great idea

The winger Pole was obviously fit to play 90 mins and was good, why stick a square peg out there in Cousins until he was injured?
We did pretty good for 25 minutes 2nd half - most of that when he went more attacking - as a home team at this level is that acceptable to you?
It took 59 minutes to register our first powder puff effort on target - much improved???

ODH has coached this team to death to be scared to lose and not brave enough to win. It could still turn around in his favour and I hope it does as this club doesn't need to pay another load of compo or get another meaningless Director position formed for a failed appointment

I agree with you, today was improved - we didn't lose - but it was for about 20 minutes and we still didn't really test the keeper or pepper the goal. At this rate we might get a good full performance by game 38

Or what?
Lucky Jim on 22:48 - Sep 24 with 1689 viewstraininvain

Lucky Jim on 22:32 - Sep 24 by Lblock

Great idea

Maybe JFH is trying to ease the new signings into the team or perhaps they're not fully fit. Could be for any number of reasons. Ultimately JFH is best placed to make that judgment.

Might be wrong but didn't Polter score from open play against Leeds in the first game of the season?

For the record, I'm not fully convinced by JFH but I don't think that changing manager every season is the way forward. So I'd like to see him given more than a couple of months with his own squad before supporters start agitating for him to be sacked.
Lucky Jim on 22:55 - Sep 24 with 1665 viewsenfieldargh

North and south poles first full games

Silla likewise.

Ngbskoto still settling in then absent for personal reasons.

Lynch still yet to feature.

So 5 new players with hardly any game time between them.

To get rid of jfh now would be a massive mistake. He needs time.

Nigel Pearson has spent 20 odd million plus the 26 million they spent last season and only scored twice all season.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lucky Jim on 23:05 - Sep 24 with 1630 viewsDeepcutHoop

I assume you mean 39 minutes rather than 59 Lblock?
Lucky Jim on 23:50 - Sep 24 with 1536 viewscaliforniahoop

Lucky Jim on 18:34 - Sep 24 by Discodroids

My mate a Charlton Fan of some 40 years tells me that Cousins played at right full back on a number of occasions for them.. I Wonder if he can slip in there to replace The Walking Mummy and Hammer house Horror Ned at right back, thus Allowing Borysiuk and luongo in the centre with Wszolek in his most effective position on the right ?

😂😂
Lucky Jim on 07:55 - Sep 25 with 1322 viewsHooped_Pullie

Have to say, personally I find a lot of what Lblock has said very hard to disagree with.

For myself, though, I wouldn't set deadlines (four games, etc....) - our current situation will play out when it plays out.

Wins at Burton & the Cottage - or even draws from those two games - and I'm sure the board will stand off and let things continue. Lose both and it could get interesting.

I believe in the potential of this squad : with an injection of confidence, belief and a bit of smiley inspiration these players we've got on our books right now could go very far. In common with almost everybody, I don't like managerial turmoil (or turnover) but when you have a manager in for almost a year with a very low win rate and an even lower entertainment rating I think it's reasonable to ask if the club is being led in the right direction on the pitch.
Lucky Jim on 08:24 - Sep 25 with 1266 viewsLadbrokeR

Lucky Jim on 07:55 - Sep 25 by Hooped_Pullie

Have to say, personally I find a lot of what Lblock has said very hard to disagree with.

For myself, though, I wouldn't set deadlines (four games, etc....) - our current situation will play out when it plays out.

Wins at Burton & the Cottage - or even draws from those two games - and I'm sure the board will stand off and let things continue. Lose both and it could get interesting.

I believe in the potential of this squad : with an injection of confidence, belief and a bit of smiley inspiration these players we've got on our books right now could go very far. In common with almost everybody, I don't like managerial turmoil (or turnover) but when you have a manager in for almost a year with a very low win rate and an even lower entertainment rating I think it's reasonable to ask if the club is being led in the right direction on the pitch.

I think that the board will stand off anyway. The point is that Jimmy is walking a tight line and I think without identifiable improvement some of the crowd will turned against him. Nobody wants anew manager every ten months but watching a team that has been drilled first and foremost not to conceded when they clearly haben't got the resources to win is disheartening. Watching a team that then a adopt a plosive shape on account of a player being injured (I assume cousins was injured) is a concern. With fear of being fatalistic would you fancy us in a relegation scrap ?
Lucky Jim on 09:00 - Sep 25 with 1187 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lucky Jim on 07:55 - Sep 25 by Hooped_Pullie

If we set up and play like that against Burton and the Tarquins I don't think we'll lose either and who knows we may nick a couple of wins. Yesterday was light years away from the dross I've watched in recent games. Whether it was by accident or calculated design the performance as a definite step in the right direction and something for JFH and the players to build in. I feel encouraged especially as I expected us to get turned over by Brum. An added bonus was that no limp listed powder puff ran on the pitch to promptly get put on his 'arris! COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lucky Jim on 10:00 - Sep 25 with 1046 viewsactonman

2nd half we played more like a home team should , first half was fking woefull though.

5 games since the international break with 4 being at home and we have a grand total of 2 points and been dumped out the cup.
Big week for Jim now as I really can't see much more than another point by this time next week unless he's accidentally stumbled upon something yesterday ?

The way we're going, by Christmas the season will be over
Lucky Jim on 10:08 - Sep 25 with 1014 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lucky Jim on 08:24 - Sep 25 by LadbrokeR

I think that the board will stand off anyway. The point is that Jimmy is walking a tight line and I think without identifiable improvement some of the crowd will turned against him. Nobody wants anew manager every ten months but watching a team that has been drilled first and foremost not to conceded when they clearly haben't got the resources to win is disheartening. Watching a team that then a adopt a plosive shape on account of a player being injured (I assume cousins was injured) is a concern. With fear of being fatalistic would you fancy us in a relegation scrap ?

On the contrary, the overwhelming evidence of the last 6 or 7 years is that many fans absolutely do want a new manager every 10 months. They're hooked on the drama and the unrealistic hope like any old junkie. Just one more hit! One more manager! This will be the one!

Funny also how fans speak so wisely about how you must build a team from the back, but when a manager actually tries that, people dont have patience for it.

Some pretty odd opinions on here after yesterday, i have to say.

Bare bones.

Lucky Jim on 10:28 - Sep 25 with 980 viewsactonman

Lucky Jim on 10:08 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

On the contrary, the overwhelming evidence of the last 6 or 7 years is that many fans absolutely do want a new manager every 10 months. They're hooked on the drama and the unrealistic hope like any old junkie. Just one more hit! One more manager! This will be the one!

Funny also how fans speak so wisely about how you must build a team from the back, but when a manager actually tries that, people dont have patience for it.

Some pretty odd opinions on here after yesterday, i have to say.

I'm all for building from the back antti, but have you seen the goals we have conceded this season, decent teams will have a field day ( as Newcastle showed. )

Not finding excuses to get rid of a manager but we need to see signs of improvement , and I can honestly say we are no better than we were under Ramsey or redknapp for that matter
Lucky Jim on 10:32 - Sep 25 with 972 viewsNorthernr

Lucky Jim on 10:28 - Sep 25 by actonman

I'm all for building from the back antti, but have you seen the goals we have conceded this season, decent teams will have a field day ( as Newcastle showed. )

Not finding excuses to get rid of a manager but we need to see signs of improvement , and I can honestly say we are no better than we were under Ramsey or redknapp for that matter

The team is costing us about £60m less a season to put on the field than it did when Harry was here with his army of old boys from Willie McKay's client log.
Lucky Jim on 10:51 - Sep 25 with 939 viewsactonman

Lucky Jim on 10:32 - Sep 25 by Northernr

The team is costing us about £60m less a season to put on the field than it did when Harry was here with his army of old boys from Willie McKay's client log.

I am in no way advocating redknap as that useless c u next Tuesday should be nowhere near a football club for their own safety.

I want jimmy to do well , even if that takes us until next season, I just don't see any evidence as yet and if we continue to ship basic goals and play drab football like we have then I don't think he will see December

Get these next 2 games out of the way then go again after the break with hopefully a fully fit side and see where that takes us.

Not getting rogered senseless by fullham would be a good start
Lucky Jim on 12:09 - Sep 25 with 855 viewsdaveB

I thought we lacked confidence in the first half but got better as the game wore on and played really well second half. The new signings all looked decent, Luongo was fantastic again, we've really missed him in the last few weeks. The only disappointment was Polter who was dire when he came on.

Minds are made up though and doesn't matter what the team does many are going to want the manager out
Lucky Jim on 12:16 - Sep 25 with 841 viewsbaz_qpr

Lucky Jim on 12:09 - Sep 25 by daveB

I thought we lacked confidence in the first half but got better as the game wore on and played really well second half. The new signings all looked decent, Luongo was fantastic again, we've really missed him in the last few weeks. The only disappointment was Polter who was dire when he came on.

Minds are made up though and doesn't matter what the team does many are going to want the manager out

Don't agree Luongo was fantastic he had a couple of good 10 minute spells where he finally got forward but he also went hiding at times, still takes 4 touches when he needs to take one or two leading to a loss of momentum and has to take more responsibility on making himself available when we have the ball
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024