Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
improvement but still no leaders 22:41 - Sep 24 with 1372 viewsenfieldargh

Our players dont talk. Theres no body shouting, talking, no leader ship and they dont seem to be enjoying themselves.

Ryan Shotton on the other hand was continually talking to his players and on many occasions played with a smile on his face and was having a bit of a laugh in breaks in play.

Really need a leader out there cos at the moment there isnt one

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

improvement but still no leaders on 22:56 - Sep 24 with 1338 viewsDesertBoot

Agree with this. Our "chief" just lowers his head and gets back into position every time we concede. Perhaps Joel Lynch is the man....

Wish I could be like David Watts

improvement but still no leaders on 23:03 - Sep 24 with 1320 viewsTacticalR

Elocution lessons are clearly needed.

Air hostess clique

improvement but still no leaders on 08:59 - Sep 25 with 1167 viewsDorse

improvement but still no leaders on 23:03 - Sep 24 by TacticalR

Elocution lessons are clearly needed.

'F.. Fa... Fackinell Ref...?'
'By George, I think he's got it!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

improvement but still no leaders on 09:46 - Sep 25 with 1120 viewsCHUBBS

I used to stand up for Nedum when he was getting stick yet find myself disappointed by his lack of improvement,he's 29 and should be in his prime but seems to have deteriorated as a player.Maybe this is down to the fact we haven't signed a decent right back for a while leaving him chopping and changing from game to game.
However he seems to make the same mistakes he was making years back and only looked consistently good with Hill or Dunne beside him.
He is not a leader plain and simple,no matter what people say about him being a good fella that doesn't constitute being given the captaincy.
Worse than that is having him at right back,none of these decisions are anything to do with him.
He is a competent centre half who's probably 3rd or 4th choice and has earn't an absolute fortune at our club for being no better than average.
The problem now is no matter how bad he plays Jimmy just doesn't want to drop him.
Whenever things go wrong he just puts his head down and looks at the floor,not good enough.
He may be a good deputy off the pitch but we need someone who can stand up as a leader on it.
improvement but still no leaders on 09:55 - Sep 25 with 1089 viewsLblock

Been an issue for years

All this talk of "the right sort" gave me hope but, alas, not delivered
I thought Bidwell would be the man at the back, Cousins in the middle and Poults up top.

The only interaction I saw between our players yesterday was Caulker and Hall having an argument as to who was responsible for the latest week as a kitten bit of defending against their centre forward

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

improvement but still no leaders on 10:00 - Sep 25 with 1078 viewsE17hoop

improvement but still no leaders on 09:55 - Sep 25 by Lblock

Been an issue for years

All this talk of "the right sort" gave me hope but, alas, not delivered
I thought Bidwell would be the man at the back, Cousins in the middle and Poults up top.

The only interaction I saw between our players yesterday was Caulker and Hall having an argument as to who was responsible for the latest week as a kitten bit of defending against their centre forward

You must have missed the constant coaching of Shodipo by Bidwell. Every throw and break in play he was geeing him up, pointing out markers etc.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

improvement but still no leaders on 10:10 - Sep 25 with 1052 viewsAntti_Heinola

improvement but still no leaders on 10:00 - Sep 25 by E17hoop

You must have missed the constant coaching of Shodipo by Bidwell. Every throw and break in play he was geeing him up, pointing out markers etc.

Exactly. Caulker too was very vocal.
And for all their good talking, birmingham were clearly second best.

Bare bones.

improvement but still no leaders on 10:35 - Sep 25 with 1009 viewsStanisgod

Time to take the armband off Ned. Waste of time , no voice at all. Lynch/Caulker with Lynch captain.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

improvement but still no leaders on 10:54 - Sep 25 with 977 viewsLblock

That's good to hear and encouraging

I think Shoops could be a great player but needs to work on his final ball......and shooting!!
Our crowd is much maligned for getting on players backs but thus fat I've seen and heard nothing but support and encouragement for Shoops when things haven't come off for him

improvement but still no leaders on 14:08 - Sep 25 with 850 viewsLongsufferingR

We do seem to have an awful lot of fans who take the "Sunday League Dad" approach, i.e shout a lot , kick a few bottles and wave your arms around and you're a "leader". One idiot behind me after Brum scored shouted about JFH "fkin ell, he's just standing there, he should be yelling at them" as if the players could hear or as if the sight of him yelling at the players would make him a better manager at that instant.

Leadership isn't just about shouting.
improvement but still no leaders on 15:30 - Sep 25 with 772 viewsPunteR

That's good to hear. I have high hopes for both players...
From the games I've seen Caulker would be the obvious captain.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

improvement but still no leaders on 15:57 - Sep 25 with 753 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I never got the obsession with captains in this country. Leaders will lead whether they have a free Shoot or Match armband on or not. Onouha included.

Maybe it's a myth, but I was told the Azzuri automatically give their captaincy to whoever has the most caps, be it Cannavaro or Mario the Plumber.

Let's not forget that Adel was our captain once, in a side that had Derry and Hill in it.
improvement but still no leaders on 16:57 - Sep 25 with 723 viewsLblock

Think that Adel captaincy was only about further indulgence of him rather than anything else and obvious for anyone but Adel to see

We all knew Derry and Hill the real leaders in that team

improvement but still no leaders on 18:44 - Sep 25 with 688 viewsrsonist

Here we go, the usual menopausal Roy of the Rovers fantasy. Just give Mr Darcy the armband and all our issues will melt away.
improvement but still no leaders on 20:26 - Sep 25 with 649 viewsPunteR

improvement but still no leaders on 18:44 - Sep 25 by rsonist

Here we go, the usual menopausal Roy of the Rovers fantasy. Just give Mr Darcy the armband and all our issues will melt away.

Disagree with you there rsonist. I think you do need a figurehead on the pitch.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

improvement but still no leaders on 20:51 - Sep 25 with 625 viewssmegma

improvement but still no leaders on 09:46 - Sep 25 by CHUBBS

I used to stand up for Nedum when he was getting stick yet find myself disappointed by his lack of improvement,he's 29 and should be in his prime but seems to have deteriorated as a player.Maybe this is down to the fact we haven't signed a decent right back for a while leaving him chopping and changing from game to game.
However he seems to make the same mistakes he was making years back and only looked consistently good with Hill or Dunne beside him.
He is not a leader plain and simple,no matter what people say about him being a good fella that doesn't constitute being given the captaincy.
Worse than that is having him at right back,none of these decisions are anything to do with him.
He is a competent centre half who's probably 3rd or 4th choice and has earn't an absolute fortune at our club for being no better than average.
The problem now is no matter how bad he plays Jimmy just doesn't want to drop him.
Whenever things go wrong he just puts his head down and looks at the floor,not good enough.
He may be a good deputy off the pitch but we need someone who can stand up as a leader on it.

Kakay should be in front of Ned in the pecking order after his performance on Wednesday. I also felt sorry for Lynch being on the bench as he also played well midweek. Ned will NEVER be a good full back, decent centre back though. And he is certainly not captain material.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024