Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nearly there 01:46 - Sep 25 with 3621 viewswombat

When cousins is fit again I would hope he gets the second central midfield spot alongside the polish lad . Sorry he works hard but loungo is way to much of a light weight in the middle for me

Kaka in at right back and either Washington or polter upfront with sylla , our maybe sylla polter as the two up front and Washington down the left , prob to daring toe Jimmy but Ho hum I can dream

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Nearly there on 02:16 - Sep 25 with 3012 viewsqpr1976

I agree re: Cousins, but until he's fit, play Sandro there, if he gets injured, Luongo. Henry should be 4th coice IMO.
I disagree with Kakay. The Championship is a tough, physical league. As much as I would like to see youngsters being blooded and coming through the ranks, I don't think he (or Shodipo are quite ready yet.

My 1st choice (assuming all were fit) lineup would be (442) :
Smithies
Onouha (not ideal, but always makes 1 saving tackle a game and scores sometimes)
Bidwell
Caulker
Hall
Borysuik
Cousins
Wszolek
Chery
Polter
Sylla

Subs:
Ingram
Perch (covering both full back)
Lynch (covering both centre backs)
Luongo
Sandro
Washington
Ngbakoto

No room currently in my matchday squad for Robinson, Henry, El Khayati or Mackie.
Nor Kakay, Hamalainen, Petrasso & Shodipo, although the latter could be deemed harsh and he's probably the only one I would currently consider with the above 4 in times of injury and suspension.
Nearly there on 02:28 - Sep 25 with 3008 viewswombat

Nearly there on 02:16 - Sep 25 by qpr1976

I agree re: Cousins, but until he's fit, play Sandro there, if he gets injured, Luongo. Henry should be 4th coice IMO.
I disagree with Kakay. The Championship is a tough, physical league. As much as I would like to see youngsters being blooded and coming through the ranks, I don't think he (or Shodipo are quite ready yet.

My 1st choice (assuming all were fit) lineup would be (442) :
Smithies
Onouha (not ideal, but always makes 1 saving tackle a game and scores sometimes)
Bidwell
Caulker
Hall
Borysuik
Cousins
Wszolek
Chery
Polter
Sylla

Subs:
Ingram
Perch (covering both full back)
Lynch (covering both centre backs)
Luongo
Sandro
Washington
Ngbakoto

No room currently in my matchday squad for Robinson, Henry, El Khayati or Mackie.
Nor Kakay, Hamalainen, Petrasso & Shodipo, although the latter could be deemed harsh and he's probably the only one I would currently consider with the above 4 in times of injury and suspension.

Won't prob see perch again this season
Sorry think kaka could do a decent job there at right back , he gets forward well tackles well

I like onuhua but he's Ltd as a right back I'm sorry to say Lynch should partner hall in the centre if Robinson gets fully fit I'd like to think he's left back from the one appearance I've seen of him since he arrived bid well is ok but doesn't have much coming forward

Is cousins does the get central midfield role think chery is in the cold , dosnt the impress on the wing , so I'd honestly give Washington a few games there and see what he could do , he's direct hack pace and for a forward not scared to get a tackle or two in

Nearly there on 03:06 - Sep 25 with 2978 viewsqpr1976

Nearly there on 02:28 - Sep 25 by wombat

Won't prob see perch again this season
Sorry think kaka could do a decent job there at right back , he gets forward well tackles well

I like onuhua but he's Ltd as a right back I'm sorry to say Lynch should partner hall in the centre if Robinson gets fully fit I'd like to think he's left back from the one appearance I've seen of him since he arrived bid well is ok but doesn't have much coming forward

Is cousins does the get central midfield role think chery is in the cold , dosnt the impress on the wing , so I'd honestly give Washington a few games there and see what he could do , he's direct hack pace and for a forward not scared to get a tackle or two in

Things is I don't much rate Perch at RB either. Proved to be much better at LB last season. Realistically, Onouha will play RB ahead of Kakay unless injured. For the reasons I mentioned below AND he's our Captain. Like that or not (I don't) JFH kept him as Captain, so he'll likely have to play.
Lynch is a bit unlucky, but if he were to be 1st choice, it would be at Hall's expense currently. Caulker was very good today. Hall is the CB making most mistakes of late. but I like him for the future. We have 4 decent CB's for this division IMO.

Cousins should only be used as a box to box CM. That what he was bought as. He's wasted as a winger. It was because of his injury today, that JFH was forced to bring Pavel on, which livened the game up no end, mostly in the 2nd half when we went 442.

So 2 key learning for us today. Play 2 wingers and 442, with either Polter & Sylla or either with Washington playing off one of them.

Regards Chery, I think he can do a job wide. We should try to keep him in the team, if only for Corners & Free Kicks, he's our best option on those. But I disagree with JFH saying he's our best player and we need to build the team around him, even if it means only 1 up front. What we need Jimmy is to win games, as many as possible. And if that' is done better and more often by 442, that'll do for me. Sorry Tjaron. (I'd still try him out wide for a few games)
Nearly there on 12:38 - Sep 25 with 2756 viewsThGrimRanger

Cousins has been a massive disappointment for me. His home performances for us have been poor.

i get that he prefers to play in the centre but for me he looks no better when playing there. I'd like to see Borysiuk and Luongo as the central pairing.

i thought Wszolek was superb yesterday

TheGrimRanger

Nearly there on 13:55 - Sep 25 with 2686 viewsHunterhoop

Nearly there on 12:38 - Sep 25 by ThGrimRanger

Cousins has been a massive disappointment for me. His home performances for us have been poor.

i get that he prefers to play in the centre but for me he looks no better when playing there. I'd like to see Borysiuk and Luongo as the central pairing.

Agree. Luongo over Cousins every day for me.

Our best two home performances, Luongo has been in there. Cousins (and Henry) were there in two of our worst.

Ariel and Luongo deserve a run to build a partnerships.

Luongo lightweight? Puts in more proper tackles than Cousins and Henry and he got up and got on with it after a horror tackle.
Nearly there on 16:20 - Sep 25 with 2594 viewswombat

Nearly there on 13:55 - Sep 25 by Hunterhoop

Agree. Luongo over Cousins every day for me.

Our best two home performances, Luongo has been in there. Cousins (and Henry) were there in two of our worst.

Ariel and Luongo deserve a run to build a partnerships.

Luongo lightweight? Puts in more proper tackles than Cousins and Henry and he got up and got on with it after a horror tackle.

Also gets knocked of the ball more than anyone , good player but for me cousins every day of the week

Nearly there on 16:45 - Sep 25 with 2557 viewsozranger

Nearly there on 16:20 - Sep 25 by wombat

Also gets knocked of the ball more than anyone , good player but for me cousins every day of the week

I'm from Oz as is Luongo and that may make some believe that I am biased. However, I'm sorry Wombat, but I think you may be viewing a quite different Luongo than everyone else. Check the programme from a few games back to see in the stats section just who is leading the team with the number of tackles, averaging over four per 90 minutes. Also, he does not get knocked off the ball more than anyone. What a ridiculous comment to make, given players like Shopido, El K and other other youngsters. I would rather have him there as a tackler and a person who can stand in a tackle than players like Henry. Unfortunately you have something against him and I will leave that with you to keep within yourself.
Nearly there on 17:07 - Sep 25 with 2521 viewsdistortR

Nearly there on 16:45 - Sep 25 by ozranger

I'm from Oz as is Luongo and that may make some believe that I am biased. However, I'm sorry Wombat, but I think you may be viewing a quite different Luongo than everyone else. Check the programme from a few games back to see in the stats section just who is leading the team with the number of tackles, averaging over four per 90 minutes. Also, he does not get knocked off the ball more than anyone. What a ridiculous comment to make, given players like Shopido, El K and other other youngsters. I would rather have him there as a tackler and a person who can stand in a tackle than players like Henry. Unfortunately you have something against him and I will leave that with you to keep within yourself.

Wel, I'm from the isle of man, and i'm not actually very impressed with Luongo either.
I would like to see a more driving presence in midfield, which is maybe more Cousin's game.
Login to get fewer ads

Nearly there on 17:53 - Sep 25 with 2494 viewsHunterhoop

Nearly there on 17:07 - Sep 25 by distortR

Wel, I'm from the isle of man, and i'm not actually very impressed with Luongo either.
I would like to see a more driving presence in midfield, which is maybe more Cousin's game.

But Cousins was woeful in central midfield in the 3 games he played there. Really poor. He wants too long on the ball, is slow to read the game and doesn't get tight enough to his opposite numbers. Yes he can "drive with the ball" when he has it and there's space in front of him, but that isn't enough.

Luongo makes more tackles, links up play well, carries it forward and, most importantly, MOVES FAR MORE OFF THE BALL WHEN WE'RE IN POSSESSION, which was the biggest issue with the Henry/Cousins partnernship. It was pass and stand still.

Luongo must play and be given a chance to build a partnership with Ariel.
Nearly there on 18:30 - Sep 25 with 2456 viewsDorse

Don't see any reason we couldn't play Wszolek and Ngbakoto/Shodipo and still play Chery in the hole behind Polter. Makes us more direct out wide which can't be a bad thing. If Chery isn't the right choice we shouldn't feel guilty about replacing him with Sylla or Washington. It's a team game.

For what it is worth, I don't think dropping Chery is the way to go but I am not paid to know these things.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Nearly there on 18:44 - Sep 25 with 2442 viewsdaveB

Nearly there on 16:20 - Sep 25 by wombat

Nice problem to have but Luongo for me, I think he's been excellent this season and was really impressed with him yesterday
Nearly there on 19:07 - Sep 25 with 2431 viewswombat

Nearly there on 18:44 - Sep 25 by daveB

Nice problem to have but Luongo for me, I think he's been excellent this season and was really impressed with him yesterday

Hey just my view , check the stats for last season on loungo most dispossessed player in the championship , he's a decent player but a bloke in row d farted midway through the second half and mass fell over when he had the ball.

Nearly there on 21:20 - Sep 25 with 2362 viewsqpr1976

Nearly there on 19:07 - Sep 25 by wombat

Hey just my view , check the stats for last season on loungo most dispossessed player in the championship , he's a decent player but a bloke in row d farted midway through the second half and mass fell over when he had the ball.

I like Luongo, but for me, he has very little end result. Never scored for us, OK, he bagged a few for Australia but they tend to be free scoring against some pretty minor countries. Equally, I don't recall him providing too many assists. He's not as lightwieght as say, Elk, but if his stats suggest he only makes 4 tackles a game, that's pretty low. I'm surprised he's our best if that's true.

Cousins was bought as a box to box midfielder. not a winger where he's played mostly. He may have not excelled on the 3 occasions when playing CM, but I'd suggest that may be down to who he played with. Henry is 5th choice CM for me. Why not play him alongside Borysuik or Sandro. I think he'd blossom.
That said, he's injured. Hopefully, not for too long. In the meantime, maybe 2 from Borysuik, Luongo & Sandro ?
Nearly there on 00:41 - Sep 26 with 2305 viewsbaz_qpr

He gets dispossessed because has a tendency to always have two touches too many. And because he does get dispossessed so often it makes him look weak.
Nearly there on 07:14 - Sep 26 with 2256 viewsLadbrokeR

Yes there was an improvement in the second half but nearly there is not quite how I would describe it.
Nearly there on 12:19 - Sep 26 with 2155 viewsPhilmyRs

What makes a big difference to how we play is having a centre mid that doesn’t sh*t himself when he has the ball and can pick a pass, a striker that can hold the ball up and bring people into play and at least one wide man that offers genuine width. Hasn’t been in evidence in recent weeks but looks like we’re getting there.

What would make us an even more attractive force going forward would be 2 full backs that are comfortable on the ball and capable of offering a threat on the break. I’m not anti Ned and can sympathise with not throwing in a youngster at right back, but we only have to look at our recent history to see the impact an attack minded up and down full back can have. Danny Simpson, Kyle Walker, to an extent Stephen Kelly, all made a big difference to how we performed.

We’re making progress but a few pieces still need to fall into place.
Nearly there on 12:34 - Sep 26 with 2122 viewssimmo

Sandro can fck right off. The calls for him to be included are depressing, I don't give a fck what he brings when he's on the pitch - he's on 10x what people like Luongo are and he doesn't even want to play for QPR. I hope he karate chops a power cable.

As for the midfield, I'd also like to see Boris paired with Cousins ideally, but I do think Luongo offers more going forwards than Cousins, I know he hasn't been too great with assists and he definitely needs to actually start scoring goals (not easy when instructed to play so deep), but he can pick a pass. He played one in the first half on Saturday that was inch perfect for the polish lad and we should have scored from. His movement is also really good, creating triangles and passing angles that only Chery really does. I appreciate that it looks like he gets physically dominated, and if that dispossession stat is true than it't something he should work on, but I can't remember it happening in a really dangerous area and it does mean that he has the ball a lot. He's a work in progress though and he has shown glimpses that he's worth sticking with as he could become a really tidy and important player.

Overall I am happy with any 3 from Boris, Cousins and Luongo with Henry as support to help close out games or do a specific destroying job against certain opposition. As the OP said, I think we're nearly there and I'm hoping JFH saw enough from the weekend to agree that Henry is now best only used in emergencies.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nearly there on 12:37 - Sep 26 with 2115 viewskensalriser

You can't be dispossessed if you don't have the ball. Reasons why you don't have the ball are you're not getting involved in play or you get rid of it as soon as it arrives.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nearly there on 13:01 - Sep 26 with 2078 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nearly there on 12:38 - Sep 25 by ThGrimRanger

'massive disappointment'?

He only turned 22 this year and was playing for a Charlton side that got handily relegated last season. He's 18 months younger than Doughty.

What were you expecting, exactly?

Not having a go mate, but I think this is a huge problem with our fans this season - expectation is so far out of whack with reality that massive disappointment is inevitable.

Bare bones.

Nearly there on 13:15 - Sep 26 with 2046 viewsPunteR

When Loungo is on form I think he's our most creative player. I think he's better in a more advanced position rather then sitting back, especially now we have that Ariel lad that can sit deeper.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nearly there on 13:16 - Sep 26 with 2040 viewsHunterhoop

Nearly there on 12:37 - Sep 26 by kensalriser

You can't be dispossessed if you don't have the ball. Reasons why you don't have the ball are you're not getting involved in play or you get rid of it as soon as it arrives.

Exactly, Kensal.

Luongo passes AND MOVES far better than Henry, Cousins or Sandro....or frankly anyone in the side other than, perhaps, Chery.

He links us up...this allows us to play the ball to feet and create triangles. Sure, you'll get tackled and robbed now and again, but, by god, I'd rather this than seeing my CMs hiding and playing it back to the centre halves all the time.
Nearly there on 13:31 - Sep 26 with 2008 viewsThGrimRanger

Nearly there on 13:01 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

'massive disappointment'?

He only turned 22 this year and was playing for a Charlton side that got handily relegated last season. He's 18 months younger than Doughty.

What were you expecting, exactly?

Not having a go mate, but I think this is a huge problem with our fans this season - expectation is so far out of whack with reality that massive disappointment is inevitable.

thought he was the pick our signings based upon how highly rated he was at charlton, and that he was going to be the box-to-box player that we needed.

i've watched him very closely in every home game except newcastle. maybe he shined in the that one but I've not seen even a glimmer or even a moment of the player who looked like the best player on the pitch when he played for charlton at our place last season.

i wasn't expecting a passenger thats done nothing of note in any home game. assume based upon the reports that it's ditto for his away performances.

is that what you were expecting then?

TheGrimRanger

Nearly there on 13:38 - Sep 26 with 1993 viewsMaggsinho

Nearly there on 13:31 - Sep 26 by ThGrimRanger

thought he was the pick our signings based upon how highly rated he was at charlton, and that he was going to be the box-to-box player that we needed.

i've watched him very closely in every home game except newcastle. maybe he shined in the that one but I've not seen even a glimmer or even a moment of the player who looked like the best player on the pitch when he played for charlton at our place last season.

i wasn't expecting a passenger thats done nothing of note in any home game. assume based upon the reports that it's ditto for his away performances.

He's only played eight games, can't we wait a while before writing him off?
Nearly there on 13:48 - Sep 26 with 1968 viewsPhilmyRs

Like Luongo but still not sure where his best position is.

A poster on here once described him as being a similar type of player to Martin Rowlands but without the bite and I always thought that was a good description. He needs to be meaner and more clinical to be a holding player but he does have good control, vision and decent workrate, makes me think he should be considered a more attack minded midfielder than a holding one. That said, to be a genuine attacking midfielder he needs to add goals/assists to his game. I think he’s got it in him to be a great player for us, I’m just not sure in what role.

He could bulk up, begin relishing the physical battles in the middle of the park and be a more defensive minded player or he could get hungry for goals/assists and run beyond the front man a lot more whilst also continuing to develop the decent feet he has and eye for a pass, particularly the defence splitting pass.

Time will tell.
Nearly there on 14:00 - Sep 26 with 1949 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nearly there on 13:31 - Sep 26 by ThGrimRanger

well, don't really agree with your assessment to be honest.
Think he played very well v Sunderland though, and did a great job on the right v Leeds.
I guess my point is he is still a young kid and this is a big move with big expectation - as you are evidence of. Massive disappointment seems incredibly harsh, that's all.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024