Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very Sad 10:37 - Sep 25 with 1676 viewsexiled_dictator

been reported that terry jones, the funny one in monty python, has been diagnosed with dementia.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37451043

the brain is such a complex organ, and it seems that science has yet to understand how it works, or what causes it to go off the rails in so many different ways.
to mourn this sad news, i shall watch life of brian later on today.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Very Sad on 10:42 - Sep 25 with 1658 viewsE17hoop

Michael Palin's comment is very touching.

https://www.facebook.com/themichaelpalinpage/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Very Sad on 11:03 - Sep 25 with 1622 viewsMonahoop

Very sad news this and he has the type of dementia that will make him mute. Palin and Jones where the mainstay of Python.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Very Sad on 11:09 - Sep 25 with 1608 viewsTacticalR

The great thing about the Pythons is that they are all superb comic individual talents.

Terry Jones' exposure of the logic behind the Iraq invasion (just prior to the invasion) was a brilliant polemic:

I'm losing patience with my neighbours, Mr Bush
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jan/26/usa.iraq

He's also a keen medievalist who wrote an interesting book challenging the view that the knight in Canterbury Tales was an idealised figure: 'Chaucer's Knight: The Portrait of a Medieval Mercenary'. I am sure a lot of the stuff in Monty Python and the Holy Grail came from his pen.

Air hostess clique

Very Sad on 12:02 - Sep 25 with 1528 viewsdaveB

So sad, I was lucky enough to see the love Monty Python show a few years ago and they were still brilliant. Terry Jones was always one of my favourites and loved his book Fairy Tales as a kid and still read it to my son now
Very Sad on 13:23 - Sep 25 with 1451 viewsted_hendrix

The whole of the Python team were completely mad/funny and brilliant collectively and individually.

Ni

Ni

Shrubbery etcetera

Ni

If nobody's ever seen Michael Palins 'Ripping Yarns' get the box set and watch it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Very Sad on 14:02 - Sep 25 with 1412 viewsPeterHucker

love the Pythons, love Terry Jones most of all.
his history shows were brilliant too, Barbarians & Medieval Lives.
Very Sad on 14:38 - Sep 25 with 1371 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very sad. Love all the Pythons but Palin and Jones have always been my favourites.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Very Sad on 16:17 - Sep 25 with 1295 viewsPunteR

Ah that's a shame.. Poor bloke. Monty Python was a bit before my time but I still got to see a lot of their stuff. All of them were comedy genius's.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Very Sad on 22:17 - Sep 25 with 1179 viewsMonkey_Roots

Very Sad on 13:23 - Sep 25 by ted_hendrix

The whole of the Python team were completely mad/funny and brilliant collectively and individually.

Ni

Ni

Shrubbery etcetera

Ni

If nobody's ever seen Michael Palins 'Ripping Yarns' get the box set and watch it.

Guess whose gorra new shovel Irene?

Poll: Will we stay up?

Very Sad on 22:37 - Sep 25 with 1155 viewsLythamR

Vary sad and particularly poignant that it restricts and ultimately destroys his ability to communicate

They are/were all extremely funny in different ways which made them such a brilliant collective. Jones revealed himself in latter years to be perhaps the most scholarly and his deep interest in social history impressed me

Classic line that always makes me laugh in LOB "Right my lad what have you been up to!"
Very Sad on 22:55 - Sep 25 with 1136 viewsAntti_Heinola

Look out for his brilliant doc Boom Bust Boom - think it's on Netflix now. About economics and the crash. Superb. A great man.

Bare bones.

Very Sad on 23:00 - Sep 25 with 1133 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very Sad on 22:37 - Sep 25 by LythamR

Vary sad and particularly poignant that it restricts and ultimately destroys his ability to communicate

They are/were all extremely funny in different ways which made them such a brilliant collective. Jones revealed himself in latter years to be perhaps the most scholarly and his deep interest in social history impressed me

Classic line that always makes me laugh in LOB "Right my lad what have you been up to!"

"Huh. Sex, sex, sex. That's all they think about, huh? Well, how are you, then, officer?" - Mandy, as she sinks to he knees.

Completely brilliant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Very Sad on 10:36 - Sep 26 with 1038 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Very Sad on 12:31 - Sep 26 with 989 viewsisawqpratwcity

It must be galling for such a creative mind to lose the power of speech.

I am concerned that, as medical advances extend longevity, dementia may be the lot for many of us. I would prefer that I be given the chance to die before I go completely gaga, but to date that simple request seems to be too difficult for some pollies to get their bothersome heads around.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024