Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expanding to 106 20:54 - Sep 25 with 1108 viewsBoston

...load of bollocks, right?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Expanding to 106 on 21:54 - Sep 25 with 1040 viewsNorthernr

Is this the league proposals? I actually think there's something in it - the Football League fixture list is unworkable as it is. Once again on Tuesday I'm seeing games like Morecambe away to Barnet, Newport at Grimsby, Luton at Hartlepool, Portsmouth at Blackpool etc.

Now quite apart that being unfair to the supporters who want to go and see their team play, staging games at times that mean they will have to take time off work and have no choice but to travel by road as you can't go by train - or pay for a hotel - it's not fair to the clubs either. I can't imagine Morecambe's budget really needs the expense of taking 30 people to London on a midweek, with all the extra expense that comes with that. And I can;t imagine it does the players much good playing Saturday, spending big hours stuck in a bus two days later either side of another game, then being expected to play away again the following week.
Expanding to 106 on 21:57 - Sep 25 with 1027 viewsBoston

I didn't hear any details, are you suggesting a return to Div 3 North and South?

Expanding to 106 on 23:25 - Sep 25 with 893 viewsloftboy

Expanding to 106 on 21:57 - Sep 25 by Boston

I didn't hear any details, are you suggesting a return to Div 3 North and South?

No an extra division but fewer teams in each division meaning fewer mid week games, the extra teams are coming from the national league and not PL B sides or the old firm.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Expanding to 106 on 01:40 - Sep 26 with 810 viewsqpr1976

No problem with less teams, BUT would Clubs lower S/T prices for less games ? I doubt it. So the fans would lose out again.

I'd have no problem with regionaliing Div's 1 and 2 though. Less travel and more local games.

Are they still looking at the Championship becoming a Premiership Division 2 of 20 teams ?
Expanding to 106 on 02:03 - Sep 26 with 801 viewsBoston

Expanding to 106 on 01:40 - Sep 26 by qpr1976

No problem with less teams, BUT would Clubs lower S/T prices for less games ? I doubt it. So the fans would lose out again.

I'd have no problem with regionaliing Div's 1 and 2 though. Less travel and more local games.

Are they still looking at the Championship becoming a Premiership Division 2 of 20 teams ?

Y'know, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with lower league regionalization either.

Expanding to 106 on 08:17 - Sep 26 with 663 viewsloftboy

Expanding to 106 on 01:40 - Sep 26 by qpr1976

I actually reckon they are preparing for a total breakaway from the PL, I'm probably just a cynical old fart but the money is so huge now that teams cant afford to drop out even with parachute payments.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024