Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wugger Buggers 01:28 - Sep 26 with 1228 viewsBoston

...what's up with that odd shaped stand at Leicester? Although I enjoy a game of Rugby Union, grew up close to Wasps Vale Farm ground, I've not been in many stadiums and know little of the oddities that surround them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wugger Buggers on 14:26 - Sep 26 with 1132 viewsDorse

It's the oddities in the stands you need to worry about.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wugger Buggers on 14:41 - Sep 26 with 1110 viewsbob566

Wugger Buggers on 14:26 - Sep 26 by Dorse

It's the oddities in the stands you need to worry about.

which ones? The ones that can sit in the stands together having a few beers and not feeling the need to have a ruck.

Sure there was a thread on here last week saying that people felt weary of getting a kicking off their own fans in q block.

The oddities seem ok to me.
Wugger Buggers on 15:00 - Sep 26 with 1085 viewsBoston

Wugger Buggers on 14:41 - Sep 26 by bob566

which ones? The ones that can sit in the stands together having a few beers and not feeling the need to have a ruck.

Sure there was a thread on here last week saying that people felt weary of getting a kicking off their own fans in q block.

The oddities seem ok to me.

Most people would be grateful to just feel weary after a kicking.

Wugger Buggers on 15:22 - Sep 26 with 1066 viewsSimonJames

Apparently: "...the sweeping dynamic form of the Stand responds to the unusual trapezoidal shape of the site and provides spectators with excellent views of the pitch..." with seating being increased from 992 to "...approximately 3,100, taking [ground] capacity to 26,000..." and providing "...the Club with new offices, a premium hospitality suite (The Clubhouse) and terrace."

Although can't say I noticed much yesterday as I had my hands over my eyes to shield myself from the pain of Bath's performance.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Wugger Buggers on 20:58 - Sep 26 with 980 viewsslmrstid

I live near the Welford Road Stadium and what you'll never realise from seeing the place on the TV is that the stadium is slap bang in the middle of Leicester's inner ring road (one side of it is right behind the stand at one touchline, the other side right behind the other one. (Check it out on Google Earth to see what I mean).

When they built that stand last year the only way they could get a bigger stand to sit within the footprint of the road was for it to have that odd shape - makes it look different anyway, a bit like that stand Southampton had at the Dell.

It is actually quite a nice stadium, they've only got the one old stand left now and that's got Leicester College right behind it so they'll struggle to replace that. The main stand is only a few years old and is massive compared to the rest of the ground.

They have played a few European games at Leicester City in the past when Welford Road was smaller and both clubs hated the arrangement. Bonkers in some respects really as the two are ridiculously close together! Not quite Dundee but they can both be seen from the other.
Wugger Buggers on 01:09 - Sep 27 with 868 viewsBoston

Thanks, appreciate the info. Don't forget that we also had a 'sloping' stand at Loftus
Rd. Yes, the old School End and to be truthful, I'm not sure why that was constructed so either.

Wugger Buggers on 01:19 - Sep 27 with 866 viewsFredManRave

For anybody else that was wondering;

http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/stadium/stand-redevelopment/virtual-reality-
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 1:20]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024