Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not looking good for Big Sam.... 22:00 - Sep 26 with 17496 viewssimmo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manag

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 09:38 - Sep 27 with 2453 viewsMonkey_Roots

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 08:46 - Sep 27 by Lblock

You see this is why they went with the drawing pin sales accountant Woy in the first place.

it was obvious to me they'd choose him and the 12/1 on offer was too tempting. That was the best bullseye I've ever invested.

I was surprised they went for BFS due to the old stuff with his son and the BBC..... I recall that football God who we should all bow to, being Stir Alex Ferguson was also implicate in that???? He didn't speak to the Beeb ever again.

The jobs at England level are impossible - management, caoch, player or physio. That is 99% down to the media in this country and the stupid levels of coverage they give it. We are a very average football nation with the domestic game slaughtered by Sky's greed culture and the need to forever chase a new Carlos Kickaball "star" player.

Just give the job to John Sitton and lets have a right old laugh.....bring yer dinner

BFS, Woy... keep em coming L.

No abbreviation, humorous moniker for John Sitton?

Poll: Will we stay up?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 2420 viewsDorse

It wasn't looking good for Big Sam. Fortunately, he is a master of disguise.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 2394 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think he'll be fine. Slap on the wrist and a lawyer written public apology and every one carries on.

He keep saying that any arrangement will have to be 'cleared with the powers that be' - the stuff about loopholes in 3rd party ownership is embarrassing, but surely the definition of loophole is a legal way of getting things done that aren't in the spirit of the law?

To be honest, who wouldn't make a few choice comments about their employers if secretly filmed in the pub? Greedy and stupid from fat Sam though for sure.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:16 - Sep 27 with 2385 viewsNW5Hoop

Greedy and stupid, and embarrassing for his employers, and a story. But not enough to get him sacked, I would think. There's no illegality, just Allardyce being a cock. I suspect the Telegraph sports desk feel slightly underwhelmed themselves with what they've got, but having spent 10 months on it, they had to run something, or the bean counters upstairs would have been demanding to know why so many resources were used on a non-story.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:54 - Sep 27 with 2321 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beginning of the end for 'Onest Allardici.

This is why the FA never appointed Redknapp.

Bare bones.

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:59 - Sep 27 with 2311 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just a though for people defending this sort of thing (the Panorama expose).....

That's YOUR money they are fvcking YOUR club with.

It isn't harmless.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 11:31]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:12 - Sep 27 with 2274 viewsBrightonhoop

Has he gone yet?

Fat SAMs a dead ringer for Big Verne in Viz, all he needs is a sheepskin car coat and a sawn off shot gun to complete the combo.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:16 - Sep 27 with 2262 viewspaulparker

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:59 - Sep 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just a though for people defending this sort of thing (the Panorama expose).....

That's YOUR money they are fvcking YOUR club with.

It isn't harmless.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 11:31]

Just out of interest baz how do you stand with Terry Venables & Jim Gregory ?
both as bent as a nine bob note but both very successful at QPR, you could say a lot of times they took the money out of our pockets with dodgy dealings
stan bowles another rogue said in his own book said he would emotionally blackmail Gregory into more money or lump sums by telling him he would leave , how's that right?
players , agents, owners , managers , they have always been about the money and a quick buck , its not right but unfortunately its the way football has always been run
its just now its a billionaire industry and millionaires are now becoming multi millionaires out of the shady side of things
its the same with pop stars and actors with dodgy offshore accounts
its a load of old bollox really and the reality is Sam will be gone after his 2 year deal (a bit like EL Tel ) and we will have a safety boring manager like Southgate who fcuks things up and people will be saying oh we need a strong character to run the team etc etc etc

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:22 - Sep 27 with 2256 viewsHunterhoop

Baz, have you actually listened to the recording or read the transcript.

This isn't the same thing as the sting a few years ago by Panarama that Clive refers to, which did look damning.

This is simply a bloke using his position to sell himself as a speaker. It happens in politics and business all the time. Not pretty, but it's not a "club's" money or a "fan's" money he' taking; it would be the money of the (fake) firm.

The fact he keeps saying he'd need to clear his involvement with the FA saves him. Only he and the FA know whether his contract expressly forbids him to perform private roles or public speaking whilst in the role.

The bigger issue in here for Sam is the whole 3rd party ownership stuff. Again, he doesn't do or say anything wrong per se. He just says there are ways around the rules, which several managers and agents are exploiting. I can imagine, he'll get off here providing he agrees to "help" the FA with their investigations. He may have to throw a few people under buses, but that'll likely be it. The bigger risk for him is anyone he does throw under a bus then dishing real dirt on him. There's an outside chance this sort of dobbing in could snowball and bring down the whole charade, but I'd imagine too many people are implicated and it'll get brushed under the carpet with a couple of agents taking the fall.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:25 - Sep 27 with 2253 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:16 - Sep 27 by paulparker

Just out of interest baz how do you stand with Terry Venables & Jim Gregory ?
both as bent as a nine bob note but both very successful at QPR, you could say a lot of times they took the money out of our pockets with dodgy dealings
stan bowles another rogue said in his own book said he would emotionally blackmail Gregory into more money or lump sums by telling him he would leave , how's that right?
players , agents, owners , managers , they have always been about the money and a quick buck , its not right but unfortunately its the way football has always been run
its just now its a billionaire industry and millionaires are now becoming multi millionaires out of the shady side of things
its the same with pop stars and actors with dodgy offshore accounts
its a load of old bollox really and the reality is Sam will be gone after his 2 year deal (a bit like EL Tel ) and we will have a safety boring manager like Southgate who fcuks things up and people will be saying oh we need a strong character to run the team etc etc etc

All legends, and all of their time.

But if you want me to shrug off corruption I can't do that.

The fact it's been going on for years doesn't make it right either.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 11:38]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:29 - Sep 27 with 2239 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree with those that think he's in the clear. He hints and winks and nods but there's not one sentence in there that will nail him. He comes across as a clown and there'll always be a whiff of him but there's no smoking gun here that I can see.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:30 - Sep 27 with 2237 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:22 - Sep 27 by Hunterhoop

This isn't the same thing as the sting a few years ago by Panarama that Clive refers to, which did look damning.

This is simply a bloke using his position to sell himself as a speaker. It happens in politics and business all the time. Not pretty, but it's not a "club's" money or a "fan's" money he' taking; it would be the money of the (fake) firm.

The fact he keeps saying he'd need to clear his involvement with the FA saves him. Only he and the FA know whether his contract expressly forbids him to perform private roles or public speaking whilst in the role.

The bigger issue in here for Sam is the whole 3rd party ownership stuff. Again, he doesn't do or say anything wrong per se. He just says there are ways around the rules, which several managers and agents are exploiting. I can imagine, he'll get off here providing he agrees to "help" the FA with their investigations. He may have to throw a few people under buses, but that'll likely be it. The bigger risk for him is anyone he does throw under a bus then dishing real dirt on him. There's an outside chance this sort of dobbing in could snowball and bring down the whole charade, but I'd imagine too many people are implicated and it'll get brushed under the carpet with a couple of agents taking the fall.

Mine was just a general comment about bungs in the game not about Allardyce.

I was generalising. I've edited my comment accordingly.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 11:32]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:40 - Sep 27 with 2209 viewsElHoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:30 - Sep 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mine was just a general comment about bungs in the game not about Allardyce.

I was generalising. I've edited my comment accordingly.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 11:32]

We'll never ever stop hearing abuse directed at the likes of Hughes and Redknapp for what they got up to at QPR, none of which was any worse than what Allardyce has done in the past if it was anywhere near as bad.

So is there one rule for England managers and another for QPR managers?
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:45 - Sep 27 with 2194 viewsingeminate

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:22 - Sep 27 by Hunterhoop

Agree.

Possibly corrupt, but this video proves very little.

However, for an England Manager earning as much as he does what an error of judgement to even entertain a company involved in third party ownership.

A tremendously greedy man.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:50 - Sep 27 with 2179 viewsjonno

He's got plenty of previous.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:57 - Sep 27 with 1777 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:40 - Sep 27 by ElHoop

We'll never ever stop hearing abuse directed at the likes of Hughes and Redknapp for what they got up to at QPR, none of which was any worse than what Allardyce has done in the past if it was anywhere near as bad.

So is there one rule for England managers and another for QPR managers?

If he was a club manager and caught doing it then yes throw the book at him but all he has done is talk about it and not agreed to anything, he even tells the bloke he is an idiot for talking about bungs as that sort of thing can't happen anymore and hasn't been in the game for 20 years.

It's all a fuss over nothing but will keep the tabloids excited for a few weeks
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:58 - Sep 27 with 1775 viewsMaggsinho

The Times is reporting that he's going to be sacked today.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:06 - Sep 27 with 1759 viewsElHoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:57 - Sep 27 by daveB

If he was a club manager and caught doing it then yes throw the book at him but all he has done is talk about it and not agreed to anything, he even tells the bloke he is an idiot for talking about bungs as that sort of thing can't happen anymore and hasn't been in the game for 20 years.

It's all a fuss over nothing but will keep the tabloids excited for a few weeks

No I'm sorry that's not correct. He's an employee of the FA and the FA is opposed to 'slavery' in terms of the third party ownership of footballers, and rightly so. Remember the aggro caused by the Faurlin saga? Allardyce should also be opposed to this sort of thing in any circumstances or environment which involves football, as it's 'company policy'.

It's not acceptable to advise that there are 'ways around it' or whatever he said.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:22 - Sep 27 with 1720 viewssimmo

He's a fat greedy idiot and deserves what he gets. Honestly, you've just landed your dream job for £3m a year and before the ink is dry on your contract you negotiate a shady way to earn another 450 grand.

Twát.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:28 - Sep 27 with 1706 viewsHunterhoop

No doubt he's greedy as hell and a tw&t. Just don't think he's done enough wrong here to be sacked. Without knowing the T&Cs of his contract, which is obviously, I'd think he'd have a decent case to take the FA to tribunal if they did sack him...unless there's clauses he's specifically breached.

Anyway, we're all missing the most important two aspects of this expose:

1) £450k - what a gig! First class flights to the Far East, 2 nights, 1 public speaking engagement, drinks with clients and back. 3 times. What a gig!
2) HE IS DRINKING A PINT OF WINE IN THE VIDEO! A PINT OF WINE!! "Lads on tour"....Big Sam is ALWAYS on tour.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:39 - Sep 27 with 1668 viewsElHoop

Well I reckon that he's a gonner. We'd look really stupid around the world if we let him off with coming out with that sort of stuff by virtue of his position.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:40 - Sep 27 with 1668 viewsBrightonhoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:58 - Sep 27 by Maggsinho

The Times is reporting that he's going to be sacked today.

Interesting. Got a link? BBC reporting FA won't meet until tomorrow morning emphasising the need to investigate before any decisions are reached.

Is he on £3 Mil? Thought Capello was on £6mil. Not sure how Fat Sam is supposed to get by on a paltry £3 mil....
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:57 - Sep 27 with 1630 viewsMaggsinho

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:40 - Sep 27 by Brightonhoop

Interesting. Got a link? BBC reporting FA won't meet until tomorrow morning emphasising the need to investigate before any decisions are reached.

Is he on £3 Mil? Thought Capello was on £6mil. Not sure how Fat Sam is supposed to get by on a paltry £3 mil....

Here you are:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/fa-chiefs-set-to-sack-allardyce-over-cor
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:58 - Sep 27 with 1627 viewsHunterhoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:40 - Sep 27 by Brightonhoop

Absolutely. Tough if you are drinking vintage red wine by the pint every evening.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:06 - Sep 27 with 1591 viewsrsonist

Didn't expect the FA would go through with it (kind of still don't) but I don't find myself particularly sad about it either.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/sam-allardyce-living-embodiment-greed-good-l

Brutal opinion piece from Brian Glanville today hard to argue with really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024