Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not looking good for Big Sam.... 22:00 - Sep 26 with 17419 viewssimmo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manag

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:09 - Sep 27 with 1831 viewsrsonist

If the FA had any sense they would take away that £3m wage and invest £2.95m of it in English coaching. Then times it by ten. The dearth of talent is horrific and the future is truly bleak.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:11 - Sep 27 with 1825 viewsBrightonhoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:57 - Sep 27 by Maggsinho

Here you are:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/fa-chiefs-set-to-sack-allardyce-over-cor

Cheers, it's for subscribers only, can you copy and paste whole article? Sounds like they have reached a decision wanting to meet with him first before implementing it....
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:11 - Sep 27 with 1825 viewsTGRRRSSS

Utter fool, don't see any way round it for him but to go, still dare say he'll get something of a pay out but his career in football in UK at least is surely over.
China or Middle East his only hopes if he so desired. Even media gigs would be out you'd think.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:12 - Sep 27 with 1824 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 12:22 - Sep 27 by simmo

He's a fat greedy idiot and deserves what he gets. Honestly, you've just landed your dream job for £3m a year and before the ink is dry on your contract you negotiate a shady way to earn another 450 grand.

Twát.

That was my overriding feeling as well. Maybe not guilty of corruption by definition but greedy and obnoxious. The saddest. most childish and most pathetic part was 'Woy'. Where's your pride, man?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:17 - Sep 27 with 1802 viewsBrightonhoop

Greed is human nature, which is why judgement matters so much. I can't see him surviving this on poor judgement alone, he had his advisors around him, did no one stop to think?
FA will be a world wide laughing stock if he isn't sacked for gross misconduct at least.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:20 - Sep 27 with 1792 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:17 - Sep 27 by Brightonhoop

Greed is human nature, which is why judgement matters so much. I can't see him surviving this on poor judgement alone, he had his advisors around him, did no one stop to think?
FA will be a world wide laughing stock if he isn't sacked for gross misconduct at least.

how can he be sacked for gross misconduct?
I reckon if he's sacked he'll have a strong case to sue to the FA. This will be the 3rd England manager to lose his job due to undercover journalists, you'd think they might want to chase real crooks
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 13:20]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:23 - Sep 27 with 1780 viewsCamberleyR

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:06 - Sep 27 by rsonist

Didn't expect the FA would go through with it (kind of still don't) but I don't find myself particularly sad about it either.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/sam-allardyce-living-embodiment-greed-good-l

Brutal opinion piece from Brian Glanville today hard to argue with really.

"voracious lout"
Classic Glanville

Agree, it's hard to argue with what he writes.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 13:30]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:27 - Sep 27 with 1761 viewsBrightonhoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:20 - Sep 27 by daveB

I reckon if he's sacked he'll have a strong case to sue to the FA. This will be the 3rd England manager to lose his job due to undercover journalists, you'd think they might want to chase real crooks

Advising investors they can get around rules outlawing ownership of economic rights of players. Can't viably do that and Manage England when the FA ruled it out in 2008 and FIFA outlawed i soon after.

What else is he upto, throwing games?
Login to get fewer ads

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:29 - Sep 27 with 1742 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:27 - Sep 27 by Brightonhoop

Advising investors they can get around rules outlawing ownership of economic rights of players. Can't viably do that and Manage England when the FA ruled it out in 2008 and FIFA outlawed i soon after.

What else is he upto, throwing games?

But what he said isn't wrong, you can get around third part ownership but buying the third party out which is within the laws. The dodgy bit was saying they should buy the agent and get a cut of his percentage but again not actually breaking any rules.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:37 - Sep 27 with 1714 viewsBasingstokeR

Didn't we "get around" some 3rd Party Ownership Rules to some extent?
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:38 - Sep 27 with 1708 viewsBrightonhoop

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:29 - Sep 27 by daveB

But what he said isn't wrong, you can get around third part ownership but buying the third party out which is within the laws. The dodgy bit was saying they should buy the agent and get a cut of his percentage but again not actually breaking any rules.

That's certainly the problem, he is operating in grey areas where he can't be seen to be operating.

I think he's fooked.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:41 - Sep 27 with 1697 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:20 - Sep 27 by daveB

People are getting their bollocks shot off reporting in Syria, Yemen, or Sudan every day, but we're the dickheads (the readers) who are lapping up this shit and stuff like it.

They don't go chasing real crooks because we want them to tell us about celebrity gossip or transfer window speculation instead.

The Sun: Circulation 2.2 million

The Observer: Circulation 710 thousand

Yes I am aware what a self righteous prick I look.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 14:22]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 14:35 - Sep 27 with 1574 viewsFredManRave

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:22 - Sep 27 by Hunterhoop

Baz, have you actually listened to the recording or read the transcript.

This isn't the same thing as the sting a few years ago by Panarama that Clive refers to, which did look damning.

This is simply a bloke using his position to sell himself as a speaker. It happens in politics and business all the time. Not pretty, but it's not a "club's" money or a "fan's" money he' taking; it would be the money of the (fake) firm.

The fact he keeps saying he'd need to clear his involvement with the FA saves him. Only he and the FA know whether his contract expressly forbids him to perform private roles or public speaking whilst in the role.

The bigger issue in here for Sam is the whole 3rd party ownership stuff. Again, he doesn't do or say anything wrong per se. He just says there are ways around the rules, which several managers and agents are exploiting. I can imagine, he'll get off here providing he agrees to "help" the FA with their investigations. He may have to throw a few people under buses, but that'll likely be it. The bigger risk for him is anyone he does throw under a bus then dishing real dirt on him. There's an outside chance this sort of dobbing in could snowball and bring down the whole charade, but I'd imagine too many people are implicated and it'll get brushed under the carpet with a couple of agents taking the fall.

"Dobbing in"

Excellent! Not heard that since about '78.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 14:36 - Sep 27 with 1573 viewsBasingstokeR

Give Levy a cheap deal to release Pochettino
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 14:43 - Sep 27 with 1545 viewsFredManRave

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 14:36 - Sep 27 by BasingstokeR

Give Levy a cheap deal to release Pochettino

There aren't many things guaranteed in football but an Argentinean managing England is one of them , well certainly not in our life time anyway...

I've got the Power.

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 14:50 - Sep 27 with 1508 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 13:38 - Sep 27 by Brightonhoop

That's certainly the problem, he is operating in grey areas where he can't be seen to be operating.

I think he's fooked.

Thing is reporters have basically offered him a fake job for 450k which breaks no rules, possibly it goes against his contract with the FA which is where he will be in trouble but if not then he's done nothing wrong. He even says he'll need to clear it with the FA before e accepts anything

They then try and trap him talking about bungs to push transfers through which he quickly tells them can't be done and then on 3rd part ownership basically says yeah you can do it but they have rules and this is what you need to do to push it through.

If he's gone looking for the work then yeah he's a prat but much like the fake sheikh offering Sven the Chelsea job when his England contract was up I think the journalists involved have created this shit storm to sell papers rather than expose anything as nothing has really been exposed here.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:07]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 15:10 - Sep 27 with 1468 viewsstuabd

I'm not sure how much stuff the Telegraph have on him but apparently tomorrow's edition has a few quotes on his opinion of the HM Revenue and Customs.

He's not a fan. Can't fault him there.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 15:15 - Sep 27 with 1451 viewsstuabd

On Thursday, I reckon he will give his views on reincarnation.

Friday is probably a few comments about building a giant wall between Scotland and England.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:19]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 15:27 - Sep 27 with 1422 viewspaulparker

Who really gives a sh1t , if the fella can get us to a Qtr final of a tournament then its happy days ,
lets face it the press have hounded out the likes of Bobby, El tel, Sven, Hoddle over the years for non footballing reasons
which leaves us with the likes of Woy & McLaren and we wonder why we are terrible as a footballing nation
worse still we could give it to Pardew , im sure he would sort out the players wives

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 16:00 - Sep 27 with 1342 viewsMick_S

Or:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 16:10 - Sep 27 with 1299 viewsDannyPaddox

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 00:55 - Sep 27 by Boston

True, but Sammy will likely find a well remunerated position in the Middle-East or China.

... or down at the Orient.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 16:30 - Sep 27 with 1262 viewsFredManRave

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 15:27 - Sep 27 by paulparker

Who really gives a sh1t , if the fella can get us to a Qtr final of a tournament then its happy days ,
lets face it the press have hounded out the likes of Bobby, El tel, Sven, Hoddle over the years for non footballing reasons
which leaves us with the likes of Woy & McLaren and we wonder why we are terrible as a footballing nation
worse still we could give it to Pardew , im sure he would sort out the players wives

I heard from somebody ITK that Pardew and Allardyce had a dance of and that's how Allardyce got the job. The correct decision, imo.

I've got the Power.

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 16:52 - Sep 27 with 1218 viewsdermyqpr

Not exactly a shitstorm but I reckon Arrys name will be mentioned a couple of times tomorrow.

Or is he the one that walked out as soon as bungs were mentioned??
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 16:53]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 16:57 - Sep 27 with 1201 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 16:52 - Sep 27 by dermyqpr

Not exactly a shitstorm but I reckon Arrys name will be mentioned a couple of times tomorrow.

Or is he the one that walked out as soon as bungs were mentioned??
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 16:53]

They couldn't pin anything on Redknapp when he was working so would be surprised if he got done now
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 17:08 - Sep 27 with 1177 viewsKonk

(1) Sam Allardyce is a horrible tw at who was so far up Alex Ferguson's ar se that the Fire brigade had to cut him out.

(2) He should have been sacked when he claimed it wasn't any of his business where Rooney decided to play for England v Slovakia. Yeah, you're on £3m pa to lay the cones out and make sure everyone's on the bus after games, you fat cu nt.

(3) A six year old giving it "Woy" is cause for embarrassment, a sixty year old bloke? Deary me.

(4) He's not actually very good and he's a cu nt.

Sack him.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024