Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not looking good for Big Sam.... 22:00 - Sep 26 with 17499 viewssimmo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manag

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 22:46 - Sep 27 with 1630 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think it's a shame, not that I think he is a great manager, clearly they played on his rambling billy big boots mouth after a few drinks, talking crap just the same as most on here (waits for the, you're talking crap)
Lost any real interest in England after 96, it's been shite since.

The only ones really pleased about this are the press, who will no doubt want Hoddle or Shearer
RIP England

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 22:54 - Sep 27 with 1611 viewsWilloW4

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 22:46 - Sep 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think it's a shame, not that I think he is a great manager, clearly they played on his rambling billy big boots mouth after a few drinks, talking crap just the same as most on here (waits for the, you're talking crap)
Lost any real interest in England after 96, it's been shite since.

The only ones really pleased about this are the press, who will no doubt want Hoddle or Shearer
RIP England

The blokes : dodgy , shifty...very unlikeable.. And very much a mate of Redknapps.. All true. Er, allegedly... Love to see 'Arry cough cough Redknapp get done...allegedly .!👍.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:05 - Sep 27 with 1574 viewskensalriser

Surprised that anyone can't see he had to go. Terrrible misjudgement and showed himself up as a loutish, possibly corrupt oaf.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:08 - Sep 27 with 1561 viewsted_hendrix

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 20:42 - Sep 27 by Hunterhoop

Sorry, wasn't intending to come across as teaching granny to suck eggs. I'd guess the FA want to be seen to uphold the integrity of the game (although watch them not go after the agents and prominent managers, Alladyce referred to). A load of bluff and bluster about values, etc.

Plus, they probably didn't want/like him from the start and this is a good excuse to get rid (and justify their original stance on the likes of him, Redknapp, etc).

Oh, and that classic senior management thing of "not wanting to appear weak". He's also probably not wanting to drag this through the courts, knows his position is undermined, gets to keep his £3m and come out with a "sincere apology".

"Sorry, wasn't intending to come across as teaching granny to suck eggs. "

I know you wasn't Hunter, It stinks the whole episode bloody stinks and its embarrassing.
To me he was not only the England football Manager he was also or should be seen as an ambassador for this Country representing this Country abroad etcetera.
What an awful mess English football is in at the moment, I bet we look right stupid abroad.
There'll be more to come from all of this I suspect.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:20 - Sep 27 with 1534 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 22:27 - Sep 27 by Jigsore

I don't see why, it's fairly well know Big Sam is in bed with dodgy agents, do you remember all the posts about him and Kevin Nolan trying to pressure Ravel Morrison into something similar before his loan here?

he got his 'dream job' and jeopardised it in the stupidest way possible before he even played a game. we lambast Redknapp for being a crook and I don't see why anyone would give Allardici a free pass?

I see your point, Jigsore.

I don't like the man, not in the slightest, but the decision to fire him or not was based on the interview and if it went to court that's all that he would have been answerable for as the FA hired him even after all the other rumours, doubts and allegations.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:46 - Sep 27 with 1505 viewsJigsore

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:20 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't like the man, not in the slightest, but the decision to fire him or not was based on the interview and if it went to court that's all that he would have been answerable for as the FA hired him even after all the other rumours, doubts and allegations.

that's also fair but considering the FA made what I consider was a mistake in the first place I think they've worked out the right thing now. Dragging it through court is a larger embarassment to both them and Sam where more dodgy dealings in the past may come to light so they've given him the offer to graciously resign, and I use the word graciously possibly as loosely as the English vernacular has ever seen

He takes it on the chin and will probaly find another club by the end of the season, the FA just continue with their circus and hire bloody Steve Bruce or something, not that they care

At you lot remember the last time England were half decent, I was 1 in 96 I know nothing but disappointment

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:57 - Sep 27 with 1485 viewsCiderwithRsie

Unf*ckingbeleivable.

I'm sick of this now.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 05:32 - Sep 28 with 1384 viewsjonno

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:57 - Sep 27 by CiderwithRsie

Unf*ckingbeleivable.

I'm sick of this now.

Really? I actually think it's quite funny, and shows exactly what a corrupt sport football has become at the highest levels.
Login to get fewer ads

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 07:44 - Sep 28 with 1318 viewsterryb

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 23:20 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

As I said earlier, it won't go to court.

In normal employment, employers can basically sack you without reason during your first year & you can't sue for dismissal (constructive or otherwise). Sam was employed for about three months. This may not apply for discrimination, but that would follow a different course to an employment tribunal. This is part of employment law that I greatly disagree with!

Being football, whether there is anything in his contract that he could invoke we do not know.

However, it would seem that the FA will hold an investigation before deciding whether they will pay any compensation & Sam has stated that he accepts the FA viewpoint.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 7:48]
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 07:49 - Sep 28 with 1303 viewseasthertsr

As previously said , any manager who said in a press conference that one of his players can choose to play where he wants because he is so good and knows better than me, is clearly an incompetent fool. Especially when said player is clearly in woeful form to the extent that he has been dropped by his club. A completely embarrassing appointment by people who have no idea, he was merely the latest in a long line of managers out of their depth.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 08:54 - Sep 28 with 1243 viewsMonahoop

Allardyce would have fitted in well with the corrupt band of football managers back in the 70's and 80's. He has the look and attitude of many from that time. Time has moved on. Sam didn't move with. A footballing dinosaur if ever there was one. He continued to play the chancer until he was caught. A sneaky way to get nobbled maybe, but I guess a sting was probably needed to nail the bloke, who it would seem must have some previous history in dodgy dealings. He not being the brightest in the business fell for the trap hook, line and sinker. It's sad that it has come at a time when he was in charge of the national team, but if you're not prepared to show a bit of professional acumen at such a level, then you deserve to be punished. I'm glad the lumpkin has gone. Others too look like they are going to be exposed in the not too distant future. English football is at an all time low, not helped by the likes of Sam Allardyce.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 09:03 - Sep 28 with 1232 viewsAgedR

Interesting article from Matthew Syed on this

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-fa-should-have-stood-by-its-man-07zmk38lk?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 09:21 - Sep 28 with 1211 viewsKonk

His reign may have been brief, but if I take anything away from Allardyce’s time with the National team, it’s the stupidity of drinking pints of wine when meeting prospective clients. I’m going to stick to halves from now on.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 09:33 - Sep 28 with 1183 viewsstuabd

Been talking to someone at Skysports already. Apparently he was helping out a mate by going along in the first place. Does plenty of charity work as well. Generous bloke according to the reporter.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:05 - Sep 28 with 1147 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 09:33 - Sep 28 by stuabd

Been talking to someone at Skysports already. Apparently he was helping out a mate by going along in the first place. Does plenty of charity work as well. Generous bloke according to the reporter.

Wants to get back to work as soon as possible and some QPR fans already calling for him to come to us.

I didn't think the Telegraph got enough on him for him to be be sacked and not enough to stop him working again but you'd have to be pretty desperate to hire him at the moment
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:33 - Sep 28 with 1115 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm sure you all hated this "journalist" as much as I did before this, but this is a whole new level of hypocrisy from 'Arry's best mate and mouthpiece in the press Martin Samuel:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3810681/Fallen-England-boss-Sa
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 10:58 - Sep 28 with 1080 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:01 - Sep 28 with 1074 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 05:32 - Sep 28 by jonno

Really? I actually think it's quite funny, and shows exactly what a corrupt sport football has become at the highest levels.

you think it's any different in non league Jonno?

Bare bones.

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:05 - Sep 28 with 1063 viewsRangers67

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 07:49 - Sep 28 by easthertsr

As previously said , any manager who said in a press conference that one of his players can choose to play where he wants because he is so good and knows better than me, is clearly an incompetent fool. Especially when said player is clearly in woeful form to the extent that he has been dropped by his club. A completely embarrassing appointment by people who have no idea, he was merely the latest in a long line of managers out of their depth.

Spot on. I would add that his predecessor was just as guilty of incompetence as we saw in the Euros. He announced that it was players that won tournaments not systems, clown. Sir Alf must be turning in his grave. The real problem however is the hierarchy at the FA. The chairman used to sell biscuits and most of the others that surround him haven,t got the required background for this job. The only solution is a complete clear out from the top but that ain,t going to happen as there are to many pigs with their snouts in the trough. All very sad for English football really.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:07 - Sep 28 with 1053 viewsdaveB

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:05 - Sep 28 by Rangers67

Spot on. I would add that his predecessor was just as guilty of incompetence as we saw in the Euros. He announced that it was players that won tournaments not systems, clown. Sir Alf must be turning in his grave. The real problem however is the hierarchy at the FA. The chairman used to sell biscuits and most of the others that surround him haven,t got the required background for this job. The only solution is a complete clear out from the top but that ain,t going to happen as there are to many pigs with their snouts in the trough. All very sad for English football really.

would rather a biscuit salesmen in charge than the corrupt footballers
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:16 - Sep 28 with 1037 viewsLongsufferingR

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:07 - Sep 28 by daveB

would rather a biscuit salesmen in charge than the corrupt footballers

There's just as much corruption in biscuits as in football. They don't call them Rich Tea for nothing you know.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:24 - Sep 28 with 1018 viewsMick_S

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:16 - Sep 28 by LongsufferingR

There's just as much corruption in biscuits as in football. They don't call them Rich Tea for nothing you know.

Who's the Jammy Dodger then?

Nice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 1012 viewsLongsufferingR

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:24 - Sep 28 by Mick_S

Who's the Jammy Dodger then?

Nice.

Can't name names about the corruption, but there was violence involved as well mainly involving Jack The Hat McVities.
Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:30 - Sep 28 with 996 viewspaulparker

to much Hob Nobbing going on me thinks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not looking good for Big Sam.... on 11:35 - Sep 28 with 967 viewsElHoop

It's all too much to digestive at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024