Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beast of Burton match Fred 11:55 - Sep 27 with 22912 viewsHooparoo

Another 0-0 or did the penny drop for Jimmy on Saturday? Would like to see Mass and Ariel in centre mid together but it will no doubt be Karl "the crab" Henry instead.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Beast of Burton match Fred on 09:09 - Sep 28 with 844 viewsderbyhoop

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:38 - Sep 27 by DWQPR

Dave I don't think that is strictly true. I believe that Hasselbaink is out of his depth, consistently playing players out of position and Saturday he got lucky with Cousins injury as Wszolek came on and was the catalyst to a much improved performance. I had a ticket for tonight, I couldn't be bothered to go. Over the last ten months I have seen some of the most mind numbing football played by Rangers in many a year. It is full, it is boring, it is backwards. For the last five months of last season I thought that he was waiting to get his own players in and get the remainder of the squad fit for the new season. He got rid of Faurlin and kept Henry, obviously thinking that Faurlin would not be able to cope with the high tempo, high pressing game we were promised. Eleven games into the new season we have reverted to type, dull, boring, backwards football. I want Hasselbaink to be a success at QPR and I am sure every other supporter would like to see the same, I want my team playing open, attractive football, scoring plenty and winning more than they lose all from the JFH text book on football. But it isn't happening and from the evidence it isn't going to happen because he is too afraid to send out a team that has a first priority to attack. Therefore I feel he isn't the man for the job. It seems that we cannot get the appointment right but many other clubs can, Huddersfield can, Brentford can, but we can't.

How long ago was JFH appointed?
What was the process that identified him as, far and away, the best candidate?
What were your expectations for this season?

I'll answer the last one, from a personal point of view. I expected us to show a marginal improvement over last season's 12th place. At a push, I thought we might be able to challenge for a top 6 place. I thought we wouldn't concede many, after ending last year conceding 31 in 35 games. I didn't think we'd score many, though. In summary, a season of consolidation. That expectation hasn't changed for me.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Beast of Burton match Fred on 09:49 - Sep 28 with 802 viewsPinnerPaul

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:38 - Sep 27 by DWQPR

Dave I don't think that is strictly true. I believe that Hasselbaink is out of his depth, consistently playing players out of position and Saturday he got lucky with Cousins injury as Wszolek came on and was the catalyst to a much improved performance. I had a ticket for tonight, I couldn't be bothered to go. Over the last ten months I have seen some of the most mind numbing football played by Rangers in many a year. It is full, it is boring, it is backwards. For the last five months of last season I thought that he was waiting to get his own players in and get the remainder of the squad fit for the new season. He got rid of Faurlin and kept Henry, obviously thinking that Faurlin would not be able to cope with the high tempo, high pressing game we were promised. Eleven games into the new season we have reverted to type, dull, boring, backwards football. I want Hasselbaink to be a success at QPR and I am sure every other supporter would like to see the same, I want my team playing open, attractive football, scoring plenty and winning more than they lose all from the JFH text book on football. But it isn't happening and from the evidence it isn't going to happen because he is too afraid to send out a team that has a first priority to attack. Therefore I feel he isn't the man for the job. It seems that we cannot get the appointment right but many other clubs can, Huddersfield can, Brentford can, but we can't.

Aston Villa, Derby, Sunderland can't

Thats a silly game , for every team with the "right" manager, there is one with the "wrong" one.

Only 1 team can be top of the league, for every top half, there's a bottom group - its life.

Your quite understandable ideal "winning more games than we lose, playing attractive football" is of course what we all want, I think the point is, getting rid of JFH doesn't guarantee that at all!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024