Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beast of Burton match Fred 11:55 - Sep 27 with 22908 viewsHooparoo

Another 0-0 or did the penny drop for Jimmy on Saturday? Would like to see Mass and Ariel in centre mid together but it will no doubt be Karl "the crab" Henry instead.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:49 - Sep 27 with 1798 viewsGloucs_R

Who can cover left back now?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:50 - Sep 27 with 1783 viewsPunteR

Btw someone has reported me for abuse. Not actual abuse but cyber abuse.

Which one of you was it? C'mon own up..
I'm going to have Clive issuing me a down grade now. That will be the second one this week after i mentioned that Les Ferdinand was in the team photo..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:51 - Sep 27 with 1757 viewsjohncharles

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:44 - Sep 27 by bosh67

Hope Bidwell is okay. 1-1 not a bad result. We seem to have steadied the ship a bit.

You mad optimistic fool.

Strong and stable my arse.

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:51 - Sep 27 with 1752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:50 - Sep 27 by PunteR

Btw someone has reported me for abuse. Not actual abuse but cyber abuse.

Which one of you was it? C'mon own up..
I'm going to have Clive issuing me a down grade now. That will be the second one this week after i mentioned that Les Ferdinand was in the team photo..

Most likely an accident, PunteR.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:53 - Sep 27 with 1697 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:49 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

Washington? did ok covering for that US lad against Sunderland..

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:56 - Sep 27 with 1639 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:51 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Most likely an accident, PunteR.

yeh ..
All i said was why is Ferdinand in the photo

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:56 - Sep 27 with 1625 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:49 - Sep 27 by Gloucs_R

Lynch sounded like he did ok there

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:58 - Sep 27 with 1608 viewsCHUBBS

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:48 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

We're well depleted heading into that. Hope to Christ we get a few back for it.

1-1 tonight's not too bad I suppose. I'm happy anyway.

We should still be able to put together a decent team with what we have.
Beat Fulham and Jimmy will give himself some leverage with the fans who want him gone.
Lose badly and he's a gonna.
Login to get fewer ads

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:58 - Sep 27 with 1601 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:56 - Sep 27 by PunteR

Lynch sounded like he did ok there

Who plays on the right for Fulham and has he, ahem, coruscating pace?

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:59 - Sep 27 with 1569 viewsCHUBBS

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:56 - Sep 27 by PunteR

yeh ..
All i said was why is Ferdinand in the photo

That's enough for some on here
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:02 - Sep 27 with 1555 viewsDeepcutHoop

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:58 - Sep 27 by CHUBBS

Beat Fulham and Jimmy will give himself some leverage with the fans who want him gone.

When there are fans losing their minds about JFH playing one up front, when we had only one fully fit striker today, he has no chance regardless.
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:03 - Sep 27 with 1524 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:58 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Who plays on the right for Fulham and has he, ahem, coruscating pace?

word of the day

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:04 - Sep 27 with 1507 viewsBucksRanger

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:02 - Sep 27 by DeepcutHoop

When there are fans losing their minds about JFH playing one up front, when we had only one fully fit striker today, he has no chance regardless.

Bet Sandro could play CF in a pinch.

:)
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:06 - Sep 27 with 1476 viewsactonman

Without seeing the game, I shall take the positives as a point away on a Tuesday night , came from behind again (ooh er) and er , well another point nearer to safety
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:06 - Sep 27 with 1476 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:02 - Sep 27 by DeepcutHoop

He always plays one up front.

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:12 - Sep 27 with 1410 viewsdaveB

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:45 - Sep 27 by DeepcutHoop

Followed the match via the QPR hashtag on Twitter.

Never again. Some of our fans seem absolutely desperate for us to be terrible..

From all other sources it sounds like we deserved something more out of the game than just a point.

More concerned with the Bidwell injury than drawing away midweek tbh.

me too, an eye opening experience. The joy when we went 1-0 down was incredible, they couldn't wait to go mental. I don't think i'll be doing that again

Mate of mine at the game was sending text updates to me and said we played ok, not a great game but we were just about the better side and unlucky not to win it.
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:14 - Sep 27 with 1388 viewsdaveB

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:58 - Sep 27 by CHUBBS

we could beat Fulham 5-0 and people would still want him gone. it's the QPR way been the same for 20 years. some fans will always scream for a new manager every September/October. Even under Holloway the only year he didn't have fans screaming for him to go was the year we went up
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:15 - Sep 27 with 1375 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:12 - Sep 27 by daveB

me too, an eye opening experience. The joy when we went 1-0 down was incredible, they couldn't wait to go mental. I don't think i'll be doing that again

Mate of mine at the game was sending text updates to me and said we played ok, not a great game but we were just about the better side and unlucky not to win it.

Your mate is not called Washington is he?

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:16 - Sep 27 with 1359 viewsdaveB

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:15 - Sep 27 by PunteR

Your mate is not called Washington is he?

No mate, he's called Jimmy Flloyd
Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:38 - Sep 27 with 1198 viewsDWQPR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:14 - Sep 27 by daveB

we could beat Fulham 5-0 and people would still want him gone. it's the QPR way been the same for 20 years. some fans will always scream for a new manager every September/October. Even under Holloway the only year he didn't have fans screaming for him to go was the year we went up

Dave I don't think that is strictly true. I believe that Hasselbaink is out of his depth, consistently playing players out of position and Saturday he got lucky with Cousins injury as Wszolek came on and was the catalyst to a much improved performance. I had a ticket for tonight, I couldn't be bothered to go. Over the last ten months I have seen some of the most mind numbing football played by Rangers in many a year. It is full, it is boring, it is backwards. For the last five months of last season I thought that he was waiting to get his own players in and get the remainder of the squad fit for the new season. He got rid of Faurlin and kept Henry, obviously thinking that Faurlin would not be able to cope with the high tempo, high pressing game we were promised. Eleven games into the new season we have reverted to type, dull, boring, backwards football. I want Hasselbaink to be a success at QPR and I am sure every other supporter would like to see the same, I want my team playing open, attractive football, scoring plenty and winning more than they lose all from the JFH text book on football. But it isn't happening and from the evidence it isn't going to happen because he is too afraid to send out a team that has a first priority to attack. Therefore I feel he isn't the man for the job. It seems that we cannot get the appointment right but many other clubs can, Huddersfield can, Brentford can, but we can't.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:58 - Sep 27 with 1096 viewsdaveB

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:38 - Sep 27 by DWQPR

Dave I don't think that is strictly true. I believe that Hasselbaink is out of his depth, consistently playing players out of position and Saturday he got lucky with Cousins injury as Wszolek came on and was the catalyst to a much improved performance. I had a ticket for tonight, I couldn't be bothered to go. Over the last ten months I have seen some of the most mind numbing football played by Rangers in many a year. It is full, it is boring, it is backwards. For the last five months of last season I thought that he was waiting to get his own players in and get the remainder of the squad fit for the new season. He got rid of Faurlin and kept Henry, obviously thinking that Faurlin would not be able to cope with the high tempo, high pressing game we were promised. Eleven games into the new season we have reverted to type, dull, boring, backwards football. I want Hasselbaink to be a success at QPR and I am sure every other supporter would like to see the same, I want my team playing open, attractive football, scoring plenty and winning more than they lose all from the JFH text book on football. But it isn't happening and from the evidence it isn't going to happen because he is too afraid to send out a team that has a first priority to attack. Therefore I feel he isn't the man for the job. It seems that we cannot get the appointment right but many other clubs can, Huddersfield can, Brentford can, but we can't.

We change manager every year, it rarely improves. I think JFH has a lot to do and needs to make a lot of improvements but really don't see the point in changing managers already. I'd give him the season unless we are in a relegation battle.

I think it's fair to say fans call for a new manager every year though.

I've been using message boards since 1997 and it's happened every year apart from in 99/0 under Francis, 03/04 when we went up and 10/11 when we went up. Every other season there has been loud calls online for a change of manager and that's usually before the clocks change. This year is no different and won't change even if we win on Saturday
Beast of Burton match Fred on 23:07 - Sep 27 with 1054 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My memory's not great but I agree with Dave. The call for blood now is constant. I've been guilty of this myself in the past with Redknapp which, in retrospect, was because I disliked his morals as much as his performance.

I hardly recognise us as a fanbase these last few years.

Beast of Burton match Fred on 23:13 - Sep 27 with 1025 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Beast of Burton match Fred on 21:45 - Sep 27 by DeepcutHoop

Followed the match via the QPR hashtag on Twitter.

Never again. Some of our fans seem absolutely desperate for us to be terrible..

From all other sources it sounds like we deserved something more out of the game than just a point.

More concerned with the Bidwell injury than drawing away midweek tbh.

It was awfully painfull to watch. High ball after high ball to our 5 ft 10 forward who amazingly got beaten to every ball by their 6ft 4 plus back four! Lost count the number of times the goalkeepers smashed balls right up the pitch to the other goalkeeper. A ref that should never ever referee another game of professional football. A.missed sending off, stopping the game every time a Burton player fell on his @rse yet played on when Birdwell lay motionless plus countless strange dicissions. The team all over the place with nobody seeming to know their position. A draw about fair, but only because both teams were so sh!t that neither deserved to win.
Beast of Burton match Fred on 23:17 - Sep 27 with 1005 viewsted_hendrix

Beast of Burton match Fred on 23:13 - Sep 27 by dodge_stoke_r

It was awfully painfull to watch. High ball after high ball to our 5 ft 10 forward who amazingly got beaten to every ball by their 6ft 4 plus back four! Lost count the number of times the goalkeepers smashed balls right up the pitch to the other goalkeeper. A ref that should never ever referee another game of professional football. A.missed sending off, stopping the game every time a Burton player fell on his @rse yet played on when Birdwell lay motionless plus countless strange dicissions. The team all over the place with nobody seeming to know their position. A draw about fair, but only because both teams were so sh!t that neither deserved to win.

Oh dear, that bad?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Beast of Burton match Fred on 23:21 - Sep 27 with 984 viewsPunteR

Beast of Burton match Fred on 22:38 - Sep 27 by DWQPR

He managed to get results with Burton last year with the same defensive dour football but agree that on the evidence he's just not prepared to change it when quite obviously he needs to.
I only listened to the comms tonight ,but almost straight away the commentary duo saw Washington was isolated,not getting the ball he needs. Midfield needed to be pushing up and helping but we seemed too reluctant. Its a ridiculous scenario because all we're doing is letting teams get into the game straight away.
Why did we wait until we conceded to start playing more positively? Or even when we equalised to start having a go at them.? We just seem to make life hard for ourselves.
I'm no tactician but Washington however hard he works cannot play up top on his own against 3 defenders, might as well stick Caulker up there.
Jimmy has got to adapt more and be more positive. Maybe that will come with more experience and confidence. I dunno, a point away isn't bad I suppose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024